Baby Names

Name Help

Hi!

I'm due with our first within the next couple of weeks and we're struggling with names. We don't know what we are having so we would like to pick out a few of each. Below is what we have so far and would like to know which you like or if there are any other suggestions. We're looking for a name that's not common but not super unique, a happy medium. We are also set on the middle name for boy and girl which are included.

Boys

Colton Brandon
Emmett Brandon
Jacob Brandon
Xander Brandon
Barret Brandon
Elias Brandon
Finn (Findley) Brandon
Lochlan Brandon
Mason Brandon
Nolan Brandon

Girls
Harper Marie
Kensley Marie
Ramsey Marie
Shelby Marie
Amelia Marie
Charlotte Marie
Clara Marie
Evelyn Marie

Any votes or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: Name Help

• Elias and Clara would be my favorites from those lists. 

Xander Brandon sounds too rhyme-y so I'd definitely nix that one. Other than Xander, Barrett would be the only other hard no for me. The rest are fine. 

From the girls list, Harper and Kensley don't age well IMO. Ramsey isn't terrible but I would say no to that one over the others. Shelby is cute and definitely not super popular so I'd say that would be my second choice. Amelia, Charlotte and Evelyn are beautiful but definitely on the more popular/trendy side. 

• Xander and Evelyn are my two picks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Boys
    Colton Brandon - toss
    Emmett Brandon - toss
    Jacob Brandon - keep
    Xander Brandon - toss
    Barret Brandon - toss 
    Elias Brandon - keep
    Finn (Findley) Brandon - keep (just Finn)
    Lochlan Brandon - toss
    Mason Brandon - toss
    Nolan Brandon - toss

Girls
    Harper Marie - toss
    Kensley Marie - toss far far away
    Ramsey Marie - toss toss toss
    Shelby Marie - keep
    Amelia Marie - toss
    Charlotte Marie - keep 
    Clara Marie - keep 
    Evelyn Marie - keep
  • The only boy name I really like is Elias Brandon. 

Girls Evelyn Marie is my favorite followed by Charlotte
  • Boy - Elias Brandon

Girls - Shelby, Charlotte, Clara, or Evelyn
    I think Shelby is the least popular right now, so that has a slight edge, followed by Clara.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Elias Brandon for sure.  For me, the only other boy option is Emmett which is not as fresh as Elias in my opinion.  The rest sound very rhyme-y to me which I do not care for (double B's, same ending sound, etc)

I think your girl list is all over the place.  Half are great, half are very made-up-sounding trendy ones.  I would narrow your list to: Amelia, Charlotte, Clara, Evelyn.  Within that smaller list I would vote Clara.

• Casadena said:

Elias Brandon for sure.  For me, the only other boy option is Emmett which is not as fresh as Elias in my opinion.  The rest sound very rhyme-y to me which I do not care for (double B's, same ending sound, etc)

I think your girl list is all over the place.  Half are great, half are very made-up-sounding trendy ones.  I would narrow your list to: Amelia, Charlotte, Clara, Evelyn.  Within that smaller list I would vote Clara.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Elias and Clara, with a few other good options for the girls.
  • Jacob Brandon or Elias Brandon

Shelby Marie or Evelyn Marie

Would be my picks
  • Emmett and Elias are my fave boy names. 

I dislike Harper, Kensley, Ramsey and Shelby. I love the other girl names. I think Clara is the most unusual out of your options.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Xander or Nolan for boy 
    Evelyn for girl

most of your names are NMS im not inot trendy