Pregnant after IF

1ST Trimester Check in 1/7/19

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited January 2019 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along are you/ EDD?
  • How are you feeling/any symptoms?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • Any thoughts/questions/concerns?
  • What food or drink are you missing the most ??
@mamak225
@teenad82
@telda715
@blackhottamales
@suzycupcake
@elvedon

Re: 1ST Trimester Check in 1/7/19

• @ndz2018
    As long as it's pasteurized, you should be able to eat brie :smile:
    One of my favorite cheeses!!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • @mbradfo2 I'll be looking for pasteurized  brie this week!! Brie with grapes and crackers is my JAM!!!
  • @ndz2018
    Yes!! I was actually in France during the first tri of my first ever BFP and it was paaaaiiiinfuuulll. All of that lovely wine and cheese I had to say no to....
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 You poor thing! That sound like torture! Oh how I miss a glass of Cabernet :(
  • *lurking* ndz2018 My OB is totally on board with Brie, provided it’s pasteurized and heated up. I had some delicious baked Brie at Christmas, haha. I’m not sure why she specified heated for Brie, because I would have thought pasteurized was fine. Also, I think most packaged cheeses in the US are pasteurized so it should be pretty easy for you to find. :-)
  • this brie comes in individually wrapped wedges and is pasteurized! i keep it in my fridge at work when i'm feeling peckish + crackers at my desk! 

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/president-brie-wheel/685996

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @ndz2018 congrats on your BOY!

• How far along are you/ EDD? 12+4
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? feeling good this week so far, I ate a lot yesterday so i think i got my appetite back but who knows, this baby is funny--who knows what he/she wants.
    • Any upcoming appointments? tomorrow's GD test and first actually appointment with my OB. oh but i just got the call from the doctor with NIPT results--everything looks good. Still team green 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? no new ones. 
    • What food or drink are you missing the most ?? Salami and margaritas (the virgin ones make me feel like I’m drinking pure sugar)
  • Hi everyone sorry I’ve been MIA over Christmas and NY - we had a lovely break, including from social media and boards! 
    @ndz2018 congrats on the test results and getting to your 12 week appointment. 

• How far along are you/ EDD? 11weeks today, EDD 07/30/2019
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? My fatigue has almost completely subsided and otherwise feeling much better as well. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Saturday for the all important 12 week scan. I’m still nervous. I will then be referred to by OB who I know from my last pregnancy. 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Praying I don’t need to get a cerclage for incompetent cervix again this pregnancy! It is so debilitating (no exercise, no sex, no swimming, lots of bed rest, constant worry...). Wish me luck! I’ll find out at 14-15 weeks I think. 
    • What food or drink are you missing the most ?? I’d really like a glass of wine! 
    @blackhottamales I feel you! Have you tried a Virgin Bloody Mary? I love them because they’re a bit sour and don’t taste like those sugary virgin cocktails. 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• How far along are you/ EDD?  9w3d / 08-09-19                        
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? My greatest symptom has been and still is extreme fatigue. I also can’t eat much. I get full really fast and if I eat too much I feel absolutely terrible. 
    • Any upcoming appointments?  I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday. 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? No. Just the usual concerns that come with pregnancy. 
    • What food or drink are you missing the most ?? I’m a very picky eater so I didn’t eat much before and I’m pretty much eating the same things. I wasn’t much of a drinker either 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • You guys thank you for the Brie suggestions momma is going to the food store tonight!  ;)

@flanners1 Thank you! And I miss My wine so much too!! 
    @blackhottamales Thanks we had transferred a male embryo so we already knew from the day he was put in but it’s nice to get it confirmed. 
    @teenad82   How exciting your first OB app is this week!! Good luck! 

So the past couple nights I’ve been having nightmares about the baby and one in particular freaked me out because in the dream we went for an u/s and didn’t hear a heartbeat. So last night I got home and broke out the Doppler and couldn’t find it I didnt Freak out just yet bc I know I suck at finding it. When MH got home he told me to lay down and he will look for it and poof in less than a minute I could Hear this little guys heart fluttering such a relief. Sometimes I wonder when or if I’ll ever feel confident with this pregnancy. 
    OH and cats out of the bag at work some people have such big mouths! I wanted To wait till the end of this month to start telling people at work but just shy of 12 weeks!  Obviously my close coworkers know but not the whole damn place. 
  • @ndz2018 good on you for not freaking out! i was just telling @mbradfro2 in 2nd tri that i'm not a good candidate for doppler b/c i would totally spiral out if i couldn't find the HB. so instead, i just sit with low-level anxiety all the time.  i'm still on bump watch and kick watch, so without those cues... my IF brain is still driving this boat! :\ 

glad you're going to get to indulge in some brie! :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 Thanks but If he didn't find it i def would have had a melt down but every time I've tried myself I can't find it and he can. 
  • GD 1 hr Screening went well-I passed which took some pressure off me so that’s nice. 
    We got to hear the heart beat for the first time today!! 156. OB had a little hard time finding it (@ndz2018 I thought of you) but she was like “well that sugar has the baby moving all around” and the. Was able to get it right before going to an ultrasound. 
    Stupid me—I didn’t realize how low baby really is so that was also a learning experience. 

I wish the communcation regarding appointments was better. My OB talks so fast about a lot of stuff and the did the Doppler and was then done. So I went up to the front desk and made my next appointment-in 4 weeks but they scheduled me with a nurse? I’m now second guessing that it should actually be with the OB. I’ll email them tomorrow and confirm. 
  • Hey y'all, lurking here but I was on the IVF threads with some of you ladies so I wanted to share a few non-alcoholic beverages that have been saving my sanity through pregnancy. I'm a beer snob and wine lover so I feel qualified to provide information.
    If you're craving a fizzy champagne type drink I recommend: Sutter Home Fre Brut. Now I'm not gonna lie, this won't be a crisp, dry, mouthwatering experience. However, it's the closest thing I've found to Prosecco and while it's a bit sweet it's not cloying like sparkling cider. Its mouthfeel is decent - the bubbles help create the illusion of enjoying a glass of the good stuff.
    If you're craving a pale ale: Clausthaler with hops. This one made me double check the label because it tasted so close to the pale ales I love. Or maybe it's because decent beer hasn't touched my lips since last August, who knows. Anyway, I keep this in my fridge and pop one open while cooking a couple nights a week. Drinking a beer or a glass of wine while I make dinner is very relaxing to me and I miss it very much.
    If you're craving a Heinken: Buckler (imported from the Netherlands) or Kaliber by Guinness. They're both a bit sweeter than I'd like but are good enough that I can drink one if I'm missing that specific flavor.
    If you're just missing the buzz then I'm afraid I can't help you there. There is zero buzz enjoyed with any of these drinks (as it should be). But if you miss the flavor and mouthfeel these are decent substitutions. Thankfully pregnancy is very temporary. I am looking forward to popping a bottle of champagne when I'm home from the hospital and celebrating the end of my childbearing days.
  • @wishiwaspreggo Thank you so much for those suggestions!! I’m gonna have to give the Sutter Home Fre Brut a try! Though I’m not gonna lie... i do miss the buzz too :p
  • lol, thanks for the tips @wishiwaspreggo!  how come you're not posting with us in 2nd tri? :) you're only 4 days ahead of me! :)

• Hello ladies, Happy New Year! 

@blackhottamales I'm with you on the fast appointments. They are probably so used to it that they forget there are some of us that feel like every appointment where we get to see/hear baby is the holy grail of life. I hope that it can be communicated to slow it down a bit so you can enjoy things a bit longer next time. 

@ndz2018 <3 I would've freaked out too. What doppler did you end up getting?

