March 2019 Moms

High Risk Check In 10/25

Re: High Risk Check In 10/25

• @3rdtime_charmed thanks. Also, I'm glad you mfm Dr was more optimistic. Sorry you have more unanswered questions. Keep us updated.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @bdesterhouse I would have to stay in town by myself and MH would have to man the farm alone, which he is not looking forward to. Luckily we are in the quiet season, got the last of the ag fields cut this week!!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • @3rdtime_charmed I'm sorry to hear they're preparing you for a potential early delivery. I'm hoping babies stay put much longer than your OB is thinking. In my experience my MFM is much more knowledgeable than my OB about these types of things so hopefully it's a good sign that he/she is more optimistic!

@Kenneylynn3 US growth estimates are not super accurate. In my last pregnancy I had two scans over three days. The first put baby in the 12th percentile, the second in the 34th. Hopefully there's no reason for concern!

AFM, I'm excited to hit viability on Tuesday. It's a big deal when it comes to expectant management and outcomes if I were to PPROM again so I've been really nervous about it. I have two more cervical length scans in the next three weeks then I guess I'm done with my MFM unless more issues arise. I'm nervous not to have any extra monitoring after 26 weeks, especially since I didn't PPROM until 30 weeks last time. Trying to trust the process, though!
  • Is it PPROM or just PROM with one P? 
  • PROM refers to rupture of membranes that occurs without onset of labor, PPROM specifically refers to rupture of membranes occurring prior to 37 weeks gestation, I believe. (Premature rupture of membranes vs preterm premature rupture of membranes)
  • Oh. I have seen it used both ways and was just using the preterm rupture of membranes (PROM) spelling because I didn't know the other was a thing. After 37 weeks, it's just a rupture, I thought, and you're full term. I didn't associate it with whether labor had started! Thanks for clarifying. I have never had my water break without already being in labor and full term. This time around, my fluid is so high and I'm so over extended that I don't know how long the ol' body will hold out! I've never been so nervous about rupturing before baby is 37 weeks. My body has definitely been gearing up for labor, though. (Shudder!)
  • Well, another appointment today. I was supposed to do my 1 hour glucose and started contracting while I was at the doctors office. They are irregular but sometimes really painful.  BP is a little high, trace protein in my urine. My doctor told me that if I continue to contract she will admit me for steroids and Mg, and of course I won’t be able to keep working like I’d planned. 
    Fingers crossed that this settles down, and I can hold out until after Christmas. We are still focused on the 29 week mark because the outcomes improve dramatically at that point.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed I'll keep you and your babies in my thoughts and prayers to hold on until then. When will you be at 29 weeks?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 Jan 3. I go for my next growth US that day too. 

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @mamakeeg yes it was you!  Sorry for the delayed response.  We had very similar issues.  I had been thinking about you!  I'm glad your a/s went well.  I have mine 11/13 with MFM.
    Sorry, I’ve been off of this app for awhile cause my house has terrible service. How have you been doing? I had an ultrasound end of November and baby is 58 percentile and growing awesome! I have another December 19th but I’m getting very big now so I’m pretty sure he is growing lots. It’s nice to have a healthy pregnancy and an actual baby bump! Hope all is well with you too :)
  • @3rdtime_charmed Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm really hoping you can make it to 29 weeks and beyond. Im glad they're keeping a close eye on it. I've heard mag is rough, but very beneficial. Keep cooking babies!
  • @3rdtime_charmed oh that is so stressful especially right before the holidays, you are definitely in my thoughts! As others have said I hope those babies just keep on cookin! 

AFM I failed my 1 hour with 136 it’s still not passing but way better than last time. I’m hopeful I’ll pass the 3 hour but I’ll have to wait another week to take it. I met with my primary care doctor today for my insurance wellness check and my BP was up. I’m so discouraged this is exactly what happened with DS1. I’m still hopeful it’s a fluke and it’ll be down at my appointment on Thursday. 
  • @ashley14598 hopefully your BP was just up since your stressed about the test and you'll pass the 3 hour test. 

