August 2019 Moms

Spotting Support! ** TW **

Re: Spotting Support! ** TW **

• Glad to hear all is ok. =)
  • 9 weeks and 1 day today and the bleeding started. I called the nurses line and they said I should wait and see if it gets worse. I understand being so early that if something was happening theirs nothing that can be done but this seriously kills. It’s bright red and so far nothing on a pad, only when I wipe. 
    I have an ultrasound on Tuesday. I don’t think I’ll be able to wait this long. I’m preparing myself for the worse though since my last loss. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • @zamora_spin I'm glad you called! Did they tell you to stop the ASA? (I didn't start taking it as I was instructed to, because of spotting. But I am not diagnosed with any thromiotic conditions so it was just as a precaution on an unsubstantiated theory. Haven't been able to see my OB yet though. So I'm just curious what they advised you)
  • @kels0091 I’m so sorry ❤️ I hope that your bleeding stops quickly and your ultrasound on Tuesday is reassuring!!
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited January 2019
    @chillycanadian The nurse said I could stay on the aspirin and that my dr will assess on Monday - I happen to have an appt set-up already. Then she also said if I felt more comfortable I could stop it so - not super helpful on that front. I’m on it because of my MTHFR mutation and RPL. I read some studies a while back saying ASA’s increase the risk of SCH’s... but then also read a couple anecdotal things that they thin the clots and help resolve? Idk. 

eta - Obviously don’t know if I have an SCH it’s just my current guess based on my imaginary medical degree and ute goggles.
  • You're doing great @zamora_spin. I think it's wonderful that the Nurse was so supportive while you cried on the phone today with her. One day at a time. You're gonna get through this. 

@kels0091 I never got the chance to say that I am so sorry about your loss. I know how much you wanted that baby and I can understand why the wait is so scary for you. Hugs. We are with you and here for you <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @hope8119 and @kels0091 sorry to hear you are going through some scary stuff. Thinking of you both.
  • @suzycupcake thank you ❤️ This wait is just unbearable 
  • I have had no spotting what so ever. I have had cramping which makes me nervous. This is my first pregnancy and I just moved to a new state, so I have not established a doctor. Because of this, I have not talked to any doctor's until my 8 week ultrasound.
  • @naturelove35 no spotting with the cramping is a good sign. Cramping is common due to the uterus growing and stretching. Hopefully that's all that's going on with you! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• I haven't posted much as this past week has just been too much for me but now I just feel like I need to let this all out. 
    As of today I am 7 weeks and 3 days. TW* On Sunday, I started cramping followed by spotting. The cramping/bleeding was on and off for a couple of days and got worse on Thursday.  I had my pregnancy confirmation appointment with the nurse at my doctor's office on Friday.  Good news, the in office pregnancy test was positive.  Bad news because of cramping and spotting she had me go straight to the ER for further testing that they couldn't do in the office. 
    Bloodwork came back with lower HCG than what the Dr. expected.  ER doc told me that US showed an ectopic pregnancy.  Gynecology was called in and they told me that the US was inconclusive (couldn't see anything in the uterus and something on the right tube that couldn't be identified) and I might be miscarrying instead. The gynecologist said that this is probably not a viable pregnancy. end TW* I have now been referred to the early pregnancy assessment unit at the hospital for monitoring. Now I am just numb and don't know what to feel.
    Sorry for the long post, I just needed to get this all out.
  • Oh @mandyk6 I am sorry that this is happening. You can absolutely post your own thread if you want for more eyes and more support. I hope that they are taking good care of you and keeping you safe. Again, I am so sorry. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @mandyk6 I’m so sorry you are going through this. I hope you at least can get some further clarity soon. You are not alone. Please let us know what they say and how you are if you are up to it.
  • *lurking from June*
    @mandyk6 I am so sorry, I just wanted to reach out bc I experienced an ectopic pregnancy in Feb 2018. It can be a very scary thing, I’m glad you are being monitored closely, if you need anyone to talk to my inbox is always open.
  • @mandyk6 I'm SO sorry! My heart goes out to you. We are here if you need to talk!
  • @mandyk6 oh no!  I’m so sorry you’re going through this.  I had an ectopic in February of 2017.  Luckily they caught mine before I ruptured, but it’s now a fear I constantly have.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to talk. 
  • So sorry @mandyk6! I'm glad they are keeping a close eye and taking good care of you. Try to take it easy on yourself during this time. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • So I almost made it through 3 days without spotting. But now it's back. And heavier. I have a bad feeling. 2 nights in a row where I had MC nightmares. Maybe it was my subconscious trying to prepare me.
    I know there is nothing that can be done if that's the case. But I feel... Helpless and full of despair. This bites.
  • @chillycanadian Stranger hugs

