June 2019 Moms

Group 1 (June 1-8) Check-in, w/o Jan 6

It's been a while since we've had one of these...

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions?

Re: Group 1 (June 1-8) Check-in, w/o Jan 6

• Due date/W+D:  June 2, 18w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Any appointments? Questions?:  I have to schedule the anatomy scan for the coming 1-2 weeks. I am a bit anxious about it...

Rants/Raves?:  I'm a bit concerned about my weight gain, which is slightly over the limit of the recommended range (by 3-5lbs).  I'm trying to watch what I eat, and I think going back to work will help, since I walk there and back.

How are you feeling?: I feel so much better than in first tri, even my acne are now manageable. I still get some burps and hiccups, occasional reflux (I'm sure this will worsen), and I'm a bit more tired in the evenings than I otherwise would be, but I am definitely enjoying that mythical second tri energy boost.

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions?   I don't usually do these, but we've just moved to a new place and I'm pledging to declutter by reducing the amount of stuff I/we own.
  • @marijaa333 What's the reccomended weight gain by beginning of second tri? I checked today and I'm up about 4 lbs. Really not sure if that's good or not, planned on asking my OB this Thursday at my appt. Also, YGPM.
  • Loading the player...
  • @wearyfuzzball my doc said first tri is very loose recommendations because everyone feels different. If you started within a “normal” weight range and don’t have other health issues she says anything between losing ten to gaining ten is perfectly acceptable and they don’t stress about it. 
  • @wearyfuzzball I'm up 14 lbs on a good day.  The recommended range for week 19 is 6.4 - 11.2 lbs.  If your OB doesn't say anything, I'd say you're fine being a bit under the recommendation. It also depends on whether you were under/over or normal weight to start.

My OB has told me not too stress out but to skip dessert/empty calories as much as possible (I live on carbs, so this is difficult at the best of times, let alone during the holidays).

Thanks for the heads up!

• Due date/W+D:  June 5 / 18w + 3 d

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?:  No appt until the 21st, my anatomy scan

Rants/Raves?:  Moving while pregnant = not recommended. Moving while pregnant and with a toddler = definitely not recommended. Also not recommended - moving two days after Christmas. It's been a challenging holiday season, but I'm hoping to get some unpacking done now that I don't feel awful all the time.

How are you feeling?: Less nausea. Baby is moving often. Still makes me jump, even though I'm expecting it and am at STM.

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? I don't make these as much anymore, but I'm tired of living boxes. I am determined to get unpacked and will bug DH until it gets all done!

• @catmommac Moving is not fun in general, but add all of the above and it's REALLY not fun. Yuck. Also, YGPM.
  • Due date/W+D: May 31, 19w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is on Jan 16....anatomy scan and then I'll meet with my midwife

Rants/Raves?: Starting to get annoyed that my husband literally doesn't acknowledge my pregnancy or the baby unless I bring it up. We weren't trying...but we also weren't preventing. I told him flat out I was done with birth control because of its negative effects on my body and had my IUD removed in May. Fast forward to September and I get pregnant. He's not unhappy or anything about the baby, but he also has made it known (even before pregnancy) that he was happy with just the one child we have. Well dude, you did nothing on your end to prevent this pregnancy. I've always wanted two kids, and he knew that, so when stopped using any form of BC I made it very well known that the ball was in his court. Anway...long rant but it's starting to just bother me that he never even mentions the baby, asks how things are going on my end, that I am starting to have some negative impacts in terms of soreness and tiredness, on and on. 

How are you feeling?: Physically I am starting to have more frequent lower back soreness and aches. I've also got a nice case of insomnia so I can't really sleep well after 4-5am so I am more tired now than ever. 

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? I'm not a resolution person really

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510 sorry to hear your DH is not yet fully participating. It can take having the baby at home for men to feel it's really happening. Do you think he would respond positively if you said something about it (in a casual / low key way)?
  • @Erin1510 I'm so sorry to about your DH. Hopefully as the time comes closer he may get more involved? I second what marijaa333 said about trying to casually bring the topic up?  :(
  • battleangelbattleangel member
    edited January 2019

Due date/W+D:  6-7-19/18+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Hamster, by weight

Any appointments? Questions?: appt 1/11.  Some days I FEEL pregnant (down to the waddle when I walk) and some days I just don’t. is that normal?

Rants/Raves?:  my mother is driving me nuts but my husband is a literal angel. She’s acting like I’m 2 again and need to be told how to do everything I have to do. He’s always so supportive and sweet to me and he lets me sleep. He’s the best.

How are you feeling?: tired. Always so tired  

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions?

