Infertility

December IUI

Re: December IUI

• @celticknotfire I do have 1 last HPT I could take, but I think I'd rather wait to get a positive blood test so I can take the HPT and see a positive at home with my own eyes! :D

@pegs007 the cramping wasn't unbearable. It definitely hurt more once they pulled it to straighten it, but the cramping wasn't as bad as my HSG

@bobella22 feeling good! Now I have to keep my mind off the TWW!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Hey everyone - I was in the November post and I've been lurking in the December one keeping my FX for everyone! I did my trigger shot last night and will do the IUI tomorrow. The doctor changed things up this time around, since I ovulated on my own last time, so this time I actually got to use the trigger shot. I'm feeling pretty good right now, much more positive than last time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @31magnolia good luck tomorrow. 

@pegs007 I did was so antsy during my 2ww! I broke down on day 12 and and took a test in the middle of the night and it was positive. This month I started working out again which helped. Just listening to my body and not pushing it to far I think I read to keep heart rate under 150 so I’ve been watching that. 

@bobella22 the power of positivity it real!!! You are going to think I’m nuts but in the 15 min that I was laying there afterwards I just kept visioning the animation of the sperm and egg. I know it sounds way out there but I figured it didn’t hurt! We also BD the most this time too. 
  • @mooret1118 - You are right, one needs that balance during such times.I miss my workouts too, gaining weight with no physical activity :(

@31magnolia - Lots of good luck for tomorrow

• *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Hey ladies. Happy New Year. Hope you are all doing well. I'm not even halfway through this tww and going nuts. 
        Does anyone have any updates? 
    @mooret & @celticknotfire are either of you going back to Dr. Soon? 
       How are the rest of you on the tww doing?
  • @bobella22 my only update is that I started the progesterone suppositories on Monday. Only 8 more days until I go in for testing!

Question - not sure if I've asked this here, but my normal LP length is 12 days. I go in on the 10th to check for pregnancy and my progesterone levels. Assuming I O'ed on the day of my IUI, the 27th, I'll be past my normal LP length by the time I go in for the testing. Is the progesterone going to lengthen my LP? I've heard that it can help those with LP defects so can it also keep AF at bay even if I don't get KU?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bobella22 I have to wait until 01/09 for my first US and it feels like forever!  I thought IF was a lot of waiting but turns out pregnancy is just as bad.  GL with your TWW.  Do you go to your RE for a beta or are/do you test at home?

@inthewoods23 I never got AF until I stopped the progesterone but everyone is different.  I'm sure you know by now but the progesterone can mimic pregnancy symptoms which just makes it even harder.  FX for the 10th!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire hmm good to know!

I keep reminding myself to ignore any symptom being on the progesterone now. The one cycle my boobs were super tender, more than they had ever been, I was convinced I was KU! And then AF showed..  :/
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Hey ladies. I'm actually not going nuts because I'm not expecting anything this time around. My SO was extremely ill the day of the IUI and so we couldn't make it. Dr. then stated to do timed intercourse and even that wasn't an option because he was extremely ill. AND unlike last month the RE told us NOT to BD the night of the the trigger and the day before the IUI. So unless some miracle happens from us having sex three days before the scheduled IUI I'm counting this cycle out. I should have gone with my gut and had BD the night of the trigger...lesson learned!

@bobella22 sounds like yours went OK. That's good. 

FX to all those during their tww. 

• @inthewoods23 yes the progesterone def has tricked me a few times with its symptoms. Was told that it prepares lining for implantation and helps to support a pregnancy.
    @celticknotfire yay for 1/9. I will be going in for beta 1/11. 
        I'm trying my best not to stress but its my 4th IUI and my RE said that if it doesn't work out for me will have to move on to IVF. Our insurance will not cover it so we will have to take a break and figure out what we will do.
    @31magnolia sorry it didn't work out for you but you can't count yourself out until the wicked witch shows up.
    @mooret1118 how was your second beta?
  • @mooret1118 @inthewoods23 any updates ladies?  

@celticknotfire keep us posted on the US. How exciting! 

At the RE now for my 3rd IUI, FX! Third times a charm! 
  • GL @bmaty0214!

I picked up some more absorbent and longer pantiliners and things weren't a mess from the progesterone yay! 1 more week of the TWW for me!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @celticknotfire you aren’t kidding the tww doesn’t seem bad when they start talking waiting 6 weeks!!! 

My beta on 12/31 was 953 so it’s going on a positive direction. Because of the holiday I haven’t herd back from them to schedule my first us but I did schedule my transfer appointment for the ob since I’m seeing a new dr that is closer to my house. I learned my lesson with the RE to find a closer dr. 

@bobella22 how many days left in your tww. 