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @mandyk6 I'm so sorry I'm glad you are being monitored. <3 will be thinking of you. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @chillycanadian so sorry. Pregnancy is such a mindfu*k hoping everything is okay and your intuition is off on this one.
  • @chillycanadian hang in there. The mucus plug can take up to 12 weeks to form so sometimes bleeding just happens. I’ve had two scary episodes myself....waiting to see on an u/s tomorrow if everything is ok (I was shocked that things were ok after the first episode). You aren’t alone! :hugs:
  • @mandyk6 I am so sorry for what you are going through, but glad they are monitoring you closely. PLease take care of yourself as best you can.

@chillycanadian I am so sorry your spotting is back. Thinking of you and sending support. 
  • @runningisrad also ask about running. When I had placenta previa with my last pregnancy I was told strictly no running or high impact exercise, along with no sex.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon I should probably change my Bump name... I haven’t run regularly in almost 3 years!!! 😂😂😂 thank you for thinking of that, though! 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @runningisrad I feel ya. I haven't really ran since before my 2yo was born. Tried some after she was born and ended up training for a half marathon just to end up walking it because I got stuck with a heart condition that could kill me for running. Fun stuff. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon Sorry  :'(

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @sourlemon oh no!! I’m sorry to hear that :( mine is a herniated disc & general crappy muscle weakness & pain. 😖

• Hi everyone, sorry to say it, but I'm still really struggling emotionally with the spotting. I did see the heartbeat last week, but today there was more discoloured mucus. Kind of driving myself mad with googling. The lady who did the scan said that the position of the placenta is good and that my fibroid is too small and remote to cause bleeding, and there is no subchorionic haematoma. No infection detected from swab either. I would have loved to have a reason, rather than just feeling constantly unsure.
    This is just so hard, I feel for all of you.
    I think all I can do is wait and see, and keep telling myself it's probably okay.

• edited January 2019
    @maybemaybemaybe I'm sorry you're still dealing with this! It is very mentally and emotionally hard. Just remember that you're not alone. Hugs!
  • @maybemaybemaybe Spotting is such a MF, even if you KNOW everything is ok, its so scary to see it. today you are pregnant. one foot in front of the other. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @maybemaybemaybe I'm sorry you are struggling. I agree it is troubling emotionally even if you've been told it's ok. We had a u/s on Monday that looked good and there was no reason for the spotting (which at one point briefly turned to bleeding) and now the spotting is back. It plain sucks. 
  • I’m sorry @maybemaybemaybe. Spotting sucks so bad!

• @maybemaybemaybe We are here with you <3 I'm sorry you're going through this. Your feelings are completely okay. God google is the worst. When is your next u/s?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @maybemaybemaybe spotting is so tough. It's ok to struggle. And it's ok that it hits us so hard. You are not alone! *hugs*
  • Started gushing bright red blood this morning. I am aware that I have a
    subchorionic hematoma from my first US. It is helpful to know that the bleeding is likely from that but I can’t help but panic and anticipate the worst. I had a MMC in September and I’m just feeling completely doomed right now. We are going in for a US at 4:15 this afternoon. 
  • @jmesue1030 Thinking about you!! So glad you are able to get in quickly for an ultrasound. I hope that the bleeding is just from your SCH and stops quickly! ❤️❤️❤️
  • @jmesue1030 That is so scary! Praying for you.