August 2019 Moms

HG check-in 1/6

How far along?

How are you feeling?

Any hospital visits or meds? Any tactics for feeling better?

Whats getting you through this?

GTKY: least offensive / most offensive things you’ve thrown up? 

Re: HG check-in 1/6

• 7 weeks, 6 days

I am having some good and some bad days at this point. It gives me hope that it’ll pass sooner than in my previous pregnancies.

No hospital visits since Christmas week, but I’m trying to eat water heavy foods to stay hydrated even when I can’t drink anything. I’ve started having ginger tea, ginger candies, and werthers original candy actually helps a lot too. So much of it is that oniony, metallic taste in my mouth and nose that is killing me. I’m so congested but I puke every single time I blow my nose. It’s awful.

I haven’t seen a doctor yet so it makes me feel pregnant and gives me some peace there. Also knowing this is my last pregnancy (please please let this be my last) and that I really, really want a third baby. I know this goes away eventually, even if it’s at birth. 

Least offensive was tim Horton’s iced cappuccino. Worst is anything carby that get stuck chunky in my throat. This includes pizza and sauerkraut wasn’t great either. 
  • Hey @lilmamabebe3 How are you feeling today? I can imagine it's really hard for you HG Mamas to be coming online to check in and post. Hopefully some more will post in here soon. That iced cappuccino sounds incredible by the way!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • I am not officially diagnosed with HG, because my bevy of nausea meds are working to contain my MS. But I'm sending you hugs! It is not easy to deal with. Saturday I was out of zofran and threw up 12 times after 4 o'clock. 

It sounds like you're doing a really good job on the hydration front! My docs say the more dehydrated you are the worse your condition of nausea/vomiting gets (seems counterintuitive!).
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @suzycupcake and @WinchesterGirl thanks! I wish I could take Zofran but the risk is too high for me, so I can't. I have been taking Diclegis every night but it's not doing much. I have had a few good days recently. Olive juice, blue doritos, and werther's candies seem to help settle my stomach enough to drink some pedialyte. I have been having a lot of popsicles too. Right now the biggest hurdle is hydration. I went into the ER again last night for fluids and feel better this morning. 

I hope my meeting with HR goes well and I get some accommodations to get through the beginning. If I am the only one checking in, I won't post this again. Don't want an entire check in thread to be just about me!
  • Anyone else getting sick in the middle of the night?  It’s been hitting me so bad around 2am and the nausea lasts through the day.  

• I've found Diclegis to be pretty worthless, and I'm sorry for that.  I also don't take Zofran, so I understand. 

I hope your meeting goes well!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker