August 2019 Moms

STM+ Check-in 12/29-1/5

***Any ladies wanna volunteer to post this every week on Saturday? Let me know and I’ll add your name to our board organization thread***

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are you other kid(s)?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: STM+ Check-in 12/29-1/5

• Where is everyone? I saw a bunch of people saying this was number 3 or 4 in the introduce yourself thread.

How far along are you? How big is baby?
    Not sure yet, will get EDD at Dr. Appointment this week. Estimating 7 weeks.

2 and 3/4
    14 months

Nail- I had my nanny come on Monday even though work was closed, and I took a long nap. (Also did some chores I'd been procrastinating)
    Fail - I didn't latch our bedroom door properly, and #2 got in and broke DH's glasses 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Still not sure how I'm going to go another 5 weeks without telling my mom the big news 

I went to a tiny private girls only highscool average 4 girls in each grade.

@suzycupcake I can take this board, but Saturdays don't work for me. Anyway we can change the post day?
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 9 weeks,  cherry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 15.5 months

Nail: relaxing so much
    Fail: didn't get iron pills for like a week after the blood work results came back.  Dizzy spells every time I get up :#

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: nothing now.

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? I took Arabic lessons when I lived in Egypt for 2 years. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 9+2 a cherry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 18 months

Nails and fails from this week: my parents are here visiting so I’ve been able to relax way more than usual. Fail: we spent the evening in urgent care yesterday for nursemaids elbow. My poor husband is convinced it’s his fault since he was the one holding her hand. Happy to have it behind us. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  I am so tired and nauseated. I actually got sick for the first time last night and I’m just over this phase. I feel guilty that I’m not spending enough time with anyone right now but all I was to do is sleep. 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? Can’t thibk of anything right now... my life isn’t that exciting lol 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 6+6

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 4.5 and 2. It's a bit crazy in this house.

Nails and fails from this week: nails: I've been doing a lot of carpet cleaning with my new steam cleaner. Fails: everything else is being neglected. I'm really short tempered with my poorly behaving bigs. Luckily dh is picking up slack once in hit the couch.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: we go back to work tomorrow. It's been a nice week off! 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? Can't think of anything that most people don't know, but something interesting: I have spreadsheets to track and plan everything. I have a comploccomp color coding system that I have memorized and no one including dh has figured out. I'm boring if that's the most interesting thing I've got! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 7 weeks, blueberry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? Almost 2

Nails and fails from this week: Nothing is coming to mind. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: We planned to start tellng my family after our first US Thursday. We ended up having to tell my mom early yesterday so she could keep nt son while we were at the hospital for my i.v. not how I'd hoped, but such is life. 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? If I wasn't allergic to everything I would probably be an animal rescuer by profession. Even as a kid I used to drag home baby animals in need and help them recuperate & then set them free again.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @mrosek91 I think it might be okay but go to our board organization thread to see if you think it would make sense. Right now, Saturday has the least amount of things being posted. Maybe it doesn’t matter as long as something has a volunteer to post it consistently. Let me know your thoughts. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake if someone else volunteers they can definitely do it, but if not probably better to have someone than no one, I can do it Saturdays but not until at least 7pm, maybe even 9 some weeks. Let's give it a few days to see if anyone else volunteers, and then touch base.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    5wks 2days - peppercorn

15months

Nails: went to the gym 4 times this week and ran just over 10miles in total this week. 
    Fails: I bought the wrong ham for Christmas dinner, luckily it still came out yummy, but it was totally not right. We traditionally do an uncooked smoked ham and finish in the oven with our trimmings, but I totally goofed and got a completely RAW ham from the butcher. So it just tasted like Christmas pork. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    My husband made the comment "you're not THAT pregnant yet"  and "you wanted to be pregnant" when I was being lazy and complaining about having to pee so much. I wanted to smack him. Like um I'm pregnant, how much more pregnant can I be? I just hate that phrasing. Yes I know, this is nothing compared to third trimester miserableness, but I'm allowed to complain if I want to. And yes I wanted to be pregnant but again, doesnt mean I'm supposed to be all cheerful all the time. *insert side eye and hard eye roll*

I have cadaver parts in my leg from my knee reconstruction in 2006. 
    Estimating 6w3d I think.

7 and 4 and a half 

Nail- also lots and lots of relaxing 
    Fail - i was too lazy and got nothing done :)

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Need to just get to 8 weeks and I’ll feel much better about not miscarrying again.  

Eh I’m boring :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @labby18 your "nailed it" makes my "nailed it" look bad 😂 I can't even get any energy right now 😂
    Also,  I hope your h learned to NEVER say that ever again.... I personally would go through 3rd tri 3x over rather than 1st tri once...I hate 1st tri so much. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 6+3, chocolate chip

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 1 and 3 (on the 13th)

Nails and fails from this week: My nail and fail are one and the same... We spent a good portion of the day at my in-laws yesterday, which I don't enjoy in the slightest. (They're very sweet and have a beautiful home, but it's basically an antique store and so far from kid-friendly. Being there is just so difficult with two toddlers.) However, I made it halfway through lunch before excusing myself to the bathroom. I spent a good portion heaving and sick. So nail... Not having to helicopter parent my kids at a non-babyproofed house. Fail... Missing a great lunch and lots of throwing up.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Cats. I love mine dearly, but I'm so over them. I honestly wish we could give them up. If I knew they'd be going to a good, loving home, I'd hand them over in a heartbeat. I feel horrible saying this, because I used to be a die hard animal lover. Then I had kids and I'm just tired of the responsibility and hassle. At least DH is on litter duty now.

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? There is literally nothing interesting about me. Sorry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    6 weeks (I think) so a sweet pea

5, 3 beg of Feb and 1

Nailed becoming one with my mattress and binging terrible tv. Failed because we all got the flu, one at a time. Three kids puking SUCKS. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    I’m tired. I hate it. There is too much that has to happen every. Single. Day. For me to be tired. 

Hmmm, we are building a tiny home. Obviously, we are crazy people and our home will be 500sq ft for the 6 of us. We plan to start building by the end of February depending on savings. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?  9w4d size of a walnut per Ovia

How old is/are you other kid(s)? dd is going to be two this month.. TWO already!!

Nails and fails from this week: been too sick and tired. Our Christmas vacation was such a bust and I’m not a very productive member of this household and I’m super nervous to go back to work feeling like this. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  I can’t wait until the 2nd tri!! And we leave for the Bahamas on Jan 20th so whoop!!

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? Hmmm not much I can think of right now. I love yoga pants!

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @vvitchhazel girl, I feel you on the pets. We have an 8 year old dog we got as a puppy and he is just not friendly with DD. She adores him and he’s just grumpy & mean. Our friend will be taking him this spring before new baby arrives. No more pets for us for a very long time. 
  • @labby18 your "nailed it" makes my "nailed it" look bad 😂 I can't even get any energy right now 😂
    Also,  I hope your h learned to NEVER say that ever again.... I personally would go through 3rd tri 3x over rather than 1st tri once...I hate 1st tri so much. 
    Omg this a million times. Give me the pain, peeing, baby kicking third tri glory. First tri effing sucks. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 7w1d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 6.5 and 2.5

nail: I’ve cooked a ton of recipes from new cookbooks I got and it’s fun but also extremely challenging. 

Fail: I puked on a strangers shoes at the grocery store today and I’m in that first trimester phase where I feel like it’ll never end and I hate it so much. I’m tired, grumpy, sick. I hate first tri. HAAAAATE. Almost as much as I hate trump. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I am annoyed with political goings ons at the moment and also irritated with our nanny. We need to have a talk tomorrow and I’m annoyed about it. 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? Hmm... I have never smoked pot before but a freelance client I am currently working for is selling cannabis everything and marketing it to moms and their children. It’s interesting.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?: 8w1d, size of a jelly bean

How old is/are you other kid(s)?: Daughter is (almost) 9, son is almost 2 1/2.

