2. Previous loss(es)?

3. Any appointment updates?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

Re: PGAL w/o 12/31

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 6w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC, CP, LC feb 16, CP, MMC, 2 more CPs this fall

3. Any appointment updates? 7w ultrasound on Wednesday at the RE. We saw a good heartbeat last week but I’m still so anxious. My nightmares are UNREAL

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? I still haven’t called a real Ob yet. It’s just so hard to be positive and I know they cancel appointments all the time but I’m dragging my feet

6. Any milestones coming up? Last 7w ultrasound I had descended into MMC hell (SGA, then low heart rate a week later then to heartbeat. Then failed cytotec and finally a D&C 1.5 months after we knew it was going south) 

@zamora_spin I’m so sorry for your losses and completely understand your anxiety. I have everything crossed for a beautiful, strong heartbeat next week and that this is your take home baby. We did the NIPT with DD and I think they helped my anxiety a bit—we then had an elevated AFP scare with an additional 16w anatomy scan to check development and some more u/s to check growth but she’s 100% fine and a very sassy near 3 year old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice to see you here @mwmiller4! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

1. 5w 6d both by LMP and by the emergency US I had yesterday

2. 2 MC. First in 2015, second was this past April at 10w3 where I almost didn't survive. DH has been concerned about losing me since then. 

3. My first OB appointment was /is scheduled for Jan 9. But went to ER yesterday as I was presenting as an ectopic. We had a follow up this morning at an early pregnancy clinic. Have more blood work scheduled, and another US in 9 days if baby sticks. For now, our gestational sac and  yolk sac is in my uterus, and betas are good! Hopefully we get to see a heartbeat at our next appointment!

4. I'm trying not to be scared. (And failing haha). At least it's not ectopic, so baby has a chance. I'm going to hold onto that little bit of hope. Not sure how to get through the waiting. We do have a great support network. I'm kinda disappointed that a bunch of my coworkers found out because they saw me in the ER yesterday. We havent even had a chance to tell my family yet. But whatever. The more support the better, right?

4. Fingers crossed for the next US to have a HB. Tomorrow will be half way through the first trimester. Long way to go before I'll feel able to breathe though! (Do you ever feel better though?!)
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 9+2

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 weeks in July 2016

3. Any appointment updates? Midwife appointment tomorrow to follow up on low iron blood work.  No check on baby at all until the anatomy scan and then they check heartbeat on doppler at every appointment after that,  but having literally nothing from conception until the anatomy scan is nerve wracking especially when it seems most people on here will have had 1-2 ultra sounds before then :o

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? Don't think so.  Baby is officially a fetus and not an embryo anymore though :)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @chillycanadian I’m so happy you’re here, too!!! And while I’m sorry you had such a scare, I’m so glad that everything looked on track. FX for more good news (and that the wait goes quickly) 

@BigBadWolf12 that’s such a long time to wait! I’m so sorry—is your anatomy scan sooner than 20 weeks at least? It seems crazy they don’t Doppler before that! We heard DD heartbeat via Doppler at 11 weeks, I’m pretty sure (it was my second 1st trimester appointment so I think the math checks out...)
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 7w 1d

2. Previous loss(es)? October 2018, we found out at the 12 week appointment. There was a heartbeat at the dating scan but baby was measuring small compared to my LMP 

3. Any appointment updates? I have my first appointment this Friday— there will be an US so I’m just praying for a heartbeat and baby to be measuring on track.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? Not really. I feel like shit but that is reassuring to me that things are progressing. Last time I never had bleeding/spotting or cramping but I did have a sudden drop off of symptoms around 9 weeks. So as long as j feel like crap I’m good in my mind.

6. Any milestones coming up? The first US will be helpful but I really just want to get to 12 weeks 
  • Options
    denma2015denma2015 member
    edited January 2019
    @mwmiller4 hang in there.  I totally understand how you feel.  After you have a MC when you see the heartbeat you just Never feel quite settled. Fingers crossed that little baby keeps developing normally.

@chillycanadian hoping that next us shows more growth.  

1. How many weeks are you? 6w5d

2. Previous loss(es)? Three in 2018

3. Any appointment updates?  I had my first US last Friday.  It was so fast I couldn’t even snap a picture.  Baby had a heartbeat but they couldn’t get an accurate number (which of course freaks me out).  I guess until we get to the genetic testing and AS I’m going to continue worrying about another baby with a Trisomy.  However this go around I’m a lot less anxious and feel like everything will be okay.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? My symptoms are in full swing. Boobs are getting huge. Nausea is an all day event. Thankfully I have not thrown up. Fatigue is setting in. I keep reminding myself to be happy for the symptoms.

anyone else on baby aspirin? I keep getting nosebleeds from it

6. Any milestones coming up?  I passed two of my three miscarriages. They both happened very early before seeing anything on ultrasound. Feeling like if we can get through the next couple of weeks everything should be great. My next ultrasound is on January 10 when I hit eight weeks. Thankfully the RE I’m seeing has been really great. My OB is actually a close friend of mine so I’m looking forward to getting back to her office as well. I’m lucky I have so many Health professionals that care about my little baby.

