Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday 1/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD/DPO: 
Timing: 
Typical LP length: 
Testing: 
R/R: 
CS/Q:

Re: TWW Friday 1/4

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 totally feel you there. I have been worried about money if we have to move to next steps because we’re just now recovering from a bunch of financial BS from a year and a half ago. It must be nice to be able to get what you want just because you breathe air (don’t get me started on the Kardashians lol)

@kimmer1412 ah man you are brave with your dog. Lol at her diaper! 
  • @kimmer1412 that pic of your dog is hysterical! 

@b_1029 how exciting for your trip to montreal! 

@inthewoods23 I had no idea they were doing that again. 

Month/Cycle: 26/benched

CD/DPO: 17/4

Timing: n/a

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: not

R/R: ordered a tempdrop yesterday. After all the talk here and doing some research I decided to go with it. I can’t wait to get it and not have to temp manually anymore!

CS/Q: not temping anymore this cycle
  • @prpl11butterfly glad to see you back in the game! An unexplained diagnosis is both a blessing and a curse to me. Like yay nothing is wrong with us but boo that there's not a sure-fire way to get KU because there's no definite reason you have trouble getting KU.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • edited January 2019
    @inthewoods23 I'm RPL, but yea, no way to be sure I'll stay KU. I'm really glad there's nothing major, but kind of bummed that there isnt at least a med fixable imbalance. I feel like if there was something that could have been fixed then next preg may not have been filled with quite so much anxiety. Now it won't matter, I'll be a wreck and unable to enjoy it 🤷‍♀️
  • @prpl11butterfly also happy to see you here and welcome to the unexplained club 😂 the best but also worst club to be in. I hope your HSG went well. 
  • @prpl11butterfly glad to see you’re off the bench! Wish you had some answers but also happy there isn’t anything wrong with you. 
  • daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited January 2019
    @b_1029 that sounds like a fun trip! I would love to visit Canada someday. 

@kimmer1412 I’m loving the pull-up 😆 Creative!

@prpl11butterfly that’s tough being unexplained. Harder to come up with a game plan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Month/Cycle: 4/3
    CD/DPO: 28/10
    Timing: great
    Typical LP length: 9-10
    Testing: I caved and tested this morning. BFN. Will test again tomorrow as originally planned.
    R/R: Had a temp drop this morning, but I also woke up 2 hours earlier than normal (on purpose for work). So maybe it means nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️ {ETA-GDI I started spotting too now. I’m not even mad I’m not KU, I’m just pissed that my uterus refuses to hold it all in until for a reasonable time, despite even being on B6, Clomid, and Prometrium this cycle }
    But for a rave- it’s my weekend to work nights! I love my job 😊
    CS/Q: none
  • @prpl11butterfly sorry to hear that. I can't imagine the emotions you go through with RPL!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: High per FF

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: next week

R/R: TGIF. I don't know why but this week is dragging. We have nothing planned! Yay!

CS/Q: nothing crazy happening

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @b_1029 lucky you with the 2-day work week! A trip to Montreal sounds so fun! We need to do the same. Everyone told me it is such a nice city.
    @kimmer1412 poor dog! How long does AF last for dogs? I would say your O'ed on CD14 as well but FF might give you dotted cross hairs because of your + OPK on CD15.
    @inthewoods23 FX your IUI worked! I totally get you re: celebrities and infertility. It is disheartening that IF treatments aren't covered by most insurances. I was looking at a list of all the celebrities who got pregnant through IVF and all I could think of was that having the $$$ to do IF treatments is a huge burden off your shoulders. We have the money to do it but man, knowing it happens for free for the great majority of people seems so, so unfair. So far, my bills are $1,400 after insurance and that's just for the preliminary testing :s
    @prpl11butterfly sorry about the unexplained IF diagnosis. 
    @daffodil_shoe sorry about AF knocking on your door. What do you do for work that you are excited to work nights?
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup oof! Yeah I just paid a 1k bill. I didn't check to see what was all included in that. I don't think the IUI procedure got approved through insurance yet so it might only include testing and US.  Good thing DH maxes his HSA contribution to our account. I never thought I would use my HSA because I don't get very sick and don't do anything that would put me at risk for breaking bones. Using it for IF is better than using it because I did something stupid though. The money is being used for a good cause and a dream of ours!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • From yesterday:

@emeraldduchess Pic of your new knitting organizer toy? I love organization!!

@themadcamel Now I’m wondering if I could convince DH to let me get that dream box sewing cabinet. It’s only $3k or so which seems like a steal IMO!!

Fri-YAY tags:

@b_1029 Did you go to work or are you WFH? Hopefully it’s the latter, cause if it’s the former you have to wear a bra all day. 🤣 

@kimmer1412 Okay, so what does it mean when they’re in heat? Doggie period? Whatever it is, your dog looks freakin hilarious with her little diaper on!! 

@inthewoods23 Seriously crossing everything I have for you!! 