Nails and fails from this week: My 2-year-old has been a total bedtime nightmare this week. I've lost my patience with him more than I like to admit. Just go to sleep and stop screaming about it! Ahhhh! On the plus side, I feel like I handled something well yesterday; my daughter came to me crying and saying her friend's hamster died. She got super attached to that hamster for some reason. I feel like I supported and comforted her well, even though I was like "dude it wasn't even your hamster" on the inside.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I guess see above? Hahaha.

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?: I have a scar on my left cheek. That scar came from when I was 5 (maybe 6) and was running around my basement and impaled it on the branch of a homemade cat tree my parents made. I had to have stitches and consultations from a plastic surgeon to make sure the scarring wasn't worse than it ended up being.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @labby18 I will virtually smack your husband for you. That's super insensitive. Also, your dead person knee is so cool!!! Do you ever tell people you're part zombie? Cuz I totally would. 

@vvitchhazel gurl I feel you on the cats. I have one cat, Kubo, who is the biggest pesty ass in the world. He wakes me up every morning at like 4 AM. Not my kids... my CAT effing wakes me up. I loved cats until I became a parent, and then they just became too much work.

FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?: TBD - originally thought I was 6 weeks along, but after the shock wore off, I realized that I had tested previously and it was negative so I think I'm actually only 5 weeks, so a teeny tiny orange seed. 

How old is/are you other kid(s)?: 4.5 (5 in March) and 1.5 (2 in April) 

Nails and fails from this week: Nails - I mean, my nails currently look good from a recent manicure ;) Fails - I definitely did not fool anyone on NYE that I wasn't drinking. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: My A17 facebook group is well aware that my work situation is less than ideal and I was in final rounds for a few different positions.  I actually turned down an offer upon finding out I was pregnant because it just didn't make sense, but I have a few other opportunities in the hopper and I'm not sure what to do.  Unpaid leave would be the reality. 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?: This isn't really interesting, but I'm more sensitive than people realize, and I'm discovering my oldest is the same way.  She has a very bubbly personality so people think she's just a social butterfly, but she can be wounded very easily with words. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @peachy0709 do not be discouraged! I took a new opportunity when I was four months pregnant before and negotiated into the terms of
    my offer that I would receive full service credit for all benefits, including maternity. Had 16 weeks fully paid! You can negotiate with them! 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 5w4d, baby is the size of an apple seed

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS is 20 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nails:working a couple half days while our office for the holidays was closed to get my head around planning for 2019 made me feel pumped to come into work today. Fails: I had planned to take down holiday decorations yesterday and spent the time I could have done it on the couch. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm pumped to be back at work, but I would also like to have a Mad Men couch in my office so I could take a nap (or sleep all day). 

GTKY: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you? I was a fairly decent shot putter in high school. Nowadays I have more of a distance runner than thrower build, so people don't expect it. 
  • @runningisrad I totally do hahaha 🧟‍♀️

@MollyH1987 husbands are so obnoxious!! 
    9w2d, Cherry
    13 months 
    Nails: got our house cleaned before my doc appt today
    Fails: Definitely didn't stick with my resolution to be healthier with my fast food lunch
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Why do doctors appointments take forever?!
    I have 5 tattoos, which shocks most people.
  • @suzycupcake since no one else ha volunteered, I will take this topic. Considering mine was the first response and it went up Sunday morning I'm guessing there won't be too much issue if it goes up late Saturday night. If someone has something burning to share they can start it that week.

Since this will be my first time as a thread starter is there anything I should know? Am I supposed to switch up the prompt every week, or keep it the same.

Thanks!
  • Hey @mrosek91 Thanks for circling back around on this. I agree with you. It looks like Thursday would be a good day too if you want that day. As far as the template, you keep everything the same usually, but change the GTKY question. You can add a short blurb at the top about the checkin if you want. Creativity isn't a requirement ;) 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @ash0625 your nails made LOL. I am totally proud of myself showing up to work the 3 days I do 😂🤷🏼‍♀️ But for sure feel you on the fails, too. We’ve been watching a liiiiiittle more TV than usual but first trimester with a baby/toddler is ☠️