3rd Trimester

Primrose Oil &/or Dates ?

i got some dates and some evening primrose oil and have been eating 6 dates a day for about a week and been taking 500mg of evening primrose oil a day ... anyone had any experience with these helping cervix ? 

Re: Primrose Oil &/or Dates ?

• meggymemeggyme member
    i got some dates and some evening primrose oil and have been eating 6 dates a day for about a week and been taking 500mg of evening primrose oil a day ... anyone had any experience with these helping cervix ? 
    Your baby will come when they are ready, so whether these actually help or not will be purely anecdotal evidence.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Even with being on preterm watch and making it past 37 wks with DS nothing helped induce labor. None of these “tricks” will guarantee jumpstarting labor. Baby will come when it’s ready or when doctor feels it’s necessary to intervene. Also whatever you do DON’T use castor oil!
  • Loading the player...
  • Castor oil worked for me!!
    12pm - 2 Tbsp Castor oil 
    5pm - 1 Tbsp Castor oil
    5pm - diarrhea 
    6:30 - contractions start (belly hardening like basketball then soft, not regular spacing or painful at all)
    8:30 - diarrhea 
    9:30 - diarrhea 
    10:15 - diarrhea, contractions continue (still belly hardening like basketball then soft, not regular spacing or painful more than a belly ache), small tinge of pink blood
    11:00 - gush in underwear and another in toilet, blood tinged, more leaking while walking, called nurse about water breaking also not feeling kicks, said try to feel 8 kicks in an hour and if not call her
    11:30 -oj to give baby sugars to get kicking, lay down to feel movements 
    11:45 - more waters, tiny dark red clot
    11:49 - kicks, suddenly contractions so painful and close I can’t focus to pack
    12:30 - head to hospital 
    1:00 - check into hospital 
    1:30 - get a room 7 cm, 100% effaced
    2:00 - move to delivery room 10 cm, 100% 
    2:48 - baby! 08/29/2018, 7 lbs. 14 oz.

• Castor oil worked for me!!
    12pm - 2 Tbsp Castor oil 
    5pm - 1 Tbsp Castor oil
    5pm - diarrhea 
    6:30 - contractions start (belly hardening like basketball then soft, not regular spacing or painful at all)
    8:30 - diarrhea 
    9:30 - diarrhea 
    10:15 - diarrhea, contractions continue (still belly hardening like basketball then soft, not regular spacing or painful more than a belly ache), small tinge of pink blood
    11:00 - gush in underwear and another in toilet, blood tinged, more leaking while walking, called nurse about water breaking also not feeling kicks, said try to feel 8 kicks in an hour and if not call her
    11:30 -oj to give baby sugars to get kicking, lay down to feel movements 
    11:45 - more waters, tiny dark red clot
    11:49 - kicks, suddenly contractions so painful and close I can’t focus to pack
    12:30 - head to hospital 
    1:00 - check into hospital 
    1:30 - get a room 7 cm, 100% effaced
    2:00 - move to delivery room 10 cm, 100% 
    2:48 - baby! 08/29/2018, 7 lbs. 14 oz.

I would never recommend castor oil - nothing like having the craps while trying to labor and deliver 🤢
  • Castor oil can also lead to baby pooping early and meconium in your amniotic fluid could lead to much more serious complications for baby.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I did both with my first birth/pregnancy and had the longest labor... dilated slowly... etc. I’ll never eat a date again. Haha