August 2019 Moms

PAIF Check-In w/o 1/5

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited January 2019 in August 2019 Moms
Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Saturdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: PAIF Check-In w/o 1/5

• How far along are you? 7w2d
    Any symptoms? Just slightly sore boobs 
    Rant/Rave? Rant: not ready to go back to work tomorrow.  I think my couch will miss me. 
    Next appointment? Another ultrasound on Wednesday 
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? The Greatest Showman.  I love the music!
  • How far along are you? According to measurement on Friday, I am 6w4d. Based on ER, I should be 7w1d. 

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, bouts of morning sickness coming and going, and peeing all the time!!

Rant/Rave? It is tough staying in the mindset of being excited and not feeling overwhelmed by the journey that got us here and some complications. I had spotting Thursday, so I called off work Friday and went in to RE office. We found out both embryos that were transferred (fresh IVF), implanted. One failed to progress. One fighter is holding on strong and has a heart rate of 123! They also found some bruising. They have told me to maintain pelvic rest, and make sure I take it easy, as I have a threatened miscarriage. The other embreyo attached by my cervix, so I may have more spotting they said, along with from the bruising. Also makes me nervous measuring behind. They didn’t seem worried about that though. I knew going in pregnancy isn’t easy (second time mom, daughter is 10.) I just wonder at what point I’ll let myself be fully excited and stop worrying! 

Next appointment? Around Jan. 18th, next ultrasound

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Cinderella :) I’m still in love with all Cinderella themed movies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 6w6d
    Any symptoms? nausea and a lot of fatigue
    Rant/Rave? I'm still kinda bitter that my RE's office said my first US would be at 6 1/2 weeks but I'm going to be 7w 2d.  I thought IF was a lot of hurry up and wait but pregnancy seems to be the same way!  I'm just not good at waiting.
    Next appointment? Wed 01/09
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Remember the Titans because I love the music and it always makes me feel better about humanity.

Are any of you following up with MFM?  This will be my last appt with my RE and I didn't know if I should go to MFM or a regualr OB first.  I already know what MFM doc I'm going to see because I did preconception counseling with one and I loved her.  I was just curious to see what everyone else was doing.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @purplg8r I hope that your first week back is easy and low stress! I lol'd at your couch comment. 

@telda715 Very sorry for your loss. It's hard not worry. How you feel is okay. 

@celticknotfire What is your reason for wanting to see a MFM? I have Multiple Sclerosis but I don't plan to see one unless I end up having any complications. 

How far along are you? 8 weeks
    Any symptoms? Meh, not really. Still the usual mild nausea if I don't eat. General discomfort. 
    Rant/Rave? Made some rolled oats on the stove with brown sugar. Added blueberries and some fat free milk and a side of banana. Yum!
    Next appointment? u/s tomorrow. 
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? That's a tough one. I do love The Little Mermaid. I really cannot pick one. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake the doctors that treat my CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) recommended it when we first started talking about trying so that's why I did the preconception meeting.  At the meeting we discussed all the meds I'm on and my condition plus that combined with my age (I'll be 37 at delivery) she said she wanted to see me a few times.  I'm probably just going to send her a message and see when she wants to see me I was just curious what others were doing.  GL with your US!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @purplg8r lol, I know i miss my couch and I didn't have time off! I've never seen The Greatest Showman, I'll have to check it out. hope today is going well for you!
    @telda715 I'm so sorry for your loss. Happy to hear you have a fighter in there. 
    @celticknotfire I'll join the bitter party with you. I'll be 7+5 at my first u/s. I don't have any plans to see MFM at this point, but I know sometimes my OB will refer her IF/AMA pts for just an initial visit. 
    @suzycupcake GL tomorrow! hope things continue to go well. 

How far along are you? 7+4
    Any symptoms?  some nausea if I don't eat, I'm tired all the time, these last few weeks I haven't been sleeping as well as I usually do and that just throws everything off
    Rant/Rave? I've had several people IRL say they can't believe that I've had to wait this long for the u/s w/my RE. the more I hear it the more bitter i become. My anxiety is sky high right now, I'm doing my best to just focus on here and now. 
    Next appointment? first u/s tomorrow and it can't come soon enough
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? this is such a hard question. it would have to be a comedy. I love a good drama, but if it is only one forever then it will have to be something that will make me laugh. We can all use a little extra joy sometimes. I'm just not sure I can narrow that down to one movie right now. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Hey @Avrilmai thanks! It got rescheduled for Wednesday which I think waiting will be healthy for my PGAL brain. I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much anxiety today. It's a real bitch. Not getting quality sleep doesn't help. I like what you said about needing joy. Speaking of comedies, I popped on Comedians of the World this morning. It's a Netflix original series of standup comedians. It's categorized by country with a few episodes in each, of performers in that country, but they are all in English. Hilarious.  

