Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 1/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/9

• galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: opks, CM, cutting caffeine, HIO EOD

R/R: both a rant and a rave - I had a great workout yesterday, and I'm sore, but in a hurts so good kind of way. AND, I successfully had ZERO caffeine yesterday!!! I am woman, hear me roar!

CS/Q: nah 
  • @galentine way to go on no caffeine yesterday! Are you going to keep it up today? I think I am going to allow myself a cup of coffee on Friday (: 

Month/cycle: 8

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO EODish

R/R: two rants and a rave:
    1. Monday night after HIO, MH and I were taking about how we're getting close to the point where the statistics aren't our friend any more and may need some testing. MH said something along the lines of how it doesn't matter who has the "problem" because we're a team. I know he meant this to be comforting and supportive, but I read it as "This is your fault, but that's okay". I know this is just my TTC BSC so I'm not going to make a thing of it. But it's just as likely it's him as it is me! Altogether thankful I can vent to you ladies. 
    2. Yesterday I got asked to go on a work trip in just a few weeks and after consulting my Very Helpful Menstrual Spreadsheet, I saw that there's a decent chance I would my next FW. I really want to say no, and I think I can use the fact that it's such short notice as an excuse. But I'm bad at saying no! 
    3. Rave, just so as not to be a Johnny Raincloud: I got a +OPK last night and this morning so should O today or tomorrow!!

CS/Q: nah. 

• Loading the player...
  • @jennifer_louise, WELL. I forgot my water bottle at home, and now have nothing to drink at work. So I'm currently on cup 1 of coffee  :D I'm sorry your H's comment hit you in the feels, but glad you can vent to us! Hopefully this cycle is the one, and then you won't have to even worry about missing you FW next month!!
  • Lol @galentine better hydrate with coffee then!! The coffee thing is so hard to kick especially in the winter. Do you like decaf? I do, but I still try not to resort to that.
  • @jennifer_louise, I don't mind decaf, but they don't brew it at work. I have to take what I can get, LOL 😂
  • Where my other WTOers at?? We might have to rename today's WTO thread as the Jennifer Louise and Galentine Story.
  • Lol @galentine so true! I wonder how long we can keep this up until somebody else comments. 

Our coffee brewed at work is so bad it's not even tempting to me. 
  • @galentine congrats on making it through the day without caffeine yesterday! 

@jennifer_louise I’m sure your DH didn’t mean it like that at all. And he is right, it doesn’t matter who it is. My DH and I know it’s me, but we don’t say it’s anyone’s “problem” or “fault.” It just...exists...and we deal with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Nothing today, will start round two of Clomid on Friday for my LPD.

R/R: I had a 14 day luteal phase! I mean, I spotted 10DPO-14DPO, but it’s an improvement from 9-10 day luteal phases!

CS/Q: none
  • I’ll stick my head in!

Cycle:  6

CD:  25

WAYDTGKU:  Opk, bbt, inositol

R/R:  out of town starting tomorrow for quick work trip so today is work, work, work to prepare. I’m honestly a little nervous about air travel during this shut down - TSA, ATC etc

• @jennifer_louise Ugh. Travel during FW is the worst... What I usually do is come up with a reason I have to leave a certain day or get back a day earlier, etc, as I'm getting closer as I'm getting closer to my FW. So If my boss wants to travel the week of 1/14, and I'd due to o on Tuesday the 15th, I'll just mention to him that I have an appt (which is true, an appt with the bedsheets....) on the 14th in the afternoon so I can't leave until the morning of the 15. This doesn't work ALL the time but it works often enough to have saved 2 or 3 cycles from being benched!! 
  • @galentine You go girl! I'm thinking of switching to decaf to cut back on the caffeine. And same here, my work doesn't have any so I would need to bring it from home.

@jennifer_louise Oh no! Well that is something. I'm sorry that I'm not much help, other than to say that we are here for you whenever you need to rant! and YAY to + OPK.

