August 2019 Moms

Preggo After IF - Dec 28-Jan 4

Helllllllllllllllllllo my IF wariors! So happy to see you've moved on to the Aug 2019 EDD group. Since we're all slowly filtering in, please feel free to drop a little info about yourself and your journey.

Me: 35
Successful procedure: FET on 11/28
Approx gestation: 7w0d (EDD 8/16/2019, though will clearly be earlier)
Known gender? No, but there's two of 'em!
Any symptoms? None, except the constant bathroom trips and random progesterone dreams.
Physical changes? I swear my stomach has popped, so I'm already trying to hide behind baggy-ish clothing; leg hair is growing like crazy (ewwwwww!)
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: Preggo After IF - Dec 28-Jan 4

• wabash15wabash15 member
    edited December 2018
    I hope you all don't mind me joining in. My history is in my siggy, but we struggled with unexplained IF for years and thankfully through IUI ended up with twins and a singleton. This baby was a complete surprise, I truly never thought it could happen for us without science. 

Me: 39
    Successful procedure: history of IUI but this was a special snowflake experience.
    Approx gestation: 6w5d (EDD 8/18/2019)
    Known gender? Nope we are solidly team green
    Any symptoms? fatigue and nausea, also starting to get the super bloated belly by the end of the day
    Physical changes? just the above

@mamak225 being a fellow twin mom I'm happy to answer any questions you have in this journey. The are the best challenge. plus also with them being your first you don't know any different. Congrats on the twins, I hope they both grow big and strong and you have a smooth pregnancy.

eta: @mamak225 sorry I missed you had a DD... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Me: 38
    Successful procedure: FET on 12/5
    Approx gestation: 6w0d EDD 8/23/2019
    Known gender? Girl 
    Any symptoms? Lots of bathroom trips, boobs are a little sore, and mild cramping and spotting 
    Physical changes? Nope

@MamaK225 when’s your next appt?

@wabash15 I love seeing you here and love that you were a special snowflake!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MamaK225 I’m so happy you’re appointment went well today. Speaking of P dreams because I know we’ve been talking about those for awhile now, the night before last, mine was that they transferred 4 embryos without my permission. I kept shouting you better hope to God they don’t all stick!

@wabash15 Nope don’t mind. An IF sister, is and always is one, regardless of good surprises. It’s my opinion that getting it (personal experience) is the only requirement. 

@purplg8r Aww a little girl? <3 Congrats again! Is she getting you up during the night to go too?

Me: 34

Successful procedure: FET 11/30

Approx gestation: 6w5d (EDD 8/18/18)

Known gender? Boy

Any symptoms? Multiple times a night bathroom trips, weird dreams, mild nausea sometimes—mostly starving and then if I don’t eat right away when I wake up, it will turn into nausea. Other times, it will be because I can smell everything so like eating can bring it on if there is a strong something like garlic—some mild cramps on and off, fatigue. I just feel different. The sense that my body is not just my own anymore is really strange. 

Physical changes? Bloat. My boobs are definitely getting bigger. I’m a full C and my bras feel smaller. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @wabash15 happy to have you here with us. Selfishly I guess. I know I’ll appreciate having another IF warrior who’s been through it sharing with us. 
    @MamaK225 thanks for getting this started! Nice to “meet” you
    @suzycupcake I’m not having weird dreams yet, sounds like they’ve been pretty bad for you. Hope it improves soon. 

Me: we did 2 ERs earlier this year
    Successful procedure: FET on 12/4
    Approx gestation: 6+1 EDD 8/22/2019
    Known gender? Team Green all the way. 
    Any symptoms? I’ve been having spotting and cramping. It’s disconcerting. I keep trying to remind myself that it is part of it. 
    Physical changes? None yet. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• edited December 2018
    @suzycupcake we are FET buddies
     Me: 32
    Successful procedure: FET on 11/30
    Approx gestation: 6+5
    Known gender? XY
    Any symptoms? Indigestion and spotting. Went in today and saw a heartbeat and a large SCH. Had an intralipds infusion so feeling good at the moment.
  • @suzycupcake yup!  Several times during the night!  (It could be because I’m not a big drinker and I’ve been trying to be good and drink more)
  • Hi all, I’m jumping in to say hi. I had the same thing happen as @wabash15, total inexplicable pregnancy after years of IF (and a successful IVF cycle), but I won’t ever be out of the IF sister club. I was scheduled for a FET between 12/3-5, which first got delayed until January, and then totally derailed bc my period never showed up—so it’s very surreal to see you ladies who were in the Nov FET thread, and ladies with early Dec FET dates because we ended up in the same place, just with a different and surprising path. 

It’s great that there’s a strong IF group here; in my DD’s group there was like one other IVF mom so I stayed on the PAIF board for longer. 

Me: 36
    Procedure: cancelled FET bc of unexpected pregnancy 
    Gestation: 7w
    Known gender: not until NIPT
    Any symptoms: exhaustion to the deepest bone level 

• @Avrilmai Thanks. Are you on PIO shots too?

@purplg8r That’s what I thought too because I started drinking about 2L per day but the symptom doesn’t seem to have gone away though frequent daytime trips seem to have subsided. 

Hey @cato99. Glad you joined us! I agree that this is a strong board. It’s hard to come somewhere else and not have anyone to talk to about it. It’s so nice that we are all here together now to acknowledge such a tough journey. 