• Options
    How many weeks are you? About 8

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss, MMC blighted Ovum diagnosed at my 7 week scan

3. Any appointment updates? Follow up ultrasound on the 8th to check for growth 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns?

Baby was measuring a week smaller 6+1 than my LMP 7+2 but had a heartbeat of 120.  I've been pretty good about trying not to worry to much but tonight I went down a google rabit hole. I'm so sick and tired all the time. I just don't know if this is another MMC I'll be able to try again. The first trimester is so bad for me. I'm feeling really sorry for myself tonight.

6. Any milestones coming up? Just one more week of praying for baby to grow
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 nope. ... no checks on baby at all until a/s at 18-20 weeks.  Last time I had it on 18+2 so here's to hoping they schedule me early in that range again!  Doppler and fundal height checks start after that at 24/25 weeks. Womp.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @BaylieGirl keeping my hopes up for you.  Do you think your dates could be off a little.  I know US is +/- 4 days for dating.  a heart rate of 120 at 6w 1d is good!  I hope the next 7 days go quickly
  • Options
    @denma2015 I’m so glad you found a good RE and an awesome OB! It makes such a difference when you feel like they actually care about how you and baby are doing—and that everyone is just as concerned as you are. I’m on baby aspirin and lovenox—no nosebleeds yet but I got them (without being on anything) with my daughter. The humidifier helped a bit but I ended up coating the insides of my nostrils with aquaphor which helped the most. 

@BaylieGirl sending you so many hugs—the first trimester is absolute misery without questions about dating—that heart rate is awesome for sure! I hope the time passes quickly and your next scan goes beautifully :heart:
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you?: 8w1d

2. Previous loss(es)?: 1 early loss (before 7 weeks) in December 2007

3. Any appointment updates?: First ultrasound is January 8th! Less than a week away!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns?: **TW SPOTTING** I have been spotting on and off basically this whole pregnancy. Lately it seems to be only in the morning and oddly enough, usually precedes/follows a bowel movement. It's never worse than some pinkish/orangeish discharge, and it doesn't last more than a few wipes. So I'm annoyed with that. 

6. Any milestones coming up?: Hopefully seeing a nice strong heartbeat next Tuesday! 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I'm glad you here. I totally understand your fears. We had a MMC where we saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks and saw none at 12 weeks. It makes it tough to put real weight on a HB milestone. 

@BigBadWolf12 That would drive me crazy. I have a doppler from my last pregnancy that I'll break out at some point. 

1. How many weeks are you? 
    7+5

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 MMC & D&C February 2017

3. Any appointment updates? I have my first appt. tomorrow over lunch. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns? I am in a love/hate relationship with my 1st trimester symptoms. I feel like warmed up crap, but the times where I feel fine I start to over-think. 

• Options

Feels like Monday all over again… blech!

@mwmiller4 Good luck today at the u/s! I hope everything goes smoothly. I can totally understand not wanting to make the OB appt yet. When would your RE release you?

@chillycanadian How are you doing? I'm sorry so many folks found out about your pregnancy by accident but I hope they do turn out to be a good support.

@bigbadwolf12 How was your midwife appt? Are you in the US? Waiting all the way until the AS to see the baby would drive me crazy!

@jmesue1030 Good luck on Friday at your appt. I'm sorry you had that experience of having symptoms drop off, I'm sure that is making you hypervigilant.

@denma2015 I'm glad your baby had a HB, that early I think in can be hard to measure sometimes. That is so great that you have an RE and OB you trust. I hope the time passes quickly for you until your next u/s.

@bayliegirl I'm sorry you have that stress of measuring behind where you think you should be. The HB at such a good rate is  a good sign. If you weren't tracking/aren't totally sure on O date it's possible you are just a little less far along then you thought. Also, that early a tiny mismeasurement can have a big impact on dating. I hope you see a perfect bean next week.

@runningisrad I'm sorry you are dealing with frequent spotting. It can definitely be totally normal but no one wants to see that when they are pregnant. I am having a small amount of brown spotting yesterday and today, and even though I know it can be no big deal, I can't help but freak out just a tiny bit. I hope it lets up soon to give you a break from the worry of it.

@ash0625 Thank you. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow, let us know how it goes. Symptoms can be such a mixed bag, and I'm glad you're finding comfort in feeling crappy!

AFM The independent lab was closed yesterday so I got my additional beta result today and it looked good - good doubling since last week and also good number for 25 dpo/20dp5dt. Like I mentioned above I did start spotting just a tiny bit off and on since yesterday evening. It's definitely brown and could easily be from irritation of my cervix (I am on progesterone suppositories) or just some implantation remnants. Still would prefer it stop and not get worse! I still don't have typical pregnancy symptoms (like nausea), which seems normal for me, although I have gotten very tired a couple times and my boobs are starting to get a tiny bit sore. My hair is very oily this week and I'm starting to break out, especially on my scalp. I always just have the weird, less common pregnancy symptoms :D

• Options
    @zamora_spin full update in the January appointment thread,  but it went well,  thanks :) I'm in Sweden.  Last pregnancy I had just started infertility testing when we got spontaneously ku but it meant I did wiggle my way into an early scan,  which was SO helpful.  Then at the end,  DS was breech and so stuck in place that his movement really declined so I had extra monitoring and scans at the end too, which was super helpful....

big TW in spoiler
    My parents had a stillborn child at full term,  so my anxiety really ramped up at the end too

But this time we got ku easily so i wasnt under any pregnancy related care already so I don't get an early scan. And I'm hoping that there's no reason to need another Scan at the end due to anxiety or high risk factors of course.  So far this first tri has been much less anxiety filed than with DS so I hope I keep going on that path!  :#

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @mwmiller4 congrats on a good appointment!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @zamora_spin thanks girl!! Every time I think about the apt I get super anxious. Friday morning is going to be interesting. Congrats on your good lab numbers!!
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 That is awesome news! Are you currently doing PIO? I am just on suppositories - one 200mg pill twice a day. My FET was natural cycle (so I ovulated and in theory have a corpus luteum cyst also producing progesterone) and I've never had low progesterone so I think that's why I am just doing the suppositories. I don't mind them really - if you do end up doing suppositories I recommend making sure the pharmacy gives you ones that are not red - mine are yellow gel caps with white inside. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin no, I’m on oral prometrium (verrrry red orange, hence my hesitation). I’ve never had progesterone problems that I know of—my RE is very aggressive and supplements anything under 25. So I got put on 200mg 2x daily right before Christmas when my numbers dipped to 20. It was at 74 last week after they upped it so I’m curious to see what it was today. 
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 have you noticed any side effects with your progesterone? I'm supposed to take it right before bed. But I work nights sometimes. I figure I should be taking it every 24 hours so I take it during my night shift. But then I feel AWFUL for 2 hours .Light headed and dizzy, difficulties focusing, stumbling..... But I only notice them on night shifts. 

@zamora_spin thank you! The doc has me off work, so I've got to avoid the rumour mill haha. I'll get to tell my family this weekend and then I won't care who knows. We did text a few close people from work to make sure they heard it from us instead of the grapevine though!
    Also...my cousin just went through her whole pregnancy with almost no symptoms! She didn't announce till 5 months because she wasn't convinced she was pregnant haha.

@runningisrad any pain with the bleeding? Have they checked for a SCH? My last pregnancy the spotting would get worse with a BM and that's what it was for me.

@ash0625 I hope your appointment goes well!

@denma2015 I was supposed to be on ASA as soon as getting a BFP as per my OB. But I opted not to take it as it is contraindicated for internal bleeds, and I have a polyp (which may be causing my spotting). I don't get to see my OB till Jan 9, but the ASA will cause me more harm than good so I won't be taking it. Do you have a diagnosed clotting condition? Have you been able to talk to your provider about the nose bleeds? Those aren't fun. I'm sorry you're dealing with that!
  • Options
    @ash0625  anxious waiting for an update!! 

