April 2019 Moms

GTKY: What did you love in 2018?

What were your, say, top 5 moments, memories, and milestones of 2018? More than five is fine! Let’s hear it! 

Re: GTKY: What did you love in 2018?

• Loading the player...
  • 1) Finding out that we're having baby #2!

2) Had a nice family vacation this summer and I got to meet DH's family (MIL's foster siblings she grew up with and their kids, grandkids, etc.), most of whom I'd never met before.

3) DH, DD, and I spent our first full year in our own home. (We bought it in September 2017 and moved in a month later.)

4) We were contacted by DH's dad and family in the Netherlands. His dad left and moved back there when DH was 8 or 9 and they haven't had any sort of relationship in over 20 years, but they are now in the process of getting to know each other and restoring a little bit of that relationship. It's going to take time and lots of healing, but there's been so much progress there already. His aunts, uncles, and cousins there have also been in touch and are so excited to be a part of his life again, and they've even invited us to visit them in Holland. We'll probably take them up on that a few years down the road.

5) Finding out that our little one is a girl, even though we were originally told (and excited for) a boy. I'm very close to my 3 sisters and am excited to see the relationship develop between Eloise and Anneliese.
  • 1. Finally settling and being completely done with the car accident I was in when pregnant with DD. 

2. Deciding we were ready for #2 and getting pregnant. 

3. Working towards our goals and making headway in where/what we want to achieve. 

4. Landing my new permanent full time stress free job. 

5. Seeing DD grow and be super excited about her sister. Last night was she was sitting with me and actually got to feel and see her kick! 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chrissdee I especially love Anneliese with the Dutch connection :)
  • Celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. 

Took a few fun trips over the year: park city, ut; st. thomas, usvi; palm desert, ca; boston, ma... 

I’ve loved watching DD give softball a try & love it this fall!

& finally, Finding out I am pregnant with this surprise little love was quite the shock, but we are all pretty stoked about it— now that the shock has worn off 😆 
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • Accepting a new position in a school setting and using my skill set as well as giving me an opportunity to grow professionally.

Taking our little camper to Glacier National Park from MN for an extended camping trip/road trip. It was the first of many adventures in the camper. We are looking forward to bringing this baby to Asseteague in a few years! 

Our marriage. Through multiple losses and fertility treatments over the past 3 years, our relationship has gotten so strong! I am amazed at how we have grown together, especially in the past year.

Starting a daily mindfulness practice. It has kept me calm through this pregnancy and I have noticed personal growth in many areas.

This baby. We have been through so much to get here. I still have to pinch myself that this is real.
  • 1. getting pregnant

2. finding out its a girl

3. becoming full time at a company I love

4. Getting to do tons of fun house projects

5. Going to Disneyland!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• 1. Meeting my now fiancé in March 
    2. Vacation to the beach and Disney World in July
    3. Finding out this baby was a boy in October 
    4. Getting engaged in November
    5. Christmas this year was awesome 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • In no particular order...

1.  Going to Florida and then extending our vacation by a few more days so we could bring the kids to Disney
    2.  Finding out we were pregnant with our third
    3.  My SIL asking me to be her matron of honor 
    4.  Going to concerts with my sisters over the Summer. The last time we had all gone to a concert together was in the 80s for NKOTB.
    5.  Getting to travel a lot over the summer with my kids, sisters, and nieces/nephews to a variety of places - New Hampshire, NYC, and Washington DC.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic