Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• @anared wow!!! 29 follicles!! That’s great!! Let USB’s know how your fertilization report goes if you hear back! I had 24 and had mild/moderate OHSS but didn’t take any meds... just drank TONS AND TONS of Gatorade! It seemed like it lasted forever! Hopefully insurance will come through ok because seriously... what an annoying extra expense! Take time to rest up for sure!! I know it’s hard being away from students but health first!! Thinking about you!! 
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• @anared congratulations on 29 follicles yes that’s a lot, even I had 24 and had ohss which was very painful. My doctor gave me medicines(injections) for free when insurance was giving trouble I later ordered  the medicines to them when medicines got authorized by insurance. May u can try that with ur clinic ? 

Yes kids will be happy to see you back when u return but health first 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah for 29 follicles!!  That is great!!  Sorry to hear you are feeling crummy though.  Fingers crossed that insurance will come through and that you get to feeling better soon!  I agree with @bkatp and  @kbenner2, your health comes first.  Make sure you take the time you need.  Keep us posted!
  • Yay! on the 29 follicles! I had 33 and yes OHSS is not a joke! drink a lot of gatorades it helped me a lot and remind me again, will you be doing a fresh transfer? and agree with the ladies your health comes 1st! you have to take care of that body that will be hosting your own child! so take care of it! sending you hugs and love! 
  • Thanks for the tips ladies! the symptoms are getting better. I have an appointment tomorrow with my RE. I haven't seen RE since the consultation so I am eager to talk about everything! the cycle, follicles, embryos, my recovery, FET, Beta2, lovenox, all that. 

How is everyone doing this weekend? 
  • @anared so glad you are starting to feel better!  How did your appointment go?

And good from my end!  Started Lupron injections last Friday.  Feels good to be moving forward!
  • @anared how did your appointment with RE go.
    @katie35 good luck with tests 
  • @anared sorry to hear about the OHSS, hopefully you are feeling a little better. When do you get an update on the embies? I think you are doing PGS testing?
  • @katie35 @mackorori @bkatp thanks for checking in! the appointment went well but RE suggested I take a few cycles off, so maybe looking at a February FET. I am waiting on the final PGS results and was hoping to get it today but the genetics lab said they weren't ready, so possibly Wednesday I will have the results. 

I hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing holiday! xox
  • Hi everyone! I got my final results. We had 29 retrieved, 20 fertilized and 10 day 5.  From that 3 came back normal with 1 mosaic. I don't know the grading of the embryos, I guess they will go over it when it comes time for the FET. I am definitely happy that we have better results than the last cycle. However, with this new Beta 2 issue, I do wish I had a few more embryos just as a cushion, especially after how the last cycle went. 

How is everyone else doing this week?
  • @anared that sounds like great report, congratulations!!! Excited to hear about your next steps.

AFM...the holidays were a bit tough but we’re doing OK. Waiting on AF, then a hysteroscopy to check for scarring from D&E, then meet with RE to go over the options.

Hope that you all had a nice holidays!!
  • @anared congratulations on wonderful report. 3 normal and 1 mosaic from PGS testing is a great turnout. Hope everything goes well with the FET now that u will take levonox or aspirin. 

@mackorori Good to know u are getting ready to start new cycle are you also looking a Feb or March FET ?
  • @bktap my RE does a 6 week medication cycle for FET starting CD1, so with the hysteroscopy this cycle the earliest is March FET. That assumes all looks AOK and we are emotionally ready, which I feel like we will be. How are things for you? Hopefully all is going well with the PG.
  • @anared Congrats on the 3 normals and 1 mosaic!  That is a great turnout!  When are you planning for FET?  Keep us posted!

@mackorori glad to hear you guys are feeling up to moving forward.  Fingers crossed that everything with the hysteroscopy looks good and that you are clear to move forward with FET when you are ready.  

AFM, still moving forward with the protocol.  I have an US tomorrow for lining check and first biopsy should be either Friday or Saturday.  Hopefully results don't take too awful long to come back!

I hope everyone had a good holiday and here's to 2019!

