July 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Whipped cream and mini chocolate chips :) literally just a bowl of whipped cream and chocolate chips.

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• I had Totino's Pizza Rolls for dinner last night and a jalapeno cheddar bagel w/ cream cheese for breakfast. I tried to reset at lunch with cucumber salad and a tomato sliced up with cottage cheese but now I'm starving. Dinner will be roasted pork tenderloin + roasted sweet potato and delicata squash. 
  • Today we had... cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese for breakfast, turkey burgers and mac & cheese for lunch, and roasted chicken, roasted cauliflower, and cheese tortellini for dinner!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Breakfast I had a fiber one bar and banana. Lunch leftover chicken pot pie, a clementine and pretzels. Dinner- pizza night- my fav pizza is spinach and black olives which most people find disgusting 😂
  • Breakfast was protein shake and iced milk. Didnt have lunch due to work so dinner is a huge plate of drunken noodles. I plan to eat it ALL!!!
  • Chocolate milk is my jam right now too!
  • I feel a little guilty but all I've been eating are plain tortilla chips, cheerios, milk, and candy. I tried to eat grilled chicken last night and threw up within minutes of eating it. 
  • My preggo craving right now is Breakfast Tacos... Corn tortillas, breakfast sausage, eggs, sharp white cheddar, Cholula. 
    I've got the hubby trained to make it for me.... muahahaha. 

I also am loving chocolate peanut butter Cheerios. Cinnamon Toast. 
    I really had a hankering for Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup last week; had that. Tried to eat a grilled cheese this week... couldn't take but three bites because it was gagging me. 
    My other regular comfort food is like Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls. (My best friend as a kid was from Indonesia, so my comfort foods are mostly rice dishes, Thai foods, etc. Because that is the closest you can get to Indonesian food here.) 
  • Oh, and right now, I really want a blueberry muffin. 
  • Update: Ate all the drunken noodles and now hate myself. I am so full I'm very uncomfortable, the gas and bloating are extreme and I've been fighting nausea for the past hour. Why did I do this to myself? Wah!
  • Anything and everything except
    sweets - this baby wants steaks 🥩 and cheeseburgers 🍔 and potatoes 🥔 or French fries 🍟 and grapes 🍇 like 24/7
  • Ugh...nothing but carbs. In the last 48 hours I have eaten a tube of pringles, a grilled cheese, two bread sticks, eggo waffles, and some saltine crackers. I never ever eat like this. Nothing else seems remotely appetizing. I am down almost 10 lbs at this point, so I caved and got the Diclegis prescription filled. @cindler, drunken noodles are my absolute favorite and that will be the first thing I gorge on when I feel better. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • All the sweet breakfast foods (toaster strudels, cinnamon toast eggos, blueberry crepes)
    Currently eating peanut butter english muffin. After weeks of intense nausea I'm now sooo hungry!!
  • Potatoes, eggs, shrimp, pears, rice. It's all I can stomach. Anything dairy or anything with sugar makes me sick for the entire day. All I want are things with gluten...which I can't have due to being celiac...so my cravings are never satisfied.
  • Turkey rolls with chipotle mayo and avocado. 3x a day. 😍
  • @Panaceia I am not supposed to be eating gluten either due to some MTHFR-related bad gut issues and I have been paying the price lately.

