Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 1/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Friday 1/11

• Loading the player...
  • @galentine I wish I could congratulate you but I've moved on now... 

JK, I ❤️ U, and Happy Friday! 

• edited January 2019
    @galentine Get it girl!  So glad the meeting manifested to be as awesome as you had hoped!

Month/Cycle: 6/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD, FF, PreSeed, prenatals, temping (poorly)

R/R: We've been striving to make the EOD more enjoyable and less scheduled feeling this month, and it's been going really well.  Last night was the first night that I really would have rather gone to sleep instead.  I told MH "I think I probably ovulated yesterday or today and we can stop soon." and he said "But we don't have to stop!" so that was really nice.  I'm just looking forward to having it go back to being more spontaneous and less scheduled.  Now if only I could be sure I definitely ovulated.

CS/Q:  I am pretty sure I ovulated yesterday or the day before, but my temps haven't really moved, so I can't really be sure.  But I also know my temps are screwy this cycle because I couldn't find my BBT and my sleep has been all out of whack this week.  If this cycle doesn't take, I'll buy another BBT, I guess.  So I'll stay here one more day and then probably move over to TWW tomorrow-ish. I dunno. I hate charting. Any thoughts welcome. 

Edited to remove double image
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @galentine yaasssss girl! You definitely willed that interaction into existence. Ok, so now that we know you have superpowers, this is going to be your month, right? 
    @shamrocandroll it's harder than it seems to make HIO feel less like a chore than it becomes when you're TTC. If someone had told me that 2 years ago when we were all hot and heavy we would've laughed in their face. I mean, we're still like that but maybe not every day? We're also 2 years older and we've really been feeling our age lately. I'm glad you've found a way to make it more enjoyable this cycle! 

Month/Cycle: 13/10

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/low carb diet, HIO, softcups, monitored natural cycle + TI

R/R: Come From Away was AMAZING you guys! Like it might've bumped Phantom down to 3rd in my list of my favourite 3 shows (Wicked is obviously still # 1, I've seen it 4 times). It was captivating from beginning to end, and yes I cried through a lot of it (or as MF says, it was a single tear that just never dried up :lol: oh god I love him) but it was so heartwarming and so well done. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see it. I have ties to Nfld so that made it more endearing to me, especially as a Canadian, but even still, it's a story of our common humanity and a tale of the good that can come out of probably the biggest tragedy of our lifetime. 

CS/Q: As worried as I was about having 2 follies release last month on the letrozole, I'm pretty bummed there's only 1 dominant follicle this month haha. That being said, it's still truckin' along. Still no EWCM. Temps a little rocky, it'll be good for both of us once MF starts his diet because I'll go back to no carbs along with him. I've been pretty lax about it since the holidays. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @galentine that’s awesome! Well done!

@shamrocandroll it looks like you possibly could have O’d on CD15, but it’s hard to say without one or two more temps. I’m sorry you hate charting, it’s the only thing that keeps me sane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: B6, started round two of Clomid today.

R/R: Yesterday was pretty shitty at work. Literally and figuratively. One of my csection patients had horrendous diarrhea and vomiting so we had to keep cleaning her up. Then I had to do back-to-back unplanned sections at night, and no one helped me clean the OR. Didnt get home til midnight, and sleeping in is not an option for me.

CS/Q: Has anyone else here done Clomid? My period was basically 1.5 days...I’m totally dry now. Any other time I would be overjoyed, but I’m worried my lining was too thin from the Clomid.
  • @daffodil_shoe I took Clomid for the 1st time this cycle and will be interested to see if mine's shorter at all after that - I'll keep you posted! I did notice that my period basically stopped after I started taking it (CD 3-7).
  • @galentine Way to dazzle your boss you brilliant thing!

@shamrocandroll I’d be interested to see what your temps do in the next couple days. I agree about how hard it can be for HIO to not be a chore when it’s scheduled. It doesn’t really seem to happen spontaneously anymore since we started SMEP. 

@kiki047 Glad it was an amazing show! LOL at a single tear that never dried up!

@daffodil_shoe Sorry for a shitty day! Sounds like an exhausting one. It’s the worst when you work with unhelpful people. I haven’t done Clomid but have been having short periods since coming off BC. I started raspberry leaf tea last month since that it supposed to help tone the uterus and potentially help thicken the lining. Not sure if it’s related but my period was half a day longer! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Ava, SMEP, OPK, CM, RLT, fertility yoga

R/R: It’s sooo cold here I just want to stay curled up under a blanket all day. But I have errands to go do. Still have a bit of a sore throat but it hasn’t gotten any worse so FX it doesn’t turn into anything. 

