September 2019 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (1/10)

What sounds good?  What makes you wanna gag?  What are you munching on to keep the nausea at bay?

little shop of horrors pizza GIF

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (1/10)

• ooh I like this one - 
    So far today (I've been up for a while lol): 1 egg, 2 slices of chicken bacon in a tortilla. ! apple with a ton of pb! and currently eating a cracker barrel pepper jack cheese stick, broken up and with saltines. My new rule is to snack before getting hungry, otherwise I get dizzy/feel like my blood sugar is low. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin is chicken bacon like turkey bacon, just... chicken?  LOL, I've just never heard of it and it sounds intriguing!
    Nothing sounds terrible for me yet, but nothing really sounds good either.  Just general food apathy which makes me sad, since generally my day revolves around eating  :D  I've got a chobani and some grapes for breakfast and didn't bring a lunch so will probably make a Panera run!  Mmm Panera.
  • Loading the player...
  • @RedBreast35 chicken bacon! They sell it at whole foods and it is microwavable. I've realize my downfall is not enough carbs! so I need to be better about that.
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I have been eating a sandwich every morning after walking on the treadmill: wheat toast, 1/2 an avocado, sliced tomato, one piece of pepperjack cheese! I am in love  <3<3  I haven't been to nauseas yet; a bit queasy here & there & some dizziness, but the diet ginger ale keeps it at bay.
  • @RedBreast35 Ooh, Panera sounds good!

I haven't had any weird food cravings/ aversions/ nausea yet, so I've been eating about the same as I normally do. I've really been in the mood for burgers and steak but that's something I typically enjoy (I don't think it's the hormones talking just yet). We leave for Charleston on Saturday for a long weekend and have reservations at a bunch of our favorite restaurants - I hope the morning sickness doesn't hit until we return!
  • No nausea yet, but sweets sound gross. I just switched to half caffeine kcups too. Eating lots of salads and soup. 
  • No nausea here either yet. It's still a little early. I'm trying to enjoy this time while I still feel good. The last two times, it hit right at 6wks. 
    Trying to eat healthy! I didn't do great with the other two.  
  • Oh man, the nausea, bloating and werewolf-like sense of smell made eating very unenjoyable in the past few weeks. I felt so upset I couldn't and didn't want to eat!

I got a blender recently and started making smoothies to help with appetite. But for today I've only been sipping at my orange mango smoothie!
  • I have been suffering mostly from bloating, and trying to drink enough water each day isn't helping!

I'm having an egg every morning, though after reading what @omg1108 is having, I think I might add half an avocado to that. That's been my only consistent thing--I am normally not big on breakfast, but I am going to try really hard to eat quickly after I get up each day. I also have some quail eggs in the fridge, so I might add one of those every other day. One big egg & one quail egg & one half avo sounds like a good breakfast to me!

I'm also trying to get in my 2-3 servings of fish/week, as recommended, since I don't often eat meat products at all (unless you count fish as meat.) I'm at 2 so far for this week. I am going to have to try to figure out how to portion fish right so that I am not wasting it--I think I bought too much at the grocery store yesterday considering I had already had one portion this week when we were traveling. DH isn't big on leftovers, so I can't count on him to eat them if we don't finish what I bought tonight. I am also going to have to try to figure out when I'll go shopping, as we prefer fresh over frozen fish, so I'll have to buy it the day of/day before I cook it. I've never been big on meal planning, but it sounds like I will have to start!
  • I was still hungry after my lunch of leftover Pot Roast so I went upstairs to get a snack. There is a ton of leftover food for a meeting taking place so I just had second lunch of Penne Vodka and Chicken Parm  :p
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I felt pretty good about starting the morning out w/ scrambled eggs and an orange, but I just polished off two grilled cheese sandwiches and 4 mini dill pickles. Now I feel sick and I don’t think I can blame it on morning sickness. 🤦‍♀️ 
  • I have been pretty much keeping the same diet as before I found out I was pregnant.  I always make one of the Kelly Leveque Fab 4 smoothies for breakfast during the week.  This keeps me full for 4 hours or so which I love.  It always includes protein, fiber, a healthy fat, greens (sometimes I do skip the greens for a sweeter version!) and often fruit for different flavors.  I highly recommend these shakes!  She just had a baby and looked amazing right after, definitely my inspiration for staying healthy throughout!
  • @omg1108 Mmmm that sounds amazing. I might have to make one of those this week. 

I haven't had much nausea or anything yet. But I'm craving everything buffalo. Like buffalo sauce, not like the animal. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'd love to try and stay accountable with what I'm eating. Last time I gained 60 pounds, but I swear it was 90% water weight because I was back below my pre pregnancy weight within 6 weeks. I didn't even eat poorly or "eat for two" its just how my body responded. Hoping that is not the case again! 

I've been sticking to same diet/routine as before pregnancy, minus the sushi, wine, deli meat subs, and excess coffee that I love. 

Breakfast - English muffin with peanut butter or Cottage cheese & fruit. Weekends maybe I splurge on french toast one morning. 
    Lunch - Salad or veggie fit bowl (think lots of veggies & a protein, today's was grilled chicken) 
    Dinner - Whatever my husband is cooking! Usually a protein, starch & a vegetable. 

My cheat (pregnant!) is a late night snack - Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheerios - they are amazing. 

I try to snack on things during the day like pre portioned cheese & fruit, Kashi bars, bananas, cottage cheese. 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @mamamommymom lolz that was me last night eating some fried catfish DH made up for dinner. i was like "i'm pregnant, so i am hungry, so i am going to house this and the kale/kashi side I made," but then i was like "wait. not THAT PG yet, *grooann* tooooomuch"

@MsBeachNJ i've been snacking on pumpkin seeds & goji berries 

I bought these high protein Chilly Cow brand frozen chocolate dessert bars! looking forward to one of those tonight after dinner & I can feel good about eating it since I'm concerned about my protein intake. 
  • @flowerintherain buffalo anything is amazing! I always crave it. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @flowerintherain @zuuls_mom we have these flat pretzel chips in the grocery store and they have buffalo flavor and they are AMAZING!! Maybe they are in your stores too. I love dipping them in French onion dip 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I was 100% off the rails today, but I did eat a balanced salad with protein and good fats today. And also a lot of munchkins. Usually my day consists of a cheese stick in the morning, maybe a bagel if I am adventurous and splurging. On the weekends I do an egg scramble with left over veggies and cheese. Lunch during the week is salad with veggies, avocado, and grilled chicken. Dinner is usually a protein + veggie. Last night I made Italian sausage with ratatouille. I think I’m going to have to start eating second breakfast when I get to work in the morning. Getting hangry. I had bariatric surgery so my food intake is a bit different than others but I think I’ll be okay. 
  • @chichiphin does it taste like chicken or bacon? I too am intrigued! Bacon is one of my guilty pleasures. 

I'm sooo hungry all day and all night long. I'm trying to stick to my pre-pregnancy diet and snack on fruits, vegetables and string cheese when I get hangry (which is about 2-3 snacks a day). My typical diet includes:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal
    Lunch: Salad
    Dinner: protein & veggie, +/- carb 

I'm hoping that the calories of my extra snacks balance out with the glass of wine I'm no longer having with dinner and I don't gain too much weight yet. 

• I've been eating french toast a lot, and would probably make it for dinner tonight except we're running low on eggs.
  • I just had some peanut butter cookies and cream ice cream mmmmm 🤤 wasn’t necessarily due to pregnancy, but it was delicious none the less ;)
  • With morning sickness, I have to start every morning with a ginger beer (non-alcoholic obv). I'll also eat either a bowl of oatmeal + raspberries + almonds slices, or greek yogurt + granola topping. Until I get those first few nibbles in I feel like something is trying to claw its way out of my stomach. Actually usually feel that way from about 11pm until I eat breakfast.