@daffodil_shoe That's great about your LP!

@lcking82 Hope your work trip is safe, fun and successful!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, PNV, EPO, raspberry leaf tea, preseed, softcups

R/R: Had the worst tummy ache this morning. Not sure if it was IBS-related but it made me get into work later than usual. Also discovered that cruises don't allow pregnant women who are 24+ weeks along to board... well, my twin sister is dead set on going on a cruise at the end of June for her bachelorette party. So if I conceive this cycle, then I most definitely would be over the 24 weeks. If not, then if I was KU during the cruise, I would just need a doctor's note saying how far along I was and that it was safe to travel. I haven't mentioned this to my sister because (1) she wouldn't understand and (2) would most likely try to tell me I'm being selfish by trying to get KU knowing that I can't go on this cruise... I really don't want to go otherwise so this would be a good excuse for me, because I don't know any of the other girls and also it's SUPER expensive because of the time of year. Am I being selfish??

CS/Q: nope
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• kiki047kiki047 member
    edited January 2019
    Hi ladies. I missed you yesterday. Had a busy day at work, only made worse by my own procrastination. And I'm on track to have a similar day today. Go me! lol. Sorry in advance for spamming you, I'm feeling deprived after not being around much yesterday.

@galentine yay to making it through the day without caffeine AND getting a kick-ass workout in there! You can't see me but I'm doing a little wiggle dance in my seat for you. I'm also sitting here sipping my decaf espresso because someone left a bag of freshly ground, organic, dark roast coffee beans on the counter and it was all I could smell when I walked in the kitchen this morning.
    @jennifer_louise sorry YH's comment was kind of a kick in the gut for you. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way but I can understand you're sensitive to that. MF is the opposite, he wants to take all the blame for it but we already know we're both "below average". 
    @daffodil_shoe sorry for CD1 but yay for 14 day LP! That's a good sign!
    @lcking82 good luck prepping for your trip! 

*edited because words are hard and decaf coffee doesn't make my brain smarter.

Month/Cycle: 13/10

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/low carb diet, HIO, softcups, monitored natural cycle + TI 

R/R: No rants today, all raves. 
    1. MF is starting a really intensive (and expensive) Metabolic Reset weight loss program this week. We signed him up last night. I'll put the rest in a spoiler - TLDR: it's gonna suck but if it works it'll be life changing.
    He's hovering around the 280lb mark and is plagued with so many health problems, injuries, aches, and pains on a daily basis. He's been following a similar diet to me these last few months and while I'm down almost 30lbs, he's up 10. He's miserable and depressed. I really hope this works. It's going to be awful and boring but it's medically supervised by a naturopath and if it works he should lose 40-80lbs (!!) in 6-8 weeks. It's not quite keto but it's a similar concept - training the body to use its own fat stores as fuel instead of relying on food. He's been overweight basically since birth so he doesn't feel like it'll work but I know he can do it. 
    2. We're going to see Come From Away tomorrow and I'm sooo excited. Sept 11th is my birthday, so while it isn't really a happy celebration to share the date with 9/11, it also holds a special place in my heart. Visiting Ground Zero a few years ago was life changing, and haunts me to this day. We started watching the documentary last night and I cried like 5 times in the first half hour, but then again, I'm a complete sap. 
    3. The gift I ordered for MF on Etsy finally arrived and it is SO stinking cute. We don't exchange gifts for birthdays so I think I'll give it to him for Valentine's Day. 
    This was the listing I saw on Etsy. I asked her if she could customize it to make the people look like little pigs because our nicknames for each other are Piggy and Porky (lol). 

I also asked if she could use cherry blossoms, because we're Japanese. This is what she made. I almost cried, haha I love it. 

CS/Q: Good follie development. My RE wants me to start going for daily monitoring (instead of EOD) now that the biggest one is measuring around 14mm. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 what a sweet and thoughtful gift. I LOVE it. We missed you yesterday but understand that sometimes you have to do something other than TB. Also, that's very excited about YF! Yay! I can't wait to hear about the progress!
  • @kiki047 OMG those pictures are too cute! I think I've seen similar things on Pinterest and thought they were so adorable. That's such an awesome gift. YF is going to love it!