The last one I made was to ask out a person I felt was way out of my league. Two and a half years later I’m married and pregnant because mr. “Out of my league” turned out to be my soulmate. 

• @battleangel i feel the same - sometimes very pregnant, other times not at all. I've also been feeling little flutters on some days and not on others... what a rollercoaster.  Glad to hear your husband is so supportive!
  • @marijaa333 @wiseh we plan on having a talk tomorrow (Monday) when I get home from work. We got into a stupid fight late Saturday night. It was way over the top over something small...so I know we’re both stressed over things. He’s on nights so he had to sleep all day today and then left for work around 415pm so we couldn’t really talk today. 

When I was pregnant with our son he also wasn’t overly involved, it’s just not his style, be he at least acknowledge the pregnancy and the changes I was going through. He offered emotional support too. 

I think part of my frustration right now is that he’s on night shift (5pm-5am) until April and that means like 90% of all household stuff and parenting falls on me. 

He goes to sleep around 630-7am. He needs to sleep until like 2-3pm daily, and on his work nights he leaves around 415pm. On his off nights he’s super involved with our son, but he can’t contribute much to the house after we’re in bed since doing things laundry or vacuuming and such would be too loud. So, on top of working full time (I’m an elementary special education teacher), taking care of the house and our 4.5 year old son, and being pregnant I’m just overwhelmed and frustrated. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• That's great you're planning to have a chat @Erin1510! Night shift could definitely be a contributing factor to his behaviour. He could be really struggling with the fact he can't be there for you due to work so is choosing to ignore it as a coping mechanism - I admit I do that sometimes with this pregnancy. My partner works in the mines on a 4/1 roster (4 weeks on, 1 week off) which he started when we found out I was pregnant. Prior to that he worked ~2hrs from home so we would only see each other on the weekends or he'd come home early from work to come to an appointment. He's felt really left out of the pregnancy so continually talks about it, but because of all the problems I've had it's the last thing I want to think about so will dismiss the pregnancy and change the topic, to the point where if I talk about he now thanks me whenever I mention it.

I also know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I have only recently moved to the town I live in so have no family close by and no friends that I feel comfortable calling to help me out with anything. Prior to leaving work for my surgery I was at home by myself looking after a monstrous 2 story house, 3 animals (one of which is a 50kg bull mastiff that doesn't walk well), cooking all my own meals and working 60+ hours a week in a stressful role (the previous 3 people doing this role have all left the business after extended stress leave!), all the while trying to grow a human and deal with my partner's excessive clinginess/support his lack of feeling involved with the pregnancy. I was under enormous amounts of pressure from all facets of life and to be honest I'm fairly convinced the health issues I'm facing now were compounded due to the stress I was putting myself through - not allowing myself to ever rest and constantly doing things. Since the surgery I've been forced delegated some of my roles to other people and it's the best thing I could have done. I feel so refreshed! I've hired a cleaner to vacuum and mop my house once a week, I've hired a dog walker to take our dog for walks 2-3 times a week and I've subscribed to a food delivery service so I don't need to cook as many meals. My work has also recognised that I am quite unwell and have redistributed a portion of my role so I can focus on my health (which I'm really, really grateful for). 

Is there a way that you could delegate some of the jobs you do? Hire a cleaner, family/friends/babysitter to help with your son or get a meal service for you? Could you get your husband to load and empty the washing machine around his schedule, and you could just start it when you leave for work? I found the cleaner to be the best investment of the things I chose to do myself - I found her advertising her business on a local buy & sell page as a start up so she isn't charging much and because she's only doing the vacuuming she is charging me even less. 

Wishing you the best for your chat tomorrow and I hope you get some reprieve from the stresses in your life before you burn out. Please feel free to message me if you ever need anything.
  • @wiseh Thanks for the support!

We don't live anywhere near family (1000 miles from my in-laws, 2500 miles from my family) so that's part of the problem now too! But, my son is in preschool and daycare during the work week so I usually try to run a quick errand on my way to get him if I can get out of work early enough (mom guilt! He's there from about 740am-430pm if I don't do anything extra). We've talked a few times about hiring a house cleaning service but with upcoming maternity leave (we don't have any paid leave here) I will be looking at 6-8 weeks without pay in the fall. My saved time off will get me about 4-5 weeks paid and the short term disability I pay for will cover another 6 weeks at 60% pay. I'm in total money saving mode right now! My paid leave will end around Oct 10th and I will be back at work December 2nd which means my paycheck for October will be almost nothing and I won't have one in November. I'll get paid end of December. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510 Good luck with the talk, I have a feeling it will go well. :)@wiseh I'm glad you are offloading some of those duties - that load sounds impossible to carry for any meaningful amount of time!
  • @Erin1510 sorry your DH is not recognizing your needs. My DH and I very much wanted and planned this baby and he touched my belly for the first time yesterday. So I kinda get what you’re dealing with. It’s frustrating for sure! Also YGPM 

@battleangel I definitely feel more pregnant some days over others. Now that I’m feeling more consistent movement that has helped.

Due date/W+D:  June 6th, 18w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): slingshot

Any appointments? Questions?: not until the end of this month.

Rants/Raves?:  work sucks, I knew January would be busy but I wasn’t ready for this after  few weeks off

How are you feeling?: not terrible, emotionally I’m doing good bc I’m feeling movement and I got a Doppler. Physically still the same (headaches, occasional nausea, and exhaustion)

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Nope, not my thing

• Oh no @Erin1510 that sucks so much! 😞 there’s not even the option to just get a cleaner for the period your husband is on nights? It doesn’t have to be for the whole house, even just vacuuming the floors because that’s noisy? Also, please don’t feel mum guilt for putting your son in day care! You’re doing an amazing job juggling your household, work and mum duties, and if that means your son needs to be in day care for a bit then that’s totally fine! We are all only human and can only do what we can do. 

I’m glad too @marijaa333. If I kept going the way I had been I was on the path to a mental breakdown and the end of my relationship. My work may be suffering with me not being as active, but at this point in time I honestly don’t care. I need to look after me first.
  • Last day, I guess I should check in

Due date/W+D:  June 5th, 18 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: Check in tomorrow, a/s next week.

Rants/Raves?:  My holidays at home went ok but it was great to be back home. DS got way too many toys, we are in need of better toy organization. 

How are you feeling?: Rough day today, my anxiety is spiking. 

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Not really New Years, have a set of want to get done before baby comes list.

• amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited January 2019

Due date/W+D:  19w June 4th

Baby is the size of a(n): mango!

Any appointments? Questions?:  Anatomy scan next week!  I'm a bit nervous. Everyone keeps asking what sex I want, and I'm just like a healthy baby. And a truly mean that. I'd love a brother for DS to play with. But I'd also love a little girl. I'd be happy with either.

Rants/Raves?:  Yesterday DH was able to feel baby kick. They were moving up a storm last night and I made DH feel. I had an anterior placenta the first time around so I didn't feel DS until 21 weeks.

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good.

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions?  To get out of debt. I can't afford to pay CC bills and a second child in daycare.

• Due date/W+D:  June 3/19+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment on Friday and will schedule my AS at the hospital after that appointment.

Rants/Raves?:  Rants: I need more sleep! My son is a constant early riser (6:30am) and I'm just struggling every morning. It's not terrible because honestly we have to get up and out of the house  but at the same time I'd love to just go back to the days of waking up when I want not on someone else's schedule (Yeah, right!) 

How are you feeling?: Feeling fine in general, fewer headaches which is nice, but I started to come down with a cold today. I feel like normally I could muster the strength to just push through but being pregnant I just give up and say, "nope, not today."  

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Not specifically. I'm all about getting more organized and cleaning out some toys. I've started hiding things in the closet to slowly get rid of them without my son noticing.

• @wiseh I don't think anyone could have kept up with that kind of workload... And your work is most likely benefiting from your more sane schedule.

@jhems776 @amaren-2 so many of us have the anatomy scan next week! I will have to do something to relax a bit as the day approaches...

@gta4334 hope you're feeling better!
  • Due date/W+D:  May 31st / 20 weeks 😊

Baby is the size of a: Banana 🍌

Any appointments? Questions?: I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and got the results of our 19+4 ultrasound - all clear! Baby is healthy and on track! 

Rants/Raves?:  Belly is starting to get in the way, but nothing else really! 

How are you feeling?: I have felt great throughout the pregnancy, and I'm so grateful. A bit of hip pain this week. A little trouble sleeping here and there but I really can't complain! So happy to have our first child on the way! 

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Nope! Just anxious to declutter the house. 🙌🏻

• Due date/W+D:  June 3 / 19W + 4

Baby is the size of a: Ping pong paddle?? It's really the size of a baby :smile:

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a successful AS on Tuesday, which was awesome! I have a regular OB appointment next Monday.

Rants/Raves?:  No real rants or raves, other than just being happy everything is turning out to be good news so far!

How are you feeling?: Still have some weird, lingering nausea, but at least no more vomiting. 

GTKY - Have you made any New Year's resolutions? I will have a delayed resolution to lose this baby weight!