August 2019 Moms

GTKY: Lets do lunch

if you could have a lunch date with any celebrity (living or not), who would it be and why??

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: GTKY: Lets do lunch

• Hands-down, Stephen King. He's my idol. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Chris hemsworth because I love him so much. 

For reasons other than hotness, Michelle Obama. I am reading her book right now and I just love her so much. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Harrison Ford. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Chrissy Teigen. She’s a foodie so I know we’d go somewhere yummy. I find her hilarious plus she has two kids so I could ask her any pregnancy or parenting questions I have, and I know she’d give it to me straight!
  • @heml - YES! That would definitely be a wonderful lunch date!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Jensen Ackles. I'm a huge SPN fan & he's quite handsome to boot. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Gaga because she's ICONIC, weird, brilliant, talented, and I love her.
  • heml said:
    Chrissy Teigen. She’s a foodie so I know we’d go somewhere yummy. I find her hilarious plus she has two kids so I could ask her any pregnancy or parenting questions I have, and I know she’d give it to me straight!
    @heml Possible UO: Chrissy Teigen is overrated.
  • @ElcaB But you won’t know that until you have lunch with her... 
  • I think Elon Musk or Jeff Besos. It would be so interesting to hear their stories as pick their brains. Dead would be Stephen Hawking. 

• I love your choices, @deecherise

• Patrick Stump. I thought about this all day.
  • @Beauxbaton "Thnks fr th Mmrs" !!!

SO. MUCH. NOSTALGIA.
  • Michelle Obama to soak up all of her wisdom. Imo, she is the most amazing first lady there ever was! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @runningisrad - YES Stephen King 
  • Jimmy Buffett. I grew up listening to his music and reading his books - he's led a fascinating life, fame notwithstanding, and you know he'd make some bangin margaritas! Totally would bring my mom along since she got me into him.
  • I'd love to meet the Obamas but I feel like I would be way too intimidated! I would choose Mindy Kaling probably because she seems down to earth and like we have a lot in common. And I love funny people. :) 
  • @deecherise fall out boy is still my favorite band. They have been for like 14 years. We took our two boys (5 and 3) to a fall out boy concert in September. Lol.
  • @catpants he is my #1 favorite author & the reason I wanted to become a writer. I adore him!

• @hey_clever_girl what’s your favorite book he has written?
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • edited January 2019
    @olivemomma oh gosh, that’s a hard one. So I think my favorite in recent years is 11.22.63. The scariest he’s ever written, IMO, is Pet Sematary. But I’m also a HUUUUUGE Dark Tower nerd (I want my first tattoo to be a huge Dark Tower/DT tie-in sleeve). 

ETA: I got the Mr. Mercedes/Bill Hodges trilogy for Christmas & am currently reading Mr. Mercedes. It’s so good!!!

• Melinda Gates. She’s done so much for global health, especially women and children. I imagine she would be fascinating. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Queen Elizabeth I, I've always been fascinated with the Elizabethan era. Also, I'm curious as to whether she was such an icon during her life, or if that came after. And how she managed to be such a great person at a time when woman were viewed as things to make more men.
  • @hillaryo14 omg me too!! I love him. I’ve been to 14 of his concerts over the years - total parrothead. I actually had booked a trip to Margaritaville in the USVI for New Years but had to cancel because of Zika. I second the Buffett choice. 
  • @drmrsthecounselor oh yes! I love her! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*