@prpl11butterfly Happy to have you off the bench and hanging out with us in “the game”, but I really wish you weren’t here (in the best way). I’m sorry that you didn’t get any answers other than essentially sh*tty luck from your HSG. Life is so unfair sometimes and I sincerely hope that you are not here for long (and you stay far far away from us).

@kbrown2385 Wahoo for not manually temping!! I hope that you don’t get to use your tempdrop for long! 😉

@daffodil_shoe What do you do for work? I’m curious since you said you love working nights.

@rikiteacup I hope that your day passes quickly today so you can get started with your weekend of nada!! I can taste the weekend!
  • Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 27/11

Timing: great

Typical LP length: not sure, used to be 11 when I tracked in the past but I’m thinking it has lengthened 

Testing: BFN, I think I’m out this month 

R/R: Friday! Looking forward to DH finally being off work and not on call! 

CS/Q: none
  • @rikiteacup and @nomangos23 originally I thought CD14 my OPK test line was same as control in the evening, CD15 both morning and afternoon test lines were darker then control line and I got EWCM in the afternoon that day. Why are bodies so confusing? Either way I think my timing is pretty good. We'll see what FF does tomorrow. 
  • @rikiteacup and @lillywonderland yes doggie period and I read the bleeding can last about 2 weeks but average is about 10 days, their entire heat cycle is 3 weeks 😮
  • @nomangos23 I’m working with my OBGYN. I’m doing 200mg oral Prometrium. I think next cycle I’m going to ask to do the vaginal suppository because it’s more effective. 
  • @daffodil_shoe OMG! Working at a birthing center must be great. I'd work nights too!
    @inthewoods23 I am using my HSA to pay for these bills but at this rate, it will be depleted  :s  I am even considering going to Mexico but that would mean staying there for a few weeks.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @kimmer1412 All I can say is thank you God for not being a dog! 3 weeks?!?!?!? I get pissed when it’s more than 5 days, lol!

@nomangos23 I see your medium well there 🤣 How long does it usually take to feel better on the no sugar thing? Is 4 days normal? 

@krassa0315 You’re not out until AF shows up!!
  • @lillywonderland waiting in the cold for a late train is the worst. Hope you warm up!
    @rikiteacup TGIF!
    @daffodil_shoe sorry about the BFN and imminent AF arrival. Enjoy your work weekend though :smile:
    @kbrown2385 exciting! Can’t wait to hear how it works for you. 
    @prpl11butterfly glad to hear you’re off the bench and that you’re healthy, but sorry you don’t have more concrete answers. 
    @inthewoods23 those effing Kardashians. Must be nice...
    @kimmer1412 giggling at that picture of your dog. Also, I love that eat slow bowl! My dog uses a similar one. 
    @b_1029 ooh, Montreal! So exciting!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: 😎

Typical LP length: 10

Testing: maybe tomorrow? I’m going to a party and it would be nice to have a glass of wine or two. 

R/R: I go back to work on Monday. I’m looking forward to seeing the kids but not thrilled about having to wake up early again. 

CS/Q: I’ve got quite the mountain range going on!

• Month/Cycle:  2/2 of actively TTC 
    CD/DPO:   4 DPO according to FF
    Timing:   potentially very good- I think
    Typical LP length:  12 days
    Testing:  I'm going to keep an eye on temps- wait to test depending on how that all goes
    R/R:      No real rant or raves here......
    CS/Q:  My question is- we want to be having sex before ovulation right?? I feel like I'm so confused.  I was pretty active on these boards for our previous TTC journey- back in 2015- but I just haven't been that active now.....I have been using OPK's and none of them looked anywhere near positive until according to FF, the day I actually ovulated.......just wondering if my timing would be good or not still based on that for this month??? 

@kbrown2385 - what is this tempdrop thing you speak of???
  • @lillywonderland lol I keep wondering if people are seeing my steak-doneness references. Last time I did it I caved on day 4 and ate a cookie and that was 5 years ago. Today is day 4 and I'm feeling so much better so hopefully I'm over the hump.
  • @kbrown2385 you'll have to let us know how tempdrop is! 

@daffodil_shoe sorry for the BFN and spotting. 

@rikiteacup hope you have a fun, relaxing weekend! no plans are the best, especially after the holiday craziness! I was surprised at how cheap it was for a round trip there, especially since flights out of where I live are always expensive because it's a tiny airport.

@lillywonderland brrr hope you're able to warm up soon! Your first chart is looking so good! I came into the office with my stupid bra. Can't wait to get home tonight, ha!

@nomangos23 one of my goals was to travel more too! I know I'm miserable in my job (but too lazy to job search? paradox) but it has good benefits, so I'm trying to travel more so I have something to look forward to. It's super easy for me to WFH but I stupidly came into the office today. I definitely get a lot more done here and I start feeling guilty if I don't. I'm not familiar with Chinese medicine but I am all for doing anything natural to help things! I'll have to check that out. What changes have you made? I'm glad you're finally feeling better on no sugar!! 

