August 2019 Moms

Monday B*fest 1/7

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 1/7

• Loading the player...
  • MBF:  1st day back at work after extended leave with DS. 

Coworker who I meet 8 months pregnant the last time and haven't seen since said "welcome back,  and this time you're not pregnant!" I was totally awkward and was just like "HaHaha *wait if I don't say no,  he'll think I am* Nope......"

So in a few weeks when it comes out, I wonder if he'll remember lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @wabash15 yes. I drafted snarky replies like 5 times, but wasn't sure if this was the crowd for it. 
  • Agreed @mrosek91! There are plenty of times that I've "loved" a post when really the sentiment is more like "I feel your pain".

My MBF is that I've had two whole days free of the labmate from hell and I have to interact with him today....and I can already tell my thin bulls**t tolerance is non-existent today. So it should be fun.
  • I'm in a wedding in April and the bride still hasn't told us what color of dresses to order. I know for sure mine will have to be altered. So I need her to choose like...today.
  • I'm in a wedding in April and the bride still hasn't told us what color of dresses to order. I know for sure mine will have to be altered. So I need her to choose like...today.
    Yeah, she needs to get on that. I was in a wedding on June 4 and due June 21 with my last baby and everything worked out. I definitely over estimated how much I would gain and needed to pull in the dress and then I also paid for extra fabric that went to waste. So annoying!
  • Thanks @mrosek91! Good luck on your potty training as well! My DD got the hang of it so quickly I think she spoiled me. This little man could not care less...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @olivemomma boys can take so much longer. My twins the girl trained well before her brother and is also night trained, he is no wear near being night trained. sometimes they just need more time
    @ElcaB that was me last week. This weekend I saw white cheddar popcorn and thought that is either going to be great or terrible... thankfully its great and apparently all this pinenut wants to eat.. not any of my other healthy lunch items that I brought with me...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @ElcaB is this cucumber cream cheese sandwich something normal for you? I have not heard of such a combo and I'm not sure I want to try lol

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @moon1417 I've had them as finger sandwiches served with tea... or at least I think it was cream cheese? 
    Anyway, they were really good!
  • @moon1417 I haven't had one in ages but it just sounds so good to me! I'm surprised you've never heard of it; it's not super uncommon. 
  • @olivemomma you are my hero for 1st trimester potty training.  I was going to attempt it over winter break, but after getting pregnant that went quickly into the f*ck it bucket and we'll try over spring break.

@ElcaB I would like a cucumber sandwich now, too, please. I'm OBSESSED with cream cheese lately.

AFM, I sorely underestimated how much lemonade I need to get through the workday AND I'm all out of carbs AND have my 3 hardest groups of students this afternoon
  • @wabash15 my MIL asked me this weekend if I was far enough along to tell what the baby was (she knew I was having an ultrasound soon). What? I am pretty sure I tell her every single week how many weeks I am. No, I cannot tell what my jelly-bean sized fetus is. 

@olivemomma oof. I feel your pain. Potty training my daughter (now almost 9) was a B****. She pooped on the floor of her bedroom every night for a month. I thought I was going to throw her out to the wolves.

@ElcaB I always end up with cravings that are impossible for me to have... like the specific avgolemono soup from a very specific restaurant I grew up with... that's 600+ miles away.  :'(
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @olivemomma I've been trying to potty train DD2 since July. DD1 was potty trained at 25 months with no poop accidents ever. DD2 almost NEVER makes it to the potty. She'd rather keep playing in poppy pants. I have the most success when she's completely naked. So, she runs around the house naked. Every morning.
  • I've begun to set the stage for potty training but not really starting in earnest since DD is only 17.5 months.  I bought a baby sized toilet and put it next to our toilet.  I am just getting her used to the idea that it's there.  When she sees me use the toilet, she tries to sit on her toilet next to me (which means she tries to step into the toilet lol).  When I change her diaper or get her ready for her bath, I put her on the toilet for a few minutes.  Every time we sit on the toilet, we wash our hands together afterwards.  She thinks it's a game right now.
  • My neighbor did elimination communication from about 2 weeks old with her DD. Totally thought she was nuts. It mostly worked though you guys. Her DD is like 1.5 yrs old now and can sign when she need to potty. I think they still use diapers at nap and bedtime though. Craziest thing to me. 

• @twinkiedoll my daughter is almost 19 months and you are WAY ahead of me.  Getting a baby toilet hadn't even crossed my mind yet.  We originally wanted to try (if she seemed at all ready) around 2 in June, but now with this baby coming in early August I'm thinking waiting until after may be better.  I have no idea what to do. 
  • @mkrel if she is ready at 2 I would do it before the baby comes! Most experts say 24 months is a great age assuming they have the communication skills. I did DD at 26 months and she got it in 2 days (I used the ‘oh crap’ method which basically totally ditches diapers in one go). Obviously it’s not working as well for me this time 🤨. But if she is ready you will be glad for only 1 in diapers! It will probably be months before you feel like tackling that with a newborn on your hands. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited January 2019
    @mkrel I only started doing it because she follows me into the bathroom all the time and stares at me while I pee.  And given that I now have to pee every hour, I figured I would make that time productive.  Lol. 
  • Goodness, ddd is two and a half and not fully potty trained yet haha you guys are doing great. I mean she goes every once in a while. She'll go a few hours without a diaper on a day. I'm just not trying to force her. I figured we still have a solid 6 months and she'll pick it up by then. 
    As far as my bitch fest- my college decided it wanted a new online portal.... which isn't working. Luckily classes don't start for two more weeks, but I still need to log in for other reasons and I'm getting so frustrated