Today I'm on reset though, no more gluten for the remainder of my pregnancy. I am prepping a loaf of this seed bread that I LOVE so that I can start griddling some toast for breakfasts or lunches: https://www.mynewroots.org/site/2013/02/the-life-changing-loaf-of-bread/
  • Today, I woke up knowing I HAD to have some chocolate soft serve... And once I have that first spoonful... Bliss. 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 Drunken noodles are the only thing I get from Thai restaurants. DH always tries to get me to branch out, but when I want Thai, I want drunken noodles!
  • I just had a chicken salad from whataburger. I feel like I might get struck by lightening by the Texan gods any second.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Carbs! I used to eat spinach or mixed green salads all the time and now the thought makes me nauseous! Last night I really wanted a fried potato sandwhich (my grandpa used to eat that all the time when I was a kid). It was the only thing that sounded good. I'm also eating a lot of pb&j sandwiches, beef and Chinese food. 
    And am I the only one who is hungry ALL DAY?!?! Between 9-4 I feel like I can't eat enough. Then when I get home, nothing sounds good! I haven't had nausea to the point of throwing up but I still managed to loose about 5 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • Carbs and starches, along with a little protein and some fruit, are pretty much all I can handle right now. I'm good with potatoes, breads, grilled cheese, pastas, string cheese, yogurt, and raspberries. Oh, and gummy candy!! It's a terrible diet these days. The nausea is subsiding, so I'm hoping to get back to eating actual meals in these coming weeks.
  • @mamanbebe Thank you for the link:) This looks SOOOO good!
  • @nopegoat, I think I saw an episode of chopped (food network show), with the owner of whataburger. Is that a Houston based chain?
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @runner_doll, your diet is basically mine. Add in chocolate pudding, dried pineapple and mango. That's about it. 
  • I love Thai food I usually get pad Thai or curry. Are drunken noodles similar to pad Thai noodles?
  • I just had frozen waffles topped with blueberry pie filling. Glad I finally got the pie filling out of the freezer, and that I was able to stomach fruit, but wow that was so much sugar 😖
  • @ameliabedelia-2, yes! Glad I am not alone. Will have to try dried fruits! They actually sound good, at least right now.

• @ameliabedelia-2 I believe Whataburger originated in Corpus Christi, TX. So a Texas based chain that later moved into Florida as well. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • So far I’ve been eating pretty normal. Oatmeal for breakfast during the week and eggs, bacon and toast on the weekends. Snacks have been cottage cheese, almonds, chips and leftover Christmas candy. Dinner is usually some sort of pasta... I’m trying hard to have veggies and more protein but I love my carbs. 
  • @vanillalatte89 drunken noodles are... similar sort of. Fatter wiser noodles, a little spicier. No peanuts. If you like Thai noodles you need to try them :)

DH got me red and green thai curry paste yesterday. Now I can make coconut curry soup or stir fry.
  • @nopegoat Oklahoma has it too. I don't get the obsession a lot of people here and in TX (I lived there for a year and go fairly often) have with it, but I'm not a native of either state.

Pretty sure I've been singlehandedly keeping the local Qdoba and P.F. Chang's in business. Not sure why those two things keep sounding good, especially considering how much I've been nauseous/puking (including puking up both of those), but they've been my main cravings.

Also, DH's department admin assistant made homemade cinnamon candy and gave it out at the holidays and it's been a lifesaver for dealing with the weird taste in my mouth. She was nice enough to get the recipe, but I'm a little scared to try to make it myself, especially because I've heard the oil can splash, etc.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @indulgentgypsy my go-to Thai dish is hooky. It is noodles with yellow curry paste. SO GOOD! 
    I can’t stand pad Thai. It’s too sweet. 
  • @vanillalatte89 I second @indulgentgypsy. Drunken noodles have more substance to them than the rice noodles in pad Thai. It's also a spicier dish compared to your go tos. Also, not cream based.

@hakele what is hooky? Never heard of it. Drunken noodles aren't sweet. If you're looking for a non-sweet noodle dish, they're delicious 
  • Hooky is similar to drunken noodles, but BETTER! 

Stir-fried wide rice noodles with curry powder, bell pepper, snow pea, carrot, green onion, and onion
  • I made a banana-pineapple-coconut milk smoothie yesterday, and it was AMAZING!

I also want popcorn every single day at 4 p.m. I'm so glad I told my coworkers that I'm pregnant, so that now I can eat my daily popcorn with no shame.
  • Also, I've got to try some drunken noodles and Hooky ASAP. My favorite Thai dish is Panang Curry over rice, and I never branch out.
  • @strickland8052 OMG YES. I haven't bought microwave popcorn in YEARS, but I bought a bunch a few weeks ago. Such a random craving.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think all this talk about Thai noodles gave me an insatiable craving for any kind of Asian noodle :D I had this great meal plan put together and all I wanted last night was Asian noodles. Microwave noodle bowl did the trick. Sooooo good :yum: 
  • I have a rump roast in my crockpot for fajitas. Dinner will be done when we get home tonight! Considering the long crummy day we will have ALL had, I thought it was a good plan.
  • Tonight is breakfast for dinner with hash browns, uncured bacon and trying out Bobs Red Mill paleo pancake mix.