Week 1 check-in w/o 12/31

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Week 1 check-in w/o 12/31

• Due date: 4/2

Any appointments? Questions? Shots. Glucose test. Regular ob appt. and another growth ultrasound before we’re likely to get this posted next week (thanks @lilpotatomama)

Rants/Raves? Managing to get quite a bit done now that holidays are past and I can focus on things like putting the Christmas tree away (potential for broken ornaments just went WAY down) and clearing paper from my office in prep for FIL sometimes staying there. Also I found my wallet so I can actually order the rest of my Xmas gifts!

Also, DH has found the Netflix series starring Marie Kondo (think Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up) which means he has finally gone through and tossed a bunch of ratty clothes that are embarrassing to have in the house. I’m enforcing a rule that he can only watch if actually Tidying Up.

Rant: who are these airbnb people that book summer vacations on New Years? who has leftover money for this after Xmas shopping?

How are you feeling? Like a glutton. Also I’m definitely still dealing with the back injury. Sleep is all over the place.

Not communicating the plan. I’m guilty too, but it especially bothers me in the context of personal relationships. Just let me know how late you’re going to be so I can decide to wait or go do something else.

• s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited January 2019
    Due 4.2

Any appointments? Questions?

No appointments. What exactly is causing an ache in the pubic bone area?

Rants/Raves?

My husband is finally having his car towed to a car shop. Yes! He admitted he can't solve the issue and the place it's getting towed to, which has good reviews, said that if they can't figure out what's wrong with it, they won't charge for the time/labor and they will refer him to a place that could likely diagnose the issue. That's an awesome deal.

We finished working on one side of the attic. We're going to try to get the other side done in 1 month. Our goal is to have everything back in our attic by our Baby Shower (Feb 9th). I'm taking on more hours at work Jan + Feb so we've got to really be committed to this goal!

My maternity leave starts March 1st so it will be nice to have a little extra income before baby comes and I stop working.

How are you feeling?

Good, aside from the aches and pains. I understand that my pregnancy has been easy compared to others.

When people I'm coordinating with don't make clear plans ahead of time/make it impossible for me to have clear plans ahead of time.

For example, asking my employer when I would be back to work after the new year: December 13th, on my last day of work for the year, I had asked her to let me know during the break when she needs me to return in January. She got back to me yesterday on the date I start back! I had asked her again over the phone after Christmas and she told me "I haven't looked at the schedule yet but it's like the second week of January, I'm pretty sure." She has the schedule at home with her, there's no reason to wait so long to respond.

• Loading the player...
  • @mighty_montgomery no idea on the pelvic pain but some others have talked about pelvic girdle pain - maybe that?

YAY on the car, and YAY on the attic! Remind me on what you’re doing up there?
  • Due date: April 7th

Any appointments? Questions? Not this week.

Rants/Raves? I just want a good nights sleep! 😭

How are you feeling? Like crap. Nauseous, swollen, huge, ya know like the end of pregnancy! 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Slow drivers in the fast lane! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @mighty_montgomery SPD and PGP are the usual suspects when it comes to an aching pelvis. 

@lyse01 I didn’t know there was a Netflix series! Loved the book. Need to check that out. 
  • @HGRich there is a surprising amount of untranslated Japanese :)
  • @HGRich @lyse01 Thanks! & I'll talk to my doctor about the pain and see what she says too. We are taking out the old insulation and re-doing it. My husband says it wasn't put in the right place by the previous owners. They attached it to the ceilings of the attic and didn't put any on the bottom.

Rants/Raves? I just want a good nights sleep! 😭 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Slow drivers in the fast lane! 

Yes & yes!! Even with benadryl 😓 A friend of mine told me her doctor advised her to drink a glass of wine before bed to help her sleep. That was 30 years ago, though.

So, last week around Christmas, I wrote a rant about staying at family's home for the holiday in which the son was sick with a cough that they didn't really talk about but that the boy had a fever and was taken to the ER, the mother told me it wasn't contagious, etc., and I would have appreciated being notified ASAP considering my pregnancy. I heard from my brother today that he and his wife are sick and she has been admitted to the hospital! Miraculously DH and I are fine, considering how often my nephew coughed in our faces. It just further upsets me that they weren't up-front about his illness, but I'm so relieved DH and I didn't catch it. 
  • Due date: 4/1

Any appointments? Questions? Had an appointment with MFM today.  He said baby and I are looking good, so that made me happy.  Very specific on baby’s size- 3 lbs 3 oz.  holy huge baby already.  Regular OB appointment on Tuesday.  Every 2 weeks from here on out.  We are in the home stretch ladies! 

Rants/Raves? Oh so many rants, I could write a novel.  Sum it up to say, I’m feeling like a spoiled child because no one has even thought about planning a shower for us.  I thought that since we were pretty sure this would never happen, people would be jumping at the chance to do this for us, but they aren’t.  (I will say my mom has started in the last day or so thinking about it)  any shower we have won’t be until the first or second weekend of March, which doesn’t give us much time.  Also, I already foresee a fight with MIL about anything and everything (dates, money, food, decorations).  See, spoiled brat, pity party of 1 here.  

How are you feeling? Pretty good, get out of breath easily though.  Knock on wood, haven’t had a ton of sciatica pain in the last week. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  I have so many, but I can’t stand when people talk with their mouth full.  MIL is a huge offender of this, it’s so gross and rude.  Also, people that don’t wash their hand after using the bathroom.  Eww! 

• Due date: April 3
    Appointments/Questions:
    No appointments this week but I do have a question about the playpen I just ordered - if I want to use the high level as baby’s bassinet for a while, should I get a foam mattress to go inside? (Also - such amazing baby equipment deals on the bestbuy website - who knew?) 

Rants/Raves: 
    Im a teacher on holidays so I am just basically living my best life right now! Definitely not looking forward to Monday!
    My main rant is still my nightly sinus congestion. Standing up = totally clear. Lying down = my body doesn’t want me to have oxygen. 

How are are you feeling?
    See above! Also had a great massage on my fascia this week that helped with back/sciatic pain. Didn’t know what fascia was before that!

GTKY:
    My pet peeve is when people are not helpful. Also, my MIL thinks she’s just making conversation but she is constantly asking me how much the things I have cost. Not polite conversation, Brenda! (Don’t worry, I never tell her)

• @suchagoodone we just moved the padded part that wraps around the playpen/is the bottom of the playpen up a level. DD never slept in it so I don’t have a clue whether she would have preferred a thicker mattress.
  • @lyse01 Oh I didn’t know there was a pad in the bottom! Just ordered it this week and I am definitely a newb when it comes to all this! I’ll have to check that out when it arrives. 
  • @suchagoodone there is a pad but it's very thin.  We tried using it as a bassinet for my LO but she didn't like it, I think even swaddled it was too open for her.   Also, they do sell mattresses to go in a pack n play, we got one and used it when LO got bigger (maybe around 3-4 months) and we traveled to visit family.  It was a good investment cause she slept better on it. Each baby is different so it'll probably be trial and error. 
  • +1 for Pack N Play mattresses! I plan on getting one.