@chillycanadian I feel like I’ve been hit with an elephant tranquilizer after I take the morning dose. It’s gotten a little better as I’ve adjusted over this week but SO TIRED. I
     worried about school starting next week since my afternoon kiddos need the most love/encouragement/patience and I’m like alllll done and nauseous by 11 am since that seems to be about when my MS kicks in most days when I’m pregnant. I can’t believe you’re doing nights while pregnant—you’re a super hero!!!
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 I can't believe you have to get through a day after taking it!!! That would be so brutal!! At least I uuuusually get to sleep through the effects! (We work 12 hr shifts, 2 days, 2 nights and then 3.5 off). 
    It is so hard to be patient and encouraging in early pregnancy! Half the time I'm biting my tongue from snapping at DH for breathing haha.
    I hope the effects will decrease for you as your body gets more used to it!
  • Options
    zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited January 2019
    @chillycanadian @mwmiller4 I've never taken progesterone orally but I understand it does have a lot more side effects that way as opposed to suppositories. If it's messing with your ability to do your job/live life I'd suggest asking your dr if you can switch to a suppository. My suppository is a pill that I think is also used orally. Again, I recommend if you are going to do the suppositories you talk to your pharmacist to see what the options are - there are some name brands and some generics, and the generics are much cheaper. They also come in different colors - mine is a yellow generic from Vertis labs I think, I have been on a red one before and I asked to switch. Early pregnancy fatigue is real (and often progesterone related) but I don't find that the suppositories cause a sudden onset of fatigue. One thing I've heard about the suppositories is it won't impact the blood levels as much, but it still is helping -- the progesterone goes right into the uterus. Idk, it's worth asking if you're having bad side effects. 
    eta - I will say some people seem to hate the suppositories. I don't mind them, I just use a pantyliner after putting the morning one in (usually I lie down after the evening one, so it doesn't leak). I think there is also a gel that is sometimes used and I've heard it's very messy. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin thank you! I'll discuss the option with my OB next Wednesday if I'm still getting side effects! I can't go 8 months of night shifts if the side effects don't decrease haha

So I just got a call from a lovely nurse at the early pregnancy clinic I was referred to following my ER visit earlier this week. My betas doubled in 72 hours. And my TSH was perfect! So that helps ease some of the anxiety I was having over the decreasing symptoms (boobs feel less ..full .though nipples are super sore now..)

Now I just have to try to breathe and relax as much as possible (HA!)
  • Options
    Appointment went well. My OB is amazing and knew I was anxious. She said "Lets take a look at that baby first, then we can chat." I didn't look at the screen, and then I did and it took a hot second, BUT low and behold there was a tiny blob with a tinier heartbeat. So much relief! I'll get another scan at 12 weeks and maybe some day I'll relax? 
  • Options
    @chillycanadian and @ash0625 that’s great news! So happy for both of you!!! And I 100% feel you on the “relaxing”
  • Options
    @chillycanadian no pain; I’ve had a little general discomfort on and off but it doesn’t always correlate with the spotting. Feels more like bloating/stretching discomfort. I havent had my first appointment yet (it’s 1/8), so we will see if a SCH is a possibility. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Had our appointment this morning. Baby looks fine and heart is beating... as much as I wish that gave me relief it really doesn’t since we’ve seen a HB and everything has gone to shit in the past. The doc also saw a blood clot on the US and explained that it can increase the risk of MC. the technical name is subchorionic hematoma. He said he would still consider my risk of MC to be 20-25%.  My heart dropped when I heard that. Upon coming home, chatting with a friend who also had this, and doing a little research online, I feel a little better. Seems like his % was a bit high compared to the research. But I still deal unsettled and fearful. Was really hoping today would put my mind at ease. :(
  • Options
    @jmesue1030 I'm glad you saw the HB but totally understand that doesn't alleviate all your fears. I'm sorry about the SCH. Those are especially common in IVF pregnancies, and they seem to resolve without issue a great deal of the time. I also sometimes wonder if a lot of people get SCH's and just never know if they don't have early bleeding and get an early u/s. A friend of mine IRL had one after doing IVF and she was told not to fly jic and it resolved, and I've known a lot of ladies on the boards who had them and had healthy babies. 

@ash0625 That's great, glad the appt went well. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin thanks, that is comforting to know. I’m trying to stay calm and positive. 
  • Options
    @jmesue1030 I replied in the appointments thread, but seeing that you are PGAL, I wanted to chime in here too. I was PGAL when I had my SCH, which made it extra nerve wracking. I'd also seen a HB with my loss so seeing a HB was never a big reassurance that everything was ok. I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to send some additional support. I was in a PGAL group with my DS, and at least one other member had an SCH and she also went home with a healthy beautiful baby as well. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @Amdogger82 thank you for the post and sending your support. Hearing so many success stories is reassuring <3
  • Options
    @jmesue1030 thinking of you! I, too, wish I could feel more relief after seeing a HB. Instead, it just feels like another box to check until we get to the 11-12 week scan. 
  • Options
    @jmesue1030 ughhh...that’s so stressful—I don’t have any experience with SCH but I have everything crossed that it resolves quickly and you have a very normal pregnancy ahead :heart:
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 thank you! All I can do is take it easy and try to carry on with my life until the next appointment... Thanks everyone for the support.