August 2019 Moms

Preggo Noms, 1.3.19

Hey ladies! Hope the nausea isn't hitting you too hard (hugs for those with HG).

What have you been able to stomach this week?

Any "cures" for nausea you've stumbled across (excluding Diclegis, unisom +B6, or Zofran)?

How are you trying to stay healthy in your food choices?

Re: Preggo Noms, 1.3.19

• I've already mentioned this in other threads, but I'm currently living off of crackers, chicken broth, dinner rolls, protein cookies, and ramen from my favorite Japanese restaurant in town. Anything not soup-like or bread-like is pretty much anathema, but I have been able to keep down yogurt on a couple of occasions (Noosa, if you're wondering).

Drinking a small amount (8 oz) of Simply Lemonade before bed has been helping me cope with midnight/early morning nausea.

I've given up, frankly. I'm relying on the buttload of vitamins I'm taking to do the job.
  • My nausea has been so awful I've lost a pound this month from not wanting to eat much. 
    Things I have been able to eat- toast with butter and jelly, and steak tostadas lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • My nausea, gagging, and vomiting have really set in this week. I’m 10 weeks today so thought I was lucky and missed out on the not so lovely feels of MS. I guess not. I have found sour and salty things helpful. Pickles, crackers and cheese, and watered down lemonaide have been my go tos. I have also been told for sever nausea to try and bite into something really sour like a lemon and that should help curb the worst of it.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @deecherise Noosa is my second favorite yogurt!
  • @Beauxbaton I love it because it's sour and I'm pretty sweet aversive! What's your favorite yogurt?
  • @deecherise my favorite is liberté vanilla bean. It's pretty sweet, but see delicious. And my third favorite is Oui by yoplait. If you like the tangu aspect of Noosa you'd probably like the flavor profile of oui. It's a really thick yogurt.
  • If there are any ladies in here with HG, please check out the HG check in thread. They are in need of ladies who can relate to support each other. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I can’t eat much in the AM or day. Night is usually better. This morning I had bread and fruit but promptly threw it all up. I’m worried because I always throw up like 15 mins after taking my vitamins so what if they’re not getting to my blood in time. Haven’t tried to eat more yet. I really want sugary juice or a coke but I don’t feel like leaving the hotel. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I just finished grocery shopping and now I'm sitting in my car by myself eating cheese curds before I go home. Don't want to share.
  • @elizabeth_1985 😂😂😂😂

I've been doing that lately because my dog has been extra clingy and beggarish.

@AKuzReve room service? Spluurrrge.

I recently discovered that jello is actually delicious without alcohol and really helps in the "so hungry I'm nauseous, but too nauseous to eat" department. One of my mommy friends told me about it.
  • @WinchesterGirl You wrote a haiku about food. I think I'm in love. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Pickles are life.
  • @suzycupcake I told my H about equating eating while pregnant to the munchies without ingesting pot. He asked if he could be pregnant lol.
  • For some reason I’m really craving that weird chia seed gelatinous texture. I had a smoothie with it yesterday, and broke down and made a giant batch of chia seed pudding this morning to last a few days (watch as of tomorrow I get an aversion to it lol) 

Other than that it’s all salt and briny acid all the time. I just had a pre-dinner snack of crackers topped with smoked salmon-flavored cream cheese, anchovies, and capers and it was the besssssttttt
  • I am currently eating tuna fish and crackers. My DH made the tuna and put in an obscene amount of mayo!! It's sooo good!
  • @cato99 Your smoked salmon cream cheese sounds amazing. Its definitely going on the grocery list. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Tacos and horchata. Going down right now. The do not disturb sign is on my door. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Thanks to @ElcaB I am now craving a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich.

I have a serious aversion to garlic right now. My husband is Italian and is beginning to think our embryologist was involved in a drunken mixup and coverup. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Give me all the spaghetti, & nobody gets hurt!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I had a massive meatball sub craving...picked one up from a local sandwich shop, and it was so perfect! Extra cheese, extra marinara 😋😋😋
  • Poptarts with butter happened. This is getting ridiculous. I was an organic whole foods girl and now I’m like just give me all the cake! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• This week it has all been about fruit and bagels for me.  I'm having a hard time with vegetables and meats, but doing my best to keep getting protein and healthy foods. The only thing that seems to keep my nausea away is ABE - always be eating. Now that I'm back at work after winter break that is proving to be more difficult, and I'm way more tired. Looking forward to this (hopefully) going away in a few weeks when my second tri gets here!
  • @drmrsthecounselor I second the ABE. I've already gained 10 lbs. I also gained a ton of weight (60 lbs) with my first two pregnancies because of ABE...But have been fortunate to get it off post pregnancy.
  • @drmrsthecounselor I'm right there with you on struggling with meats and vegetables! Meats, more so, but vegetables just sound disgusting.

I've been living off of grilled cheese & tomato soup (the Campbell's kind you just mix with milk and heat... not some good kind lol) and the occasional PB&J. I can usually handle fruit, and have been craving pomegranates and oranges. 
  • So I was really good and put three servings of fruit in my lunch today. (One was a dole fruit cup, but it still totally counts!) I mentioned to my DH that I was proud of my lunch, and he said "Why, because you snuck a hot chocolate packet in?"!!!
    I love him, and he is amazing, I love him, and he is amazing, I love him, and he is amazing...
  • This week it has all been about fruit and bagels for me.  I'm having a hard time with vegetables and meats, but doing my best to keep getting protein and healthy foods. The only thing that seems to keep my nausea away is ABE - always be eating. Now that I'm back at work after winter break that is proving to be more difficult, and I'm way more tired. Looking forward to this (hopefully) going away in a few weeks when my second tri gets here!
    This is me. Every morning has been a cinnamon raisin bagel with butter and a glass of chocolate milk. It has been gloriously delicious. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Add me to the bagels club! I have one every morning. 
    Meat is gross gross gross. And the only vegetables I want are cucumbers and veggies on a Subway veggie sub. What is even wrong with me!?
  • I normally eat carrots and hummus for lunch... the thought of carrots makes me want to vomit. Reading about pickles made me nearly vomit... oh and sweets... nope nope nope... even if I think oh just a little bit would be tasty, I live to regret that decision.
       right now its crackers and white cheddar popcorn... occasionally cheesy eggs.  I don't enjoy the food aversion part of pregnancy. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I am skipping out of lab (temporarily) because the craving for a chicken sandwich has become overpowering. *Runs to Wendy's*
  • @deecherise I hope you got extra pickles girl and don't forget a frosty to dip your fries in! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Mmm today it is grape tomatoes with salt. And chili flavored ramen.
  • @suzycupcake fries dipped in a frosty is the best thing ever! it hits all the categories, salty, sweet, hot, cold.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• My craving today— honey bbq Fritos dipped in cream cheese!  Yum! (Sound like a crazy pregnancy mix but I used to eat it all the time when I was little) 
  • @Beauxbaton Grape tomatoes and salt is me almost everyday. That is my after work snack :-)

@deecherise @suzycupcake I haven't done that in forever and it looks amazing!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @deecherise, I have been craving Wendy’s so badly. A nice spicy chicken sandwich. 😢😢 a dream that cannot be fulfilled is horrible. 

Does the thought of vegetables sound gross to anyone else? I feel bad. This poor baby is going to be so nutrient deficient. 😩

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*