July 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Brain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

Ok Moms so is anyone having what my Mom calls the โ€œpregnancy brain!โ€ Seriously I am very forgetful now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ losing my phone or forgetting what I was gonna say next in a conversation! Omg Hubby asked me โ€œwhat the hell is going on are u ok do u need to see someone?โ€ Iโ€™m like NO!!! Iโ€™m always asking myself โ€œwhat was I doingโ€ or about to do๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
ยซ13

Re: Pregnancy Brain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

• Literally left a celebratory happy hour 2 hours ago and forgot to pay my bill.... coworkers covered it for me.
  • I stood in my kitchen looking for a spoon for my yogurt for a good minute. I could not remember what drawer we kept the silverware in...
  • Loading the player...
  • Happyin14 said:
    Literally left a celebratory happy hour 2 hours ago and forgot to pay my bill.... coworkers covered it for me.
    OMG!!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m seriously glad Iโ€™m not in this alone ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป It sooooo sucks though ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • All the time. My husband was like what the heck is wrong with you, youโ€™ve never been so forgetful. I forgot the gifts at Christmas. I forgot the sign for our announcement photo (said mom and dad are getting me a human to take with our pups). Itโ€™s like my short-term memory is just shot.ย 
  • I stood in my kitchen looking for a spoon for my yogurt for a good minute. I could not remember what drawer we kept the silverware in...
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I honestly pray I remember to refill my prescription tomorrow!!! I mean I was looking for my amazon stick remote like where on earth is it! It was under the tv stand where I always put it๐Ÿ˜ซ I said something has got to give๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…
  • We had a meeting yesterday about an exhibit each of us on my upper-level team are contributing to. They kept saying eight cases, over and over, again, and I asked where they got the number eight from? There are only seven of us! ... Several counts later revealed I wasn't counting myself.ย  :#
  • I met with my new Executive Director.ย  I mentioned that my husband works right near where she lives.ย  She asked me who he works for, I could not remember for the life of me.
  • Making dinner in my kitchen last night, I called out to Alexa by saying "Amazon, play top country"... and then wondered why she didn't respond to my request.
  • Came in from the grocery and immediately put my wallet in my purse. Went to sat the food down and forgot what I did with my wallet. Looked everywhere and back in the car. I was ready to drive back to the store.ย 
  • I love all these stories ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚. Work has been tough! I have to write down EVERYTHING or I will forget it. I usually have a mind like a steel trap!
  • Oh man. The morning of my appt the other day I had to stop and get gas. Pump didn't work so I had to take my boys inside. I had my debit card in my pocket from trying to pay at the pump but left my wallet, purse, phone and keys sitting right there on the front seat and the doors unlocked. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™
  • Tried to plug my phone in by sticking the cord in the volume/silent switch. Yeahhhh.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have photo-relational memory, so I don't forget much in general. And I've never had to be cautious about remembering things or setting reminders or whatnot because I just have always remembered.ย 
    This is hell for me! I can't remember the names of restaurants. What so-and-sos name is. And for work, my boss is always counting on me to remember things. And I think she is worried about me because I've lost my touch... I haven't told her yet.ย  :persevere:ย  She's gonna be like, "It all makes sense now!"ย 
  • I am constantly asking myself โ€œwhat was I going to do?โ€ and having to accept not remembering and doing something else! Itโ€™s hard to not get disappointed with yourself, but, just like the naps I never used to take, Iโ€™m accepting these new quirks and being
    nice to myself about them. I just canโ€™t push myself to be just like I was before pregnant. Itโ€™s 9 months out of a lifetime, not a permanent condition. I think the scary part is thinking youโ€™re stuck this way! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    This made me LOL so hard!!!! I have definitely done the same thing! Putting the dishes away has become difficult!
  • My biggest struggle is talking. I'll be in the middle of a sentence and totally lose my train of thought! I'll forget words and stuff too. My vocabulary is definitely not as sophisticated as it usually is!
  • @cindler Iโ€™ve done the same thing! Itโ€™s awful!ย 
  • Last week I drove away from the gas station- with the pump still in my car. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • @erynpdx omg. Did the attendant catch you in time??
  • @mamanbebe they're designed to detach easily.ย 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • My coworker was talking to me, I responded, then I looked at her and was like ''i have no clue what we just talked about!'"
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @mamanbebe you still have attendants? I havenโ€™t seen an attendant anywhere since I was like 7 years old! Lolย 
  • @bartonolivia Haha, blast from the past! It's a state law in OR :) All full-service! It's kind of luxurious when you're not wanting to stand out in the heat, cold or rain but sometimes the wait for an attendant can be a little ridiculous.ย 

• @firecracker_mama I had no idea! Good to know.ย 
  • @mamanbebe yah the hose like detached- it was quite traumatic for me but the attendants made it seem like no big deal? But I was freaking out. And huzzah to living in Oregon and not pumping my own gas! I love it.ย 
  • Last night while making dinner, I needed the strainer, but I decided to look in the cabinet where the trash cans are..then cleaning up dinner I tried to put my iPad in the pantry instead of putting away the bread and tried to put something else in the fridge that didn't go there.. (I can't even remember what it is now LOL) I just looked at my husband and laughed. It's hard at work cause I'm an executive assistant and I need to schedule meetings and make sure my VP is where he is supposed to be and I keep forgetting to do things. Can't wait to tell him so that I don't look like I'm just losing my mind and suck at my job.ย 
  • @mamanbebe when we drove through OR on vacation several years ago, it was SO UNCOMFORTABLE to wait for an attendant. Getting out in the cold sucks, but I'm definitely a do-it-myself kind of girl and did not like someone doing it for me!
  • @cindler haha.. it takes some getting used to but now I am grateful to not have to suffer through the fumes with yee old pregnant nose.ย 
  • @jennm0724 Have you ever used Trello? That is keeping me ALIVE right now. It is an organizational tool that I use to keep track of all the stuff I need to do at work. You can set reminders and stuff. And mark things for Priority. I have an outstanding to do list and then I can organize what I need to do each day. It is a great tool for staying organized. It is good for home life, too.ย 
  • @hakele <3 Trello. That is how DH and I planned our wedding, named DS and are now naming LO. I also used it for project management when I had my consultancy but I love it for personal stuff!ย 
  • erynpdx said:
    Last week I drove away from the gas station- with the pump still in my car. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Iโ€™ve done this too!! Not this pregnancy, but during my first.ย 
  • @jennm0724 I have been struggling every night making dinner too! Can't remember where things go. Two nights ago I went to go plan my outfit for the following day, opened the pantry and realized that no, this definitely is not my closet!
  • Sparty18 said:
    Making dinner in my kitchen last night, I called out to Alexa by saying "Amazon, play top country"... and then wondered why she didn't respond to my request.
    OMG ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ mine has been getting worse since I started this threadย 
  • I didn't have enough hands to carry all the groceries on so I put the ice cream in my purse to get it inside. I completely forgot about it ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    LAWD!!!! Weโ€™re going through it!!!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ
  • @jennm0724 I have been struggling every night making dinner too! Can't remember where things go. Two nights ago I went to go plan my outfit for the following day, opened the pantry and realized that no, this definitely is not my closet!
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚omg !!!!!
  • My coworker was talking to me, I responded, then I looked at her and was like ''i have no clue what we just talked about!'"
    Omg that was me yesterday!!!!!!
  • I didn't have enough hands to carry all the groceries on so I put the ice cream in my purse to get it inside. I completely forgot about it ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    LAWD!!!! Weโ€™re going through it!!!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

***Trapped in the box***

Yes! I feel insane.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @bartonolivia ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
    FTM
    July 4th