Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2019
    @firstivfoct2018 Yey! That will keep your mind at ease until beta. 

I still have a long road ahead of me, I haven't been to base u/s and labs yet.....Agh, I don't like waiting 

• @firstivfoct2018 I’m so excited for you!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @firstivfoct2018 Hmm. So my RE said I'm doing a natural cycle, yet everything you mentioned you are doing sounds like my protocol. (minus the ovulation trigger) Like spot on. I just got my prescriptions for Methylprednisolone, Doxycycline, and my Corinne should be coming in the mail soon. 

@italianmommy8 I am so sorry that you have to experience those awful migraines! 

Does anyone here also have MTHFR? I'm compound heterozygous. 
  • Hey @lwalsh87 that makes sense because I am also doing a natural cycle!  Except im
    not sure what Corinne is, is that a brand name for Estrace? Im also on endometrium 3x a day.  But I stopped the doxy and methyl the day of the transfer and just doing endo and estrace now.
  • @firstivfoct2018 Whoops! I meant Crinone. 

I don't know about you ladies but, I'm starting to get really nervous! I can't believe all of this is finally happening. Ideas for stress relief during this time? 
  • edited January 2019

I know I said I wouldn’t test again, but...Day 4 and day 6!

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend! The not stressing thing isn’t easy.

• @firstivfoct2018 I'm so happy for you <3 This is a strong line for day6. 
    @lwalsh87 Your transfer is in a week, right? It's getting closer :) 
    Don't know about stress, maybe just distracting yourself. But it's easier said than done :smiley:  
  • @firstivfoct2018 That's awesome! When is your beta?? My advice would be don't keep testing and drive yourself crazy, that is a beautiful line and will hopefully hold you over until beta!
    @lwalsh87 I find light exercise great for distraction & stress relief, positive thinking can also be quite helpful!

I went for scans yesterday and today - my lining is a liittle over 6 and triple striped and my largest follicle is 20.5mm, with ~12 follies over 10 mm. I am doing a stim cycle to try to get my lining looking good, I think they will probably have me trigger tonight and come in for transfer in one week (2 days to ovulate once trigger, then 5 days from then to transfer since we have a beautiful day 5 frostie waiting).

I am a little bummed that the lining did not get thicker, but it seems like the triple stripe is equally if not more important than thickness. I have had alot of monitored cycles at this point, and it seems like ~6 is my baseline so we are just hoping that my body is going to know what to do. I also feel good that I am going to ovulate, as opposed to an HRT cycle, so the corpus lutetium will hopefully help support things.  I am also going in for acupuncture tonight and will continue to heat my tummy up until transfer, take all my vitamins and drink red raspberry tea in hopes I can get it a bit thicker before the actual transfer in a week.

• @firstivfoct2018 so excited for you! That’s fabulous news!

AFM, I’ve been dealing with delays. When I had my last delay I consoled myself that at least it was going to be a Thursday transfer, which I feel superstitiously hopeful and sentimental about as that was the day of my only successful transfer. I know it really doesn’t alter but it still felt good. I also scheduled a 5-day snow vacation 4 days after my scheduled FET (waited to book until after I got my period and timing was confirmed), giving myself a few extra days just in case I needed an extra day or two, returning the evening before my beta would be scheduled. I  wanted to take my mind off the waiting after last time’s disaster, and avoid any timing that would mean I couldn’t try again right away if this one doesn’t work. So at Friday’s ultrasound my lining looked great at 10.8 so I was expecting to get a go ahead but instead they said my E2 was too low at 131. My RE wants it over 150. They wanted to wait a day and do new bloodwork to see if it’s rising, and make no changes. So disappointed to lose the Thursday transfer date but forging ahead and consoling myself that at least it’s still a potential September due date. Went in for Saturday bloodwork. The nurse that called said my levels actually dropped slightly and asked if I had added the vaginal Estrace the night before. No one had told me to add that, so I hadn’t. Now they want me to add that and come back in 2-3 days for more checks. I panic about my vacation so they say 2 days then, fingers crossed it goes up enough. I’m headed in to the clinic now and not feeling hopeful that an extra 2mg on top of the 6 I was already taking is going to make a big difference, especially as my old RE said he doesn’t like suppositories because not enough gets into the blood for him to tell what my levels are from blood work. My new clinic says they do show up in the blood. Even if I get the ok today, I’m sad about the date as two of my failed transfers have been Sundays, including the disastrous one last time. Im also sad because it’s now a potential October due date and now just 8 days before my own birthday (which I really don’t want to share with my own kid). Part of the reason my RE recommended medicated was to avoid the uncertainty and delays. I’m frustrated there wasn’t a mid-way monitoring appointment to make sure things were headed in the right direction and potentially change doses or delivery method sooner. 