• @3rdtime_charmed ugh, nooo! What you described is what I went through and what got me admitted. Please do take it easy! I know you have a farm, but when my irregular painful contractions started happening over Thanksgiving, I put myself on limited mobility. Didn't walk around much, stuck close to home, couch, bed, bathroom, repeat. I held out like that for about 2.5 weeks. I was admitted because at my MFM appt, I felt I had dilated some and had her check to make sure. I thought maybe 1.5 cm. Nope! 3 cm and 80% effaced! She could feel little man though my cervix, kicking her.
    Once I was admitted they found the protein in the urine, slightly high BP, and some high enzymes in the liver. All signs of moderate pre-eclampsia. The steroid shots were not bad, just the initial stick because of the location (butt). Babies sound like are coming early, you want those lungs as developed as possible. That's the one thing my little guy has had no problems with, breathing on his own.
    Good luck, and please take it easy!
  • lisee923lisee923 member
    edited December 2018

@mamakeeg yes it was you!  Sorry for the delayed response.  We had very similar issues.  I had been thinking about you!  I'm glad your a/s went well.  I have mine 11/13 with MFM.
    Sorry, I’ve been off of this app for awhile cause my house has terrible service. How have you been doing? I had an ultrasound end of November and baby is 58 percentile and growing awesome! I have another December 19th but I’m getting very big now so I’m pretty sure he is growing lots. It’s nice to have a healthy pregnancy and an actual baby bump! Hope all is well with you too :)
    aww yay!  That's great to hear.  My lil guy was 55% percentile at 21 weeks at my A/S.  I agree its been great to have a normal pregnancy so far!  I'm HUGE and feel him TONS (waaaaaay more than my daughter) so I think he's growing fine.  We'll see I have a growth scan and my glucose test this Friday 12/14.

Edit: hit reply too soon
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lbloom yeah, I am trying to be optimistic but I am working on getting my hospital bags packed :/ I hope your little one is doing awesome!! Thanks for taking time to check in on us!!!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed Just caught up on your news! Sending lots of good vibes for little one's to hang on awhile longer! Hopefully getting a little rest will help all around! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories!

I'm considered high risk do to AMA (37) and PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) with my first.  I was on bedrest with my first at 37/38 weeks.  I made it to just shy of 40w with her.  With my second I avoided bedrest but was induced at 40w d/t my BP steadily increasing.  This time my BP has been slightly elevated since the beginning so they think its baseline hypertension but still want me to follow with the high risk MFM.  So far everything has looked good.  I have another growth scan next week (at 29w).  I'll have weekly NSTs for the last 4 weeks.  I did start to notice some swelling in my ankles and feet over the past week or so which I think is a little early but its usually at the end of a long work day so I'm not sure its concerning.  I'll check with the MFM at this week's appointment.  
  • @3rdtime_charmed Such great news!! Happy to see everything looks to be calming down for you! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @3rdtime_charmed super glad to hear it!!
  • @lisee923 how’d it all go!? I did my glucose test today (no results yet but not worried) and had a growth ultrasound. He’s measuring 55th percentile now at 26 weeks and about 2lb 2oz. Maternal fetal medicine says they’re done with ultrasounds for me unless my ob requests it, and she says that we will just do growth ultrasounds in office from here on out just to be sure. Makes me feel better that she wants to keep an eye on him but looks like nothing concerning! Yaya! I hope to hear great news from you too :)
  • mamakeeg said:
    @lisee923 how’d it all go!? I did my glucose test today (no results yet but not worried) and had a growth ultrasound. He’s measuring 55th percentile now at 26 weeks and about 2lb 2oz. Maternal fetal medicine says they’re done with ultrasounds for me unless my ob requests it, and she says that we will just do growth ultrasounds in office from here on out just to be sure. Makes me feel better that she wants to keep an eye on him but looks like nothing concerning! Yaya! I hope to hear great news from you too :)
    @mamakeeg awww I'm so happy to hear that!  We were also discharged from MFM after the 21 anatomy scan unless anything concerning starts to happen.  They recommended my OB do growth checks every 4-6 weeks.  The one Friday at 26 weeks went great!  I was getting anxious but turns out he's a week ahead, 88th percentile!  2 lbs 5 oz.  Bigger than DD was at 30 weeks.  So crazy.  We were so relieved.  The past couple appointments my BP has been high at the start of the appointment but then goes down.  It's been totally fine at home.  But they are keeping an eye on it and are considering starting bp meds.  Frustrating because my readings at home have been great. Maybe now that I know he's a big boy I can calm down more in the office.  Oh and I failed the 1 hr glucose.  :(   Taking the 3 hr on Saturday and hoping I pass like I did w/DD.  Did you get your results?  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @3rdtime_charmed that's great! Keep cooking babies!

