Infertility

Feb 2019 FET

I didn’t see a discussion for this yet. Anyone else out there doing a transfer in February? I just got the call today that we have one PGS tested “normal” embryo so we will be moving forward with our transfer in February. 

Re: Feb 2019 FET

• I’m also doing a transfer in February. We were hoping for a FET in January, but my RE wanted a re-biopsy for ERA testing. We also have one PGS normal embryo. FX that February is our month!
  • I am doing a FET in February. Tentative transfer date is 2/7 as long as everything moves along the way it should. I go in 1/16 to be cleared to start. Fingers crossed for us all ♡♡
  • Loading the player...
  • Just got my protocol, tentative transfer date is 2/6. FX that February is a great month for all of us!!!
  • I’m hoping to do a February FET. Had my retrieval in December, but out of 5 fertilized, only one made it to testing. Anxiously awaiting those results. If it’s abnormal, we will do another stim round in a February. GL all :)
  • @marianmet FX you get some good results soon!!
  • @aconklin214 my tentative transfer is 2/7 also! I hope everything goes well at your appointment next week!

AFM, I had my biopsy this morning. Now I just have to wait until CD 1 to schedule my baseline. 

• @vetgirl2011 that is awesome. Hopefully we both get to transfer on the same day.  Fingers crossed everything looks good. 

My meds arrived today and it is so weird not having to refrigerate anything. The PIO already has me freaking out but I will do anything to ensure success. Last BC pill tomorrow and then 5 days till BL/US and hopefully the green light to start. 

• Hi all!

I decided this morning that we’re going to go ahead with a February FET. We’re doing an endometrial scratch this month in preparation. I’ve never had a scratch before, and tips on what to expect?

We’re also going PIO for the first time this time around. It’ll be my 4th transfer but we’ve done suppositories previously. 

Good luck to all of us!!
  • I'm scheduled for a transfer on the 4th. We did ivf in December and one had one egg, but it fertilized, and we froze it on day 4, good luck to everyone!
  • I was cleared today to start meds tonight. Yippee. Estrace all over haha. We did an egg retrieval in December and out if 10 eggs got 2 day 5 blasts. We have decided to only transfer one. Next appointment is next Friday. 
  • Hi! New to this discussion. Did a Fresh Transfer in July- Negative    FET in December (not sure if they placed an embryo-- long story)-negative... so here we are for another FET for February. We are set for Sunday, February 24th. Planning on one embryo since we only have 2 left.... I am not ready for this to be my last try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So exciting, looks like we are all getting started!! I have my blood work and US appointment tomorrow!
  • I had my baseline today, and am good to go! Welcome, @megmac2010 @Kriztyn @nattiemom2be
  • aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited January 2019
    Is anyone else on Estradiol patches? I apply 2 patches every 2 days and remove the old. But I seem to be having an issue with them sticking for longer then 12 hours without needing to be reinforced. This is my first FET so I have zero experience with the patches. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? 
  • @aconklin214 ugh that sounds frustrating! I’m on pills so I don’t have any experience with patches. Is there a nurse line you could call? They might have some tips. 
  • @char245 a friend of mine did a FET 4 years ago and used the patches so I called her after posting. She had the same problem and just added paper tape to hold them down. Looks like the patches just have crappy adhesive lol. I'm doing the pills also and find them so much easier then these darn patches. 
  • @aconklin214 oh that’s a good idea! You would think if they want them to stay on that long that they would make them more sticky, but nothing about this process is easy lol. 
  • cimicacimica member
    edited January 2019
    Hi, ladies!  I'm new to this forum.  My egg retrieval was done in May 2018.  Retrieved 23 eggs and 17 fertilized.  11 made it to 5-day blasts.  Used 2 blasts for a fresh transfer and froze 9.  Fresh transfer was for end of May 2018 . . . BFN.  Now scheduled for an FET on Feb 25th.  Doc says we will try 2-2-3.  Two embies for this FET.  If it fails, try another two.  If that fails, use the last 3.  But, I am not a spring chicken.  I am 44 years old, no children!  I did have an ectopic pregnancy over 10 years ago.  Had my tubes removed in 2017.  I am thinking of telling my doc that I want to use 3 embies.  One reason, my age.  Second, my job.  It's a matter of timing for my job.  Summers would be impossible for me to take off.  Also, I didn't do any testing on the embies.  The quantity of eggs for my age is great!  But the quality may not be.  That's why I want to try 3 blasts for this FET.  I rather have a better chance sooner than later.  I had an ultrasound done last week.  Doc found that my uterus was on the small side.  I have a procedure set for this Thursday.  He will make little cuts in my uterus to see if it bleeds.  If so, then great!  He will make more cuts to enlarge my uterus a bit.  Wondering why this wasn't caught during my fresh transfer?  I'm a bit nervous and feeling very pessimistic overall about everything working out.  Wish me luck!!  Let's keep in touch!
  • @cimica 9 frozen is amazing! I’m 39 and don’t have any children either. Good luck on your procedure Thursday! Let us know how it goes.
  • Hey everyone I’m new to this site. First IVF cycle started in Jan. Just did my egg retrieval last Wednesday, retrieved 32. I think they overdid it a little bit (27 years old, male factor infertility). I am finally able to go back to work I have had so much fluid in my abdomen to the point my chest was even uncomfortable. They have me on Cabergoline. Out of the 32, 17 fertilized, and then they called me yesterday saying 11-12 should be froze, but then called today with the final report of 5 being froze. Don’t know why they gave me such a high number beforehand. Has this happened to anyone? I sure hope 5 eggs will be enough. We plan on Feb transfer, unsure of date so far just depends when I start my cycle. 
  • @cimica good on on your procedure tomorrow! 
    @ekb2016 based on all the different ladies experiences on here that I’ve read that seems pretty common to me. The way I look at it is it only takes one and the best are the ones that were able to freeze. I keep telling myself that because we only have one! 
  • @char245 Ok good to hear. They didn’t really explain to me over the phone. But that’s right just 1! Fingers crossed for us! 🤞🤞
  • @ekb2016 yikes, I was petrified to develop OHSS. I hope you're feeling better. When I did my retrieval in December my doc told me to take the eggs we obtained and cut that number in half. Then cut it in half again and that is around what you should have in the end. I started with 10 eggs, 8 fertilized and have 2 frozen after having 5 stay strong until the 4th day. 5 is a great number and the math is close. Like @char245 said, it only takes one  :)
  • I just had my ultrasound, I'm ten days out and my lining was 5 mm. My RE said that's what he expected of me (I have dor, and don't respond to meds very well) he increased my estradiol from 8 mg a day to 12. What should it be at by today? I know the higher the better and somewhere around 9 is optimal
  • I had my US and BW this morning. I'm 9 days in. Lining was a 6, was 3.6 on clearance day. Estrace increased from 4mg to 6mg. Doc said lining is right on track. I go back next Friday. 

@nattiemom2be hopefully the increase will get that lining to a 9. My doc said she wants to see over 8. I think the average is between 5-6 at this point. 
  • I had my recheck ultrasound today. My lining is at 9mm, and I’m scheduled for FET on 2/4! 

@cimica how did your procedure go?
    @char245 have you had a recheck ultrasound yet?

• Hey everyone!  I am new to this site and this is my first online post...ever.  My tentative transfer day is February 19th.  I am very excited but also guarded.  My husband and I, both 29, started IVF in October due to male factor infertility.  We retrieved 27 eggs and had 17 embryos survive past the 5 day growth with ICSI.  After PGS testing, we have 11 frozen embryos.  Our first FET was scheduled for November, but it got cancelled at the last minute.  Apparently, my lining could have been thicker, and I had an excess amount of fluid in my uterus that was preventing a successful transfer.  Has anyone else experienced, or heard about, having too much fluid that prevented transfers? My doctor said it was a side effect from the estrogen, so we are trying a new, more gradual estrace schedule.  So hopefully that works.  We plan to only transfer one embryo, and I am very excited, but I'm also nervous that it will be cancelled again due to the same issues. 

• @vetgirl2011 my recheck is this Thursday, if all goes well I’ll be two days behind you on 2/6!
    @ceriley1welcome! That’s awesome that you have so many frozen!! I don’t have any experience with the excess fluid but wish you lots of luck on this cycle! 
  • @vetgirl2011 that is so exciting and awesome. I am dying for Friday to get here for my next check. 

@ceriley1 welcome. I am sorry about your canceled FET. I am new to the IVF world and never heard of fluid, just lining not thickening. My husband and I (both 30) are doing IVF because I have bad eggs and we have had multiple losses. I am also very guarded, while my husband is ever the optimist lol. Fingers crossed this time everything works out perfectly. 
  • @ceriley1 my transfer is also scheduled for the 19th! And similar to me too is that I am doing IVF because of male factor. I have never heard of the fluid before, but seems like a strange thing so hopefully I won’t happen twice! I think we are going to go all in and transfer 2 embryos. When do you have your baseline? I don’t have mine until the 11th (seems like a lot of others go in much sooner). 
  • Hello all, I also am doing a FET in February my transfer is scheduled for Feb. 7th. We did an IVF cycle in late November and have one frozen embryo we will be transferring from that cycle. It only takes one right:) We are also doing IVF due to male factor. 

Baby dust and best of luck to all of you, excited to be on this journey together February FET ladies! 
    **bfp & child warning***

IVF #1 - September 2012 = CP - BFN
    FET #1 - November 2012 = BFP!!!!
    DS - Born July 2013
    FET #2 - January 2015 = BFP!!!!!
    DS - Born September 2016
    IVF #2 - prep in progress, retrieval date November 2018
  • @ceriley1 I have a friend that went through the same thing with the fluid. They switched her protocol and she didn’t have any fluid the next cycle (and got pregnant!) Hopefully the new protocol works well for you!

@faithhopelove01 welcome! A few of us only have one frozen, but it definitely only takes one! 😊 
  • I finish the pill on Friday and then will have my baseline and blood work on February 6th. Will be on Estrace pills, Ganirelix injections for 13 days for our FET on February 24th. 

Anyone taking any vitamin supplements? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kriztyn I do! I take vitamin e and d. 
  • I just realized I have a blood draw tomorrow but no ultra sound. So I had an ultrasound on cd 1 and CD 10, and then the fet will be close to cd 20. Does that sound right? I wish they would just check the lining tomorrow
  • @ekb2016 I had my baseline on 1/21 but I don't go in again until 2/12.  The upcoming appointment determines if I get the green light for the transfer.  I am a bit worried because I stopped BCP a few days ago and AF hasn't shown up yet.  I know it can take a few days, but I'm worried it wont come and it will affect my lining.  Everything makes me worried nowadays haha.  Its hard because my Drs made it sound like it would be so easy because it was male factor.  Now that we have the embryos, I feel like all the pressure is on me.  Lets hope the 19th happens, and is successful, for both of us

@vetgirl2011 Thats so reassuring, thank you for letting me know! 

@Kriztyn I am doing coenzyme Q10, Vitamin D, baby aspirin, prenatals with 200mg DHA
  • @ceriley1 I never got my period before starting the Estrace. I ended BC and started Estrace the next day so there was no time but my doc said it didn’t matter if I got it or not. 
  • @ceriley1 I know right? Our doctors did the same thing- you guys are young I’m sure it’s nothing serious, and here we are doing IVF lol. But I’m not stressing about it, just going with the flow, it is what it is. I hope it works out for you though, and you get the go ahead for this month! Fingers crossed! 
  • @faithhopelove01 I am also scheduled for the 7th. Only takes one ♡

@Kriztyn good luck on your baseline. I'm taking prenatals, 81mg aspirin, and a vitamin for MTHFR. 

@nattiemom2be I had a US on CD1, CD10. I'm due for another on CD 17 with transfer on CD23. With so many different protocols I've read and seen, I always feel so confused. My doc is sono happy, I had 6 for my ER alone. 

@ceriley1 my AF never showed up. Doc said it was fine. My lining has moved along perfectly so I guess she was right. Totally get the worry. I always have the worst anxiety right before my appointments thinking something bad is going to happen. 
  • @aconklin214 dang I am so wishing I had one on cd 17 too, it would make me feel so much better. You'll be 3 days behind me, hopefully 🙏