August 2019 Moms

Spotting Support! ** TW **

Re: Spotting Support! ** TW **

• Sending all the good vibes your way, @moon1417!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @moon1417 Glad to hear that everything is okay!!
  • Whew! Glad to hear all is well @moon1417!

My weird spotting/colored discharge has returned; it's still just pinkish, sometimes yellow. Super obnoxious. It's not all the time, and it never reaches my undies. It's so frustrating because I keep ping-ponging between being kind of freaked and then feeling like everything's fine. Blah!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi all-  I began spotting (brownish) last week on Friday and continued up until this morning.  Very minimal cramping, nothing I would have noticed had I not had spotting. I had a positive test on Sunday and Monday and again today when I went in for a blood test and will go back on Monday morning to see if levels have doubled or not.  My OB didn’t seem to concerned as the spotting resided and I have have little no pain. I think I’m about 5 weeks and a few days.  My ultra sound is not until the 8th. 

I just hope I leave there Monday morning with good news so that we do not have a cloud hanging over our Christmas. 
  • @justhereforthemusic I’m so sorry. 

I started spotting from 3w6d to 4w4d. My beta was on 4w3d and doubled on 4w5d so that’s good (and my nurse said it was normal) but I started spotting again yesterday (5w).  It’s dark brown and enough to need a pantry liner but not heavy. So ready for my ultrasound on January 2nd to make sure everything’s ok. 
  • I'm so sorry, @justhereforthemusic !  Sending you love!
  • Hi Ladies, I'm quite curious reading your stories, as I've had pretty consistent pink discharge. It's really hard not to get down about it, but I've committed to wait another week until my follow up viability ultrasound. Almost don't dare to hope that there might be a heartbeat. No heartbeat found at last ultrasound (where bean measured 5 weeks 2 days). Want to hope, but yes... it's so hard when you know it could go either way.

• @justhereforthemusic I'm so sorry for your loss. I've experienced it, and I know how hard it is to navigate. I hope you find a way through. Take care of yourself x
  • @maybemaybemaybe sending you lots of good thoughts. It's so, so hard, especially when you're still so early in your pregnancy. FWIW, I spotted with my son—enough to reach a pad, even with some cramping—and everything turned out fine with him. 5w2d is still SUPER early, and I'm not surprised they didn't find a heartbeat. I will have all my fingers crossed for you, keep us posted about your follow-up!

• @purplg8r hugs, spotting sucks but is very normal. are you on PIO or suppositories? either way the extra progesterone can make your cervix more sensitive and spotting therefore normal/to be expected. I hope you have amazing news next week.
    @maybemaybemaybe 5+2 is too early to see a HB, the HB doesn't start till around 6 weeks, sometimes a few days after. I know its hard to wait till the next ultrasound but hopefully you will see that beautiful flutter.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 I’m on PIO. Good to Know that can still affect things.               
  • @runningisrad and @wabash15 thank you so much for your support! I will definitely keep you updated about the results of the ultrasound next week. There have been no further developments with the spotting, so hopefully it's benign. I have to stop driving my husband crazy with my reports on it though :/ 

• Just had some bright red bleeding. Not much, but I am worried this is just the beginning. Laying down the rest of the night and drinking lots of water. First appt isn’t for 2 weeks - should I call my OB tomorrow?
  • @dogmomma096 since it was bright red it doesn't hurt to at least message them so they have a note of it in your file. Typically even if its bright red as long as your not cramping or filling a pad it can be normal. Scary, but normal. I hope you don't have anymore tonight.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @dogmomma096 Since it was red, I would definitely call. They may get you in earlier. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @wabash15 @winchestergirl Thanks ladies. OB’s office is closed until the morning, and unless it gets worse I don’t think it’s worth a trip to the ER. I’ll call in the morning and hope it doesn’t continue. I’ve had no spotting at all so it’s definitely concerning to see red 😕
  • @dogmomma096 just try and take it easy & hydrate. I’d definitely call, maybe they can see you tomorrow so you can get some peace of mind. :)

@maybemaybemaybe have you had your follow up u/s yet?

• Was finally feeling a little more confident in this pregnancy (like enough to post on this board) and of course I start spotting today. I sent a message to my midwife hoping I can get another beta draw to put my mind at ease. I'm further along than before but it's still nerve wracking. Blech.
  • I'm sorry so many of us are dealing with this!

