Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY 1/9

What do you do for a living?? I'm so curious what everyone's up to during the day (when we're not on TB :)

Re: GTKY 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • @galentine do you work at a public library or school/university library? I've heard some crazy stories about the things librariana have to deal with in public libraries! 
  • @galentine hahaha the hot dogs 🤣 I can’t even imagine trying to keep a straight face arguing with him. 
  • @galentine MH is a NP in an ER and your stories could probably rival some of his haha! Working with the public always has a great outcome! 

• sorarosesorarose member
    edited January 2019
    ruby696 said:
    I'm an attorney for the government. It's way more interesting than it sounds!
    @ruby696 Are you affected by the shutdown? 

• @sorarose No, I'm local government. MH works for the state and has been furloughed in the past, so I feel terrible for all the people not getting paid right now. It's not a good situation to be in. 
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited January 2019
    @lcking82 I love this! Are you ever like "holy sh!t those are some f-ed up cervical cells!" ?? 
  • @nomangos23:  YES.  All the time, believe it or not!  There are a lot of diagnoses out there that you just look at and say "F********K...."
  • Wow! Such an amazing variety of jobs! 

I work as a Certified Medical Assistant at on OB/Gyn office. 

However I would really like to get back into school for RN but I have also started looking into Surgical Technologist @daffodil_shoe how hard was it to go through the schooling?
  • @thatcma my school was really competitive, only accepting top 12 scores from the HESI. Only 8 of us graduated. It was a one year program so it was fast and super intense. I barely had time to work because school was basically a full time job. We had straight classes for the first 2.5 months, then 3 rounds of clinical with a class on top for the rest of the year. You don’t have to become certified, but you’re more likely to be hired as a CST vs just ST. And that exam was like 200+ difficult questions, but our instructor really prepped us for it.

But FYI, you will make more money as an RN. 
  • I am a reliability engineering manager.  Basically, break stuff (but in a much less exciting way than it sounds) and manage a team of lab technicians.  I also do lots of statistics.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @daffodil_shoe thank you for the info!
    PS: can someone help a "newbie" out and tell me how to spoiler box my siggy?