@krassa0315 sorry about the BFN :(

@themadcamel GL if you decide to test tomorrow! 

@MNturnsVA yes, you definitely want to have sex before O to make sure something's waiting there for the egg. I think your timing would be fine :) 

• @MNturnsVA sperm can survive for up to five days, so you’re generally fertile from the five to one days leading up to O. A positive OPK usually means you will O 12-36 hours after the test. It’s hard to tell if your timing is good or not because there are a lot of open circles on your chart. Tracking CM can also help get a better idea of when you’re fertile. Hope that helps. I’m sure some other ladies can chime in and explain it better than I can. 🙂
  • @MNturnsVA it’s similar to the Ava bracelet but supposedly works better for people with interrupted sleep, pcos etc. I have issues sleeping consistently and waking up at the same time everyday so I’m hoping it will help my charts. @emeraldcity603 gave a good review of it on the chart stalk/questions thread for January. 
  • @themadcamel- thanks! that was a good explanation!  I plan to track CM next month if we are still having to be TTC-  time is of the essence for us, so I was not really great about doing it before, but definitely think I'm going to do that and get the clear blue OPKS for this next month- just because.
    @kbrown2385 - i'm thankful for technology to help out with things like this!! Fingers crossed you will have good results with it too!

• @b_1029 Honestly most of the changes I've made are diet related but I've also stopped drinking cold water, started adding spirulina to my vitamin regimen, and the sugar thing has been HUGE. I'm thinking of going back to acupuncture too but haven't 100% made that commitment yet b/c it's a little pricey and hard to get to. Remind me again what you do for a living? I totally get the too-lazy-to-find-something new issue. Things ebb and flow here. I go from ready to walk out the door to being perfectly content. It's insane
  • @b_1029 Wow, that sounds like it's going to be a really fun trip!! Are you guys going to do anything special? How long are you going for?

@kimmer1412 Poor pup! 

@inthewoods23 I was a little salty about the KKW stuff too. But I just dislike that entire family in general so it really doesn't take much.  

@prpl11butterfly Keeping my FX for you anyways.

@daffodil_shoe That super sucks! I'm sorry.

@rikiteacup I'm right there with the "nothing planned" weekend. 

@lillywonderland It's so cold today in SoCal! I can't believe it. Plus we are about to get rain  :# But I'm happy because we need it so desperately.

@nomangos23 Yay for no sugar day 4!! I really want to try something similar but I'm so certain I'd fail because there's no way my DH would be on board. 

@themadcamel Have fun tomorrow. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD 28 / 11 DPO (??)

Timing: FF said "high" 

Typical LP length: 10-12

Testing: nope

R/R: Well, AF still hasn't shown since my massive temp drop yesterday and my temp today is still low so I'm guessing she's in the house but just hasn't bust down the door yet... kind of like this:

I told DH that I wanted to console myself with either In-N-Out or chili cheese fries with ranch/thousand island tonight for dinner. Plus wine. FF also decided that based on these temps, O is moved two days up so now I would be 13 DPO?! I'm so confused. We had it covered mostly both ways. 

CS/Q: nope.. 

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @nomangos23 **lurk** I think the sugar thing has helped me and it's only been 3 days! My skin feels clearer already. I keep finding sources of added sugar and I'm like, welp, guess I should cut that out too! Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with cold water? Is that something I should do too?? (because I'm a total lemming and if @nomangos23 told me to, I'd stop drinking water altogether lol)
  • @lillywonderland I know right?!

@themadcamel we love the slow eat bowl, she would devour food as a puppy and this has helped so much. 
  • @stephanie123456 I'm not terrified of clowns, but that was creepy to look at!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @stephanie123456 omg that gif 😵🤭 
  • @nomangos23 I keep saying this, but I need to join you on the no sugar train! I've gone a whole 2 days without eating dessert type stuff which is an accomplishment at this point, but I know they sneak sugar into everything. I'll have to investigate spirulina. And what do I do...great question ha. I work at an insurance company but am on the "process team" within a larger group. So I do stuff like putting together trainings (read: doing PPTs), internal documentation type stuff, and we're recently starting to work on internal process improvement. I either have nothing to do or am working crazy hours because my team randomly gets pulled into last minute projects for the larger group. It's so easy to go back and forth! I like my manager and my team for the most part, but am 0% invested in the work. But...great benefits? Bah.

@stephanie123456 nothing special, just a girls trip! We did a semi last minute trip to NYC last year and it was super fun. It's hard for us to get together since she lives in Calgary and I'm all the way here, but if she finds a great flight deal to somewhere in the US / vice versa we try to make it work! Freaking AF - tell her to get outta here. Both of your treat yoself items sound amazing and I'm drooling at my desk.

@prpl11butterfly you definitely should! As much as I love DH, girls trips make me so happy!