Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment week of 1/7

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: IF Testing and Treatment week of 1/7

• Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 Justin Timberlake is a good one! Ohh the Nsync days! 
    @prpl11butterfly We had our next steps appointment on 1/2 and I have been MIA, just absorbing it all! I'm happy to hear your saline sono wasn't bad at all! I'll definitely take some ibuprofen beforehand. The unexplained dx is very frustrating. But I guess still better than having a "major" issue. I have my fx for you!

• @kiki047 OMG that email address! That legit made me laugh at my desk.  Does anyone know how JTT ended up looking as an adult? Cause looking back, I'm not sure why I was so worked up. 😂

@crookshanks10 I'll update you once it's over. I'm a little nervous too. 

@b_1029 FX so hard that you are a SS!!

@prpl11butterfly Eh, I feel kind of ambivalent. I'm definitely not anxious to get started. I'm generally a positive person, but after so many losses, I just don't believe they will find a cause and I don't know that I can move forward without one. Glad to hear your sono was NBD. I hope you're a SS on your first cycle too.  :)

@inthewoods23 Good luck!!!
  • Just in case anyone was wondering, JTT in spoiler.

• @ruby696 he's kinda nerdy but I'm into nerds...

• @nitnat007 I'm glad to hear your saline sono went well! I'm sure discussing donor sperm is a super hard conversation to have. I hope his next SA is better! So many things to worry about, but we only have control over so much!
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited January 2019
    @nitnat007 Oh man, that's a hard conversation to have. I would have hard time if we had to consider donor eggs and I imagine men would have the same feelings about donor sperm - at least initially. FX YH had better numbers next time and it's a non-issue. Hugs to you both.  <3

ETA: And I'm sure its hard for you too. I didn't mean to imply the difficulty was one-sided. 
  • @nitnat007 he said we should hear back from them on Fri. If alls normal it will be a message through portal, if not a call. I'm anxious everytime I get a call or my inbox dings. I can't imagine how MH would take that. I'm sure it was tough on both of you. I hope that if turns out to be unnecessary.
  • Remember when I thought I was having no side effects from the progesterone suppositories? Well, I gained another 3lbs since I last weighed myself (sometime last week?). I guess I have been looking a little bloated lately :( I still don't feel any different than normal, but I guess there is a difference in my body being on the progesterone. And here I thought I was special for having no side effects!

@nitnat007 FX you have a better SA in the future! Using donor sperm is such a difficult decision to make.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 what progesterone are you on? I'm going on Crinone (sp?) next cycle, IE aprox 4wks from now. I don't think I can be bloated....my pants barely button as it is and all my dresses make me look KU right now (thank you depression....)
  • @kobrien827 ugh, that super frustrating about having to wait but that's definitely a good sign your RE is really trying hard to set you up for success. FX this is just what you need for a successful FET! 
    @ruby696 Glad your first cycle is over and done with. GL with the saline sono. // is it just me or does JTT actually kinda resemble Tim Allen? lol it's weird when kids end up resembling their TV parents even when there's no relation. Props to the casting director for nailing that one I guess! 
    @crookshanks10 My saline sono was pretty traumatic but I'm beginning to think they hit a nerve which is why I almost hit the roof. Everyone else I've talked to has said it was no big deal. I took the Advil an hour before as directed, but the tech said that's not actually for the pain, it's to relax the muscles so there's less resistance to the catheter. 
    @prpl11butterfly I'm hoping that's how bodies work... can letrozole "teach" my ovaries how they're supposed to function? lol. Goooo muscle memory! (even tho they're not muscles). 
    @b_1029 I forgot about BSB/ 'N Sync. I was team Howie/Lance though. 
    @inthewoods23 sorry about the bloating. I'm keeping all the things crossed for you though! Your testing date is coming up so soon!
    @ninat007 hugs to you and YH. That's a really tough conversation to have, for both of you. FX for better SA results and in the meantime GL with your product switches. I did a half-assed switch last year, mostly just transitioning to glass containers, trying to find more natural household cleaners, etc. I didn't go so far as to switch out my shampoos/makeup/etc yet. It's hard! I also couldn't give up my lysol wipes, lol. 

I found a screenshot of a yearbook comment from 2002... cringeworthy, yet so amusing lol. Think anyone will try to email me in 20 years? I tried logging in but it's been disabled :lol: 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I think we should have a GTKY featuring the embarrassing  email addresses from out youth. Mine was FluffWhiteCat@ .com because why? No clue. 
  • @kiki047 If anyone ever asks, you can always say it was a fake email address... but the fact that it was real is completely hilarious.

Okay question for all the saline sono ladies. My doctor says 600mg advil or motrin for cramping. I still have my rx from my last loss, which is hydrocod+apap 5+325 - it's specifically for cramping. Am I being a total baby if I take one of those instead?
  • @prpl11butterfly I have no idea. It's the suppositories though.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited January 2019
    @ruby696 perhaps. But as long as it's not going to impair you, you could. I honestly think you'll be fine with the advil (I did take 800 and not 6 though)

Eta..

@inthewoods23 mine will be as well. I asked the guy and he said they are stored at room temp so probably not.

And!! Earlier they told me the copay would be $175. Crazy. But whatevs, gotta do it. I didn't have my FSA card so had to call back tonight. The guy commented on how high the copay was. He goes "can I put you on hold and check something with that real quick" of course I said yes (actually I said "as long as you come back and tell me its cheaper"). Came back 5min later and goes "so I was able to get that down to 35 for you". I couldn't beleive it.
  • @prpl11butterfly score!

When I got the letrozole last month the pharmacy didn't have my new insurance when they filled it and I saw that it's like, $120 without insurance. They finally asked me for it and reprinted the medication sheet and it went down to $3. Thanks insurance!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @crookshanks10 So true. We tend to get so obsessive with this process, but we also need to practice the art of letting go too! For our sanity sake. 

@ruby696 Thank you. You are right, it is a really hard conversation to have and I am not sure how I would feel if it we were discussing egg donors instead. I know that he is really hurt by it all and is struggling to process and accept it as a possibility. We both are. Maybe I am handling it better as he TW* has a bio son from a previous marriage *TW however this would be my first and only shot. Will have to see how the next few months progress.
    Also, if you feel you need the extra meds for the sono, go for it. Advil was enough for me, and I think I may have only taken 400mg. 

@prpl11butterfly Ugh, I hope that Friday comes quickly for you and that it is a simple inbox ding that chimes and not a tough phone conversation when the time comes. Score on lower prices for meds too!! Love that. 

@inthewoods23 I definitely felt side effects on the suppositories. I still feel like I am trying to get that weight gain off too. But....that also has something to do with the holidays too?! Meh...blaming the meds lol. 

@kiki047 I am struggling to give up my kitchen surface cleaner too! I worry that things are not getting "clean" enough. In the process of researching laundry detergent options. Checking out reviews on the "ecoegg".
  • @nitnat007 I don't know how I missed you in my string of tags. Sorry. I'm so sorry your at this point, having these hard conversations. I hope you guys don't have to go that route. Your diagnosis intrigues me. My RE wont do a more in-depth SA. It's always in the back of my mind that there could be something more wrong with MH even tho all his other numbers look good besides morphology being on the low end. For the IUIs they give us the count and the % motility but don't mention the morphology. It's frustrating.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 omg yes I completely agree with that! Sometimes his acting was so weird! He was pretty good in the TV show Wilfred though
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @prpl11butterfly I’m so sorry for the unexplained DX. That has to be incredibly disheartening. Keeping my FX for you. 

@nitnat007 that would be such a hard conversation to have. I’m sorry it didn’t go well but it’s understandable, I know men tend to be pretty sensitive about this stuff and it’s just overall difficult. I hope the next SA comes back better! And I know I’ve said this before, but seriously, awesome job on making that lifestyle change! 

@LJMoon6 oh man that sounds a bit tramautic. I’m glad the second nurse was able to get it done and help you relax! FX for you! I’m glad you’re feeling good about it! 
  • @ruby696 if I knew I could've taken something stronger that would've helped with the cramping, I'd have taken alll the things. So if you're worried about it, I'm no doctor but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. 
    @LJMoon6 that's super weird (and a little concerning?) that the first nurse couldn't find your cervix. I'm sorry that was such a traumatic experience. I had an absolutely awful time at my saline sono because of the cramping and discomfort so if we need to move to IUI I'm going to need a lot of hand holding and will probably need to be sedated (it was that bad). Thank god for the second nurse. FX this is the last time you have to do anything like that for a good long while! GL with the progesterone! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @LJMoon6 the entrance or the exit of the cervix? Weirdly they could see the end of my cervix, but for some reason had a really hard time getting the catheter through. Straightened it out and it went in easy.

@kiki047 my cramping during the IUI was less uncomfortable to me than my cramping during the HSG. Probably because those that work in a fertility clinic are a lot more compassionate than a regular OB! Or maybe they've done it so much they do a better job at recognizing how to help you from feeling so much cramping.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Good luck @inthewoods23! FX so hard for you! 
  • @kiki047 I don't think it's that weird that she couldn't find my cervix (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I have a tilted uterus (and cervix. Or are these the same thing?) My cervix is located to the right and up from where a normal cervix would be. I've been told that a tilted uterus could be genetic (I think my mom had it too) but I also have moderate scoliosis so it could be from that. My back is shaped like an S. I'm assuming some of my organs are shifted because of it. I've always been told that it doesn't affect fertility. *shrug* I'm sorry to hear how painful the sono was. The nurse this time told me that the first time is usually more painful because it's the first time a catheter has been up there. Your uterus kinda gets used to it and doesn't freak out as much the second or third time. Hopefully it wont be as bad for the iui.

@inthewoods23 She couldn't find the entrance (like the entire cervix). She just kept digging around in my vagina lol. It sounds different from what you experienced. They have no problem threading the catheter through. Good luck today!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 Welp, now I'm really hoping my RE can find my cervical opening during Monday's saline sono. I have a tilted uterus too. If there's a chance there could be digging around, I'm definitely taking better pain meds 😂
  • @ruby696 I also have a tilted ute and had 0 issues. Its was super smooth sailing for me.
  • I posted about it in the TWW thread, but BFN for me :'( I hope the next ones, if any, aren't as difficult as that was to hear.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause