Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 1/8

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD/DPO: 
Timing: 
Typical LP length: 
Testing: 
R/R: 
CS/Q:

Re: TWW Tuesday 1/8

• Month/Cycle: 24/1 A/L
    CD/DPO: 14/ 3 
    Timing:  good
    Typical LP length: 14-15 days
    Testing:  I didn’t order any tests and plan to wait for symptoms, but I lack self control
    R/R:  i am not sure what to do about my dog.  She is having an increased amount of accidents in the house.  She wakes me up usually twice a night to go to the bathroom and she still peed in my house last night.  We have baby gates up now so at least I can control where she goes.  I tore my meniscus years ago tripping over one of her gates though, so I am nervous!
    CS/Q

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited January 2019
    @holly321 the poor pup! Have you taken her to the vet? Mine did that once and it turned out she had a UTI. Not sure how old she is though. 

Month/Cycle: 15

CD/DPO: 23/11

Timing: great 

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Thursday 

R/R: sad about my drop this morning. Maybe it’s just a random drop? Haha. 🦄 
    rave- Made it back to the gym today. Nearly died. I’ve been done for 15 min and I’m still trying to catch my breath. 

CS/Q: how do you all count your months/cycles? I feel like I may be overestimating but I’m doing like nov-dec is 1, dec-Jan 2, etc. So the number up there is the month/cycle I’m on and not how many have already passed? I’m confusing myself?

death drop :/ eta chart. 

• Loading the player...
  • @b_1029. I meant to add she is sick, she has Cushings disease, so we know why, although I am really thinking there is dementia involved, she will bark at the basement to try to get us to let her go down there to go to the bathroom.  do you usually drop this early?  If not, that could be a good drop!
     and I have lost count of cycles, but, yes I would count months like that, and periods for cycles.
  • @holly321 the poor thing! :( and I’ve had random drops every month I’ve actually temped, usually more around 9-10 DPO, so I’m trying to not read into it (but it’s so hard haha)
  • @holly321 sorry about your pup, could it be a UTI? If its age maybe try reusable doggie diapers, my dog is in heat and she's gone pee in her diaper because I forgot to take it off (oops) when I let her out to potty and I was shocked how much it held.

@b_1029 sorry about the temp drop. I count months like you and cycles the same way. I got my mirena out in October but didnt get my first cycle until November so even though I was somewhere in a cycle I didnt count October. 

Month/Cycle:  3/2

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: good  -5,-4,-2, O, +1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: maybe Thursday we'll see

R/R: got a workout in this morning. Scored 2 of my textbooks for super cheap yesterday. I got a pair of Rothys from my MIL fit xmas but they are a olive camo so I asked my MIL if I could exchange them for a black pair for work and instead she said to keep the camo ones and bought me another pair is black, I'm so stinking excited. 

CS/Q: I had little temp drop this morning but hoping it will go back up tomorrow 

• @holly321 - I'm sorry your dog has been having issues. Hopefully you can find a solution and not trip on any baby gates!

@b_1029 - Yes, the way I count my cycles is by adding in the one I'm on. Because when we started, we were on 1 not 0. So you count the month you started, and the month we are currently in.
    I'm sorry about the temp drop  :( Maybe since you have a longer LP, this is a good drop??

@kimmer1412 - Cheep textbooks are cause for celebration!

@inthewoods23 - Glad you could help a friend understand the crazy ways of our bodies. I love being able to help ladies!

@cmdesigner - Yay for killing it at work! Also, your chart looks fantastic! Have you temped before?

Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD/DPO: 20/4

Timing: -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: Next Monday

R/R: DH still has his migraine and couldn't get a massage appointment until tomorrow. I left him with strict instructions to take a hot bath, do some stretches, and drink lots of water to hopefully help his back. His ribs get out of alignment on long road trips and we drove over 24 hours this Christmas break. 
    The meeting that shows our office documentary is on Thursday and I really hope my interview measures up to the rest of my office's. I'm *kind of* excited about it?

CS/Q:

• @b_1029 nooooo not a drop!!! How long is your LP?

@holly321 I'm sorry about your pup. We had a sick cat once that started peeing on everything and because we were in a rental (and cat pee is IMPOSSIBLE) we had to make her an outside cat. We made her a nice cat house and the weather is mild here so it wasn't so bad. I felt guilty for sure but I saw no other alternative. We tried everything. 

@kimmer1412 that's awesome you got TWO pairs of Rothys! I would love a pair (and am actually eyeing the camo ones!) but I can't justify the price. Plus I'm 5' and pretty much am always in a heel of some sort. 

@marebear15 Ugh total bummer! I hope he starts feeling better soon. I hear acupuncture can help. Maybe as a last ditch effort?

@cmdesigner That's so awesome about your boss. She knows what she's doing. It feels so good to be recognized! Also I get weird when DH isn't isn the bed either. Usually I wake up every hour until he is finally in the bed. 

@inthewoods23 Thats so awesome you can be supportive of a friend who is ttgp. I love helping with those kind of things.. Although it get awkward when you're like "Ok now tell me what your cervical mucus looks like. No, please don't send a picture"  :D

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 7 DPO

Timing: Who knows

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Friday!! 

R/R: You guys serious Q and I'm trying not to get worked up about this. I found a small lump in my breast last night and am debating if I call my OB like, TODAY, or if I wait for my annual which is scheduled in mid-Feb... It's probably nothing but one of my good girlfriend's BFF was just diagnosed with breast cancer and she's 33, I think. So I'm sweating a little. 

CS/Q: Ugh. 
  • Month/Cycle: 8

CD/DPO: 27/13

Timing: A+

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: I almost POAS today. I was thisclose but talked myself out of it.

R/R: Throwing in a *TW* for talk of babies on the Telly. Last night DH started watching/got us sucked into The Bachelor and of course they had a segment on Bachelor Babies and I was crying and blubbering on the couch, looking oh so attractive and out of the blue he said to me “what if I peed right here and now?” And then he followed up with “I have to pee, but I want to see what happens in the show”. I went from crying to laughing so hard I might pee myself in less than 2 seconds!!! Omg, love that man!

CS/Q: Hoping it’s not too bad of a drop. 😕

• cmdesignercmdesigner member
    edited January 2019
    @marebear15 Yes! I have been temping since August 2018. I have also been tracking AF diligently with Clue since about July 2015. In 2016 I started tracking my migraines to see if I could see a pattern. So, you could say I am a bit of a data freak when it comes to this stuff. I still track AF with Clue but I find FF gives me the more comprehensive data I want in this particular case.

tldr; yes I have temped before ;)

Edited because words.
  • I missed your post when I was reply, @nomangos23, but I would stay calm (easier said than done, I know). However, I would ring your OB, go in for a breast exam, and see what is going on just to make sure AND to help you with the stress of finding that. It is probably nothing to be concerned about but it is always good to be on the safe side. 
  • @holly321 Oh no! That's so tough with your pup! <3

@b_1029 C'mon temps, go back up! Glad you're still with us after that workout lol! Now I'm questioning how I've been doing the month/cycles... lol

@kimmer1412 Yay on the workout and cheap books! Oh the Rothys are SO CUTE! 

@inthewoods23 Glad you were able to give your friend some insight! FX for your testing!!!

@cmdesigner Oh man, that's frustrating! Yay on the kudos you got from your work - that's always wonderful to hear! Your chart is looking good!

@marebear15 That's so rough that YH is still dealing with that pesky migraine! Hopefully he gets that relief soon! Have you guys looked into that new medicine that's out to help with migraines? I forget the name of it but I just saw a commercial on it. Oh, I hope your documentary viewing goes well! Oh and look at that temp jump!!!!

@nomangos23 Okay does the bump feel like an eraser on a pencil? My OB always mentions that and says if it feels like that to get it checked. Not sure if that helps. I always feel like the boob bumps feel strange and TBH it's better to be overly worried than to brush it off.

@lillywonderland That is so funny! I'm not sure if i want to watch The Bachelor - I F'in can't STAND Colton! LOL.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 4

Timing: Great

Typical LP length: 11-13

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I slept like a rock last night but had the strangest dreams. I don't know where these dreams are coming from but I am serious about getting a dream journal now because WTF lol. Work is crazy busy! I got some organizational stuff that I bought online coming in a few days this week so excited to stay on the ball with organizing our stuff! Also my official START date on the FighterDiet challenge is on the 9th! I am so excited to get back into these challenges since girls like to lift each other up. But not sure if I want to submit my before photos because the last challenge I was in I crushed and ended up being one of the people on the "Success Stories" LOL. WHOOPS. But I do have Hashimoto's and PCOS and even though it isn't an excuse - it definitely is a hurdle.

CS/Q: Nah!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • edited January 2019
    @holly321 I’m sorry about your pup and I think you have a good idea with the baby gates but I hope you don’t trip over them (again). Eep!

@b_1029 I want to feed your unicorn (and my own) because I wanna be your bump sister!! 

@kimmer1412 What kind of workouts do you usually do?

@inthewoods23 FX for you, lady!!

@cmdesigner YAY for being a beast at work!! Glad your boss recognized you for all the work you did!!

@marebear15 Hopefully YH will start to feel better. Migraines suck. I bet you looks/sound awesome in your work video!! 

@nomangos23 I found two lumps in my breast a few years ago. I waited a couple days and they weren’t going away so I went in and they referred me to get an ultrasound. It turned out to be nothing, but still...please don’t delay things like that. Make an appointment ASAP.

@brookert615 Submit your photo!! You can’t help that you’re a freakin’ beast with competition! Win win win win!! Also, your list of “must haves” fit the houses in my neighborhood...except for the yard size. We’re crammed in here like sardines (though not as bad as all the “newer” developments in my area).

eta tag
  • @nomangos23 actually they're trying to avoid right now. They get married in October so getting KU right now would probably put her due date right around their wedding date. Sounds like a stressful nightmare to me, but I know some wouldn't worry.