• How far along are you/ EDD? 8w3d
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Still feel about the same, not much.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next stop is 10w1d u/s on 1/21
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? No. I will say that we feel much more calm regarding stopping meds at 10 weeks than before. The only worry now is that I don't want to experience a hormone crash. There have been enough crazy hormone shifts over the past seven years. We got to hear his heart beat today. I was freaking out expecting there to be awful news *TW We experienced loss early last year /TW  . . . . . 185! All I wanted to do was stay there and listen to him forever. It feels more real now.
    • What food or drink are you missing the most ?? Not missing any food. I do miss red wine and bloody marys. My jam. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake It just says Fetal Doppler on it I sent you a pm with a pic of it.

@blackhottamales I always thought they did the GD test later in pregnancy? Should I be asking about it at my 12 week appointment on Monday??

Tomorrow morning is my 12 week NT scan... even though we did PGS plus I did the MaterniT21 test and they all came back normal I'm still super nervous about tomorrow. BUT I am excited to see this little guy bouncing around the womb :). One thing that annoys me is that all the ultrasounds are done outside the OBs office by a technician so I wont be able to go over it till my 12 week appointment scheduled for Monday at 2pm.  OH well.

To the my first, second or third trimester ladies ( @northbeach3 @kristimh80 , @wishiwaspreggo or anyone else who'd like to chime in ) does anyone know what we'll be going over at our 12 week OB appointment?? Thank you ladies!!!
  • @ndz2018 no--i have a high BMI around 37 so they tested early.  Normally the first check is 24-28 weeks. Also we did NIPT even though we did PGS and i agree i was still nervous and very relieved when i got the call it was normal.  

Puking is back today. the worst was it was super painful.  I think i didn't drink enough water yesterday?

In spoiler -don't read if you have a weak stomach
    I basically just puked my eggs and toast breakfast--it was really dry and hurt so much coming up. Has this happened to anyone else? Like i didn't have any stomach bile that came out with it. Maybe i ate it too quickly, i'm not sure but it was horrible.  I also happened to be in the shower at the time so that made it even worse because i had to then clean it up. ugh. not a great start to week 13.
  • @ndz2018 They did do a quick ultrasound for their records. Did some bloodwork but I declined some the genetic tests since had PGS and thought it wasn't needed. So know, you don't have to do every little test they ask. MH was paranoid about the spina bifida blood test, I did it not thinking, then cancelled it but was too late. Everything was fine regardless. There are some tests, like that one, we knew wouldn't make a difference to us because it wasn't like we'd not have the baby either way. Most your OB appts will consist of peeing in a cup, BP and doppler. :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Yeah up to this point, OB appts are quick and minor. Weight, Bp, fundal height, and Doppler. Verbal check in and out the door. 

Good of luck with 12w scan! It’s a good one :)

• @ndz2018 awe hi little man!! So glad everything went well today! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 Thanks! I’m so glad everything went well too. It’s like I build up all this anxiety about these appointments and as soon as I see Little man on the screen all that aniexty is replaced with pure joy! 
  • Congrats on the great scan @ndz2018!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Congrats on scan @ndz2018! How many weeks will you be at march scan? 

• @blackhottamales Oh no and in the shower? Sorry. How are you feeling today?

@ndz2018 Wow, that’s a great scan! Baby looks so incredible. It’s understandable to have anxiety after going through not only IF (which has its own anxiety) but loss on top of that. Just remember that you’re not alone. Hugs. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2019
    @northbeach3 My next u/s is actually on Feb 8th I’ll be 16 weeks, then March 8th  I’ll be 20 weeks and then for the fetal Echo Screen on March 18th at 22 weeks. I’m glad they are being proactive and keeping an eye on everything. It also allows me to see the little man more often  :)
  • Hi again all!  

How far along are you/ EDD?  7w3d, Aug 28

How are you feeling/any symptoms? Same with the constant peeing and bloating etc, but this week the heartburn. Oof.

Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound Monday, 1/14

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?  I’ve been having a bit of watery brown discharge in the mornings when I wake up. It was freaking me out, but my RE is unconcerned and thinks it’s the Endometrium I insert in the evening irritating my cervix.

What food or drink are you missing the most ??  Am I ridiculous for saying black caviar?  I love it and it is absolutely off limits, which makes me want it even more. 😭

• @ndz2018 those pictures are ADORABLE!