August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/7/19

Mondays are rough.  As soon as I wake up I want to nap. 

What did everyone do this weekend??  We didn't do much just hung around the house. Got the dog groomed. Watched Moana. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/7/19

• Agreed on the Monday part. I just want it to be Tuesday already! 

I didn't do too much either: worked, did some laundry, saw Bird Box (wasn't super impressed).
  • I drove up with my brother to my cousin's engagement party. 8 hours in the car for 2 hours at the party. Things you do for family.

I did manage to avoid the sushi and the open bar without my family noticing (I think/hope).

Getting home at midnight is making this Monday extra rough. I am slowly nursing the one cup of coffee my OB lets me have.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am meeting with HR tomorrow to talk about accommodations while I have HG. And my boss' boss has made some pretty unfavorable (illegal) comments regarding working moms and pregnancy in the workplace so I want my pregnancy documented by HR before he knows. My entire team knows, but they have my back and won't tell him. My boss is pretty awesome and has been super flexible and a great buffer between the two of us, but he is leaving at the end of January and it's gonna be a looooong year. 

Otherwise I am just so tired and so grumpy and so unmotivated. I haven't been to therapy in weeks and I have an appointment Friday and am relieved to be able to spend some time just getting these complaints out. I have no patience and I am trying to be kind to everyone around me. I have been particularly annoyed with our nanny but it is mostly my fault and I need to lighten up a bit. Pregnancy hormones are a bitch though.

Also, I am so annoyed I have to wait until next Monday for an appointment. I feel like the last one to be seen by the doctor, even though that's probably dramatic. I have my intake, ultrasound, etc etc and I can't wait to get to it. I am so excited.
  • is it friday yet? yeah didnt think so lol. Got my flu shot on Friday so all day Saturday i was pretty much out of it, felt like junk. Sunday just did the usual errands in prep for the week. I did schedule my 12 week appt for Feb 1st so looking forward to that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • this monday is my first full week of work and i had such dread going into the week. But i have another US on Friday so hoping the week flys. This will be my last with the RE so getting excited. 
  • BeauxbatonBeauxbaton member
    edited January 2019
    H and I have been trying to decide what we wanted to do for a bed for our daughter. Currently she is still in her converted crib. But we want her out of it well before #4 comes so that it's not like we are stealing it. I had been looking at metal platform frames so she would have room under it. But none of them were really what we wanted. So we decided we we're just going to build one. Then at lunch I had.the realization that we still have the loft bed we built for his little sister. So we already have a bed that we builtnjust taking up room in the garage. We just need to cut it down to size and make a few modifications!
  • Big letdown at my appointment today. They scheduled it wrong so no ultrasound. I have an appt with the MFM next Wednesday where they will do the ultrasound and a consult. But I have to drive 90 minutes each way for that and it'll burn almost a full day of PTO. So I was really annoyed about that! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• This weekend we started organizing clothes. All my stuff that won't fit for at least a year is piled up folded ready to get in a box for the garage .Maternity clothes are washed and put away. And we went through 80% of dd1s room so that is cleaner. 

The next few weeks will be lots of cleaning and organizing and purging. Then I'll start going through the baby stuff from the garage. 

• @sourlemon that sucks. sorry you didn't get to see the baby today. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I went to our downtown for a protest. Between walking to and from the bus, standing, and fighting the extreme wind, I. am. exhausted. I'm back at work and I just keep dreaming about getting up and going home to take a nap.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 what kind of protest?? I’ve never been a big activist but have mad respect for those that are!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @EmilyA724 what kind of protest?? I’ve never been a big activist but have mad respect for those that are!
    8 people have died in our county jail since July so it was a protest demanding change/accountability/reform 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am sharing a room on this trip and it has been a terrible decision. Lol. To add to it, she just told me she is not feeling well and thinks she is getting sick. I can’t get sick. I’m going to talk to the program coordinator to see if we can separate and get different rooms. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I am so tired I feel like a slug. But, simultaneously want to go through all of my baby clothes boxes to see if we have anything gender neutral. Slug mode won today. But I have high hopes for the weekend. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @AKuzReve did you get your own room?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• I haven't made it into lab yet. I'm feeling über overwhelmed by everything, and I just want to go back to bed. Feeling this way makes me feel weak and whiny, but on some level I recognize that it's my depression rearing its ugly head.
  • @deecherise at least you recognize what is going on. one foot in front of another.I hope tomorrow will be better
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• edited January 2019
    @EmilyA724 I loves me a good protest! There was a Trump/MAGA rally here back in November and I went to the protest that was organized as a result of the rally. It was super intense.

@olivemomma never too late to get your feet wet! I started getting into activism last year & now I’m on the leadership team of a local activist moms group. It’s super fulfilling!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Two things:

1. Is a thread about what's on all of our to-do lists overkill? I was just thinking tonight about the fact that we need to make our wills, check life insurance, and some other miscellaneous things. I know everyone will have thought of different to-dos.

2. Friendly reminder it's just about time to whip out the Bio-Oil for anyone who hasn't thought about that yet. The time to start is now,  before (even more) stretch marks show up! I did my first application tonight. 
  • @WinchesterGirl I think a to do list thread is a good idea! 

• @wabash15, she stayed at a friends place yesterday and didn’t come here. So I’ll see how she’s feeling today and then maybe switch. I want to switch purely to get away from her though haha. 

@deecherise, I commend all who has been working through this 1st tri. You are all amazing. I’ve been lucky because other than travelling, I’ve been off school since December 21. I don’t go back till February 5 when I’ll be 11 weeks. I have a course next week in South Africa but that’s about it. 

• @WinchesterGirl, I like the to-do list thread! Once I get home, I need to get organised and figure out what I need to do. 

Also you can use almond or jojoba oil instead of bio oil if you want. I regularly mix oil with location to keep my skin hydrated and it’s helpful! 

• So my husband came home with this yesterday.

If you can't tell from the photo it's about 4 and a half feet tall.

Someone was giving it away, and he says he has so many ideas of what to do with it, he just has to pick one.
  • deecherisedeecherise member
    edited January 2019
    @mrosek91 🤣🤣🤣

My dad used to do that frequently, and it drove my mom bananas. Who knows... maybe baby #3 is a boy and you guys can go with a cars/traffic theme. Worse comes to worse, you can use it for timeouts.
  • I don't know if it should go in randoms or somewhere else, but I think I need a "I'm having a freak out about having three children" thread  :D  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @peachy0709 I haven't had that freakout yet... Though this morning, as I was getting my two kids ready to get out the door by myself, I did feel momentarily overwhelmed at the thought of adding another little person in the morning chaos mix, buahaha.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mrosek91 Hopefully he doesn't see this and bring it home too:

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• mrosek91mrosek91 member
    edited January 2019
    @deecherise yes, he does do it quite frequently, but I think at this point I'm mostly resigned to it.
    @suzycupcake 😂 I think I'm safe his finds tend to be tech related.

He cannot park in our 2 car garage because his side of it is filled with random computer parts, random parts from cop cars that the PD was selling (lights, sound boards, etc.) and now a traffic light. He keeps claiming that when he has time to go through it all some of it will be useful, and the rest he'll be able to sell on ebay. I keep telling him it's fine, as long as my side of the garage is still parkable.

My sister also had the time out idea, but that thing would need several good power washes before I would let it in the house. We'll see....
  • We have a rotating bathroom cleaning schedule at work (#nonprofitlife). It's my week, and I just cannot bring myself to do it. I need to suck it up since I'm the boss, so leading by example and all that crap, but ugh. Non-pregnant, no big deal. Pregnant, just ugh. 
  • Anyone interested in an announcements thread? It’s one of my faves to lurk on other boards. We can post pics of social media announcements or gifts for family/friends, or just share stories of how we share the news!
  • @dogmomma096 Go for it! 
  • I watched a video my FB friend posted the other day and she was trying to get her daughter’s attention and she kept snapping her fingers at her! I don’t think I’ve even snapped my fingers at my dogs/cats, let alone my child. I never really thought about it until now but it rubbed me the wrong way.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
  • @MollyH1987 I haaaaate when people talk to their kids like dogs/snap their fingers/clap at them. It seriously makes me ragey. My sister and my SIL both say "good girl" to their daughters like they've done a trick, and I have the hardest time biting my tongue.
  • Haha I totally get that objection but my early FFFC is that sometimes when I’m on autopilot brain fog I will accidentally say “good boy!” to my daughter or husband because I’m so used to talking to my dog. Or call DD by the dog’s name lol. (I work from home and had the dog for 7 years before DD came along so we have spent a looot of time alone together) (his name is Cato hence my username) 
  • Lol @cato99 that's pretty different from what I'm talking about. My mom uses to mix my brother and I up when she was annoyed with us both and on autopilot--that's actually funny. No, I mean when my niece from my sister started walking...my sister kept saying good girl like she was a dog. And when my SIL was giving my other niece her first tastes of baby food, she did the same.
  • I read these comments before bed and had a dream where I was pretty much walking my cat through snaping at him. Thanks, all 😂
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AKuzReve You can definitely use any kind of oil you'd like! I used pure cocoa butter last time... it didn't do a thing!  :/ But, it never even occurred to me to start applying it until the first stretch mark had appeared. I've just personally had a ton of people say bio-oil actually works best, so I'm trying it out this time.