August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday 1/10

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: UO Thursday 1/10

• I love black licorice 😋 
  • Loading the player...
  • catpants said:
    I love black licorice 😋 
    Bkech! That is gross even when not dealing with crippling MS. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @deecherise We’re supposed to avoid mayo?!?!?
  • @dogmomma096 I read something that suggested we should avoid mayo and aioli because of the egg. Regardless, it's a no from me dawg. I had a BLT+avocado for lunch and I slathered on the mayo.
  • I'm with @dogmomma096, @deecherise! I have not heard of this avoidance!! Nope, not gonna. It's made with eggs & oil, both of which - in moderation - are incredibly healthful and helpful in pregnancy!! What whacked vegan told you this?

Also - and I'm know I'm going to be roasted - wtf does UO stand for? I know I'm oldAF, but I couldn't see anything relevant on a Google search: I know it's not a university, a tween's favorite clothing store, or an RPG reference. Unpopular Opinion? That's all I've got :| 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @suzycupcake - HAHAHA, I'm a huge offender. I feel like WTF Wednesday should be EVERY day.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• WAIT- I thought mayo was fair game and homemade aioli was out? 
  • @deecherise mayo in the tub is fine. It's only fresh made aioli with raw unpasteurized eggs that's a no-go.
  • @olivemomma Yesssss. In another lifetime I almost moved to SC with my boyfriend at the time. On a visit I couldn't help but notice how well put together the majority of the women were. I was like, Oh, I'm not going to fit in here at all. I'm in northern New England, I think we're generally pretty laid back here too.

• @mkrel and @Amdogger82 I’m so glad I’m not crazy in my thoughts that the ladies of the south beat to a different drummer. To be fair, I think We partly brought this on ourselves because we bought in a very upscale part of the city - but I just feel all the women here are always done up to the nines, driving around in their pristine and pricey cars, walking their $2000 pure bred dogs (@mkrel totally agree with you there too!), dressing their kids in clothes that cost more than mine do, living their perfectly put together Instagram lives. I’ve yet to make a single girlfriend here because all of that is just not me - I’m a little to no makeup, hair up in a ponytail, hot mess rescue puppy kind of mom. I’m hoping to start a trend... it’s not looking promising 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I don’t think we should judge women on appearances 🤷🏻‍♀️

I love Sephora and my hair dresser and manicures. It doesn’t mean I’m not a friendly and kind person. Sounds pretty judgmental to me honestly.
  • Apparently UO: I love Reese’s Pieces. That’s my go-to movie theater candy. But if I’m buying candy to watch a movie at home, then I go peanut butter m&ms 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @deecherise Commercially made mayo contains pasteurized eggs. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited January 2019
    @lilmamabebe3 I’m not trying to be overly critical and didn’t mean to come off that way. I also have a hairdresser, have spent time in Sephora, and have gotten my nails done from time to time. There just seems to be this level of extremism here that I have never experienced before and I can’t wrap my casual laid back mind around it. But yes - I think spending thousands of dollars a year on it is over the top and sends the wrong message and I don’t think it’s healthy to have to be perfectly put together from head to toe everyday - that was ultimately my UO. 

Editing to add - I have also noticed a correlation of unfriendliness and cattiness associated with it. I’m not saying that women who do their hair and nails are unfriendly and catty. But I have noticed when there tends to be more of an obsession with ones looks and extreme effort put into it that correlation does go up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @mkrel, I agree. I used to do rescue work and still follow them all and it’s sad that people get from breeders when so many dogs need homes. It breaks my heart. I would love to rescue so many more dogs if I could. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I guess I have to confess that I did have two full bred yorkies from a breeder. However, I have severe pet allergies & those are the only dogs I'm not allergic to & the yorkie rescues near me did not have full blooded dogs. We now have no pets except a toddler (ha), but I do not regret buying my fur babies so I could have fur babies. 
  • @mkrel @AKuzReve I do have to say that I wanted a yorkie puppy specifically and  I tried for several years to get one through rescues but the puppies were always taken so quickly. 

@suzycupcake lol
  • I’ll confess too: we currently have two rescue dogs, but after they’re gone DH and I are planning to get a puppy from a breeder. I love my dogs, but they have been challenging, and I would like the next dog to be a little more predictable with the breed known.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @olivemomma what do you mean “send the wrong message”?  I Completely agree with @lilmamabebe3 that we shouldn’t be so judgmental in women and how they choose to express themselves via their appearance. I live in the south and am likely one of the “put together” ones you are referring to. Even if not, I know a ton of them and they are the sweetest. Assholes are everywhere and in every size and shape and dress.
     What is not healthy is generalizing a population and judging women for what they wear, their makeup, and how they look.  EVER. 