I get free lunch at work and it's always healthy since I work at a healthcare-related company. I usually grab the 3 daily veggie options, whatever the vegetarian protein is (tofu, beans), and a leafy green salad.

Try to get a small snack in the afternoon - apple, some nuts, string cheese. Today I was a little late in getting my snack. I was so exhausted that when I finally grabbed my snack I got a couple bites in, and then put it down while thinking "i'm too tired to chew."

Usually some sort of veggie entree for dinner. Tonight it was roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli with a miso sauce on rice.

I need to find a better way to work in iron and protein. I had a problem with anemia in the past. I take B12 supplements now, but iron demands are higher in pregnancy so I'll definitely be asking my doc about that when I go in. Trying to eat fish when we go out, since I don't like to cook it at home (and my husband won't eat it anyway).
  • @bostonlady-2 it is 100% a poor substitute for real bacon lol I only do it bc it is less sodium and bad fats. It does have a smoky flavor tho 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @bostonlady-2 I am hoping for the same result (re swapping wine calories for food calories!!) ;) 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • I didn't have time to make my favorite breakfast sandwich this morning & I ran out of pepperjack anyway; so, I stopped at Subway & got an egg white flatbread with cheese, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, with chipotle sauce. YUMMMMM! I highly recommend this. :)
  • Finally got to ask my doc about the dizziness and eating and he told me to eat around 300 calories every 2-3 hrs, and try to do carbs and protein for each 😳 so I gotta rethink my snacks before heading to the grocery this weekend 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Well I definitely used the "I'm pregnant" excuse to order french fries tonight instead of salad, it's never too early for that right?! 😜
  • I’ve been having a craving for something specific for dinner every night! Before pregnancy I ate super healthy, counted macros, the whole 9. Now I’m just eating instinctively and trying to be as healthy as possible. I’ve been doing my normal breakfast (oatmeal with pb, almond milk and blueberries) and normal lunch (big protein packed salad or a protein with veggies and either sweet potatoes or brown rice) but for dinner I’ve been allowing myself to give in to the craving. I figured if I keep consistent throughout the rest of the day and I’m not drinking over the weekends it’ll all balance out! Right!?😛
  • How much water is everyone getting in? I always drink a ton but this peeing every 5 mins thing is killing me! Yesterday I did about 130oz but I usually strive to just hit 100oz. Am I over doing it? Or somehow under doing it?
  • @chichiphin Thanks for sharing what your doc told you. I've been pretty dizzy too and very head nauseous. I'll try what he suggested :)
  • Yes @cee_moll I thought I peed alot before but this is getting ridiculous! I always have a water on me wherever I am so that helps keep me drinking.  I also shoot to drink 2 bottles when I work out as well!
  • @tacos-and-taquitos I’m envious of your free healthy lunches at work, what a perk! And your meal choices are #healthgoals. As for the iron, I’m always borderline anemic so I take MegaFoods brand tiny tablets of food-based iron called BloodBuilder, as well as a liquid iron called Floradix. Not sure if you’re familiar but you may want to look into them. 
  • AFM, it’s still so early that nothing’s changed w my eating yet. But I get vicious all-day pregnancy sickness so I’m bracing for it. In my last pregnancy the only thing that kept the nausea at bay was to keep eating all.the.time. I gained way too much weight, 13 pounds of which I’m still carrying. So trying to be very healthy about my nutrition choices this time. 
  • H is bringing me Freddy’s 😋 I’m going to enjoy food (especially meat) while I still can because I have a feeling things are going to get pretty miserable soon. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I waited too long to fix lunch today and got really dizzy. I grabbed a handful of swedish fish just to get a quick fix which wasnt the healthiest obviously. I had a fried Turkey sandwich and omg was it good.
  • @mommyshark13 that happens with me. I got some Panera though and I felt soooo happy and great after scarfing it down!! Now I need a nap lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18