Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO weekend 1/5-1/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO weekend 1/5-1/6

• Month/Cycle: 24/1 a/l

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: sex, pnv, opks, temping 

R/R: I need to pay better attention to reviews when I buy stuff on amazon.  My opks are crap.  I just wanted a small pack with no HPTs (plan is to only test if I am symptomatic, haha) and apparently these tests don’t ever turn positive.  I couldn’t bring myself to buy a 10 pack at the store for $20’s yesterday, since I have mixed feelings on opks, and I would HiO anyway. 

CS/Q:
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking *
    @jennifer_louise lol at your WAYDTGKU - I remember earlier on in my TTC days (when I was a spring chicken of like 3 months) I looked up some BC thing like “what did you do differently the month you got a BFP?” And one person said “uhhhh have unprotected sex?”....stfu Karen, no one asked you. 

@stephanie123456 sorry for AF :( sounds like a very solid feast! 
  • @b_1029 lol right?? Not helpful, Karen.

@stephanie123456 Sorry to see you back here :(, but what an awesome way to ring in a new cycle. I'm dying to know, what are animal fries? (I don't think I've ever had In n Out) 
  • *lurking very creepily*

@stephanie123456 Boo to AF! And sorry for CD 1. 😢 I have a FFC for you though - I despise the thousand island sauce they put on the burgers so the thought of your “animal style fries” made me gag a little! 😐

@jennifer_louise Just to clear up any possible confusion... 🤣😂😉

@holly321 I'm sorry your opks are sucky!
  • @holly321, sorry for the bum opks. Can you get a refund?
    @stephanie123456, sorry for CD1.
    @jennifer_louise, I am so excited for you to have two chances at your favorite month! I am feeling overly hopeful for a chance at October (now that I missed September). I realized that if I get knocked up this cycle, and assuming no complications, my due date would be such that ML would go til the end of 2019 and I wouldn't have to go back to work til 2020. #wishfulthinking

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: opks, cm, pnvs, trying (failing) to cut caffeine 

R/R: I had a super productive morning! I reorganized some cabinets and drawers, and created a mail station with stamps, envelopes, address stickers, etc. The weather is GORGEOUS, so I am about to take my pup for a long walk. Perfect Saturday!

CS/Q: nah
  • @galentine, they were pretty cheap (just a 20 pack) so I am not worried about it.  Just annoyed, since last cycle it was never clear when I O’ed. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Saturday!  I need to be productive but have no motivation.

@jennifer_louise your right, the result is the same, I usually Hio for several days after I O, just in case I didn’t.  It isn’t like an opk will change that.   Fx for you for October 
    I had realized that although I had a CP, I still might make September, since I usually O early.  Dh always wanted a September baby since that’s when his birthday is.

• @holly321 @jennifer_louise - i know, OPKs really are dumb.  But at the same time, +1 for "objective" data?  I like it to validate the crazy in me LOL
    @stephanie123456 - sorry about CD 1
    @galentine - we've got a beautiful day here too.  hoping I can rally for a walk as well, and hope yours was wonderful!

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CP, CM

R/R: essentially missed the whole FW for all sorts of aggravating reasons.  Pretty sure I O'd yesterday or today based on CP and CM.  Maybe will get an HIO tonight but certain the time has passed.  Early O for me regardless.  Maybe -4 will be enough?  at least it was a ++EWCM day then.  BLAH.

CS/Q: it looks like a temp spike but I have two open circles, and for good reason.  how can I put my chart in a spoiler, instead of just having the FF link in my sig?  
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @lillywonderland lol you crack me up.

@galentine it's lovely out here too and I just saw somebody out for a walk with my dog, are you my neighbor? (I have a secret desire to meet all you ladies IRL because of how hard it is to make friends as an adult).

@sevenn sorry about your FW. Hope HIO tonight will give you a fighting chance!! 

@holly321 fx for September for you to and here's hoping for all our fall babes!! 
  • @holly321 I’m a freak about Amazon reviews, I spend way too much time reading before I buy anything! I hope the OPKs work out for you though. 

@jennifer_louise lol, yes you’re doing it right

@stephanie123456  Sorry about CD1. Right there with you sister. 

@galentine That sounds like an amazing day, enjoy!! 

@sevenn Sorry for the shitty timing, I hope it’s your month regardless! 

Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 1 bleh

WAYDTGKU: temp, OPK, maybe SMEP this month? 

R/R: Had spotting yesterday on CD 11 and of course got my hopes up that it could be implantation spotting. Nope, just AF showing up early (aka on time for me). Also, I hosted a dozen women this afternoon for a Pampered Chef party so now my introverted self is having wine at 3 in the afternoon to wind down from talking to all the people, and because it’s CD1.