• @katie35 thank you! good luck at your US appointment tomorrow! how long did they say the results will take to come back after the biopsy?

@bkatp thank you! how are you coming along? 

@mackorori thank you! glad to hear you are doing better. Fingers crossed everything will be good for you to move forward with a March FET. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! and heres to 2019, hopefully this will be the year for everyone! Cheers!
  • glad to see all these good news! 
    @anared that's a great report! and it's a good thing that your RE decided to give your body a break before trying another FET especially after an OHSS. very Happy for you, GL!
    @mackorori Glad to hear you moving forward and have everything planned! FX on the hysteroscopy and the rest of the process
    @katie35 GL on the US and keep us posted! 
  • Happy New Year to everyone. 

@katie35 did you get your results back 

@mackorori hoping all goes well with tests and FET protocol. Will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck 

@anared are you getting ready for feb FET. Do you start medicines in January? 

I am doing well so far. Have 20 week anatomy scan next week. Hoping it goes well, planning to announce to family if the scan goes well 
  • @bkatp happy to hear things are going well and good luck with the anatomy scan
  • @babydust2507 thank you! how are things going for you?

@bkatp the plan is a February FET if everything looks good at the baseline. I just have to wait for my next period. Good luck on your scan this week! 
  • We had our first biopsy this morning.  We have one more biopsy on Monday the 14th.  I found out today that Yale won't process the specimens until they have both of them, then the results will take two weeks from there.  So no results until close to the end of January  :# Hopefully the time will go fast!

@bkatp good luck at your anatomy scan.  Let us know how it goes!
  • @katie35 I’m so glad you’re getting the biopsies started. Hopefully January flies by so you can get your results back.

@bkatp thinking about you as you approach your anatomy scan! What an exciting milestone! 

@anared good luck with your upcoming FET. Here’s to 2019 being the lucky year. Will be thinking about you lots as you begin meds and start your protocol. 

@mackorori so glad you are moving ahead. I’m hopung your hysteroscopy goes well and March gets here before you know it! 
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• @anared I'm doing ok, i got a really bad cold, coughing all day and nights, it's getting better though. I'm lil nervous since I don't get those regular check up with OB and waiting 4 weeks it's like eternity! my next appt is next week on the 18 and if everything goes well I'm planing on tell my family and extended family and friends on both side, as well as my job, we made a small announcement on xmas to my husband family ( just MIL, SIL and his aunt)
    @bkatp GL on your next appt!
    @katie35 I know how crazy a wait can be, so I'm sending you love, peace, and positive vibes that this wait goes by fast!
  • @katie35 all the waiting...but hopefully it gives more insight into what’s going on. Looking forward to hearing your updates later in the month.

@babydust2507 good luck with your appointment next week

Speaking of waiting...six weeks later my HCG is still at 10. Slowly declining but they want it to be back to zero (technically less than 5) before doing the hysteroscopy. This process just teaches me patience I guess.
  • @babydust2507 good luck on your next OB visit! 4 weeks is a really long time- especially when you are used to being seen more often. I hope you are feeling better! 

@katie35 good luck on your biopsy next week! Hopefully January flies, I am excited for you to get results. 

@kbenner2 thank you! how is everything going?

@bkatp how did your scan go?

@mackorori I am sorry this process is so long, the waiting is tough! I am hoping things will start to move along faster! 
  • Thank you @mackorori and @anared my appointment went well, baby is growing well and was moving a lot during U/S that was pretty nice to see. Heartbeat was fine 154 and my OB thinks it might be a boy! but still a lil early to confirm ( I was 15 weeks that day). Gender will be confirmed on the 02/07 with during my U/S with high risk Dr.
    @katie35 any updates?
    @mackorori, this whole process really teach us patience and I know it's not fun, hang it there! 

• @anared thanks for asking at first  scan they created unnecessary scare but a week they cleared me. So overall everything looked good and baby is doing well
  • Sorry you had to go through an unnecessary scare, but so happy your scan turned out well @bkatp.  Are you going to announce now?  How exciting!

@babydust2507 so glad your appointment went well as well!!  Can't wait to hear the gender after your next appointment :smiley: Did you announce too?

@anared any updates?  Still planning on February FET?  Almost there!

@mackorori so sorry you have to wait even more.  You are so right, this process will definitely teach patience.  Will they just wait until your next cycle then to try for hysteroscopy?

@kbenner2 how are you doing?

AFM, still waiting.  Should ha e results by Monday at the latest!
  • @katie35 yeah, you have to do the procedure a certain number of days after CD1. Last week HCG was at 7 and it needs to be under 5, so I’m hoping I should be good in time for my next cycle. Hoping all goes well with your results!
  • @katie35 thank you. I announced it to my cousins and close circle. General announcement happens only after baby comes out
  • @mackorori sorry about the wait,I understand this is frustrating process. So you must still good for March FET?
  • @bktap my RE does a six week cycle of medications starting CD1, so earliest would be April. But after my HCG that wouldn’t go away surprise who knows if my body is even ready. Again, an exercise in patience!! I have my hysteroscopy and follow up with RE tomorrow and we will see how that goes.
  • thanks @katie35 I just announced it to close family members and work of course. my 1st appt with my high risk is on 02/07 and will know the gender too. i will probably tell close friends at that point.
  • @mackorori how did your appointment go? 
    @katie35 did you get yours results?
    @anared how is everything with you
    @babydust2507 is it anatomy scan? Good luck with your appointment
    @kbenner2 How is everything with you? 
  • @bkatp thanks for checking in, I meant to come back and update. The hysteroscopy went well, which was a relief. I’ll start BCP my next cycle and assuming all goes well we set a tentative transfer date for April 4th. It seems so far away but I’m sure it will be here before we know it.

I know so many things can go wrong in this process, and we’ve had so many heartaches, but I have to keep remembering that it takes just one and if this FET works then we will have the most awesome Christmas present this year.
  • @mackorori good luck for FET. Its already Feb, April will be here soon
  • @mackorori so glad that your hysteroscopy went well and that you have a tentative date!  And April does feel so far away, but I bet it will be here before you know it!  Keep us posted!

As for us, I FINALLY heard from my RE on my results.  She wanted to wait to chat with me until she got some recommendations from Yale.

I am happy to say, they found some stuff wrong!  It is so weird to be happy about that but I am so hopeful that maybe we are starting to get some answers.  To sum it up, they basically found that I am being over medicated when it comes to Progesterone and Estrogen.  The first biopsy showed that receptivity wise I was a few days further progressed than what I should have been and the second biopsy showed that parts of my endometrium had basically arrested.  They termed me as being an "over responder".  They are recommending that I do a "quarter protocol" which will give me less estrogen and progesterone.  It is crazy to think to that with the Yale protocol they had me on even less medication than what they typically put me on for a cycle and it still showed that.  

They are also seeing signs of endometriosis.  I never would have guessed to go down that road since I have never had any symptoms.  They said I can either do a laparoscopy to go in, find, and remove it, or they can put me on a long Lupron protocol.  I think we are going to opt for the long Lupron protocol.

They are giving us the option to either repeat the test to see if it looks better with their suggestions or just move to FET.  We are going to repeat the test.  Knowing that we only have the one embryo left, I want to be sure that we are getting closer to where we need to be.  Hopefully we can jump in next cycle!
  • @katie35 happy to hear you were able to find some answers from this testing! I would probably repeat the test too, make sure to find the best possible setup for a successful FET. So you will decrease the dosage and repeat the process? Good luck!
  • @katie35 I am so glad you got some answers! It seems that this test was well worth it! 

@babydust2507 @bkatp @kbenner2 how is everything coming along? 

@mackorori good to hear the hysteroscopy went well! April we be here before you know it!
  • @anared how are things, I thought you were going to FET soon? Hope all is well.
  • @katie35 I am glad as well that they found something. Not knowing what is going on definitely takes toll on us.

@anared I am doing fine. Happy to be at 24 weeks which marks viability week. I have nothing to complain about so far I am feeling as normal as I can feel. Touch wood