• I took over a project from a guy who is the temporary boss. But he's micromanaging the shit out of me. He was in my cube 5 times today! Half of them he sent an email then ran over to make me read it and the slides right.that.minute. Two others he made me pull up my calendar and tried to tell me when I need to travel for this project. He doesn't know I'm pregnant and I won't tell anyone for as long as possible since I'm trying to get a new job, but damn, back off. I'll travel when I see it. If he wants to run the show he should just take the project back. He pissed me off today. He walked in as I was packing up and I said I'll be back tomorrow but I gotta go get my kids and he looked annoyed. Whatever.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• My DS is pushing 3 (March 20) and not potty trained yet. He sometimes goes on the potty at daycare but he refuses to even sit on it at home! We decided not to push if. Once I’m through first tri and hopefully feeling better we can try to tackle it again. 
  • @olivemomma I LOVE the idea, but so many people have told me that if we do it right before the baby comes she will regress.  I guess it's worth a shot though!  Her daycare usually starts around 2, so I will have to discuss with them as well and come up with a plan, but I like your optimism! 
  • You guyyyyssss I pulled something in my neck (pretty sure from changing a lightbulb in a difficult-to-change light fixture) and I'm in so much pain. I can only sit with my head cocked like, down and slightly to the left. If I attempt to move it in any other position than that my neck spasms and kills. I'd just sit around all day but we have our first ultrasound this afternoon! And my birthday is tomorrow. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy????  :'(:'(:'(

• @mkrel I had always heard that too! But I did DD in February and my DS was born in early April of that year - no regression! I’m sure if you did it 2 weeks before the baby came there may be a different story and obviously each kid is different. Good luck whatever you decide!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @wabash15 - Thank you, everything I think all the time. Then again, I have no patience with that kind of thing.

@mwmiller4 - OMG, it's been years since I've heard a phrase so amazing that I am both thrilled and upset that I've not heard it before. I need more "f*ck bucket" in my life.

@kristinamarie10 - I feel ya! DD is 2.5 and DGAF about potty training. We get excited about it and she's all over there like "it's the potty, why are you acting like it's Disney World?" My motto is she'll do it when she does it, though I'm pretty sure daycare ups their game this time of year to make sure all the kids are done by the time August rolls around and they move up to 3K. So FX for that! #ittakesavillage

AFM, DD had what looked like pink eye developing on Friday so I kept her home and did the usual warm, moist towel wipes every hour or so ... keep hydrated, keep from rubbing routine all weekend. Still wasn't convinced it was past the contagious stage yesterday and she had developed a cough, so I took her to the doc to get a medical opinion about contagiousness (it wasn't bacterial and it seems to have ran its course) and her cough (it's just a light cold, nothing in the chest). THANK GOODNESS. I was one day away from losing my mind. Both me and DH have been working from home - you can't one-man a 2.5 yr old AND work - and were about to sell her on eBay. I'm glad she didn't affect anyone, but it is SO hard dealing with a toddler who ISN'T sick but can't go to daycare. We don't give our children's caretakers enough credit!! (I actually ordered a sandwich tray from Subway for all of their lunches today ... those women deserve it!!)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @runningisrad can you go to a chiropractor? Happy early birthday
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 I may look into that if it doesn't get better, but I am not an established patient anywhere so I'm not sure. I'm gonna grab some BioFreeze and see if that helps! 

• This is serious FWP problem and really stupid but it is bothering me. I have done newborn pics and monthly pics with my sons, so I have to do it with this baby too. The photographer we used for newborn with the last baby didn't do monthly pics, but our newborns were out of this world fantastic. Our monthlies were good, and I became close friends with the photographer that did the monthly pictures. We aren't super close anymore but we are still friends and I have to use her for newborn photos because we're friends and I really just want to use the other woman. 

See? Annoying FWP but man. It's stressing me TF out today.
  • @lilmamabebe3 Just use who you want to use. Unless your BFFs, and even if you were they will understand
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @mamak225 I just couldn't hold it in! at 6 weeks we can not tell you the sex of your baby!!!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @WinchesterGirl @wabash15 unless I am just remembering incorrectly, my last BMB had low snark, too. Once we all migrated to Facebook we all stayed pretty tight; there was some internal drama there but for the most part the group is super duper solid. 

• @wabash15 and @runningisrad - I've noticed those that are trying to find out so early are too impatient to wait for definitive answers (and why? it doesn't change anything other than superficial things like clothes and decor). My doc said that the labs won't even process panorama tests before 10 weeks because even SCIENCE can't tell you that early - unless you've had PGS because you went through IVF. I just don't understand why it's even on anyone's radar.

I'm totally down for snark, I think it makes you a more adaptable adult and a more effective parent ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)