She did take a HPT and it was negative so she's not sure what's up. Too and TB doesn't have a board for those TTA.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited January 2019
    @kimmer1412 wow very exciting about the extra shoes and cheap textbooks!

@inthewoods23 it feels so good being an "expert" on TTC! That's great you were able to help your friend. Keeping everything crossed for you!!!!

@cmdesigner awesome job kicking butt at work! That's funny but annoying about YH. Your chart looks great!

@marebear15 yes maybe! It's usually around 14 sometimes 15, so never know. Ugh I'm sorry YH still has his migraine, does he normally get them for this long? That would be so hard to watch yourself haha, hope the documentary turns out great!

@nomangos23 usually 14-15 so I'm probably just being dramatic :) I just want it to stay up and keep going up! haha! I can definitely understand why you'd be worried about a lump - especially hearing about so many young people getting cancer now. I would definitely call your OB and see what they suggest in terms of waiting a month or coming in sooner. Much better safe than sorry, IMO. 

@lillywonderland YH sounds like a hoot! Hopefully both our drops mean we're special unicorns and are moving to the Sept BMB :)  Stay away AF!!!!

@brookert615 sorry to confuse you! I was just looking like 15...how is it 15 when we started last November? Am I doing this wrong? lol. I wanna join this challenge! Need to kick my butt into gear with nutrition. You're doing so awesome on all your org stuff! When are you all trying to move? 
  • @lillywonderland It's the same thing with yards in our area, especially the area we are looking at! It's insane how many developments keep popping up - especially the ones that have a little shopping area and their own town center? So strange and they're so expensive lol.

@b_1029 I usually go by the cycle I'm on so it's kind of lined up? Yes - come join the challenge lol! We are hoping to move in March when the listings start to pop up more!!! 
    TW
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited January 2019
    @nomangos23 I want to watch that show so bad! I might just plop it on as I work lol. And I think we had the same thing in mind because I ALSO got fabric storage boxes and over the door shoe racks lol!!! I got a shelf that I plan to put in the one closet and I did get this little side table thing that I plan to put my bras, underwear and socks in. 

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2653318/whitmor-inc-3-drawer-wood-chest.jsp?skuId=Whitmor%203-Drawer%20Wood%20Chest&search=2653318&submit-search=web-regular

ETA: words.
    TW
  • Lurking....

@cmdesigner, congrats on getting praise from boss! I love when that happens!

@nomangos23, I'm really glad you decided to get checked out. It's probably nothing, but it's a good idea to get it checked just in case. And then it's not hanging over your head making you worry til February!

@marebear15, that stinks about your H's migraine! I hope he finds a way to resolve it soon. And I might be showing my newness, but I *think* I read somewhere men are supposed to avoid hot baths (or is it just hot tubs?) while TTC so they don't accidentally cook their sperm. Obviously if he is in a ton of pain, he should do whatever he can to get some relief. Hope he feels better soon!
  • @galentine - Yes! That's true about hot baths cooking the sperm. I make DH avoid baths during the WTO, but I let him have at it during the TWW. It only takes 24-72 hours for sperm to replenish, so I figure it's not hurting. (Tell me if I'm wrong!)
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited January 2019
    @holly321 sorry about your pup. I know how frustrating it can be.
    @b_1029 since your LP is 14 days, I wouldn't worry too much about this drop. It happened to me last cycle. Big drop at 12 DPO just above the coverline, then it went back up 2 days in a row and then big drop under the coverline this time at 15DPO, hence why I am here again  :p
    @kimmer1412 How nice of your MIL! These shoes aren't cheap!
    @inthewoods23 I've been helping some friends too. One is TTC #2 and is only monitoring CM. She has a lot of medical issues (very long cycles, thyroid...) that have gotten worse over the years so I told her to try temping and see if it works for her. This will be a better indicator for O day since you can have EWCM and not ovulate.
    @cmdesigner argh! That would be annoying. Maybe put an alarm clock (or 2) on his phone so he wakes up from the couch? lol
    @marebear15 we are DPO twins. You are stronger than I am for waiting until Monday! Good luck with your interview!
    @nomangos23 I get lumps in my breasts as a PMS symptom. This is totally normal. When my doctor asks if I do self checks every day, I remind her that I only do them after AF due to the lumps and she agrees.Progesterone will do that.
    @lillywonderland Hilarious about your H. I wouldn't be too concerned about the drop yet. It is still way above the coverline.

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 26/8

Timing: Excellent

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: probably tomorrow because why not?

R/R: I talked to my boss about people accruing overtime like there's no tomorrow. She told me if it wasn't approved it wasn't paid but my friend in accounting told me it was a big load of BS. And I know for sure people wouldn't work extra hours if they weren't paid. I might escalate the issue to RH.

CS/Q: chart looks good but it means nothing

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @marebear15, I guess I hadn't really thought hot baths in WTO vs TWW. Hope it helped your H feel better!!