August 2019 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 1/4

Hey Fit Mamas! How did this week go? What are your goals for next week?
Please share your workout routines and post links to gear/videos if that applies. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/4

• edited January 2019
    Apart from being a little sick at the beginning of the week, my gym attendance has been great! Still trying to concentrate on my core and back each day as well as the rest of my workouts. 
    Rave- my gym got a lot of new equipment 

• I'm on pelvic rest, which means no lifting or running..... But I didn't ask if I was allowed to do my yoga. I REALLY want to! I miss it! But I don't want to do anything risky.... I don't suppose anyone has been told by their care provider?
    Even really easy yoga. I don't need anything fancy....

• Loading the player...
  • My couch has been getting a workout this week! 

But I did go on a short walk yesterday and a longer one today while at work. Then I needed a nap. First trimester sucks and I'm really waiting for it to improve. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I totally killed this week 💪 

5 x yoga
    5 runs (1.5-2.5 miles)
    3 days of weightlifting

I use the Nike running app and love it, and when I’m stuck in the house with the kids, the Nike Training Center has great workouts I can do from home. 
  • I’m dying to be allowed to run again!  I have a 3 race weekend in February (5k, 10k, half) and I’m worried about the 6 weeks I’ve alreasy had to sit out.  
  • I’ve been continuing to run and lift weights, but have slowed down significantly, primarily because my doctor advised that I not exceed a HR of 150 for longer than an hour. Has anyone else’s doctor made similar recommendations?
  • @sw1122 - I haven’t had any recommendations from my doc yet but I’ll ask at my next visit.
  • @sw1122 my OB said to try to keep my HR below 170, which at this point is pretty easy because I feel awful when it gets around 160. I have fallen off the wagon this last couple of weeks. I was working out 4-6 days per week, but betweven the holidays and family in town plus feeling like garbage, I have barely worked out. I’m hoping to get back to it this week at least 3 days, hopefully 4. 
  • @mkrel  Thanks for this! This makes me feel much better. Before I started monitoring my HR, I’m pretty certain I exceeded 150 for longer than an hour and have been really worried about that. 
  • @sw1122 My doctor said to go by the conversation test. If you can still hold a conversation, you’re okay. In my orange theory classes I’ve made this a “singing test.” If I can still sing along to the music, I’m okay. Usually if HR gets above 160, I start struggling to sing and slow it down. 
  • @heml thanks!! I read about the conversation test online as well and have been using this as a check. I’ll follow your recommendation on making it a singing test just to be safe. 
  • @heml I do the “talk to myself” aka singing test too during our WODs to try and keep my heart rate down and the intensity lower than usual ☺️
    Aiming for minimum 4 days of working out/week since finding out I’m pregnant and I’ve been successful sooo far!
  • @crossfitmomtobe Glad I’m not the only singer! 4 workouts a week is awesome, need to catch some of your motivation
  • @heml I’m sure ppl think im crazy and talking to myself during my workouts hahaha