August 2019 Moms

Appointments thread - January

Didn't see one of these started yet.... update us here! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Appointments thread - January

• Had a meeting today with our midwife. She checked my glucose and haemoglobin. Both are great. Blood pressure as usual is on the lower end so she said maybe just eat a bit more salt since it tends to be even lower in 1st tri than normal. 

Our next appointment is on Jan 31 at 10 weeks. We will get another ultrasound and do the full intake meeting. We will also do any testing. We have to decide between the Dutch NIPT, which costs €175 or the American NIPT, which costs €475. I’m leaning towards the American one but it is so expensive. This would be covered at home so that hurts a bit more too. If we do the American one though, we will find out the sex of the baby! So that’s cool. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • Went for my first appointment today, and was super underwhelming. Didn't realize I accidentally scheduled a pregnancy confirmation appointment instead of a real first appointment. Didn't need the confirm because my endocrinologist already did that. So that means I still got to wait a week and half for my first sono and an official EDD.
  • @ash0625 We will get through it! I'm trying so hard to stay positive and just put it out of my mind otherwise. It's so, so hard though. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl @ash0625 me three!!! First appointment is Friday morning and I’m equal parts excited and terrified. PGAL sucks.
  • First OB appointment is on Friday too. IDK if they'll check for a heartbeat with a Doppler or not, but I'm nervous. Should I ask all of my birth plan questions (e.g. delayed cord clamping, freedom of movement during labor, etc) or just kind of get a feel for how she operates?
  • @deecherise it's unusual for them to try doppler that early, just because LO is so small they can just not find them at times, which then freaks out mama. I think they start doppler consistently after 12/14 weeks. 
  • I had an appt today, with a sonogram. Baby is measuring right on track with a heartbeat of 170bpm. EDD is either 8/5 based on LMP or 8/6 based on measurements. I'm hoping for the 6th, which is my mom's birthday!
  • @deecherise my OB does a transvaginal to get a look at LO, check for HB, and EDD. You can certainly ask your questions to make sure the OB is a good fit for you. Your requests seem pretty "easy" (I did delayed clamping with my first without issue and was able to move until the epidural), so you should be fine. Good luck!
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It brings me an odd sense of comfort to know other mamas are just as anxious about their appointments. 

My 2nd u/s is tomorrow at 7 weeks. I'm nervous because at my first, we could only see a gestation sac measuring 5 weeks, which was a week and a handful of days behind calculations according to my lmp. Levels were rising accordingly from my 1st blood draw and late ovulation makes sense, so I know I shouldn't be so nervous, but my anxiety has me feeling otherwise. 
  • They don't do doppler until 24 weeks here :o then they do it every appointment.

But..... we also just don't get a lot of 1st half of pregnancy appointments in general. 
    1) registration at 6-10 weeks,  paperwork and health forms only, 
    2) blood work and extra screening tests if you want to pay for them 10-12 weeks
    3) anatomy scan 18-20 weeks
    4) regular monthly appointments from 24 weeks until 36 when it goes to every other week. 

They offered a 16-20 week appointment "to talk" but said there would be no additional check on baby - doppler or scan,  so I declined. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @ash0625 yay!!! I was checking this thread specifically to see if you and @WinchesterGirl had posted! Congrats on a good appointment! Mine is tomorrow and I’m so flipping nervous.
  • @jmesue1030 Thank you! I'll be thinking of you until then. I totally get the anxiety. 
  • @jmesue1030 I had one with my last pregnancy. I had some bright red bleeding around 8 weeks that was scary. I had to take it easy--no running or sex-- for the rest of the first tri, but the SCH resolved itself by the second tri. It is nerve wracking, but I think the majority of people have a positive outcome. 
  • @amdogger82 thanks for sharing that. I haven’t had any bleeding or spotting so I’m taking that as a good sign. From what I’ve read it does seem like most people go on to have healthy, normal pregnancies. I’m just feeling worried right now... I was really hoping this appointment would ease my anxiety, not add to it. 
  • @jmesue1030 Sending you positive thoughts! I know you can’t help but worry until going back but hopefully these next two weeks go by quickly
  • Got my form in the mail today for my anatomy scan :o i was amazed they scheduled it so quickly (my midwife just put in the request on Wednesday). I'll be 19+1 - March 11. Can't wait to see my baby for the first time :# 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Just had the first appointment yesterday. We did an US and measuring spot on my edd of August 17th. Heart beat was 160. 
    My blood pressure was great which was awesome for me. I've had high bp for years so I'm relieved. My doctor did mention a test that I can do in two weeks when I come back for blood work. It's a down syndrome test, but he said it tells gender too so I got a light excited. My mother and MIL got excited and posted the US to facebook so everyone knows now. I'm just glad I didn't have to haha
  • First appointment was today. Baby is measuring great! Strong heartbeat. OB wants me to stop taking my plaquenil if I can. He said if it is unbearable then then I can go back on it. He also did labs. 11 vials of blood. ELEVEN. that is more than I have ever had drawn at one time. And I've had a ton of blood draws in my life.
  • @Beauxbaton my record is 13 vials, it was when I was 11 and they were trying to diagnosis my Hashimotos. The next time I came in the phlebotomist told me that she started using me as a story for the adults who were giving her a hard time.
  • @mrosek91 I've gone through 3 pregnancies, graves disease diagnosis, and diagnosing of an autoimmune disorder. Still have never made it to more than 6 at a time. However while doing the autoimmune stuff I have 6 drawn one day and then 7 done about a week later or so. And I don't actually remember how many were drawn when getting diagnosed with GravesG because that was like 13 years ago lol. My husband would have been passed TF out.
  • My Dr just called me and said I had a UTI or possible kidney infection. Ugh. Last pregnancy I ended up in the hospital at 30 weeks for a kidney infection. I was hoping to avoid extra complications this time but I guess not.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon That sucks! Hopefully they caught it early this time.