@31magnolia you are nicer than me girl. I would have made him go to the white room! I was really hoping this was your month. 
  • @mooret1118 I go back next Friday for beta.  Yay for your high second beta!!! 
    Was wondering if @mooret1118 & @celticknotfire if you had any symptoms before your bfp? Anything feel diff?
    @bmaty0214 fx for you this cycle!
  • @bobella22 it's hard to say if I had any symptoms because the progesterone can mimic pregnancy.  I did have really sore breasts but I don't know if it was the progesterone or pregnancy.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @bobella22 Thanks! Now TWW until the 17th.
  • BFN for me. GL to you all for your cycles
  • Oh no @pegs007 so sorry to hear. Will you be doing another iui next month? 
  • @bobella22 - Its so hard to pull yourself together after back to back IUI failures. I have become pessimistic and clueless at this moment, not sure if I want to do one more IUI or take a break then move to IVF.
  • @bobella22 I also was on progesterone this month. Honestly I purchased a box of tests on Sunday when I hadn’t had any bleeding at that point like previous months. Then Monday early morning I couldn’t sleep and woke up to take a test just to get some sleep! I don’t really remember having symptoms at that point. 
  • @mooret1118 - thank you for your comment!. That totally made me laugh. Unfortunately, there was no way anything was happening. He looked like a zombie and kept running to the bathroom. Not sure if he had food poisoning or a stomach virus. Also, he can't do the white room, we've tried three times and it just doesn't happen. So we always bring in a sample. 
  • Lol @the white room. My hubby hates going in there but bc we are a little far from the RE he feels better not having to travel long with it.
        Embarassing yet funny story. When I went in for the IUI, I overdid it with the full bladder. I thought I was going to pee myself as I waited in the exam room for over 30 minutes. When he finally shows up, I tell him I really gotta go. He assures me it will be quick then  realizes my bladder was way too full to do the IUI. I had to get up with this tiny paper cover up that barely covered anything and waddle over to the bathroom across the hall to let some pee out. Was so embarassing. The other nurses in the hall saw me too as they had to keep other patients from going into the hall. I wanted to die but got the iui done.
  • @bobella22 I had to wander over the the bathroom as well for mine with the little sheet to cover me, but they thought it was because my bladder was pushing my cervix making it difficult to get the catheter in. Our fertility is quiet and I think it's only ever been me there during my appointments so I don't run the risk of seeing someone else that isn't an RN or the RE.

Emptying my bladder didn't help... They had to pull my cervix to straighten it out! But like you say, got it done!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bobella22 - LOL! Thanks for that story! Had my progesterone check and consult with the RE. I needed the laugh. 
    Yeah, my SO and I even stayed the night before the IUI in a hotel room closer to the office. Since the IUI was on a Saturday it wasn't at our normal place and there was no way we were going to get a sample to the Saturday office within 30 minutes. We jumped through so many hoops for this cycle...all for it not to happen. And on top of that not even to be able to do timed intercourse. :(
    I believe we're going to try again in January. And this time I will follow my gut and just BD as much as possible w/the exception of the night before the IUI. I still don't know why they told us not to do anything the night of the trigger. He had AMAZING numbers last time and that was with us BD the night before the IUI. Oh well. Lesson learned. Lol.  I want at least one successful IUI (first one I ovulated to early)  before I take a break. 
  • Also, how many of you thought the "white" room would have magazines? I walked in and thought "this is nothing like TV". Lol.
  • @celticknotfire good luck on your ultrasound today! Would love updates
    @mooret1118 when do you go back to dr? How you feeling?
    @inthewoods23 I have my fx for you for tomorrow! Did you take any tests or just going to wait until tomorrow?
    I have 2 days until my beta and am dying to know but I purposely didnt pick up any tests bc I know I wouldn't be able to wait. This is our 4th last IUI and then we will take a break I guess and discuss ivf. No pressure uterus... its only your last chance before you have to spend thousands of dollars and to ride a new emotional rollercoaster. Lol 
    How is everyone else doing? 

• @bobella22 FX crossed for you that this is the last and SUCCESSFUL IUI!  I take my beta next Thursday, 1/17! This TWW sucks and HPT I have at home are staring at me right in the face. But I’m fighting the urge ... 8 days left!

Best wishes to all!  <3
  • @bobella22 I have 1 HPT left. I refuse to use it until the RE tells me I'm KU so I can take it the next day and see a BFP at home  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • US didn't go very well.  Based on date of conception I should be 7 weeks along.  They found a small fetal pole and no heartbeat.  I go back in a week for a repeat US but I'm not where they would expect me to be at this point.  The doctor said there is still a chance for a viable pregnancy but I'm taking it pretty hard. 

Thank you to everyone for your support and I will continue to stalk to boards this week to see how everyone is doing.  I'll update next week as well.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire that is some tough news to hear, I'm so sorry! FX you get better results next week!  <3
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @celticknotfire so sorry about the news! Praying hard that your next US is full of good news! 🙏🏼
  • oh no @celticknotfire am so sorry to hear that. Praying that next ultrasound goes well for you. 

• @bmaty0214 good luck to you on your tww! Will be lurking the Jan IUI boards.
    @inthewoods23 good luck with your beta today! 
  • @bobella22 thanks, but it's a BFN this cycle :'(

Just need AF to show up so we can start #2!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 awww man. I hope January works out for you. 
  • @inthewoods23 so sorry it didnt work this time! Best wishes for the 2nd cycle. Keep strong 🙏🏼
  • @bobella22 thanks! I hope so too!

@bmaty0214 I picked up some pints of gelato so I can properly mope for the night haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I am so sorry it didn't work out.  FX for cycle #2

Thank you all so much for your kind words they really mean a lot to me.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Ladies do not lose hope! I know it gets really hard, my dr reminded me today that this was a long road, we started with the RE in March. So 9 months later and we finally have a heart beat. I know it sounds crazy but I also think that working out this cycle helped. I know mentally it did and I think a little physically. I know it’s helped with the exhaustion so far.