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @telda715 at this stage US can be off by 5 days one way or the other so your only off by 3-4 days which is totally normal. Also these little sprouts can have huge growth spurts and be behind one week and ahead at the next scan.
    @Avrilmai my first RE would not do an US before 8 weeks unless you were having an issue.
    @celticknotfire I know its hard to wait that extra week, the upside is you can see so much more on the US. As for MFM I think its what you feel comfortable with. Being AMA is not a reason in and of itself to see MFM. So for your other health stuff you could just see her as long as she is OK with that or maybe see an OB/MW with periodic consultations with MFM...  I did MFM with my twins but midwife only (did not see MFM at all with my last pregnancy) and unless something comes up I will just go with a MW again this time. 
    @suzycupcake sorry you have to wait one more day for your US. I swear the wait for that first US is worse than the TWW.

How far along are you? 8+5
    Any symptoms? lots of nausea, food aversions and fatigue oh and the bloat at night... so much bloat
    Rant/Rave? TW** I am rapidly reaching my loss milestone and I'm trying not to worry  but its almost 3 more weeks till my next US which will feel like forever to make sure this little one is still going OK.
    Next appointment? not till the end of the month
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh I'm not sure I could pick... love actually, a league of their own, bull Durham, harry potter
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thanks @wabash15. I'm thankful that my RE did a first one at 6w5d and I'm half tempted to just never do one again because of the nerves, but obvi that won't happen. What do you like about having a MW? I have scheduled interviews to hire a Doula so I'm curious to hear what ladies think about MWs. Yes to the bloat at night and I adore A League of Their Own! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I loved having a doula... it was great for both my husband and myself. This might be a bit of a longer explanation... but since I typically need so much intervention to get pregnant I was sort of hoping for a bit more of a hands off, less intervention birth experience. (That being said my scheduled c-section was still a great experience just not what I had dreamed about). Midwives are thorough but its a more relaxed atmosphere, I felt interventions were not pushed (though I did need some assistance with my VBAC) and that its more like visiting with a good friend/mothering presence than a less connected doctor relationship. I loved the community feel around my birth. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• That's what I hoped you would say @wabash15 and I don't mind a long explanation. My desire is for a natural and unmedicated birth exactly for the intervention reasons you mentioned. We are still gonna do it in a hospital though just in case to be open minded. What do you mean MW are thorough? I guess I wonder what made you choose a MW over a Doula this time around. And I'd be interested to hear anything else you had to say about it if you felt comfortable sharing. It's really nice to have a STM+ in this thread.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Thanks for all the encouraging comments! 

I go back Jan. 22nd for my next ultrasound. I’m shocked so many of your RE’s are waiting so long as well. What negative effect does it have in them? US are usually pretty quick! 

I’m currently only seeing my RE. Those of you that have already been in contact with your OB did you do that independently, or did your RE’s recommend contacting an OB? 

Wondering if if I should wait to be “graduated”, which won’t be until T2 at this point, or call them up now. 
  • Thanks for starting @suzycupcake; toddler came down with pink eye so it was all-hands-on-deck with me and DH trying to manage a non-sick (but couldn't go to daycare) kiddo and I totally spaced. You're the best <3

How far along are you? 8w4d
    Any symptoms? Nada
    Rant/Rave? Only thing to b@tch about is all of this [expletive] rain ... PLEASE STOP.
    Next appointment? RE on 14th for final U/S; OB appt on 1/30 for MaterniT21 testing.
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Role Models. I don't know why, I just LOVE that movie.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @mamak225 I laugh at that 35 being too old to procreate (though I will say now that I'm very close to 40 I feel old).  I am praying your remaining bean continues to do well. Its so scary and hard to trust when you've had a loss. Try to remember its normal for symptoms to come and go.
    @suzycupcake I had both a Midwife (MW) and a doula at my last birth. In our hospital system/state most MW are employed by the hospital so I gave birth in the hospital but it was a more low key experience. I was able to walk, sit on the birthing ball, labor in the tub, even water birth is an option (though not if you are a VBAC). This time around I will go the same route, having a MW and a doula. I had hoped to have a med free delivery but my labor was really long and I had not slept in 48 hours so in the end I had an epidural which allowed me to get a little sleep and have the energy to push. My MW/doula team was very supportive of my wishes but also encouraging when things outside of my preferred birth plan happened. In the end I was able to get everything that was really important to me out of the experience. We were also team green and DH was able to be the one to announce the sex of our baby. It was a really sweet moment. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 - Thank you! I had zero symptoms with DD, so it's not surprising. Just trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of it, though I am trying to will that little bean to give me some strong movements. Kind of hard to do when you're the size of a fingernail, tho  :D 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @Avrilmai Congrats on a good US!!!! Hang in there with the transition to being a boring pregnant lady.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @avrilmai - CONGRATS!! That's always such a great relief and - like @wabash15 said - welcome to being a boring pregnant lady ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2019
    @wabash15 That's such a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing! I think Kaiser has MWs in their centers so I'm gonna ask for one. There are two Doula interviews scheduled for this month. I hope one of them is the one because I'd like to focus on not looking anymore. 