• @firstivfoct2018 congrats!!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @ittybittybug-2 ugh that is so frustrating. I did my monitoring appointment late last month and after they said I wasn’t ready and needed to add the vaginal estrace on top of 3x orally each day. I have no idea why they do that, but sounds like it’s protocol. I wish the doctors & nurses would be more realistic in explaining how often FETs get delayed. I hope it works out with your vacation and I hope you keep making plans for fun stuff. Most girls in my support group find making plans and doing things helps them stay mentally healthy, even if it does mean some serious scheduling headaches.
  • @ittybittybug-2 delays can be so frustrating, but much better a few day delay than a cancellation of that cycle! And also much better a few day delay to make an optimum uterine environment. Also .. sharing a birthday with your baby sounds like a great problem to have.

I officially have my transfer set for next Monday 1/14! My doctor said that she is "thrilled" with the way my lining looks relative to previous cycles so that boosted my confidence. I am going to take Ovidrel tonight and estrace and PIO starting on Thursday as well, so hopefully the combination of those things will help fluff things up a bit
  • ***Lurking***
    @leilee101 YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • @dukie001 Yes, sometime next week. My lining is already at 8.5? I should be ovulating in the next few days :)
    @leilee101 What do you mean by the "triple stripe"?
  • Lurking

@leilee101 yaaaas!!  Hopefully it hangs in there for the next week!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @leilee101 In the grand scheme of having or not having a child, yes, sharing my birthday would be a good problem to have. But I don't have a birthday party or gathering for myself anymore, so cooking something I like for dinner for myself is usually the extent of the celebrating, maybe with a dessert I like. If I shared the day, that would be gone too. I don't mind sharing with anyone else, but sharing in my household would be hard. :P 

I apparently whined too soon, though. My E2 was over 800 (how does that happen in 2 days??) and the nurse coordinator said she got the go-ahead from my RE to have me take my first Endometrin immediately and do the transfer this coming Saturday instead of waiting until tomorrow to start the progesterone. So I'm back to a potential September due date, and won't have the transfer on my 'unlucky' day. And I I don't have to stress about my vacation plans. Yay! Sometimes things do work out!
  • Good morning!

@ittybittybug-2 so happy things are back on track for you!  AFM, I would have preferred an October due date actually due to school cut offs but I didn’t want to wait another cycle lol.

@leilee101 yay! I had read that soups with meat bones in them help build a good lining so I tried that I guess it didn’t hurt!

@dukie001 thanks!

thanks for all the encouragement! I was tempted to test again this am but I got to busy.  Beta is tomorrow (finally!!) so I think I will probably wait now. It’s even harder after a CP to wait patiently though for me.  Hoping for a big number tomorrow that would set me at better ease.

baby dust to all!
  • Thank you, lurkers ❤️❤️ @mayflower513 and @ndz2018 - love you ladies, hoping to join you on the other side very soon

@lwalsh87 a trilinear pattern aka “triple stripe” is when the uterine lining has three distinct layers. Alot of clinics prefer this prior to a transfer, and since my thickness is not ideal at least I have that going for me. 
    @firstivfoct2018 good luck tomorrow!! and girl you know I've been doing every old wive's tail to get that lining up to snuff - bone broth, rasberry leaf tea, acupuncture - you name it
  • Got clear (but still light) BFP yesterday and today (POAS). I cannot wait for Beta tomorrow. I’m so nervous!! DH is very guarded, afraid this will be a CP. Fingers crossed!

• @LauraJon2015 and @firstivfoct2018 Good luck to you tomorrow and skyrocketing betas :)
    @leilee101 That's great news, I'm so glad you finally got a go. FX for you.

AFM I had my base u/s and labs today. The nurse told me that I have good numbers and to start my meds. So I started Doxy and 0.05 Delestrogen. 
  • good luck today, @LauraJon2015 and @firstivfoct2018

@dukie001 Yay for getting the go ahead! Is this your first time using this protocol? 
  • HCG = 99.24 today. Testing again on Friday. 

• @dukie001 nice! I hope your meds treat you well with minimum side effects.
  • Congrats @LauraJon2015!! So excited for you!
    AFM, my beta came back at 248! I’m super happy because after my CP I really wanted a strong first number to feel confident.  Still anxious for Friday, let’s see those betas double up!
  • @LauraJon2015 Thank you! I actually feel more energized, but I know it is going to end as soon as I start PIO lol. 
    @LauraJon2015 and @firstivfoct2018 Great news! I'm truly happy for you  <3
    @leilee101I'm using the same protocol. Last time my body responded well to it and the numbers were right where they supposed to be, it's just the transfer ended with CP. So the doc decided that there is no reason to change anything. However, I hope this time the outcome will be positive FX. How are you? Three more days before the big day!
  • Sorry I haven’t been on in a few days. I’ve been sick with the flu the past few days. 

I went for my monitoring last Thursday and again this past Monday. On Monday, my lining was very thin for cycle day 14 around 4.57mm a stretch to 5mm and there was fluid again. It wasn’t much better on the scan on my stomach. I had 6 .10 estrogen patches too and my estrogen level was only 400. The doctor said that I won’t be starting the progesterone with sesame oil the next day and transfer that is scheduled on Sunday is postponed. No new date for transfer now until my next monitoring on Friday morning next to see what the lining shows. I pray and hope the fluid is gone and my lining gets thicker. If it is not, my cycle will likely be cancelled and schedule for surgery to do the hysterscopy with the scope to see what is wrong. Doctor thinks there might be scarring from past csection causing fluid and thin lining. 
    I want this so bad and hope I can tell you good news on Friday and have the transfer.
    The doctor said there is not anything else I can do but keep the 6 .10 estrogen patches on and see if it improves, she said this is the max amount allowed. I tried drinking promagrandite juice but it’s so bitter and horrible taste. 
  • @italianmommy8 - I’m sorry. That’s so frustrating and disappointing. FX for a good thick lining on Friday, and no fluid! On the flip side 400 is a good number for estrogen. Maybe not crazy high, but nice and strong. My RE looks for anything over 150, paired with a good lining.
  • Hi ladies! @LauraJon2015 and @firstivfoct2018 congrats!

Cycle day 11 for me and today started Estrace 2mg 1x day until Tuesday it goes up to 2x day and first lining check on 1/18. Excited this is becoming real. I had to cancel the last FET I had scheduled in September due to overwhelming stress in our family and wasn't in the right place in my head to do through it all.

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• congrats @LauraJon2015 and @firstivfoct2018 ... way to start this group off on a good note! 

@italianmommy8 so sorry this cycle is not going well so far. Coming off two cancelled cycles due to thin lining and fluid, know the frustration all too well and hope things turn around for you. Being sick probably isn't helping things, as it throws your whole body off whack so I hope you feel better soon. I drink the Pom juice mixed with seltzer so it's not as gross, I also recommend rasberry leaf tea and acupuncture if you haven't tried those yet. FX for tomorrow...

@knottienj good luck at your first lining check next week! Are you taking the estrace by mouth or the other way?

@dukie001 I am good! Starting PIO tonight and transfer on Monday. 

I got a little worried yesterday because my clinic wants me to start PIO tonight but since transfer is Monday it will only be 4 days of progesterone, even though I have a 5 day embryo on ice. I felt better this morning because I was able to confirm that I had ovulated yesterday by temping, so I am glad I have that natural process going on. The PIO will just be additional support - I might not even need it but since the more progesterone the better, bring it on.
  • Woohoo! My lining is at a 13 and I have a triple stripe. CD14 here. I usually ovulate between CD 15-19. My next appointment is on Saturday. 

@italianmommy8 Try drinking raspberry leaf as well. Maybe it'll work! It tastes much better then that POM juice
  • @LauraJon2015 how are you holding up? I’m nervous for my second beta tomorrow, this is where I got out last time.  But staying cautiously optimistic and hopeful! I’ll probably poas in the am before I go in...
  • Just got done with monitoring. Not good. Lining seems to be thinner than Monday. I have a fluid pocket by csection scar and fluid in the liking. Scanned me vaginally and abdomenally and the best is 5mm on 6 estrogen patches .1. I’ll get my blood work back this morning and nurse/dr will call. Likely won’t be able to continue this cycle and I’m sure doctor will schedule hysteroscopy next. So upsetting! I’m on cycle day 18, been on patches since cycle day 3.
  • So sorry @italianmommy8 that’s so frustrating.   Hopefully everything will work out for the best but I know it’s so hard to be patient in this process.
    Hope it’s going well @knottienj @leilee101 @lwalsh87 and @ittybittybug-2.
  • @firstivfoct2018 good luck on the second Beta today! Baby Dust!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• Beta 2: 739! Thank God.  I was freaking out all day because my nurse didn’t call until 2, and last time at this point that was for bad news.  Usually they call by 12.  So whew!
    Now we have to make a decision.  My in-laws have booked tickets for our family a few months ago (I have one older child) to go to Disney world on the 20th.  But now that the FET worked I’m really thinking to ask if we can reschedule for my second trimester or I’ll stay home.  Would you guys travel this early?

• Congrats @firstivfoct2018 I'm curious about travel when being pregnant also. My husband and I usually do at least one big trip a year. I feel like I would be to nervous to get on a plane. People do it though.

I'm so sorry @italianmommy8 Sending love!
  • Hello again ladies!

I've been MIA because I'm planning a baby shower for my best friend...she is having her first baby via IVF after dealing with infertility >1 year from a ruptured ectopic.

Today was my beta blood test and it was a negative.  I'm not surprised ...had a gut feeling it didn't work even though conditions were "perfect".  I'm obviously crushed....was hoping to be lucky this time around so I just need to take time to regroup and figure out if I need to take a mental break for a cycle or two.  We have 3 PGS embies left and 1 mosiac so we could try again when I'm emotionally up to it I guess.  I'm wishing the rest of you ladies the best of numbers and the best of luck! I hope to not have to see any of you hanging around here in the next couple of months!

Gonna start my happy hour on the early side  :#
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• @italianmommy8 That is so frustrating, hopefully, your labs come back really strong. Who knows maybe they will give you the green light. FX.
    @firstivfoct2018 Congrats! That is a good beta! 

I went in for u/s and labs again. The lining went from 2.9 to 5.3 and I forgot the estrogen numbers...dah..something around 200. I have 11 more days before the transfer, can't wait :) 
  • @italianmommy8 damn that sucks ... cancellations suck so much. They are better than wasting a precious embryo tho, that’s what I always needed to remind myself. 
    @firstivfoct2018 that’s awesome congrats! I know they say traveling is fine in the first two trimesters, but I’m so paranoid about everyone so don’t listen to what I think lol. I think you should be fine, check with your doc if you are really worried. 
    @dukie001 that’s a great increase in lining! Especially with 11 days to go. When is your next appt?
    @SwtAnana so sorry about the BFN. As much as we can mentally prepare ourselves, they always sting. Have yourself a stiff one tonight and I hope you can jump back into it soon. 4 banked embies is awesome!! Would you consider putting 2 back in?

my transfer is Monday at 10am! Please send me all the positive vibes you can, this is our last embie and I will be crushed if it doesn’t work.
  • Hey everyone, thanks so much for the positive vibes. I’m wishing you all success with your FET