June 2019 Moms

Randoms Week of 1.7.18

If there were already randoms let me know and I'll change to a gif party. 

Re: Randoms Week of 1.7.18

• jhems776jhems776 member
    edited January 2019
    Neat video of how your body changes during pregnancy, poor bladder. 
    https://www.msichicago.org/fileadmin/assets/online_science/games/make_room/v2/mrfb.html 

• @jhems776 OMG and the poor intestine! No wonder pregnant ladies get constipated. How does anything move through that?
  • Loading the player...
  • @jhems776 wow thanks for posting that. It’s disturbing but kind of explains why my belly feels so full lol
  • Where is everyone?  Slow randoms day I guess.

I was so tired and went to sleep an hour early and now insomnia. Booo.
  • @jhems776 Are we the same person?  :D I also went to bed early and then found myself tossing and turning at 2am. I’m blaming the bathroom break, lol. Hope you were able to get back to sleep!
  • @Bababatty I got some more sleep but not really enough, maybe today is the day I try coffee again in months. Hope you got enough sleep!

• @jhems776 and when baby comes out and your uterus goes back to normal, your insides feel like jelly.  I found a belly binder to help a lot with that loose feeling.
  • @amaren-2 that sounds less than delightful. Whoa. 
  • @amaren-2 I’ve been seeing tons of ads on Facebook for things like that. They seem weird to wear, but I think I’d be willing to try anything that might help recovery.
  • I had a belly binder the hospital gave me, it was just a wrap with Velcro and it sucked! It took some else to put it on me so when I was by myself it didn't really do anything.  If I didn't have it on I was in pain in less than a block.  I'm going to buy a nice one this time. 
  • @jhems776 I just started drinking coffee again last week. I’m so excited I can finally drink some without being sick!

i also got the Velcro binder thing from the hospital last time around and I wasn’t crazy about it. I’m considering a nicer one this time around...does anyone have suggestions??
  • @jhems776 I did manage to go back to sleep, but it will probably be another early night for me. Did you end up drinking coffee?

@amaren-2, @jhems776, @tickledpink123 That sounds like some kind of torture device! Also, not looking forward to jelly innards. I’m already skeeved out that at some point i’ll be able to feel my uterus. 
  • @Bababatty lol you should be able to feel it now.
  • @Bababatty I didn't, chickened out haha. I had an appt this afternoon so I'm working the rest of the day from home. I may try to sneak in a power nap.
  • @amaren-2 LoL! I’m afraid to go looking (feeling?)! Clearly I’d be a bad doctor. I also really don’t know what I’m feeling for. I assume it feels different than my normal belly?

@jhems776 No shame in the nap! Right after I posted, I got super sleepy. How are there still 3 more hours?
  • amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited January 2019
    @Bababatty it isn't weird or disgusting. Push on your belly from your belly button and then go down. You should feel a harder area. That is your uterus. At your next appointment until the endthey will probably check fundal height (size of your uterus). So you will learn how to do it pretty quickly.
  • Sorry I’ve been gone for a while... I was away for almost a week visiting my parents. I hate living so far away from them. I cried when we left. We did figure out the plan for when my Mom would come stay with us for when DD2 comes though! I also reached a new parenting achievement... holding a barf bag for DD1 on the airplane. Poor girl got motion sick from the turbulence. ALWAYS pack an extra change of clothes in the diaper bag! Is anyone else’s Mom or parent coming to stay with them after their J19 is born?
  • We’re going to stay with my parents @navyblueladybug for the weeks leading up to and for as long as we can after. They’re visiting me at the moment and it’s such a godsend. I’m going to really struggle when they’re gone! 
  • @navyblueladybug absolutely the heck not. My mom and I are such different kinds of person from each other, I’d be angry and bitter within a week. She gets so mad at me for the smallest things and I do the same to her. It’s no way to start a babies life. 
  • @wiseh We lived with my parents at two different times in our relationship. We all get along really well. DH and my sister are another story though 😂 But she’s not coming. It’s nice that your parents are so helpful! I’m glad they’re so supportive of you and you’re able to have them help out before and after LO comes. 
    @battleangel If it’s going to cause you stress it’s totally not worth it! No one needs MORE stress during the newborn stage
  • We didn't get along at all when I was growing up but now that I'm older I'm getting close with them again. My dad was involved in a serious motorbike accident in 2017 too and is somewhat permanently disabled from that which has also helped bring out whole family closer together. Both of them still annoy the heck out of me at times but their house is huge and they both work full time, so I'll only really see them in the evenings, so when I say that we'll stay with them as long as we can I mean we'll stay with them until we've driven each other up the wall and then we'll move out. Haha.

@battleangel definitely not worth the extra stress at all! 
  • @amaren-2 LoL so i did go searching for it this morning, and you are right that it’s not weird at all. It’s actually pretty cool. Thanks for the directions!

@navyblueladybug I hear you on hating that I live so far from my parents. We got to spend the week with them at Christmas, which was great. I miss them so much. Definitely hoping my mom will stay out for a few weeks to help us—and then I’m hoping we’ll be able to spend at least a month of my leave at their house. Sorry to hear DD had a rough go on the flight!

@battleangel Yeah, I agree with everyone else that you should definitely not let your mom come stay with you! You don’t need that kind of stress!