• @kiki047 I love that gift idea! So amazing

@galentine I'm looking to you for less caffeine and more exercise inspo 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, attempting SMEP, FF, CM

R/R: we went on a quick trip over the weekend and boarded our dogs and I picked them up and they smelled and were covered in dog pee. I asked the owner about it and she said she thought we were picking up the following day so she didn't bathe them. I ended up having to bathe both our dogs (who are wild and rambunctious) alone. Which totally messed up my whole bathroom. So I got to deep clean my bathroom unexpectedly late last night! 

CS/Q: my OPKs expired last month. At first I was like they are fine. Now I'm second guessing myself and I just bought new ones on Amazon. Thank goodness for same day shipping. Planning on using both for my own experiment and comparing. Anyone have experience with expired OPKs?
  • @kiki047 you are too cute. I hope the diet works for YF. I have only heard good things about Come From Away, enjoy! I was in middle school for 9/11 and I will absolutely never forget that day and even thinking about it now gives me the feels.

@nomangos23 thanks for the travel suggestions! I hope 1) I get KU this cycle so it won't matter (but seriously, lol) 2) I don't end up having to travel so it won't matter or 3) DH and I could sneak away from work for "private lunch" right before I leave or 4) I can shorten the trip as you suggest so it will only be one night away. Lots of good options (:

@stephanie123456 I def wouldn't bench yourself for your sister. (and hope that the inconvenience of actually getting KU this cycle jinxes it into happening! I do that mind game a lot) Honestly she seems a little high maintenance to me. 
  • @jennifer_louise - *hugs* that sounds like a tough discussion.  no way around it, most DH's just look at this whole process differently.  Exciting for your OPK tho!
    @daffodil_shoe yay for "normal" LP!
    @stephanie123456 - i would definitely bail out if pregnant to viability.  the last place you want to be with an issue or concern is the middle of the ocean!
    @kiki047 - that sounds very intense and fantastic.  My own DH dropped 50lb this fall and he's a new person.

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: waitin for crosshairs

R/R: we're supposed to get snow this weekend, which means that my sketchy tires which nearly got me into big trouble last snowstorm gotta go!  i hate choosing tires.

CS/Q: fx for CH tomorrow.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @stephanie123456 HECK NO you're not being selfish!! I understand not wanting to let your sister down (because she does sound like the type who would throw a big stink over your not being able to go) but you still have to live your life. It's not like you're saying you wouldn't go because you don't want to reschedule your pedicure or something. 
    @nomangos23 "appt with the bedsheets" :lol: I want to put that in our calendar now. "Thursday, 10:15-11p: Mandatory appt w/bedsheets" 
    @wanderlost ok I get that dogs will be dogs but EW that they would even reek of urine like that in the first place? What kind of boarding place was it?! Sorry you had to deal with that. On the bright side, yay for clean doggos and a clean bathroom? 
    @jennifer_louise MF always gives me the most adorable gifts and I'm not as creative as he is. When I saw the rock art I just couldn't resist! He makes me cry at Christmas every year with a personalized ornament for our tree, even though I know it's coming. // I was in grade 10 on 9/11 but stayed home with the flu. I remember my dad leaving for work in the morning, then coming home 20 mins later and waking me up. We saw on the edge of my bunk bed glued to the tiny little tv I had in my room. I remember that like it was yesterday. 
    @sevenn what did YH do to lose the weight? Was he miserable? lol. We love to eat so the idea of a restricted diet is killing MF but I keep telling him that the program is designed so he shouldn't have those cravings, it's just a matter of breaking the habit of reaching for food when he's bored or stressed. // FX for your CH soon! and GL with the snowstorm. I was thinking this morning that I'm a little sad we haven't had a lot of snow yet this year but I'm also celebrating because the ~2" we got last week was chaos on the roads. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @sevenn I'm getting new tires today too! Costco has their penny install and a good deal on some tires through the 1/13! I just realized last rain/slush storm that I need new tires also!
  • @kiki047 - DH started Qsymia (a weight loss medication rx by his PCP) and keto the same day.  Will the med you can titrate up in the dose as needed, but he never had to get off the lowest dose.  It suppresses appetite.  It does contain topamax which some people are sensitive to, but for DH it (and probably eating healthier) totally eliminated his migraines.  He lost 20lbs the first month and then the additional 30 over the next few months.  I think he's plateaued now and is at the point of needing to add exercise or go up on the med.  Definitely recommend it!!  He started at 235lbs.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @stephanie123456:  Not Selfish AT ALL.  If she makes a stink, then guess what - you can't plan when these things happen!!  Sorry, sistah!
  • @sevenn that's amazing! I feel like I need to inundate MF with success stories because he's totally freaking out now. I don't actually think it's that healthy to lose as much weight as this diet says you can in such a short time frame but we need to try something. His cholesterol is also through the roof. His dad had a heart attack 3 years ago at 56 (he was ok but had a triple bypass) and I'm terrified it'll happen to MF if he doesn't do something to improve his health Like, petrified. I can't even say it out loud and I burst into tears (which isn't saying much because I cry @ everything but it's my #1 fear, right up there with spiders and being buried alive). 

TTC History:

• aevans318aevans318 member
    edited January 2019
    New to the board and to The Bump so I'm chiming in!

Month/cycle: 2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, preseed

R/R: 1 rant, 1 rave
    Back at work after a two week vacation...talk about mental exhaustion
    If this month is the month for us, we'll find out around my DH's birthday! Not banking in anything but would be a fun bday present! Channeling all the TTGP vibes right now

CS/Q: nope
  • @stephanie123456 if you want to add to your family, don't put it off for other people's schedules. If you actually wanted to go on this vacation, sure, wait. Otherwise, just do what you need to do to plan your family.
  • @daffodil_shoe, I'm so sorry for CD 1!

@lcking82, good luck traveling during the shutdown. I don't even know how that works. Is there still TSA...?

@stephanie123456, you are absolutely not being selfish. I actually think you sister is being pretty selfish right now. You do not need to go on the cruise... pregnant or not! Hopefully you get knocked up this cycle and have a good excuse not to go. Otherwise, can you say you don't have money in your budget for the cruise? She can't really argue with that, right??

@kiki047, good luck to your F on the diet! It sounds really intense. I hope it works like magic so he will be around a long long time in his newly healthy body! Also, that gift is ADORABLE!

@wanderlost, OMG to your dogs being filthy when you picked them up. I always expect my dog to be muddy and stinky after being boarded, but I draw the line at being covered in pee. That's unsanitary and not acceptable. I would be so upset!

@sevenn, oooh new tires are so expensive. My condolences to your wallet. Worth it though.

@aevans318, HI! Welcome :)

@jennifer_louise, YGPM!

• @lcking82 I just got back from a trip last week and TSA is thankfully up and running. Enjoy your trip! 

@galentine thanks for the welcome - I’m happy to be here! 
  • @galentine Right back atcha! 

@lcking82 I was wondering about the TSA too, I think they have to report to work but aren't getting paid? 

@DAFFODIL_SHOE sorry to see you over here in WTO :(
  • @stephanie123456 just to reiterate what everyone else has said, you’re not being selfish at all. I’m actually appalled that your sister would even think that way but unfortunately we can’t always control other people. Hoping for this to be your cycle! 
  • Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the support. I texted one of the other bridesmaids who is organizing the bachelorette party and told her that DH and I can’t afford $700 for a weekend cruise on top of wedding attire, hotel for the wedding, bridal shower and other costs for her wedding. I also texted my sister that I wouldn’t be able to go and have not heard back from her yet.