Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 1/7

2»

Re: TFAS w/o 1/7

• @shamrocandroll @keikilove - I think folks sometimes forget just how isolating those first few months with a newborn really are!  Its so bittersweet - I'm so glad I had time at home, but I also remember how lonely I felt, and how desparate I was for adult conversation.  I remember one night just running out of the house to go to Walmart so I could see anything non-baby for a bit.  And then I wet my pants (literally...had some bladder/bowel control issues for a few weeks after birth) and had to go home.   :#:#:#:#:#
  • @shamrocandroll, I think sometimes it is a necessary decision to bench yourself.  Tw after months of being medically benched from the chemo/molar pregnant, I benched myself after 1 month of being released.  Dd was having a lot of issues, I had been sick and lost like 50 lbs, mentally I was exhausted.  I got an iud to force myself to bench and got myself into a much better place.   Best of luck to you!

@stephanie123456 my son’s special Ed teacher recommends using broke crayons to work on pencil grip, since it is too difficult to fist them.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, I'm so late to the game this week. I intro'd myself a while back on this thread, but I have been suffering from hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA) and have not been cycling and have been pretty upset about it. However, I think that I *may* have ovulated? so I want to jump back in if that's ok. 

Month/Cycle: 1

WTO/TWW: i hope TWW

Ages of other child(ren): 15months

Thoughts about this cycle: I'm hoping this is my first cycle since the birth of my son. We stopped BF over 3 months ago and my period never came. 10 years ago I had HA (see above) and developed it again. 

Questions: I used to get ovulation pain. I never felt that this time, but my temperatures have correlated to O. But since I didn't feel it I trust it less. I would love a chart stalk if anyone has a spare min. I had to set an arbitrary last start date since i never resumed cycles postpartum. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: If I did in fact O I am going to be bragging that I have healed my body enough to start reproductive cycles again and I sure hope that's the case. 

GTKY: What feature or trait does your LO have that's completely different from both you and YH? like others, my son has basically the whitest hair ever. DH is a dirty blonde and I am a natural red. A toddler came up to him at the playground and grabbed his hair and goes 'Wooooo white! his hair is white!" haha

@Spartanrd4 I'msorry about your YH travel that adds so much stress to TTC.
    @jennifer_louise was your kiddo always not interested in eating? My 15 MO used to love food and now could basically do without it unless he can hold whatever it is and run around. Too busy to be bothered. 
    @holly321 may I ask after you lost 50lb, did you still cycle regularly, or would you know bc of your IUD-- once upon a time i had the paraguard so i did still ovulate.
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2
    tw

when I lost the weight, at least most of it, I was recovering from a malignant molar pregnancy, so for several months, my HCG was elevated, so I could not have a period.  Then I was given a depo shot, while getting the chemo out of my system, so that messed my cycles up.  With my IUD, it was paraguard so my cycles normalized.  I hope you O’ed!
  • @daisy0322 - See @flintstone-2 post. Maybe you have HA??
  • @keikilove Sorry I'm just getting back to you now.  DS was sick yesterday so I didn't get a chance to log in here.  Thank you for sharing your story with me, and I'm so sorry for your loss.  I will say there were parts of having a winter baby that I did love, but I feel like I just had a series of unfortunate events that made it way way harder than it should have been.  I'm sure we would figure something out to get through it if it does happen, but I just don't know if I can get to the point of feeling okay about trying for it.  I'm feeling hopeful about my chart this cycle, so I guess we'll see what happens.  Also, thinking of you as you approach that really difficult milestone, and sending you creepy internet stranger hugs.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @marebear15 my OB checked my thyroid in October and I've had 2 or 3 normal cycles since my son so I kind of doubt it. I'd also expect to be symptomatic in other ways with a thyroid issue, But potentially who knows.
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited January 2019
    sorry I'm late to the party as usual...

Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 3/2

WTO/TWW: CD 60 positive OPK yesterday and today 

Ages of other child(ren): 16 months 

Thoughts about this cycle: it's a roller coaster for sure but with the deployment news I gotta stay serious. 

GTKY: What feature or trait does your LO have that's completely different from both you and YH? My little guy has the cutest dimples and hardly anyone in our families have them! 

On the new born stage: I had really bad post partum depression, a colicky baby and my hubby had a full time job working 59 hours a week and went to school full time. I had recently been disowned by my family for calling them out on being abusive when I was younger and I had never been so depressed. I don't think a lot of people realize how hard having a new born can be. I've found a lot of heal through helping my friends with newborns the way I wish someone helped me. I usually go to their house and bring dinner and clean and watch the baby whilevthe eat, shower, and nap as often as they want me to come!
  • @daisy0322 I can definitely relate to that, and referred to a lot of that in my post about benching myself earlier.  For a while, I said I'd never do it again, but it really was a relatively short time in the grand scheme of things, so that's what I tell myself to help with that anxiety.  Do you have the ability to hire someone to come help you?  I plan to continue to send DS to daycare 5 days/week to help ease that phase a bit.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Sorry for joining so late this week. I was sidelined with a bad cold last week and then ended up at urgent care with an ear infection over the weekend. 

Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 1/1

WTO/TWW: WTO CD 16

Ages of other child(ren): 17 months 

Thoughts about this cycle: Based on my temps and the opks getting increasingly darker, I'm expecting O today or tomorrow. Thankfully the antibiotics have killed of my cold and ear infection, so we've still been able to get some HIO in this week. When I got sick last week, I was worried that this would be a wasted cycle. 

GTKY: What feature or trait does your LO have that's completely different from both you and YH? H and I both have brown hair, but DD has super light blonde hair. H and I were both blonde as babies/toddlers and our hair turned brown gradually as we got older. I'm expecting the same thing for DD. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @shamrocandroll I'm actually really involved in therapy still and I started a small mom group as a support system I'm pretty confident that I will do better this time and I plan on calling my doc right away for lexapro if I feel like I need it at all. With my husband deploying he won't be in country for most if not all of the baby's first year. I work part time so my son is only in care about 6 days a month but I may just take the year off while my husband is gone so I can focus on my health and my kid(s). 
  • @daisy0322 there aren't any thyroid issues associated with HA it's actually the hypothalamus... so women with HA have low LH, FSH, Estrogen, etc. It's often misdiagnosed as PCOS because women with HA have multi-cystic ovaries, irregular menstrual cycles, etc. Really I have no symptoms of anything, I just don't get a period because my hypothalamus has told my body to shut down reproductive activity because it's over taxed due to exercise, weight, stress, etc. @marebear15
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 hmmm maybe I'm not ruling it out but since I just quit nursing my ob says it's normal to skip a cycle or two.