Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 12/31

2»

Re: TFAS w/o 12/31

• Number you are trying for:  2 

Month/Cycle:  2/2 of actually trying I guess 

WTO/TWW:  TWW- according to FF

Ages of other child(ren):  2 1/2

Thoughts about this cycle:  I'm a hot mess.....Yesterday I was super emotional thinking about the fact that our son may be our one and only....Very overwhelmed from not being able to my regular work outs, the holidays, family in town, feeling like I was the only parent for much of the last 10 days- being off work (was a good thing!) but I got up with our son every single day and he is an early bird.....I really had a hard time with the actual TTC  part of all this last go round- it really messed with my mental and emotional state, I was not the same person I was when we started to when we finally got a BFP.  We as a couple didn't put a time line on anything- but I've kind of decided about 6 months is all I'm willing to do this- and I have wanted to throw the towel in so badly already because it's so hard.....the emotional aspect is really hard on me.  It makes me think I should save myself the sanity, but then those thoughts make me SO incredibly upset too.....Am I alone on this????

Questions: Because it's been a while-and I haven't been SUPER active on here- I have 2 questions- can your ovulation date change?? Like I think that it was the 15th of the month last month, and I'm pretty sure it was the 17th day of the cycle this month now.  And, my OPK only showed a positive indicator the day that FF is showing that I ovulated.  Well- at least that's what I was seeing from the previous OPK's.  Only the one was like oh yes- it was obvious that there were the 2 lines.  The others were highly questionable.  The goal is to have sex before ovulation actually occurs right?  I feel like I thought I knew all this stuff- but now I'm second guessing myself and debating about breaking down and buying the Clear Blue easy kits just for one cycle.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I had lots of time off over the holidays- but I really want a new job....

GTKY: What's your favorite trip/vacation you've taken with your LO? Or, if you haven't traveled much, where do you look forward to taking them in the future?  When we went to the beach, i think our son really like that.  And I really enjoyed it too.  I can't wait to take him again!  And I wouldn't call this a trip necessarily- but because he's older now- he gets more stuff, so taking him to Busch Gardens for Christmastown was fun because he could go on more rides and give you these big huge smiles!!
  • @MNturnsVA we must be in the same area. We did Christmastown for the first time this year and ds loved it! I’m sorry you are having such a hard time with ttc. It’s partially why we benched ourselves. We needed time to get back to where we need to be emotionally. Sending lots of hugs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MNturnsVA are you wondering if you can ovulate on different cycle days from month to month? You definitely can. As for your OPK, you may just have a short surge. I hope I understood your questions correctly.
  • @lillywonderland this cycle I just tracked CM. Next cycle I’ll add BBT and OPKs. 

Thanks for the welcome!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kbrown2385- we live in Richmond, VA- and we have season passes for Busch Gardens!  Where are you?  While I would love to say that we should or could take a break from the TTC- this is the first time since our son has been around that hubby is the most on board with TTC that he has ever been.  This past year- 2018- was the hardest on our relationship that we have been through in 11 years.  And we are older- hubby is going to be 47 in 2019, and I will be 39 this August.....So the clock is definitely ticking. We don't have the luxury of a whole lot of time on our side.
  • @daffodil_shoe -  yes, I thought I had known from before, that you could ovulate on different days of the month each cycle, that it's not necessarily the same.....and usually, I get one or 2 positives on the OPK's or what I would consider at least a super faint positive- but this time, it didn't seem like that.
  • @klmcguire I’ve missed you! How have you been? How did the Christmas craft tree turn out?!?
    @lillywonderland
    Super cute! Their favorite ornament I will put in a spoiler below! It was much more fun this year because my 6YO didn't want to do the ornaments I chose, he decided most days to use the supplies I had to make what he wanted. It was so wonderful to see his creativity come out. In turn that meant that all of the reindeer were green and snowmen were blue, but it was seriously the cutest! Also, traveling with kids is a blast. A whole different world to see that I wouldn't have checked out before kids. Like different zoos and children's museums in cities we travel to all the time. 

• @MNturnsVA we are on the peninsula and have a season pass to bg as well! It makes so much sense to have it if living in the area! I understand your frustrations and your urgency certainly makes sense. I’ll be rooting for you! Ttc is so stressful!