August 2019 Moms

Plus size mom check in w/o 1/9

kterry1988kterry1988 member
edited January 2019 in August 2019 Moms
Am I crazy? Did I miss the original post?

Anywhos, if not, hows it going? Any other plus size mommies out there?

Re: Plus size mom check in w/o 1/9

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2019
    Hey @kterry1988 It hasn't been posted for Wednesday yet. Eta: Someone is assigned to post this one, but she hasn't logged on in like 4 or 5 days. Would you mind editing the title to include "w/o 1/9"? It is super helpful when people are trying to find the most recent one. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I'll go ahead and chime in since my BMI indicates that I'm "plus-sized," though I would be well-within "normal" if it weren't for my chest. Whatever, I love my size. Hi @kterry1988, I'm Kerry ... STM (through IF treatments), living in the Southern U.S., but originally from the northeast. I'll be 36 next month, so I've also been given another flattering designation: Elderly (AMA, Geriatric Pregnancy, take your pick). Full of snark, empty on libations. How are you doing/feeling/progressing? Anything exciting coming up in the near future that you're looking forward to?
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm definitely in the plus size category because I am big. I have dealt with being overweight forever, mostly due to insulin resistance issues and hypothyroidism. I think it's a huge irony that now that I am pregnant I have dropped 10 lbs from nausea/food aversions. -_- 
    We found out it was twins at our first US so I am feeling overwhelmed. I am not showing yet and I feel poopy about it because I definitely can feel something there but know no one will be able to tell for a long time because there is a lot of fat in the way :lol: I went ahead and bought a few maternity bottoms because I am starting to feel uncomfortable in my regular clothes. 
  • Congrats @drmrsthecounselor! I lost 15 lbs in my first trimester with my first child and still didn't noticeably show until closer to 30 weeks and even then only barely. Go for the maternity as soon as you can! It's so comfortable. I'd suggest grabbing a few at a bigger size for later. And with twins you really only "need" to gain 10-15 more lbs than with a singleton, so don't worry about weight ... Just keep up with that protein intake.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Hey gals! I was starting to think I was the only one here. 😅 I've always been a chunky butt, so I'm used to it. I'm a FTM, although fertility helped in my endeavors, the pregnancy was not the immediate result of them. Early last year they found a 45lb mass. All lab work showing inconclusive to what cancer and its stage. So basically my poor organs were being crushed. 😖 it was pretty crazy. Well low and behold the left ovary, which the one they thought they would have to be removed(which was salvageable and saved), was the one that got me preggo. Go lefty!! 

@MamaK225, how does all that make you feel? I hope your obgyns are encouraging! How are you progressing? I seem to progressing well, according to fertility baby was measuring exactly to what my calendar marked. My first obgyn appt is this wednesday.  🤗

@drmrsthecounselorI wish I could blame a thyroid/insulin issue. Definitely a lifetime of bad choices for me. But twins! Omg overwhelming, but really cool! Yeah... I hear a lot of girls lose weight at first. My nausea didnt stick around long, but do I have to pee! Like... a lot. Side note though... we are going to majorly preggo during the summer, so there are great summer dress options on Amazon. So keep that in mind. 
  • @kterry1988 I live in Florida and I work for the school system so I have off over the summer and am 100% planning on living in just underpants in June and July lol It's too hot for any clothes already, let alone when I'm 8 months pregnant!!