@wiseh I’m sorry about your dad’s motorbike accident! Having a large house will definitely help, I think. It’s great that you can stay with your parents for now and however long you need/are able. That’s definitely helpful!

So am I right in guessing that the majority of this board seems to have decamped for either FB or a private group? I guess I should have started participating more actively earlier—but I’m really glad there are at least a few of us left here.
  • I had so much energy last week, where did it go?! 

My parents flew out for my first baby and having houseguests was miserable even though they are nice people. I didn’t want to nurse in front of my dad, so I went upstairs each time. I ended up ripping out all my lady part stitches and taking forever to heal. I was so hormonal and just wanted life to be simple. Now we live near them, so they will watch my other two while I give birth and visit occasionally after. I told everyone not local to not come for a couple months. 
  • Hi everyone! I have been pretty radio silent and just lurking since I introduced myself but I wanted to jump in on the fun! It is interesting reading the different opinions on mom staying with you, mine can just be very overpowering which can be overwhelming for DH. She wants to be in the room when her first grand baby is born but I think we want it to be a time for just the two of us, has anyone encountered this? How did you handle it?

• @navyblueladybug My mom came over to stay with me during the day after I had DD2 since I had a C-section & was on pain meds for about a week. It was nice being able to sleep when baby slept & know that my mom had Big Sister covered. She only came over for the first 2 weeks, and then I was able to take care of things after that. She will probably volunteer to do the same this time, but I will likely only take her up on the offer if I have to have another C-section.

@lovemesomemonster I think my mom & MIL would have liked to be present for the birth, but they both respected that we wanted it to be just H & me in the room. But they were both present during the labor process with both girls. However, my FIL will never be welcome in the labor room again!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster absolutely not. Inly DH, the nurse and doctor in the room. I was actually reminiscing about DSs birth(he turned two yesterday) and I don't think we told my parents (who had come in town) for several hours. They didn't come until evening.  Afterwards we bonded as a family, took a nap and then told people he was born. Enjoy that special time with just baby. It is important. Everyone else can wait.
  • People already started a private group?! Yikes. I was gone for a week and the board died. I didn’t think people would break off for a while... we just hit second trimester it feels like. My other BMB didn’t do that until after the babies were born 😔
  • @amaren-2 @magpie87 thank you for these kind words, I am happy to hear everyone took things well! One advantage I guess I do have is that all of our family is a flight away so even with notice it is highly unlikely they would make it in time! I just worry so much about hurting feelings and need to keep in mind it is first about the three of us!
  • @navyblueladybug I'm not sure if you were around, but there were some things that went down. Also, YGPM.
  • @navyblueladybug welcome back! I wondered where you went off to, glad it was just to spend time with family!  my parents luckily love pretty close to us. I already made sure they weren’t planning a Memorial Day trip since that’s just a week before my due date. Also YGPM 😁
  • I was wondering why it’s been so quiet too. I’ve been so busy since the holidays I figured everyone else was too.
  • @navyblueladybug No way! It's already been offered on both sides, but I've politely declined. I would go absolutely insane. Although, hey, if you all get along and it will help out, that's up to you! 

• @navyblueladybug my in-laws actually live with us for six months of the year, their visits are spaced out, their summer visit is the longest June-early September.

normally it’s fine bc we have totally separate kitchens and spaces so they don’t get into my space too much, but I’m worried with the new babe they will be lingering around more in our space trying to help, but I know post partum me will hate that so I told DH there needs to be some clear boundary discussions beforehand lol. I think it will be nice having them around for my then almost three year old though. 
  • What are people’s views on hosting their own baby shower? I’d like to have a little get together with the 5 or so friends I have where I’m currently living to celebrate my pregnancy before I move, but none of them are close enough to me to host the party unless I asked for it, which I also don’t think is what you’re supposed to do! Could I ask my sister in law to host it if I pay for catering, etc.? 
  • @wiseh I say go for it. I’m all about celebrating each baby, so I would totally organize my own small thing if no one offered. 
  • @wiseh I agree with @whitney812 and say go for it!
    I saw a thread in another board about this too - and even though tradition sort of dictates that someone throws it for you, tradition is stale and out the window if no one is able/volunteering. 
    I may end up doing the same thing, honestly! I have a friend who mentioned throwing me a shower, but she’s also very controlling and unpredictable- this has blown up on me before. 
    Damn the costs and traditions - if you want/need to throw your own shower, do ittttt 💜💜
  • I was talking to my partner about it and he’s asked if he can organise it. I’m thinking to just let him do it. He’s often complained about feeling left out of the pregnancy so it might be a nice way for him to feel included? 
  • @wiseh I think that’s really sweet - how great that he wants to organize. 
    Also, he’s likely someone with whom you can share really clearly what you do/don’t want - and who you do/don’t want there! 

• wisehwiseh member
    edited January 2019
    After all that we decided to just do it together @raemy12345. We're making it a celebration rather than a formal baby shower as I'll only be 23 weeks and we're going to do another once we've moved back to my parent's place on the other side of the country that my mum is throwing for me. Haven't chosen a location but it'll either be at a park or a restaurant with a playground or somewhere to swim for all the kids in our lives. We've discussed a few options and I'm going to get quotes then we'll just go from there. Ahhh it's all so exciting but also so nerve-wracking!