CS/Q: none
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @galentine You totally willed that into existence! That's so awesome. We already knew you were super amazing!

@shamrocandroll I agree about the spontaneous DTD and having it not just be about making a baby. Not sure about your chart so I agree with waiting another day to see what happens.

@kiki047 So glad you and YF had a lovely time last night. Yay for us having the same favorite musicals list (Wicked and Phantom are my #1/2 and Fiddler is my #3). 

@daffodil_shoe wow.... no words for your rough workday. *hugs* for you because I don't know if I could do something like that.

@misshelen86 I totally forgot that you were starting the RLT last month too. I also noticed that my period was *ever so slightly* longer/heavier than usual. Good to know because I really didn't chalk it up to anything in particular. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, PNV, EPO, raspberry leaf tea, preseed, soft cups and thinking I should try SMEP this cycle (just cause)

R/R: nothing much. Yay for Friday.

CS/Q: nope
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @stephanie123456 Good to know you noticed a slight difference in your period as well! I think you should totally jump on the SMEP train! I like that it takes the guesswork out. Yay for Friday! 
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @elle-0409 and @jennifer_louise, thank you to my recently departed-for-TWW friends!

@shamrocandroll, that's sweet you guys are able to keep the spark going despite TTC scheduled HIO. 

@kiki047, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! I've never heard of Come From Away, but I looked it up and it sounds so good! And emotional!! Edited to add - and yes, I will use my new superpower to make sure me and all my TTGP friends get knocked up!!

@daffodil_shoe, I'm so sorry for the shitty day at work! Although I did LOL at your use of "literally and figuratively" 😂

@misshelen86, fingers crossed your sore throat/cold stays far away!

@stephanie123456, TGIF, amirite?!
  • @galentine congrats! I'm so glad it went well!

@daffodil_shoe girl I feel for you on the shitty day. Probably the worst part of working in the hospital 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15/ +opk this morning 

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNV, FF (poorly attempting), 

R/R: rave: I told myself if I wasn't pregnant last cycle I would 1000% paint our master bedroom this cycle. So yesterday I got it all painted! I'm so happy we have one less project to do. 
    Rant: DH came home in a bad mood last night, and of course I was getting close to peak surge w/ my OPKs. I have been off for the week and have to work the next two nights so I won't even see him. I asked him if we could BD and got a hard no. My anxiety has been terrible all week so I just had enough and started crying. So frustrating!!

CS/Q: does anyone wear the watches like ava or other brands at night? With my sleep schedule and night shift I just can't seem to get a consistent reading.  I don't wanna spend the money on a fancy tracker but also it's feeling more and more worth it 

• Thanks ladies!  I was really upset when I couldn't find my BBT after not using it for a while, but figured I'd use a regular thermometer just to get back in the habit again.  I'll get another one for next cycle if I need to.  Really hoping I don't need to, though!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @wanderlost I use Ava. It’s so much easier to just wear a watch since I work rotating day/night shifts. Sorry YH was in such a bad mood. That’s really annoying he didn’t want to HIO. I’d be pissed! 
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Why hello there lovely ladies! I have been swamped with work so not posting but have been lurking intensely :smile:

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: good old-fashioned BD

R/R: I'm so excited for this weekend, even though I'll be working because I NEED to get on top of some things before next week. But at least I won't be having to respond to emails while I doing so like I have to do during the week~

CS/Q: nada, my dog ate my thermometer and I'm too cheap to buy another yet ("what if this is the month and you just spent for nothing" HA)
  • @galentine YAAS speak it into existence
    @shamrocandroll that's great, I love the "because we love each other" only HIO times!
    @kiki047 oh I'll take your recommendation to heart because Wicked is my number 1 too
    @daffodil_shoe man, that sounds like an EXTREMELY tough day at work, hopefully you're off on weekends and get to enjoy this one
    @misshelen86 good luck this cycle with SMEPing
    @stephanie123456 I vote SMEP! I feel like my long work hours are keeping me from being able to commit to doing that 
    @wanderlost sorry to hear about last night not working out :( maybe you can still BD really quickly tomorrow before work?