@Avrilmai Congrats on your u/s!! I bet that was a trip to hear the heartbeat. When do you see an OB?

@MamaK225 I am also praying for you and your baby. Loss is so hard and you're not alone in your fears, even in the possible insecurities of reaching out to talk about it. <3 ..................I'll be 35 in a few months so I'm assuming that means AMA. It's so weird to hear that because so many more women are having babies later in life now. And I'll have another one if it's in the cards for me. 

@purplg8r How's it going with water intake this week? I didn't do so well yesterday but back up to better today. How do you usually hydrate when you run a marathon? 

@celticknotfire Tomorrow is almost here! Let us know how your u/s goes. 

@telda715 I reached out to an OB on my own since prenatal appointments are so important.  My RE only does u/s. He doesn't do important blood work, monitor blood pressure, check urine, or anything like that which is important to do while pregnant. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake the water intake is not going so well. Now back at school, I’m so busy with the kids that I keep forgetting to drink. (Today I only have about 37 oz. grr).  For marathons, I never drank any more than normal leading up to it and then drank the little cup of Gatorade at each water stop
  • If you count all the food you ate, maybe you had another 16oz in there @purplg8r. That's not too bad. I'm laughing at the water stops part. Hey, reminders work! You got this. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Thanks @suzycupcake, it means a lot. Thankfully, this time of year is absolutely crazy at work so it allows me a valid distraction :)

@purplg8r - I'm super impressed you are training for a marathon, preggo or not ... that's just amazing. I feel you on the water, though, I *hate* drinking it, but am forcing myself to ... but often fall short. :|

**History in Spoiler**

• I had my 7 week US today and it wasn't what I expected.

******TW*******
    I knew it was bad when they had to get another US tech to look.  They said it looked like an underdeveloped fetal pole and no heartbeat.  I go back in a week for a repeat scan but they said I should have been further along by this point.  The doctor said there is still a possibility of a viable pregnancy but it's really hard to stay optimistic. I'm going to try and post this week but I can't promise I'll be too active. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire I am so so sorry. I will say some prayers that your little bean is just measuring behind and will catch up next week, Big hugs. I have been though those not good ultrasounds and heartbreaking doesn't even begin to describe it, especially after IF. 
    big hero 6 hug GIF by Cheezburger
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Standing with you @celticknotfire and sending you so much love. My inbox is open to you <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @celticknotfire creepy internet hugs. It’s such a hard journey - I’ve been there twice. Hoping for the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @celticknotfire all my thoughts with you and your little bean. This community is here for you. 
  • @suzycupcake here’s hoping!!  

@MamaK225 I have actually ran yet while pregnant—my last run was the week before my transfer. And my RE made a deal with me today that I can come back for one more ultrasound before she graduates me if I wait one more week. But I have a 3 race weekend in February so I need to get back into it (and learn how not to worry while I’m doing it)

@celticknotfire I’m so so sorry. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good news next week. Sending you hugs!
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited January 2019
    @celticknotfire Loss after IF is a special kind of hell, as is the waiting period to know for sure, either way. Thinking of you ❤️

@purplg8r Way to go on wanting to get back into running. It’s hard to do things in spite of the worries that will still be there. 

@Avrilmai Horray for a good scan!  I am so glad you finally were able to have an u/s. 

@MamaK225 Having a vanishing twin is a unique emotional roller coaster. It’s okay to have all the mixed feelings. Hope you’re hanging in there until your next scan. 

How far along are you? 6+5
    Any symptoms? Nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances. 
    Rant/Rave?  We had an unexpected appointment today, despite having one on Monday. All is well- The little dove is measuring one time. We heard&saw the HB today!  It was mind blowing to see how much growth there was in 48hrs. 
    Next appointment? Tuesday, Jan 22nd. 
    GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’m not sure!  I’m tempted to pick a long one bc all I ever do is nap during movies!
  • @celticknotfire I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you. Always here if you need anything. Take care of yourself this next week. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @celticknotfire - <3 and hugs.
    **History in Spoiler**