bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: Group 2 (Sept 9-15) Check In w/o Jan 7

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/14; 4w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: January 24th 

How are you feeling?: Nothing to report, really. Things typically pick up around 6 weeks for me. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like time is crawlinggggg.

Questions: None that I can think of.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 9th, 5w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd beta today

How are you feeling?: I have a cold. Feel like crap. Stuffy nose & lots of coughing. Super tender breasts. 

Rants/Raves: nervous about my beta. FX for a high number compared to last week. I keep worrying that something will go wrong again. Not sure when that feeling will subside.

Questions: none
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+ days: 9/15, 4+0 weeks

baby is the size of a: poppy seed

upcoming appts: nothing until 8+4 on 2/7...this is worse than the TWW

how are you feeling today....sore/heavy boobs, overnight nausea that required a 1 am banana

rants/raves: just wish time would hurry up a bit...want to see that little heart flutter

questions: none 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/9 - 5w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): still a seed!

Upcoming Appointments: U/S 1/18 at RE (6w4d)

How are you feeling?: still no morning sickness, which I guess is great! I think we all feel nervous until we get more symptoms though... I still have sore nipples and am generally more tired second half of the day, but not as much so as first week. 

Rants/Raves: starting to accept this pregnancy is real, and I’m so happy! 

Questions: I’m a STM and starting to think about what I want to buy this time round. I love shopping for baby stuff!! What are your splurges that you are looking forward to buying this pregnancy?
    <3 DD born August 2016
    <3 2nd baby due 9.9.19
  • @seamonkey4 our first appt and EDD are the same! February is so far away!

@cammie0526 that's lucky about the furniture! I made the mistake of looking into baby gear and am already overwhelmed by the number of options and the cost of things. I mean...200 for basically a pillow!? (Re: doc a tot). FTM reality check here lol. But plenty of time to figure out.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/15

Baby is the size of a(n): same

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 7

How are you feeling?: Mild cramping and getting a little more tired than usual but other than that feeling great

Rants/Raves: walked out of the end of a workout class for the first time ever today. They were doing core and I know that's not recommended. Lol that's not really a rant or a rave.

Questions: 
  • @pennylane91 Some stuff is expensive, but places like Target, Amazon, etc offer discounts to complete your registry. Worth it! Also, I have gotten a lot of things at consignment stores/expos. I wouldn't recommend a used car seat, but just about everything else is fair game!

P.S. Both of my kids survived without the doc-a-tot 😉
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/14 / 4w2d

Upcoming Appointments: U/S on 2/13

How are you feeling?: just some light cramping and maybe a bit more emotional than usual. Last pregnancy my only symptom was very tender breasts, very early on so it’s strange not to have that symptom yet.

Rants/Raves: just happy to be pregnant! 

Questions: Nope
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 09/12, 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Speck of sawdust 

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound 02/04 

How are you feeling?: not bad just have a cold which sucks! Anxious to make sure things are ok in there since I had what I thought was a period. 

Rants/Raves: you guys are making me feel better about not having sore boobs! That was my first and most prominent symptom with my son so to not have them overwhelmingly sore right now is freaking me out. Everything about how this is playing out so far is completely different than his pregnancy actually.

Questions: Not so far 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/15 ~ 4w3d

Upcoming Appointments: U/S on 2/6

How are you feeling?: I am getting over a little cold and very tired but other than that no complaints. Last pregnancy I had very sorr breast so it is weird to not have that yet. Maybe it will be a boy! 

Rants/Raves: happy to be pregnant after a miscarriage in October

Questions: nope
  • Same with the boobs! Was super sore for my daughter but nothing this time around
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 9th /  5w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple Seed

Upcoming Appointments: Today I had my first u/s; my initial appt with the OBGyn is 1/16.

How are you feeling?: Bloated and extremely tired, I take so many naps (I never take naps). 

Rants/Raves: I wasn’t sure why my family doctor scheduled my u/s so soon when all it showed was the yolk sac. It made me so nervous because now I have to hope an embryo appears at my next appointment.

Questions: Has anyone else been advised to get an u/s so soon? If so, did you see what you wanted to see?
  • k8nbk8nb member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 11, 4 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed

Upcoming Appointments: next GP appt is on Feb 4th and I still have to book my dating/viability ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: I’m starting to feel queasy, especially before meals. Also I’m hungrier! I’m normally a 3 square meals sort of person, but I might need to incorporate larger snacks.

Rants/Raves: I’m happy that work is getting busy because I’d like the next few weeks to go by quickly. The last week has felt looong.

Questions: is anyone taking choline supplements? I’m mostly vegetarian and might not be getting enough from my diet (I’m trying to eat more eggs). Thoughts? Recommendations? I forgot to ask my GP about this.
  • @k8nb I eat mostly vegetarian too, though I do eat fish, so I'm being sure to get my recommended 2-3 servings of fish per day. I'm glad to finally be home to be able to better regulate my eating and start to meal plan. I also am going to eat more eggs. If I get a chance to ask questions tomorrow, even though I'm just in for labs, I'll let you know if they recommend anything. I've never heard of choline supplements, so I'm going to look those up. Is it not in your prenatal? I have to buy a new bottle of mine tomorrow, so I'll see if it's in mine... Glad there's another mostly vegetable eater in our week group!

Knottie21329276 It would be great if you could change your user name so that we can get to know you better/differentiate you from the many other "knotties" that appear. When I changed mine, I just googled how to do it, and I had to log into my old account at The Knot to change it, but it was easier than I thought! // Anyway, my drs are having me in at 8 weeks for the first u/s. That is all I know.

hanshotfirst77 Yayyy that your second beta doubled appropriately. ::Happy Dance::

@aussie&amp;yank I haven't thought yet about splurging for my pregnancy, but I *am* looking forward to buying some cute maternity clothes! I have weddings to attend in May & June, so hopefully I can find something awesome for those. That's a way off though & a bit selfish--all about me rather than the +1 in my belly haha.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 13th / 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): grain of rice

Upcoming Appointments: I'm going by tomorrow (Wed.) for labs & then again next Wed. I have to reschedule my first u/s date bc... work stuff/other people's inefficiencies. 😡

How are you feeling?: I've been good the past three days! Just some minor cramping & other small reminders--yes on the sore boobs for me! that's like my main reminder, but it's also something I get w/ AF, though exaggerated for pregnancy right now-- but not many other "symptoms." Glad to be going in for labs considering all that. 

Rants/Raves: We just got home a couple hours ago from our two-day drive, & our 10 mo. old puppy ate a bunch of leaves & such from our backyard for some reason & threw up a bunch of times. Hate to see her sick but I'm too tired & sensitive to smell right now to be cleaning up that much barf! She & DH are passed out in the bedroom now, though, so: hopefully all is well. / I finally told DH & not the way I'd anticipated, but it worked out great. I was going to wait til we had our "we're home!" xmas gift exchange, but he asked when I was getting AF & I was cagey so he asked if I was KU & I was more cagey--so I had us stop at a restaurant for dinner (we normally eat on the go when doing that drive) & told him then & I was glad I did. He was all emotional and excited. He made me keep the receipt for our dinner. 😊

Questions: I have like 12 million questions, but I forget all of them bc of the roadtrip! 
  • @MsBeachNJ I don't think blood draws are standard for regular OB practices.  I think people who get them usually have a loss history, have been seeing an RE, have some other special circumstances, or all of the above!
  • @msbeachnj (I was born & raised in South Jersey! I am guessing you live down the shore, from your handle.) Anyway, weighing in here on a few things: I have had hot flashes/night sweats some nights but not others! Also, have you considered spreading out your caffeine intake? It might help with the headaches. 1 cup of black tea has only 40 mg of caffeine, so if you do that 3 times a day, you're still under the limit, and it might help ward off the headaches. I like a strong cuppa PG Tips myself! And I have one in the morning and one in the afternoon. 
  • @kagesstarshroom Yes I am from the shore! Do you still live here? Thanks for the tips on caffeine intake, my body is actually super sensitive to caffeine, if I have a cup of coffee or anything caffeinated at lunch time or later,  I'm up all night! It stinks but I'll survive ;) 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept. 10th / 
    5wks 1day

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: 1st prenatal appointment Jan 30th

How are you feeling?: Bloated, but other than that, great! Although I did tear up at a news story about kids reading to a therapy dog lol 

Rants/Raves: Just ready for our first appointment! 3 more weeks seems like forever!

Questions: Wondering if the doctor will do an ultrasound during the first appointment. That would be exciting :)
  • @MsBeachNJ I had blood draws this time as standard because I was working with an infertility doctor.

But in the past I've had them from normal OB at my request (due to previous CPs). They are totally unnecessary but if it’s something you want you are entitled to ask for it!
    <3 DD born August 2016
    <3 2nd baby due 9.9.19
  • @MsBeachNJ I used to live in South Jersey, right outside Philly (& also used to live in Philly & a couple other NE/Mid-Atlantic cities), but I live in Louisiana now! & I'll reiterate the point above: the only reason I am having labs done is bc the OB's office wanted to considering my previous history (TW: loss I had a CP in Oct. of last year). I get my results from the first labs tomorrow! FX! 
  • k8nbk8nb member
    edited January 2019
    @kagesstarshroom I also eat fish, but I have a mostly vegan diet at home because my partner is vegan and also the one who does most of the cooking! Happily he is now cooking me fish. Most of my meals are still vegan though so I’m trying to be mindful of getting enough protein, calcium, vitamin b, iron, choline etc (something I didn’t worry about pre-pregnancy, for better or worse). I’m also happy to connect with other vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians/flexitarians to swap tips!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/13 (my best guess since my periods were irregular) 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 2/11 where I'll get the dating U.S. - feels like forever away right now.

How are you feeling?: Still in utter shock and disbelief! 

Rants/Raves: Random - I really like this group by due dates thread. It's new since I was here a year and a half ago. 

Questions: Nope.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/13 4 weeks 5 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed 

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 6th

How are you feeling?: Very tired today. But overall excited and now anxious. I don’t want to wait 4 weeks but I keep telling myself it will be worth it to see my little one. 

Rants/Raves: nothing sounds good to eat. I changed my mind about dinner 5 times tonight and then in the end I was so hungry I just picked the fastest one. At this point I am looking forward to cravings. At least I will know what I want. 

Questions: none. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/10 5 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): dot snail!  

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 6th

How are you feeling?: Tired and anxious! I hate the waiting part/unknown of how things are going in there. 

Rants/Raves: waiting!  It is just so hard!!! I want to know all the things about this baby right now. (Patience is not my strong suit).

Questions: any one else’s OB want them to “confirm” their pregnancy with their GP first? as in a blood or urine test? My OB we are with now is who we did our last half of pregnancy with (moved mid-pregnancy), but our original OB didn’t require this. Wasn’t sure how standard this was??
  • @Doggiedoc2016 The waiting is killing me too. It's like time is standing still.
  • @Doggiedoc2016 **tw previous loss**
    Before I had my cp & wasn't sure what was going on bc my OTC HPTs were super light, I went to my university health clinic and asked them to do a blood test bc they could see me right away & my GP couldn't, and they were like "oh if you are PG, your obgyn will need this sort of confirmation before they will see you anyway." So they faxed the test results to the office. But who knows if it was necessary bc...

This time, though, I just called my obgyn's office & was like "i'm pregnant!" & they were like "cool, let's schedule you for xyz" & that was that. So: I guess some offices do require it & others don't? Hence why the university clinic thought it was a requirement but, really, it wasn't for my obgyn's office?

@mommyshark13 the spring semester starts for me this upcoming Wed. & I have so much to do before the end of the month, that I feel like I can't tell if time is going to fly by without me having done all the stuff I need to do or be super slow bc 2/4 couldn't be farther away. I hope it's just slow enough I can get stuff done and just fast enough that it's 2/4 & my stuff is done & we're at the appointment like it's... I can't say tomorrow bc that would mean I didn't get all the stuff done I need to do haha!