Also just started watching the The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, it’s so good!

CS/Q: none 
  • @krassa0315 I usually really read reviews, but I was in a hurry/bad mood so I didn’t care.  and I love The marvelous mrs. Maisel, enjoy!

• @jennifer_louise, I WAS just out with my dog... maybe we are neighbors! I'll walk by about the same time tomorrow, so look for someone creeping in your bushes.

• Month/Cycle: 4/3 (after a long break)

CD: 10 - tapping toes here, I always have a later O date....

WAYDTGKU: trying wondfo OPKs for the first time this month, mostly just to better pinpoint O for progesterone, Ava, PNV, Vit C

R/R: Could be rant or rave - still getting settled in the new house. Doing super exciting things like putting up towel holders, mirrors and organizing drawers. Rave - made calendars for all the parents/inlaws using Nations Lab. They turned out great!!

CS/Q: nope same as last month....temps are slowing dropping to baseline and then I suspect they will slowly rise because of low progesterone. Makes pinpointing O a little tricky sometimes

@krassa0315 sorry about CD1 but high five to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I hear it's a great series!
    @galentine I love having organized cabinets/drawers/closets - feels so darn gratifying. My linen closet is labeled with with sheets are which size so I don't have to unfold them all to figure it out lol
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    First time being a super lurky creeper...

@holly321 @jennifer_louise Sorry about crappy OPK stuff. I think I used Wondfo wannabes first along w CVS store brand to compare (CVS kind were horrible) then switched to Pregmate off Amazon. They’re super cheap and SUPER sensitive in my experience. 

I snap a pic each time w the Femometer app & the Premom app because they both give instant numeric readings of the hormone level/pink line result. This way I can see the numbers climbing during FW & only get 2 or 3 days of distinct highs and a clear peak. It’s so much better than not using the apps, gives much clearer info. Hope this helps!

*@krassa0315 Two hands up for wine at 3 pm and for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, it is so good!
  • @krassa0315 if it has to be CD1, then Maisel is the perfect escape. Into season 2 and I still can’t make up my mind if Joel is hot or not! But Maisel is just fabulous. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @sevenn Not sure if/how you usually “spoil”, but you just need to highlight whatever you want to hide and then tap the backwards P (Paragraph/Pilcrow symbol) from the dropdown menu up by the gif & picture options. Once you do this you should have created a spoiler.  

For my FF charts I take a screenshot on my phone first (I like to crop info out from the “share chart” options). Next, I create my draft post on laptop or phone, then I always go back to my draft post from within my phone so I can paste my chart pic in. Tap your chart pic once so it’s highlighted, select “spoiler” from the backwards P drop down menu (Paragraph/Pilcrow symbol) & voilá, it should be hidden in a spoiler.

Sorry if you already know all this, I just do it this way because I don’t ever access FF from my laptop so it’s easiest to add a chart pic from my phone.  I bet others can chime in & give you a shorter answer/fewer steps. :)
  • @sevenn I can’t either with Joel. I can’t pinpoint what it is, but something about him is hot.  Abe reminds me so much of my boss it is creepy.
  • @keikilove, I'm intrigued by these opk photo apps! Do they work with any brand opks? Do you have a preference between the two apps?
  • *lurk* @galentine not sure if you use FF or not, but they have a similar feature called light box! 
  • @b_1029, I do use FF, but it looks like lightbox is a VIP-only feature.
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited January 2019
    I have used the Femometer app, it works with other brand opks.  Their brand sucks, they are the ones I just bought. Oddly enough, it has really struggled to recognize its own opks.
  • @holly321 That is bizarre that the app can’t recognize its own OPKs! Maybe try Pregmate, see what you think...

@galentine I find that both the apps are great for the OPK info (you can use any brand) but otherwise are a bit awkward/not user-intuitive, and yield little info compared to FF. I prefer Femometer for the interface, I think, but can tell that Premom’s readings are a bit more sensitive/require even stronger lines to give me a “Peak” reading. 
  • Thanks for the info, @keikilove
  • Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: this month I’m temping, going to use OPKs and I’m also taking pnvs

R/R: my periods have been super weird these last few cycles. I’m interested to temp and see what’s happening. Maybe I’m not actually ovulating. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    We are at my parents house watching the Bears game today. And to eat of course. Relaxing way to end the weekend! 

CS/Q: Just starting using FF. Does the open circle just mean that particular temp was at a much different time than the others? The open circle one was at 715am and my other 2 were taken just before 8am. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers