September 2019 Moms

Randoms, week of Jan. 6

I know today’s the 5th, but it’s still pretty slow around here, so hopefully no one minds the extra day 😜
So what’s happening, ladies? 

Re: Randoms, week of Jan. 6

• MH and I are in an epic battle over our current vehicle situation. I’m about to spend the morning at the dealership to trade in my subaru (long story) and he is DYING to get a Tesla but a) they are way too pricy b) I’m an old curmudgeon who doesn’t trust fully electric cars lol 

but now I keep bullying him that he’ll need some “dad” car like another Subaru or a Honda. 😈
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichipin what kind of Subaru do you have? My lease on my car is up in a few months and I think want to get a Subaru Forester. 
    Tesla has absolutely taken off around here!  It’s crazy- I see several every morning on my way into work. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @RedBreast35 I have a 2015 forester premium, so one up from base model. I love the space and it is one of the best SUVs for safety and gas mileage (regular unleaded too) - my moms forester saved her life when she was t-boned on the highway. I’m considering upgrading to the 2019 forester but am also going to test out the Outback. I don’t feel the need to go up any higher than one step above base tho - unless you need/want leather interior! 

Every time we see a tesla (which is a lot) MH mentions it 🙄
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichipin Nice! If you don’t mind, lmk what you think of the Outback vs. Forester! And hells to the no on needing/wanting leather! 
  • @chichiphin it sounds like we are in a similar situation. We decided to upgrade my car a little over a year ago to the 2018 Forester. (I absolutely love it! And the 2019 got some great interface upgrades in the entertainment console, so be sure to check out both models if you're considering the upgrade)

Anyway, my caveat was that we would need to wait a couple years before upgrading his car... Fast forward a year and he can't stop talking about the Tesla/ complaining about his manual transmission in traffic 😂🤣

It's definitely not the best time for us to switch, especially with ya know... an upcoming new addition lol. Good luck with the convincing
  • @chichiphin I drive an Equinox personally, which I really love, but my family is a "Chevy family," which I don't really get except it's like--I don't want to get any other phone but the iPhone bc I just "know" it. (Though DH isn't loyal to any specific car make, really, just--whatever pick-up he can get that works best for his work.) & OMG a Tesla what. How impractical! But I think YH's insistence is amusing & I like that you flipped the convo to "dad cars" haha.

DH drives a Dodge pick-up, & he keeps talking about "upgrading" my Equinox even though I'm fine with it--but on our most recent long drive, our puppy chewed something plastic off part of the door. -_- soooo boo. I'm not sure if it would affect the trade-in value, and ultimately I like the car and don't want more debt/a higher monthly payment if we do trade it in.
  • Ended up with the forester sport 2019! The outback felt too cramped in the windshield. I like how open the forester is. Now to work on this Tesla idea.... I want nothing to do with it! Haha 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I'll ask this here - are there any thread/topic types that people want that aren't listed in the intro post?? Also please feel free to start communal threads. I really don't want to be "that bumpie" to starts literally every thread hahah
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I will let you know if i see/think of anymore that i think will be helpful as we continue this journey together! Also, don’t worry— i’ll be your “That Bumpie” partner in crime with the thread starting once I am not traveling so much.

We should be home tonite by ~8-9pm. We drove from NJ-TN yesterday & we are doing TN-LA (as in Louisiana) today, with 2 dogs in tow. Yesterday I felt great, just bored, but today I am crampy & TIRED & my boobs are killing me PLUS i am bored. Any ideas for fun things to do on a log car ride? It won’t be dark for 5-6 more hours. I can’t be on my phone long tho bc it makes me a little woozy hence my near-absence from TB (tho i just can’t stay away entirely.) Anyway, happy Tuesdayy, everyone! 
  • @zuuls_mom I've never been one to feel bad about eating, but I'm not gonna lie, feeding my (perhaps slightly increased) hunger lately has felt soooo goood & so guilt free! Enjoy every bite!