January 2019 Moms

40 weeks and 3 days how to naturally kickstart labor?

On Monday I was dilated to a 2 1/2 from a 1 1/2 the week before, and im 70%effaced. The doctor is pretty convinced I wont make it to my next appointment on Monday but so far no contracrions and signs of water breaking!! Im so uncomfortable and getting impatient, anyone naturally induce labor successfully on their own or have any suggestions. Im desperate!! 

Re: 40 weeks and 3 days how to naturally kickstart labor?

• I have been told walking and sex are the best two options!
  • Ive been walking like crazy and doing squats and lundges and sex, spicy food, pineapple juice, im convinced nothing will work lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did walking and took a really warm long bath the night before my water broke with my 1st. Not sure if it helped but when I'm ready for this to be done I'm going to try it again.
  • @knottiec5071a3e765110d2 in the end baby comes when baby is ready despite all our efforts. You’re almost there!
  • libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
    edited January 2019
    Check out spinningbabies.com. Sometimes getting baby into that ideal ROA position can help labor to start because then baby’s head is pushing against the cervix in the right way to get things going. Good-luck!
  • Check out spinningbabies.com. Sometimes getting baby into that ideal ROA position can help labor to start because then baby’s head is pushing against the cervix in the right way to get things going. Good-luck!
    Ill check it out! Thanks!! Only a few more days and im pushing for induction at my next appt. I really dont see the point in her staying in longer when theres more of a risk the longer she stays