AFM, I was supposed to be discharged from.MFM yesterday but it was not to be. Cervical length looks great but AFI was the very low end of normal, much lower than it should be at 26 weeks. This is almost exactly how all the complications w my daughter started, though her low fluid wasn't found until 28 weeks then I ruptured at 30. I have to go back in two weeks and check again. He was also measuring on the small side , especially his abdomen but my doctor isnt concerned. My fundal height at my reg appt Monday was exactly 26 so I was definitely surprised and disappointed. The doctor said not to panic and that it's really not in a troublesome range yet, but I can't help but feel I've seen this movie before  
  • @lemieuxk sorry you didn't get great news at your appt. At least the drs are aware and keeping an eye on you. Hopefully your baby boy will keep cooking and you don't have a repeat of your daughter.

• @lisee923 yes i failed mine too :( I have the three hour day after Christmas. Hoping I pass it too! Fingers crossed for both of us!!!
  • I know a bunch of you are also following the PGAL thread, but wanted to update here too.
    It’s been kind of a roller coaster as I flirt with diabetes or preeclampsia. And the contractions are still a regular thing. And baby B has Polyhydramnios now, so we start weekly BPPs. So far they are not asking me to stay in town, but we are still prepping for preterm labor anytime. Overall though, really relieved that the kidney dilation Boy had has resolved, and the discordance resolved. I’m packed for the hospital, the house is clean, and my shower is this weekend, so now that we are totally ready... I will probably go another 9 weeks until my induction date! Which is looking like a scheduled section, baby B is bigger and breech and I DO NOT want to do have to do a section after a vaginal delivery.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed I've been thinking about you a lot and have been meaning to check into PGAL to see how things are going. Glad you are ready, I'd be very surprised if you made it to your induction date, but hopefully they stay put as long as possible! :) Keep us posted!
  • I know, I’m just so miserable now with symptoms from the Polyhydramnios that I worry it would be my luck. I have been thinking of you too @Lbloom, it’s interesting how similar our presentations have been, even though mine wasn’t as severe as yours. I hope you and your little boy are doing well.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• I know i don't check in too often except on this thread but thought I'd update. I was admitted to the hospital yesterday due to low fluid. They dont think I'm ruptured but want to monitor  Theyll rescan Monday and there's a possibility I could go home on bedrest but I also might be here until delivery. Plus I have GD. So it's been a really rough 24 hours. Currently getting steroids and hooong to keep him in as long as I can!
  • @3rdtime_charmed so sorry you're uncomfortable! Hopefully babies stay comfy and you get some relief. Have they done steroids for you yet?
  • @lemieuxk that sounds rough, I can relate. Hang in there, I'm sure you both are in good hands. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best!

@3rdtime_charmed we are doing well, thanks for asking! I posted an update about him in the thankful thread.
  • @lemieuxk glad to hear from you. Sorry, that sounds like a rough 24 hours. Let us know what they decide. Hopefully lo can stay in a while longer.

• @lemieuxk I’m so sorry, Oligohydramnios is scary too. Hang in there!!!

I havent done steroids yet, because I am teetering in the edge of DM and they are already so big, but if the BPP next week doesn’t go well I’m sure that will be the plan.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @lemieuxk I’m so sorry you are dealing with all that! I’m glad you are in good hands but I’m sure it’s all very stressful. 
  • I haven’t really jumped in yet here. I was going to wait until after I meet with my MFM for GD, but just wanted to say I’m sorry you’re dealing with all that @lemieuxk but I hope you get to go home at least.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Thanks, ladies. Its super stressful and brings up a lot of stuff from my last pregnancy. I'm literally living in the room where I delivered my daughter. I'm trying to stay positive but it's tough. 
  • How are my high risk friends doing? 

I'm still in the hospital and the doctor thinks it's likely I'll be here until delivery. They would theoretically induce between 36 and 37 weeks but the OB who was on this morning said she feels like my placenta won't make it that long. I'm 29+2 today, just trying to stay focused on every day he stays in  
  • @lemieuxk
    lurking, but i hope that everything goes well with you and he stays in as long as possible. Just keep focused and positive and thankfully you are where you need to be in the instance anything needs to be done. FX for you and LO  <3