Babies on the Brain

I'm in....hes not.

Weve gone back and forth on the idea of having a second child. His logic (and I agree) was if its gonna happen its gotta be right after we get married bc were getting old.

...So were 9 months into marriage and I'm still on birth control. We havent set anything in stone n got him snipped.... but we also kind of agreed that our apathy was a sign we were done. Well now that were just past our deadline (and my daughter is 7... so were REALLY pushing it w her age as well) I cant shake the feeling that I'm not done. I mean why else would I continue to save boxes and boxes of my daughters old stuff?! (Look downstairs babe.... are you really surprised I changed my mind? Lol) but now he seems set on the no more babies idea. And understandably so. We DID talk about it. But I feel like the ppl who are done just know. And the ppl who cant commit to a damn thing 🙋‍♀️ but know they want more are perpetually on the fence.

So here I am hoping off the proverbial fence n realizing hes been on the other side this whole time. I'm not sure what to do w this. If I sell him on the idea im taking on all of my own fears and doubts PLUS his. hes willing to do it for me and my daughter but still states it's not his first choice. That's no way to make a decision. But if we go his route and I submit then I have to finally mourn the loss of this idea I've held onto forever... 

Side note: hes not the father of my daughter so he has none of his own biological children. Not that it makes a difference but i wonder if that "holy shit this is real, that's MY kid" moment would tip the scale when It comes down to it. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm in....hes not.

• I personally would not be having a child with someone that was not on board with it. I feel that it leaves room for there be a lot of resentment, and responsibility shifting. I would be worried that my DH would not be as involved because he wasn't on board initially. 

I also would not want to go through with it hoping that at some point he has that "this is MY kid" moment.

Good luck!