April 2019 Moms

MoMs check-in- (almost) December

I know there's only a few of us, but in case we have any twin/MoM questions come up, here's a place!
1. How far along are you? 
2. How many do you have? Twins, triplets, quads?
3. Identical or fraternal?
4. Sexes? Names?
5. Any news of baby A or baby B?
6. Rants/Raves/Questions?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: MoMs check-in- (almost) December

• @jasmine5904 and @honey_suckle!

1. How far along are you? 
    20w4d
    2. How many do you have? Twins, triplets, quads? Twins
    3. Identical or fraternal? Mo-Di Identical
    4. Sexes? Names? Both boys, and not shy about it from the US! No names yet. 
    5. Any news of baby A or baby B? Nope! Baby A continues to be a stinker - we got all his face anatomy checked out but he hides his face and looks away whenever he can. Baby B loves posing for pics though. 
    6. Rants/Raves/Questions? The twin questions are getting old already, or maybe I'm just extra grouchy lately, ha. No real questions!

@jasmine5904 I would love to hear your story about finding out! Was it at the AS? Do you know di-di/mo-di/mo-mo yet? Must have been shocking!
  • 1. How far along are you? 19w4d

2. How many do you have? Twins, triplets, quads? Twins

3. Identical or fraternal? Fraternal, they even managed to get some good pictures of the wall between them at the AS. 

4. Sexes? Names? Two boys and major trouble coming up with boy names that we like  :s

5. Any news of baby A or baby B? They are both doing well and had such similar measurements the nurse had to double check which one she was measuring so that they didn't get mixed up! Twin 1(a) is positioned a bit further down and I think I keep feeling him push on my left side. 

6. Rants/Raves/Questions? It was so much fun to do the anatomy scan and get to see all the details and their little faces. Now we don't have our next scan until week 25 when they will check to make sure they're growing alright. No questions really right now, just curious about the rest of you MoMs. Do you have other people around you, friends or family that have twins? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @honey_suckle our Twin A is left and lower and I feel him move more often!

My aunt had di-di boys in the mid-90s after her first son (just like me!), but at the time I was pretty young so I don't remember much from her pregnancy - she said she made it all the way to 39 weeks which sounds insane to me! It's funny hanging out with my three cousins though - the oldest giving tips to DS about how to deal with younger twin brothers. 

One of my friends from my first BMB has B/G di-di twins... we had I think four sets total? She's been super helpful in product recommendations so far. 
  • honey_sucklehoney_suckle member
    edited November 2018
    @MRDCle that's great that you can get some recommendations. I've bought  a bunch of second hand things from other twin moms, so they often come with some advice as well. I'm also going to attend a twin parent class on December 11th and I'm happy to share if I get some good twin parenting advice. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 19w 3d
    2. How many do you have? Twins, triplets, quads? Twins
    3. Identical or fraternal? Fraternal
    4. Sexes? Names? Both boys - We're leaning towards Cole and Ethan for names. Nothing set in stone yet! 
    5. Any news of baby A or baby B? Both were measuring right on track with my EDD at my anatomy ultrasound, and moving around like crazy! We got a shot of baby A yawning, as well as his cute little feet. ❤️
    6. Rants/Raves/Questions? While finding out that we're having twins was super exciting, I am a little disappointed now because I have to find a new doctor. I was previously seeing midwives at a birthing center, and now that I'm considered high risk, I'll have to be transferred to a regular OB and deliver at the hospital. 

@MRDCle Yes, we found out at the AS! We were beyond shocked!! We had joked about having twins before, but never really thought of it as a possibility, especially since I've had virtually no symptoms and wasn't even showing until a couple weeks ago. The first thing the ultrasound tech said to us was, "So... How much do you know about your pregnancy?" Lol! 

@honey_suckle I have some distant relatives who were twins, but that's about it (my mom's cousins, and my husband's grandfather who recently passed). But other than that, I don't have any friends or family with twins. So if you ladies come across some good advice, please share! I'm also a FTM, so I could use all the good advice I can get! 😂
  • @jasmine5904 oh wow that must have been wild! I don't know what prompted my doc to do an US at 9 weeks since I was like, 99.9% sure on my dates (was charting and temping!) but I don't know what we would have even done if we didn't find out till 20 weeks! 

I understand the disappointment at being high risk and risking out of the birthing center. My first birth was difficult for me due to pre-e and induction, so I was hoping this time around to use the holistic birthing floor and be a little less clinical this time, but that's out the window now obviously! I will still have a doula but she will either be with us for the vaginal birth (likely in the OR) or a CS. All that matters is safe babes though so, it is what it is!
  • @jasmine5904 I'm a first time mom too! In one way the whole twin situation will be the only normal we know, but on the other hand, it will be a lot all at once. We're optimistic though, and really excited for our little boys to come join us 😊. I found a local Facebook group for mothers expecting twins and it has been helpful to read about other people's experiences with twins and twin pregnancies there. Maybe there's something where you live too? 
  • @MRDCle I'm considering a doula now that I won't be at the birthing center. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to have a vaginal birth, but like you said, in the end all that matters is that our babies are healthy and safe! 

@honey_suckle I've definitely been doing a lot of reading up on twins over the last week! What did we do before the internet? Lol! I will say that I'm thankful that my twin pregnancy is my first, because I can focus solely on my babies and not have to worry about taking care of other kids at the same time. 

I do have a question for you ladies: What are your plans for sleeping arrangements? I was thinking about letting them share a crib in the beginning, but I've read differing opinions on this. 
  • Hello all! I'm excited to be a part of the MoM club, and nice to meet you all.

1. How far along are you? 19 weeks
    2. How many do you have? Twins, triplets, quads? twins
    3. Identical or fraternal? identical (mo-di)
    4. Sexes? Names? Girls, still mulling over names.
    5. Any news of baby A or baby B? Baby B measuring a bit bigger by a few days, haven't felt any movement yet but looking forward to the first flutters! My anatomy scan is coming up on Friday  :)
    6. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really, just excited about having twins!

@honey_suckle One of my close friends actually also had mo-di girls. They were born last week! It's been great to have someone to talk to about the whole process who is four months ahead of me and has shared the same experience.
  • @rockclimbingmom nice to have a fellow mo-di mom here! 
  • These boys are already up into my ribs. This is gonna get miserable, ha!
  • @jasmine5904 our plan is for them to sleep in a crib together the first 6 months or so. We'll have to see if they can do that without disturbing each other too much though.

@rockclimbingmom welcome to the club! Good luck at the AS, we really enjoyed ours, it gave me a better idea of how they were lying inside the belly too. 

@MRDCle I just saw my belly move a bit! Active little babies in there tumbling around. I hope they leave your ribs alone though, that sounds painful. 
  • Hey MoMs, I've got a question for you all. I'm just coming up to 24 weeks and I'm feeling increasingly tired and finding it hard to handle my schedule. Between doc appointments, work, a recent move and setting up for babies I'm not able to balance everything super well and not getting everything done. How are you guys handling your schedules? Are you guys getting more and more tired these days?

I'm considering going on pregnancy leave next month, but I think I'm also struggling a bit to accept my diminished capacity to power through and get shit done.
  • @rockclimbingmom just sort of taking it day to day here. It’s getting harder as my appointments are getting more frequent (I think by the first or second week in February I’ll have at least two per week) but there’s not much to do about it.

I’ve been relying more on family to take DS for a few hours each weekend if I can so I can tackle some organization projects. I only have two more big ones before I move to stripping and washing diapers and getting together the newborn/preemie clothes. 

Im exhausted but thankfully DH is being pretty good about picking up slack (he’s making dinner right now while I lay on the bed and bump in my undies, ha) but I’m also taking more shortcuts. Dinners are easier/more leftovers, I bought a little Dustbuster so I can suck up little patches of dust or dog fur instead of a full vacuum session. 

If I start leave before giving birth that takes away from my time after birth to be with the babies, and with a very real chance at NICU time I’m not willing to take any time that isn’t medically mandated. So as long as I’m able, I’ll be heading in to work each day and just doing the bare minimum when I’m off, ha. 
  • honey_sucklehoney_suckle member
    edited January 2019
    @rockclimbingmom I feel like you that it's hard to get all the things  done while also making sure to rest and trying to not stress too much. Over Christmas I was at my parents place though and didn't really do anything besides eat and sleep. Back at home, it's almost impossible for me to bend down to the floor these days and I have to take sit down breaks just for walking over to the grocery store 5 min away  :( I have a doctor's appointment for the 23rd  to see if I might go on sick leave or reduced % working hours at work. I don't want to feel like I let people down at work, but I also don't think I'm of much use when I'm just having cramps and passing out in a sofa  ;) my maternity leave would not be affected by taking sick leave though, it's just up to the doctor if they see a risk of me continuing work, and with twins they take special consideration of the risk of delivering too early. 
  • @MRDCle wow, that's a lot of appointments! Towards the end of December I was going 1.5 - 2 times a week or sometimes multiple appointments a day (7 hour days) to check out a potential issue with the twins. Luckily I'm down to once a week - once every two weeks for now and everything is looking good. They certainly do monitor you closely with mono-di twins though!! 

@honey_suckle I had a good relaxing Christmas as well and it's crazy how much you can rest when given the opportunity! I've been struggling with the same things -- not able to stand for long, things being just out of reach haha! Glad to hear other MoMs are going through it too. Where I live we can take up to 17 weeks of pregnancy leave, which doesn't affect maternity. I became eligible for pregnancy leave over Christmas holiday and I am so so tempted just to take it and nap all day every day until the babies come. I'll be seeing my OB next week and it'll be good to see what she has to say. I wonder if I'm anemic or fighting off a cold or something else is going on? Otherwise, if this is normal twin pregnancy, this is bonkers!