March 2019 Moms

Symptoms - January

Re: Symptoms - January

• You girls make me feeling better about back sleeping. I try to make a point of not doing it, but always end up on it! 

Acid reflux has killed me this week. Between no room left for baby and some days I feel like I'm about to choke from it. I think MH thinks I've become a basket case lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 Me too on the reflux. I mentioned it to my midwife at my last appointment and she said, “take the damn pills already. Life is too short” 🤣

I started taking the 75mg Zantac an hour before dinner 3 nights ago and I can actually lay down to sleep at night, instead of sleeping sitting up until midnight! Game changer! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, insomnia... woke up around 2am and I’m still wide awake an hour and a half later.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme I feel you! I’ve been up the last three nights between two and three. If I have to work the next day, and can’t take a nap, it makes me so miserable!! I know it’s supposed to help me get ready for nighttime feedings or whatever but its awful, and my husband is really over it too!!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed that sucks. I’m still on vacation until the 7th, so there is still a chance of a nap tomorrow and not being in my own bed probably has something to do with it, but it still sucks. I hope it doesn’t persist after I get back home and working.
  • I woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and as I was drifting back off to sleep I would suddenly wake up because it felt like my body was forgetting to breathe. I would have to take a big deep breathe and then try to go back to sleep, but it happened a couple of times in a row until I sat up, took some deep breaths, and repositioned myself. It was very weird!
  • @maggiemadeit I take Zantac too! In 1st tri I had to take it all the time, then it let up and I got lazy....so now paying for it! LOL
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @purpleteacher82 That would freak me out, yikes. I guess baby is taking up more and more room, leaving less room for our lungs to expand 😅. Reassuring that our bodies will alert us so that we can reposition as you did. 
  • Add me to the club of people who can't turn over at night without waking up.... and putting some effort in lol. Fortunately I am still able to get to sleep pretty easily, but I wake up so often with either needing to pee, or needing to reposition because some part of me has gotten uncomfortable.  I may start trying out some propped-up back sleeping, since y'all have made me feel better about that, because clearly I was not made to sleep on my sides all night.

I've been dealing with occasional sciatica and other nerve pain since 2nd tri but it has picked up in the last few weeks. It seems like as long as I'm careful to reposition often and not sit on too-soft furniture for too long, I'm okay. Just in the last few days though, I've started having more regular old achy hips and back, and some pain/pressure at the very bottom of my pubic bone. That seems to come and go... I'm hoping it stays away most of the time because it's super distracting when it happens!
  • Has anyone else started leaking yet? I’m not due until the end of March, but I’ve already leaked. It’s mostly just occasional drops, but it’s been happening since before Christmas. I’m not worried, my OB said it was nothing to worry about. Just wondering how/if others are dealing with this. I hate wearing a bra at night, so I’ve started sticking the disposable nursing pads to my pjs, just in case. 
  • @jesiannv I haven't seen liquid drops but I often have dried colostrum on my nipples. Pretty sure it's normal at this stage.
  • SPD pain - anyone have a successful way to address this? It’s hitting me hard today.
  • I've started having a lot of pressure just this week. I am back to work so I don't know if that is causing some issue, but I sit in a big comfy chair at work all day. But I can barely walk by the end of the day I'm so sore.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • mihaelams1mihaelams1 member
    edited January 2019
    @novelblessings I have the same issue. Even if I sit for 30 minutes I get very sore. I'm thinking of taking a pillow to work to put on the chair.
  • @lelkcot It’s bothering me, too. It felt WAY better when I was on Christmas vacation, but is much worse now that I’m home. From what I can deduce, going up and down stairs makes it worse (no stairs in our condo on vacation) and sitting all day at my desk makes it worse, too, versus moving around, laying, standing, sitting, swimming and all the variety of movement I had during the day while I was away. Also wearing comfy, flat shoes seems to help. I know from experience and research that any heel, no matter how low, can make pelvic pain worse and compromise your pelvic floor. 
  • Starting to get bad leg cramps / charlie horse type feels when sleeping. Any way to make them calm down?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @laur84ns thanks! mine definitely flared pretty badly after two day in a row at the office (after 3 weeks of working from home or being off). So I’m guessing I need to be careful about how I’m sitting at the office and ditch the heels... in flats today, and trying to be mindful of how I’m sitting, and doing some kegals and pelvic tilts in hopes that I can keep it from being a constant thing!
  • @kristimh80 try to avoid stretching your legs while pointing your toes. If you do or feel one coming on, flex your foot. Also make sure that you are well hydrated and are getting enough potassium and magnesium.
  • @mihaelams1 I have started to use some pillows from the couch in my office as support and it is only helping a little. I'm seriously considering buying a foot stool, maybe one with storage because at home with my feet up I don't tend to be as sore.
  • @meggyme Thanks! My PNV has both magneisum and potassium, but a good chance I probably need more! I'll see what the OB says Friday. I started chalking it up to getting "fat".It takes effort to end turn in bed now lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this: from time to time I have strong headaches to the sides of my head, only lasting 30 seconds max. Quite uncomfortable, but very short-lived. It's a recent symptom. Any idea?
  • Yes to so much of this! The back pain, insomnia, leg cramps, constant bathroom trips...I am with you guys! Lol. I feel like I am just so uncomfortable all the time. Plus, the crazy pregnancy dreams have came back full force (last night it was that I took too long to have the baby, so MH had to have the baby instead...lol). However, I do feel lucky as there's nothing out of the ordinary or that miserable, but as a FTM I had no idea all of this went down. Haha.
  • So last night i officially tossed and turned all night last night. I think that LO has gone through a 24 hour growth spurt bc i am officially belly uncomfortable. Its hard for me to turn over now either way that i move. My SO is already tired of me groaning to move around. I think this must be the time when i stopped sleeping in the bed and started sleeping on the couch when i was pregnant with DS, but i am fed up with fighting to get up and go to the bathroom, and i love my pregnancy pillow but it is almost a new hassle to contend with in the morning. 
  • @zionsmama85 Girl I have been having the same issue! We have a tempurpedic type bed that molds to you and its been so difficult to just roll over. The other night, I ended up sleeping in the guest room with a ton of pillows and propped up some, which helped. Then last night I did the couch and it was a lot better! So will be doing the dance between the two rooms now. I'm giving up on my own bed lol 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• So, this is a weird symptom and I’m guessing it’s not pregnancy related... I’ve been having a sharp pain just beneath my big toe on the ball of my foot when I walk or put any pressure on it. It’s gotten to the point where I’m walking differently to relieve the pressure. I haven’t been doing excessive exercise other than walking occasionally and the elliptical. I’m planning on asking my Midwife about it at tonight’s appointment, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?
  • @chocolatelemons I didn't have pain in my toes, but in my heels with DS - tingly and painful. I thought it was a foot issue so I went to the podiatrist, but he said it was more likely a pinched nerve in my lower back. The sciatic nerve can cause pain all the way down to your feet/toes, so maybe it could be a symptom of that being compressed?
  • @chocolatelemons I have foot pain (but the deep achey) type at the balls of my feet at the end of the day  particularly around the 4th toe area. I have been attributing it to extra weight and posture changes that I am not conscious of because of the belly. My husband got me a foot rolly massager because I have complained about it so much (I guess) and it's actually really nice!! 
  • @chocolatelemons I get plantar fasciitis but occasionally get random sharp pains in my feet when I’ve been on them too long. Make sure you’ve got good foot support and kick them up on a pillow or something elevated when you’re sitting/laying down. It might help the pain.
  • Anyone else's ears sore from sleeping on their side?  This is so bizarre to me and really painful.  Not pregnant I'm mostly a stomach /back sleeper but do occasionally sleep on my sides as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisee923 I wake up every morning with a lot of pressure in my ears ... I didn’t even think of being a pregnancy symptom. I use a Qtip which I know I shouldn’t but it does help release the pressure. I don’t feel it throughout the day. 
  • @ashley14598 oh man, thats strange, too.  Mine is my outer ears the actual cartilage is so sore and tender in the mornings.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisee923 could your pillow be too firm? I find I can’t tolerate uncomfortable chairs the same, like worn out airplane seats. I might not have even noticed the seat itself before but now it’s like “how many millions of butts have compressed this chair to let it get this uncomfortable?”
  • @chocolatelemons that's happened to me too. I also wake up every day with completely numb hands/ fingers so I thought it might be related to that, I'm going to ask my doc at my appt on Mon. 
    Plus one for back pain that feels like menstrual cramps. I told my doctor about it & he had me come in to double check that everything was ok (I was also experiencing pelvic pressure). I had an ultrasound and everything was fine though. May have been dehydrated. 

SaveSave
  • @flyingmombula The numb hands and fingers may be carpal tunnel. I’ve been dealing with it since beginning of 2nd tri. Wearing wrist braces has helped at night. It’s definitely getting more annoying the further along I get though.
  • @purpleteacher82 I googled and that's kind of what I was thinking. It's definitely super annoying but I bet my doctor will say to just wait it out, he's a poop.

SaveSave
  • @flyingmombula Yeah, there’s really not a whole lot you can do other than the wrist braces. Those help at night, but I still get numb, tingling hands doing certain things during the day. (Like right now when I am typing on my phone. 😆) It should resolve itself after LO is born! 
  • @lisee923 yes! Ug. I primarily use my snoogle which is pretty firm compared to my normal pillows. Ready to go back to my normal back sleeping!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • AprSnow59AprSnow59 member
    edited January 2019
    I know this has been discussed before, but... Heartburn. Tums are safe, right? Is there a Max number I can take in a day?

Edited to add that I want to eat them like candy. I'm so uncomfortable!
  • @flyingmombula I have the tingling hands too and my right hand is always swollen and puffy looking. Asked my provider yesterday about it and she said carpal tunnel. She said I just retian fluids and it puts pressure on those areas in the wrist. 
  • @flyingmombula I asked my doctor about the pain in my foot and she said it may or me not be pregnancy related. She recommended I go to my PCP, but did say it could be a pinched nerve. To me, it feels more like an injury. 

I had some numbness during my first pregnancy. It went away after my son was born.