• I guess I’m the other end of the UO... I’m for buying from a well established breeder and for people doing a lot of research on breeds of dogs before adopting or purchasing. Temperament and special needs change a lot depending on breeds and I think there are many shelter/rescue dogs because people haven’t done their due diligence of understanding the type of dog they’re  getting. My sister has a very well established Husky breeding business. She does extensive vetting when it comes to choosing owners for her pups and has a contract that makes the owner return the puppy to her to be rehomed if they realize they can’t handle the husky breed or something else comes up. She breeds because she LOVES her dogs and wants to bring that type of love to others through information and accountability. Maybe my view is skewed because of her but I think it’s unfair to say that people are wrong for buying from a breeder. Many breeders work their butts off for their dogs and have a lot of love for that specific breed.
  • I still can’t tag. But my point was it’s just another way for women to be pitted against each other. And I can understand about your mean girls comment but people aren’t inherently mean because their priorities are different.

I understand this is UO but I cringe at stuff like this. 
  • becks68becks68 member
    edited January 2019
    I hate peanut butter - not allergic, won't let DH kiss me if he's had some.  Ironically, DH's family always puts peanut butter candy in my Christmas stocking... maybe they are trying to give me a hint.  

ETA: Wish the Bump could change the "love it" to "hugs" - feels like it would be a lot more appropriate in like 90% of discussions
  • olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited January 2019
    Alright let me try to clarify again as I think my previous wording may have worked against me. I’m not trying to attack women who wear makeup, do their hair, or whatever else. If you look nice every day, kudos to you. There was a time in my life when I worked in the corporate world where I was put together most of the time as well. But I do think our society, and women specifically, Place a lot of emphasis on physical appearance and how they are perceived by others. I have been told recently how brave I am for going to the store without any makeup on. I have been told “oh honey your cuticals are just screaming for a manicure.” I have been at a mom function where nothing other than clothing, hair, makeup, etc was discussed and even heard how one person had been *gasp* buying used clothing for their kids (catty yes??). All of these comments made by moms of little girls who they are the example for. So yes I’m judging the emphasis ive seen placed on appearance recently and the amount of money and effort that goes into constantly projecting this flawless existence. And yes, I think it can most definitely send the wrong message, especially to our girls. Im not walking down the street judging this woman or that woman based on how she looks or what she is wearing. If I don’t know you I honestly don’t care about it. But if I have met you and you comment on my lack of apprearance, someone else’s inability to afford namebrand clothing for their kids, or you know more about this seasons hottest trends then what is transpiring on the news I get a little judgy. Obviously I don’t think this is indicative of an entire population of women or likely even most of the women I’m surrounded by. But I also can’t overlook that it exists in a way I have never noticed previously since moving. I think we should teach our daughters it’s okay to leave the house not looking perfect and that you don’t need to spend a butt load of money on your appearance, that other things are more important. But wear what you want, buy what you want.

@database6 I did not mean to offend you and realize I over generalized a bit. I have not met these sweet well put together ladies you speak of but have no doubt they are out there. Being in a new community and feeling judged a bit myself because I don’t fit into this mold that I do believe is very real has been hard and I have judged back. Again definitely not trying to personally attack or over generalize to a larger population
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I get why people do it. I am very allergic to dogs and I will likely only have a shih tzu. Finding them for adoption isn’t easy. But I always see owner surrender dogs so possible to find and just can take time. Sometimes it isn’t so if you tried and can’t find, that’s one thing. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @lilmamabebe3 @database6 I'm sorry I offended or if it seemed like i was making character assumptions about folks based on how they take care of themselves. I was empathizing with the sentiment of feeling like a fish out of water. 
  • Animal prints should be accessories only or accents, not entire outfits. Not even half outfits. Nope. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake - Agreed, although, I do put DD (a cute, chunky 2.5 y.o. with perpetual pigtails) in a pair of leopard leggings from time to time. I'd look like I was swallowed by a ravenous zebra if I tried  :lol:

Disregarding subject titles. Pregnancy is already hard enough when there's a variety of people going through it together, but feeling like you can't share or commiserate because some people showed up and derail the intentions of a group - picking a group that sends to be more active for more views or possibility of responses, but either off-topic or making others in the group feel uncomfortable. Huge bummer.

**History in Spoiler**

• @Amdogger82 - Awww, it's not so bad down here. Originally from RI, have been living in SC for ... Almost 17 years now. The weather is awesome, food is decent (I do miss cold water seafood), and the people are pretty interesting.

Gender reveals.
    **History in Spoiler**

• I know "put-together" women that are as sweet as can be, and I know "tomboys" that are catty, horrible people. I agree that it doesn't set a good example to over-prioritize appearances, but I lean more towards not making judgements about people based on appearances. Depending on what day of the week you catch me, I could fit in either category...also in the nice vs. catty 😝
    @deecherise I do agree with you and I think you have chosen your wording much better than I did.

i want to apologize to anyone I may have offended and over generalizing my comments of several specific people I have encountered to a larger population. I don’t respect when others do that and there I am sticking my foot in my mouth. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I'm commenting on a Thursday thread on a Friday--yikes!!

In any case, I do understand where you guys are coming from and the point I was trying to make was that your comments were the same as what you were feeling insecure about. Judging these women by their appearances because you feel judged or like an outsider.

When my husband was in the military, I hated it! I felt the same way. I didn't know any other military wives that worked and felt so insecure about leaving my baby in a daycare that I judged them for doing nothing because I was insecure about working. We've all been there. But we can be better that. #womensupportingwomen is my life goal.