April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 1/7

Re: Randoms w/o 1/7

• I took a nap before work yesterday, and I'm tempted to do the same today but DS is begging for my attention.  With third trimester with him, I napped every day and it was the only way I could survive my evening shift.  This time, I already took a daily nap for most of first tri and now I'm hitting the exhaustion period again but with a 4 1/2 yo to boot.

There's probably a good reason he's been a daddy's boy lately but I'm just so tired after keeping up with the basic household stuff :frowning:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lyse01 Thank you for the reminder! I am always forgetting to do them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kangstadt I'm with you, I'm starting to feel exhausted again.  Last night I went to bed at 8:45 and I nap on weekends.  If I could swing naps during the work week I totally would. Trying to have family quality time, keep up with chores, work full time, and try to prepare for baby coming (plus you know growing said baby) is completely exhausting. I'm tired just thinking about it. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy, my toddler is so high energy all the time that even not pregnant I get tired by the end of the afternoon, haha.  And more props to you!  I only work part time and I'm struggling.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also, why did we volunteer to have our nephews for a sleepover on Saturday? I neeeeeeeeeeeed that time to sit around in my underwear and relax. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kangstadt how I feel right now makes me wonder how I'll juggle all of those things with middle of the night feedings.  I'm not sure which is more exhausting, being pregnant + toddler or a baby who doesn't sleep through the night + toddler. 
  • I told DH this morning how exhausted I was and he was like I’ll do chores this weekend so you can rest. 

Dude. If your doing chores do you know who’s going to be looking after DD? Me, that’s who. How is that restful? Also even if I wanted to nap she won’t let me, just stands beside the bed saying “mom mom mom” like in that episode of Family Guy. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • There is no way I can nap at our house if DD is awake. She has to be wherever I am and needs my undecided attention. Drives me crazy but then when she actually prefers DH (rarely) I get jealous and want her back lol 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @kosmo86 like four times ever, I've convinced DS to go in his room for quiet time while I can take a nap, but then I lay there paranoid that he's gonna somehow set his room on fire while I'm laying down.
  • I just had a meeting at work about our core values and there was break-out group work (the worst).  But I had to stand for over an hour and they didn't even have snacks.  I ended up being that annoying pregnant woman swaying and rubbing my belly.  My pelvis is killing me now.

One great thing about twins - built in playmate.  I can usually let them play together in a relatively safe area and nap.  At least 20ish minutes at a time.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kangstadt and @gollygeeitsamy I’m so with y’all on the exhaustion. I got up at 5:45 this morning to get some work done before my kiddo woke up, and now I’m barely functioning. And I plan to do it again tomorrow? But it’s the only way I can get anything done until daycare starts again (not until Monday. This long of a break is torture!) 
  • @kangstadt naps are super important at this point, I think. I’m definitely at about an hour of naptime a day, sometimes twice a day! The more I nap, the better my mood and my energy is usually up too. Don’t beat yourself up too much for being tired. We’re in the home stretch of growing little people! 
  • For the second time this week we’ve gotten an email about business dress for the following day. 

Like seriously? I barely have regular clothes that fit right now let alone nicer stuff. 

And do you know what’s going on tomorrow? Company lunch. Why the hell do we need to dress up for lunch? 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty can you get away with throwing a suit jacket over something more casual? I often do jeans + half decent top + suit jacket. Or casual dress + suit jacket. 
  • @professormama I do not own a suit jacket. And by the tone of this email jeans are a no no. Nor do I think I have any nicer tops that would currently fit. I haven’t needed much in the way of nicer clothes for my last several jobs. (And i really couldn’t find much that even fit after DD, I’m so funky shaped now) I have some dresses but most are not weather appropriate. Or require heels. My feet are already starting to swell, heels are a no no right now. 

And apparently we going somewhere fancy for lunch. Which doesn’t make any sense since we are a pretty chill company. 

I am super annoyed by this right now but I shouldn’t be cause free lunch. I’m already stressed hoping there will be something on the menu I can even eat. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty blah. That’s rough. Do you have a sweater you could throw over a summer dress or something? I’ve definitely had to get a little more creative getting dressed these days. I’ve got just 2 maternity dresses that fit now - a maternity t-shirt dress and a maternity tank dress - both of which I pair with bulky sweaters to make more “winter” ish. And boo high heels. Maybe boots or flats? 
  • @professormama Maybe. I might have a dress that works that I could pair with a cardigan. Most of my maternity dresses are shorter so definitely not going to work. I can probably pair something with flats but it means a day of tripping over my dress or holding it out of the way. It’s just super annoying. The whole 7 months I was a temp we never had to dress up but now it’s been 3 times in like 6 to 8 weeks. I was not prepared. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty can you call in with a medical appointment?
  • @thatbaintforbetty gooood luck. And after baby is born, buy yourself a suit jacket on sale. You can dress ANYTHING up with a suit jacket! You don’t even need the suit bottom, just the jacket. 

I already said it, but Im so obsessed with this Netflix tidying up show. I’m re-watching the whole series at this point. I always liked going to bed with a clean kitchen, but I Marie Kondo’d my kitchen just a bit the other day and it’s even better now.  
  • @lyse01 if I had known it was going to be such a hassle I would have opted out originally but they already took a head count for reservations and I’d feel bad ditching. Even if it mean I have to uncomfortablely dress up. 

@professormama I will look into a suit jacket, assuming I can find something that will fit my boobs (which is half the battle with normal clothes)!  Also I have been meaning to watch that show since I saw that it was on Netflix. I have her book on one of my Amazon wish lists. I have a feeling I should probably bite the bullet and hope it gives me the inspiration to clean out a bunch of stuff before we move. I know we need a serious de-cluttering. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty I’ve always loved decluttering and organizing. Like looooove it. My husband jokes that I’ll take something out of his hand, claim we don’t use it, and try to put it in give-away. Every time we’ve moved I’ve used it as an excuse to pair down. Now with this show I’m hoping I can convince my husband to get rid of even more. He did let go of a set of measuring cups tonight (we had 3). Progress! 
  • @MRDCle, I may complain, but I know I'm spoiled - DS played Legos by himself for two hours yesterday while I napped.  He really is a great kid, just squirrelly and needy sometimes (usually at night when I'm not home, thus the daddy time lately).  Totally feel you on the toddler unintentional guilt trips though.  Occasionally, I'll tell him "Mommy just wants a little space right now," and he breaks out with a "but I want to be with you mama," or an "I love you mama."

@gollygeeitsamy , oh my, yes... I'm terrified of newborn stage.  MOTN feedings will most likely be all on me too since DH will be working long hours and unless I pump specifically while I'm on maternity leave, he'll just assume I'm getting the baby cause I have the boobs.

@mermaidca, booo .  I would've complained or shot some serious side eye.  The pregnant lady should always get a chair!

@professormama, you're a hero.  I get up two days a week at 6:30am when my sis drops off my nephew, and I've been struggling hardcore lately with functioning after being up that early.  You're amazing mama!

@lilpotatomama, I know I always hated it when people would give unsolicited advice to me as a FTM, but take ALL OF THE NAPS while you can :smile:.  Enjoy them!  And I'll try not to mom-guilt myself too much over here.

@thatbaintforbetty, I hope you find something to wear (and to eat!).  That sounds super aggravating.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry, I’ve been missing for a couple weeks.  

Between work being crazy, my SIL’s wedding next weekend (finally!), my uncle being put on hospice, and planning a birthday party for my almost 3 year old I’m just mentally exhausted.  Also for the wedding I was informed I need to give a speech.  Ick!!  

2019 just hasn’t started off that great.

Since I’m on a roll with venting I was also supposed to have my yearly dermatology appointment today.  I get to the office only to find out my doctor no longer works there.  Um, some notification would have been nice!!??

Can I get a do over in February?  Haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Way to go @mermaidca !!!

Damn @tumblefluff I seriously hope things get better from here on out, that sounds super stressful. Bubble baths and ice cream to you! (if you are into those things) 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @mermaidca that’s amazing! Congrats!
    @professormama that show is so inspirational. There’re a few areas in my house that I definitely want to tackle in the next few weeks after watching it

i dragged my tired butt to yoga tonight, and my body feels so much happier 🧘‍♀️ 
  • I can’t get comfortable in bed. Also this is my second MOTN pee and it’s only 1:15 😭
  • @lyse01 I’ve been wide awake for an hour. So tired but can’t sleep. 
  • Having a sinus infection while pregnant is a sick joke! I just want to be able to breathe! 😭🤧
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @gollygeeitsamy I’ve officially given up on sleep. Nap time scheduled for immediately following my ultrasound this afternoon :)
  • @lyse01ditto! My oldest dd is having a dental procedure done this morning. I fully intended on taking a nap with her when we get back home. I’m already looking forward to it since obviously sleep isn’t happening now! 🙄
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @kyashley1227 if naptime doesn’t happen, we’re definitely making like 4 pots of coffee today.
  • Yay @mermaidca! Congrats!

@professormama I've been meaning to watch that show on Netflix, the group chat I have going with my college friends is blowing up about it the past week and now I hear it on here too. That's going to be my weekend binge I think.

Finally back after two days being away, happy to be home with DD and DH but ready for the weekend already. Anyone else dying during car rides? I had a 3 hour trip up and then a 3 hour trip back the next day and that second day I had a tennis ball in my back the whole way back and was almost in tears. I'm so ready for my chiropractor appointment next week but can't imagine having another 13 weeks of dealing with this back pain.

• @angelob88 girl, yes. Holiday travel had me all bent out of shape over back pain and DH totally didn’t get it. I’m hoping to avoid longer trips this spring.
  • @mermaidca - CONGRATS! I haven't been working out like I used to either. Before this pregnancy I worked out 4-6 days a week and I worked out most of the last pregnancy but I am officially down to NO exercise. I try once or twice a week but I just get winded so fast and hurt to quickly. 

@angelob88 - cars kill me too. its usually my butt though lol. After like 15 minutes I am super uncomfortable and after 30 its unbearable! 

• @kyashley1227 I had a sinus infection in October and it was THE WORST! I missed a whole week of work and couldn’t sleep more than about 12 minutes a night. Hope you got antibiotics from your doc and that you recover soon! I found Vic’s vaporub all up inside your nostrils helps a bit, as do lots of steamy showers and  chewing gum while trying to sleep to keep your mouth and throat moist.  Hang in there!
  • +1 for always having a toddler who has to be entertained. We have an open concept floor plan for a reason, so I can see you but not have to be with you every. single. moment. of. the. day. You just had Christmas kid, go play!

@lyse01 I woke up 3 times to pee last night. The last time was probably not necessary, but if I wake up too much when I'm rolling over, I usually get up because I don't want to pee the bed. *shrug*
  • @mermaidca Congrats! Do you have a favorite (non-pregnancy) activity? Lately I haven’t been consistent with the gym, but I’ve been taking a tai chi class and a water exercise class once a week. I’m the youngest person by like... 30 years in both, but at least they feel good :lol:

@professormama That show is so fun to watch! I’ve kind of accidentally followed her method for a few years now (yay, moving regularly and small city apartments), but I like how positive she is. I know I couldn’t have held back side eye on some of those junk piles...
  • @mrstmoose - SAME! we have a large open floor plan. I don't need to be directly next to you! Maybe thats part of the problem the whole "out of sight out of mind" thing