September 2019 Moms

GTKY: What do you do for a living?

I realize some may have mentioned this in the intro, but here is a thread to "GTKY" (Get to Know You)
**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: GTKY: What do you do for a living?

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @dahliasanddogs

New positions are challenging. I find just learning systems such a steep learning curve, let alone the medicine. Good luck! 
  • omg1108 said:
    I am an elementary school teacher. My specialty is special education; I am currently working in the inclusive classroom. However, I have taught several different areas-- behavior disorders, autism spectrum, even high school!
    @omg1108 my daughter has mild autism, she is entering kindergarten (will be in mainstream classroom with some services, trying to get more at this next IEP) this next academic year. Thank you for what you do!
  • eme520eme520 member
    edited January 2019
    I'm a physician. This is my last year of fellowship, and I start attending (working without supervision) in July. It's a little scary, but I'm excited. 
    @bostonlady-2
    It is scary, but trust me I’m sure you will have a lot of colleagues and friends you can text for help and assistance. Plus, groups like PMG and the spin off groups (either location and specialty-specific group) can be huge sources of support. You got this! 
  • @mysticsiren624 whaattt???? how do you do it all?  i can barely take care of myself :) 
  • @dahliasanddogs It’s definitely hard. I’m always exhausted. I have laundry and dishes that are piled up right now that I need to clean. I just have so little energy. Four of my dogs are inside dogs. So between them and the kids, the house is a disaster. 
  • What an amazing group of women!! I’m a college professor in Kinesiology and Health department and a Physical Therapist.
  • @omg1108 I went to school for SPED, you are a strong person as are a lot of the women in our group! 
    I am a property manager for a moderately sized apartment community, and I do some other real estate type stuff on the side (leasing & HOA management)