August 2019 Moms

All About Nurseries/Baby Rooms

We are already thinking about this and maybe you are too. Let's hear your ideas and see your inspirations for your baby's room! 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: All About Nurseries/Baby Rooms

• Loading the player...
  • We are planning on having baby in our room for a bit of time. There is like a "nook" in our room that we currently use as an office area. So we will be moving our office out of that area, and making that spot like a nursery for the baby. Then for our office stuff we will build like an "office wall" in front of our bed where our dresser currently is. I'm excited to change things up 
  • We will definitely do a safari theme as we love animals. I just have no idea where because we are living in furnished accommodations abroad as expats. But I’m sure we will figure it out. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• We have 6 kiddos and this will be number 7, so he/she will be in our room for quite a while. We currently have 2 boys rooms and 1 girls room, so we’ll figure out a plan once we know the sex of the baby. If it’s a girl, the room she’ll go into is already unicorn and narwhal themed. If it’s a boy, the room he’ll go into is real colored and isn’t really themed, just has some quality Hobby Lobby signage! 😂😍
  • When we decorated the nursery for Pickle we used bright colors. There's a turquoise accent wall with gold circle decals and lots of bright prints in the room. Nothing "matches" but it all kind of goes together. We'll move Pickle to the bigger second bedroom and leave the nursery mostly the same with a few small changes if we have a boy. The accent wall will stay the same but I may change the bedding and a few of the prints.
  • Woodland animals for DS. This one will have a crib in our room first and then (s)he'll combine with the guest room, so...probably not much in the way of "nursery decorating" :#

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• We're looking at buying a new house and moving in the fall of next year, so this poor baby will get nothing in the way of nursery prep. Our first will still be using the nursery and all the nursery stuff, so we'll probably just make room in our bedroom for a pack and play and let them share a closet/dresser/changing table, etc. 
  • I'm not exactly sure what we're doing.  This baby will be moving into what is currently our guest room/ workout room.  When we bought this house I wasn't working from home so it isn't quite ideal for a family of 4 anymore, but we want to stay here for a few more years.  I'm thinking of putting both a crib and a daybed (with trundle?)in the nursery so we still have something for guests that can eventually be my daughter's big girl bed in another year or two.  That way I can also have somewhere to sleep with the baby aside from the master because this one will be born during my husband's busiest few months of work.  I think it would be helpful if a couple nights a week I could sleep in the baby's room so he can be more rested.  As far as theme, I'm not sure about that yet either.  I think once we find out the sex, we'll figure it out. We had our daughter sleeping in our room with us for the first 7 months or so, and we plan to do the same with this one. I still liked having the nursery ready to go even though it wasn't used a ton in the beginning. 
  • @mkrel We kept our spare full bed in DD's room for exactly that when she was a baby. Guest bed when she was still in our room, then I used it when DH went back to work, which was great for getting her used to sleeping in her own room. DD is now sleeping in the full bed. We're planning to do it with LO's room this time too since right now it is also our guest/workout room.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl That's very helpful for FTMs! Any ideas as to what makes a kick butt nursing station?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @ash0625 we’re trying to move too hopefully before the baby is here in August. So much to do! 
  • @suzycupcake water bottles, snacks, phone charger, cozy blanket, nipple butter, more water bottles (nursing dehydrates you!), and extra burp clothes for spillage. 
  • @suzycupcake in addition to what @smmatt08 said, I'd add TV remotes, a place to keep your vitamins/potential pain meds right after delivery, a stack of nursing pads, and snacks specifically that can be eaten with one hand (for the first little while you'll likely have to keep one hand on baby to help with positioning). Also, your nursing pillow/s of choice. 

A basket to hold the little stuff would probably be a good idea! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Yes, definitely a basket or something so that it can be easily moved! Keep in mind if you’re nursing while recovering from major abdominal surgery, the nursery rocker may not be a feasible spot. I couldn’t get in and out of the glider in the nursery for at least a month.
  • Well, I'm making some headway on ideas. So far, I know that I want powder blue painted walls with one accent wall of education. Animals, colors, shapes, numbers, letters, etc. White wainscoating around the room only part of the way from the bottom. I want shelves somewhere for decor and I do want to frame his little embryo photo. 

Anyone else thinking up more ideas since last time?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Our nursery is earthy neutrals with lots of white. Mid-century I guess would be the most appropriate stylistic definition. Lots of MCM planters and fun plants. I'm having a modern wall hanging made for above the crib in some warm neutrals that says "You are my sunshine". 
  • @runningisrad girls totally think Dinosaurs rock! Gender neutral for sure

my almost 3 year old daughter loves dinosaurs more than anything else , her sister even got her a dinosaur necklace for Christmas 

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• @runningisrad girls totally think Dinosaurs rock! Gender neutral for sure

my almost 3 year old daughter loves dinosaurs more than anything else , her sister even got her a dinosaur necklace for Christmas 
    Random: My almost 4 year old DD declared she didn't like dinosaurs and that they're scary. It made me so sad. We've tried so hard to get her into them. But she loves outer space, so that's a win. For her birthday, we're redecorating her room with an outer space/rocket ship theme.

I'm leaning toward a woodland animal theme for this nursery. I am loving this bedding, so I would decorate around this maybe. 
    Navy and Orange Woodland Animal Nursery Idea  Customizable Crib Bedding Set  Carousel Designs 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not sure if we will still be in our current apartment or if we would have moved before LO arrives, but once we get a dedicated room for a nursery - I'd really like it to be Scandinavian in design. I'd love to have some Bemelmans inspired artwork as well. Would be appropriate for a boy or a girl as I like grey-tones and gender neutral colors as a scheme.
  • Our current nursery went with a Woodland/ National Park theme.  I found some cool reproduction Public Works posters of some of our favorite national parks and had them framed.  Otherwise we kept it pretty simple.  Looking forward to doing a big boy room for my son!  I have no idea what to do.  I would like to get a trundle bed for him and maybe stick with an outdoor theme.  
  • @oklahomak That sounds really cozy and beautiful. Plants are a great idea. More oxygen for baby. Thanks for the idea!

Today I was thinking that maybe the accent wall will be a light sand color. I'm leaning towards giraffes as a theme now, but I don't know. I've never been a theme person at all so this is tough. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Dd1s was pink and teal with monkeys. It's still mainly that way but the art has changed over time. I made some art that she still has up and loves. II want to redo it for her 5th birthday though.

Dd2s was star wars. I made most of the art to give it a girly touch. I love her room. 

While pregnant with dd2 I told DH that the next one will be foxes. So that's what we are doing. We painted the room a few months ago in preparation. I'll be making a lot of the art again.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @suzycupcake I love the idea of a giraffe theme! There is so much cute giraffe stuff out there!
    @sourlemon DD's room has a few foxes in the woodland theme. I got the set from Target's Cloud Island line. Her room is my favorite place to be!
  • @suzycupcake Thank you! I know it's a more "adult" ish nursery theme, but I figure the baby won't care for a while, so I'll decorate for me/to go with the rest of the house now and baby when he/she cares lol. 
    The giraffe theme sounds so cute, and there are so many possibilities with going for a neutral wall color!
  • @laurenmicheley I love that idea! There is a bar in the Carlyle Hotel here in NYC and all of the walls are covered in a big ol Bemelmans mural. Love it. 

Im in a one bedroom apartment for now but we need to move in September for my husband’s job. So after I deal with the stress of finding a new home and moving with a newborn, I will start piecing together my dream nursery 😂
  • I'm hoping to do a beige color on the walls and then use a projector to trace the artwork from the Road Dahl books on the walls. Think The BFG, Matilda, Fantastic Mr. Fox, James and the Giant Peach etc. Then not sure if we will keep the linens geometric or go with like...cute woodland animals or something. I have felt too overwhelmed to really plan too much lol

The room we will use is currently our game room/second guest room and I have a lot to clean out. It has a huge nice walk in closet that you currently can't walk into because it is so crowded with stuff. Hoping to tackle that maybe over my spring break in March. Haven't had much energy to do anything recently.
  • @sourlemon My DS1’s room is all Star Wars too! It was my husband’s project before DS was born and he did a great job. He painted the walls light blue and put glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. He bought this really awesome
    Baby Chewbacca picture and put up Star Wars decals and light sabers. We’re nerds here, haha.

Now with this one I want to wait until we know the sex to decide a theme. I’m thinking we will move my 2 year old to the bigger guest room and then make his old room the new nursery. Part of me is bummed to lose our guest room though and take down the Star Wars room. 

• I just bought a lamp and the bedding because they were on sale. My SIL is going to make the valances so I bought the fabric for that. We've decided on paint color (Sherwin Williams Embellished Blue) and we're still debating between painting ourselves and having someone do it. I need to call around for estimates. I know what furniture we're buying, I"m just tracking sales for now.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @moon1417 Scraping wallpaper is the actual worst. Hopefully it's at least the kind that pulls off in big sheets for you guys instead of little shreds! That theme sounds so cute. Have you picked a paint color?
  • @oklahomak When we bought the house, it was COVERED in wall paper. If I could never see another piece of wall paper again, it would be ideal.  I think the wall paper that is left is so old it should come off just by pulling it, but I know there will be some spots where it is STUCK on.  
    For paint - I'm think of a light green maybe like sage green but a little more rustic. Not entirely sure yet. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @sourlemon Oh my goodness! You should post pictures to motivate the rest of us, lol.