I had light bleeding that started on the 28th. Eased off to mostly spotting. But sharp 1 sided pain which got worse on Sunday. Ended up in the ER worried about ectopic. Bleeding got heavier again while waiting to be seen, and cramps along with the sharp pain. I was pretty sure it was over. 
    Had a SCH with the last MC, but this seemed different.
    However, so far I've been lucky with this one.  All the tests looked good. Had another blood draw today so I'll probably call tomorrow to see if they got the results. No spotting yet today *fingers crossed it stays that way*.
    Still so scared every time I go to the bathroom....

Someone mentioned taking progesterone can make you more likely to spot? Thank you! I wasn't told that!
  • @maybemaybemaybe Great news! The spotting sure is a pain in the butt, but hopefully it’s just one of those things and doesn’t mean anything bad!

• @dogmomma096 so glad the RE is letting you come in. I know it will be hard but 6 weeks can be early to seen the HB, so try not to get too worried if you don't see one. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @dogmomma096 wishing you all the best for the ultrasound, fingers all crossed for you x
  • @dogmomma096 fingers crossed that all is wel! KUP!

• Good luck today @dogmomma096. I am so glad the RE could get you in. 

• Thinking about you today @dogmomma096 - I'm glad you were able to get an appointment, sucks that your OB was not available. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• That is excellent  news @dogmomma096! ❤❤
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @moon1417 I found out I have a SCH today too. I haven’t had any bleeding or spotting but I’m still concerned. I’ve been advised to take it easy as well which is going to be hard with my almost 3 year old.
  • Hooray, @dogmomma096!!!

• @dogmomma096 so glad to hear you had a heartbeat!! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @jmesue1030 sorry to hear that! I def think taking it easy is the best advice, I always notice my spotting stops/slows after I've been less active for a few days.  I hope you don't have to experience spotting!!  I have been told no sexual activity of any kind until sch goes away so also that, while taking it easy. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @dogmomma096 That is great news!

TL;DR Anyone have an explanation for spotting following a BM? Maybe an SCH?

Joining you guys here in the spotting support. I started having very minor dark brown spotting on Tuesday. Yesterday I had pink/dark red mucus-y stuff. TMI but I figured out that it is happening following BM's - I have to pee all the time so usually an hour after I have a BM I have to pee and then I see the spotting, and then the next time I pee it has mostly gone away and then it completely stops. I have a u/s scheduled for Monday so I had decided not to call my clinic because I knew all the things they would say and that there isn't really anything to be done. *TW bleeding/loss Well, today same trigger but bright red blood instead of just spotting. I was in a meeting and when I got out I was dying to pee and there was blood in my underpants and I think a little also came out while peeing. Just checked again and it seems like it let up. I have had four previous mc's but if it is an mc it would be atypical for me because my body usually hangs on real tight and I don't actually start to mc until well after my HCG is dropping. Kind of wondering if it's an SCH or something getting aggravated when I poop? My body has a real sense of humor as now I have to decide if I want to try to call the emergency line at my clinic end TW*

• @moon1417 yeah no problem there 😂 we were told pelvic rest as well... I’ve been so tired at night that hasn’t been on my mind anyway 
  • @zamora_spin so... Silly question, but you are sure it's a PV bleed? (Not rectal). (Sorry, Im sure you checked! Just wanted to make sure).
    My last pregnancy, my SCH would bleed every time I had a BM. I never got an explaination from the doc or midwife as to why though. I was told as long as it was a small amount of spotting, and pink or reddish, that I shouldn't worry.
    Which is easier said than done. Given my outcome last time, I can't help but worry every time I spot this pregnancy. I try not to, but still.

I feel like you can totally justify calling in if you have bleeding that reached your underwear. I have my fingers crossed for you!!!
  • @chillycanadian Thank you. It’s definitely vaginal bleeding I’m seeing and worrying about. TMI but I also seem to have a hemorrhoid or something that is causing some rectal bleeding (and general discomfort) as well during a BM, aggravated by the way everything kinda slows down during pregnancy - so basically nothing is quite right down there but there is definitely vaginal spotting and bleeding (happens an hour or so after the BM). I did call - mostly because I wondered if I should stop my low dose aspirin and I talked to a nurse. She said basically everything I thought she would about it - they see a lot of women have exactly the same thing and be fine, pelvic rest, call if things get worse. She was very nice about me crying on the phone to her after hours  :#
  • I'm 10 weeks pregnant and spotting on and off. It is scary but I'm hoping it is nothing serious. My doctor said that unless I'm bleeding, it isn't an emergency. I'm trying hard to stay positive during this pregnancy. I hope my baby is healthy.