How do you ladies decide which threads to post in? What I mean is, I could post in here, in TTGP, FTM, and a due date thread but like that’s a lot lol

Ugh I’m about sick of the PIO and Delestrogen shots. Come on 1/20! 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Me: 38
    Successful procedure: FET on 12/10
    Approx gestation: 5w3d EDD 8/28/ 2019
    Known gender? Nope
    Any symptoms? Thightness in my belly when I bend over, tired all the time yet I can’t sleep at night, uncomfortable at night
    Physical changes? None yet
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • @wabash15 - Welcome! And don't worry, once a warrior, always a warrior! And - YES - any insight to twins would be greatly appreciated. I'm so excited, but also very nervous lol

@suzycupcake - I'm still having the dreams, hopefully, they'll lessen soon ... I need good sleep! Goodness, 1/20 seems sooooo far away. I think I remember continuing until I ran out of my PIO with my DD. I'm even more paranoid now.

Does anyone know if there's a good FB group for PAIF mommies? I'm mostly on my cell and it's awful for the bulletins, no notifications, 596 steps to get to a thread, etc.

**History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @suzycupcake yes there are a million check-in threads on this BMB! I think I’ll do my due date check-in and AMA. I’m wondering if some of them will naturally fall to the wayside over the next few months as we all get to know each other better. Like, I can see the FTM/STM threads or this PAIF thread becoming more of a “weekly chit-chat check-in” rather than the formal list of age, due date, etc. 
  • Me: 37
    Successful Procedure: Fresh Transfer 11/20
    Approximate Gestation: 8W3D EDD: 8/8 
    Known Gender: not a clue
    Any Symptoms: acne like I have never had it before in my life! Some nausea and tiredness that comes and goes. 
    Physical Changes: lower belly is getting harder and rounder.

@MamaK225 and @wabash15 I am also in the surprise twin boat! I have my second US tomorrow my eight week and I am getting so nervous.

@suzycupcake I could not agree more about the PIO shots! How do you know 1/20 is your last shot? My clinic has not said anything about when they will stop. Will be sure to ask about at tomorrow’s appointment.

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited December 2018
    @MamaK225 No don’t leave us!!!!! If you do decide to for sure, will you still update in the FET thread? If not, Inbox me your FB if you wanna exchange info. 

Eta; @secretphillyninja 1/21 I will be 10 weeks. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I found that you start posting in all of them but over time you mesh with some of the check ins more than others. 

@secretphillyninja congrats on the twins!!! @mamak225 you will both be told to really up your calorie intake but in the first tri that can be SO hard. I nearly vomited when my MFM told me to shoot for 3000 cals per day. But the biggest thing is protein, protein and more protein. Also take it one step at a time. Don't freak out about having to get double of everything, take it slow. all you really need double of is carseats. beyond that see what works for you and your twins and then maybe get 2 of those. My twins slept together till almost 10 months. also baby wearing is a life saver.  are you both di/di or are you mono/di or even mo/mo?

@purplg8r and @avrilmai <3
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @suzycupcake - I won't leave, I promise. I already pinned the August 2019 to my Community homepage in the app so I can get here quickly :) I just hate that I can't get notifications like I want to ... but maybe that's a good thing. I haven't been able to be on my Ritalin for almost 4 years now through this whole adventure, so I still regress and go days without any productivity at work sometimes. :|

@holzie-2 - Welcome! Congrats to you and your wife. I know this is so exciting. So your DS is now a year old and you've got another BFP? So exciting!! It sounds like you've had a rough road - I'm so sorry - but I'm happy you've found us. This is a wonderful group of ladies :)

@secretphillyninja - It looks like you're a week ahead of me, congrats! Please let us know how your U/S goes :) We have our final one on the 14th, though I'm going to see my OB on Wednesday to start that process, given I feel comfortable that at least one will be hanging around. Did you transfer one or two embies? I have two co-workers that had Mo/Di identical twins after transferring only one embie.

@wabash15 - Holy crap! The info I found was to only up 300 calories (which would make me close to 2500 - I maintain at around 2200) for the first trimester. I have my first OB appt Wednesday, so I'll ask then. I have put in MFP that I need to hit 2500 calories with 125g of Protein (20% of calories), 83g fat (30%), and 313g carbs (50%). And, yeah, I do find it hard to get all of them, but I'm doing my darndest. Eating A LOT of eggs and dairy-based protein to try and keep up. I also upped my prenatals - I take ones without iron - so that I take 9 gummies (I'm a wimp, I hate big pills) instead of 6, which gives me 1200mcg Folate - instead of 800mcg. The info I found said that goes up to 680 in the 2nd tri, and then 900 in the 3rd. (https://www.thebump.com/a/what-to-eat-pregnant-twins-triplets) But I would LOVE some ideas on how to maintain all those calories and protein. I lost 15 lbs in my first trimester with DD - though I kinda blame that on the no-booze ;) - which I then gained over the 2nd trimester (leaving me at a net zero). I'm not a fan of fried food and for some reason, I can't stand processed foods when preggo, so it takes out a lot of options. As far as buying two of stuff, I think I'm going to invest in a second Boppy Lounger (these things are MIRACULOUS!), though I've yet to find a baby wearer I like ... I would really like to carry them, if possible. I didn't with my first until it was too late and it made life a little hard. As far as we know, they are Di/Di ... I haven't specifically asked, but I could clearly see separation in the sacs and we did put in two embryos. While I'm upping my nutrition and vitamins for twins, we're still giving it 4-5 more weeks until we officially do any purchasing for two.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225 I have quite a few baby wearing devices (ring slings. wraps and soft structured) I'd be happy to try to give input in options when your ready to look into them. I'm not sure I ever met the 3000 cal mark.... They sound DI/Di if you can see to separate sacs than that's what they are
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• This was the first (about 5-1/2 wks) U/S pic we had - where I'm assuming they are Di/Di. You can see the thin gap between the outer rims of the gestational sacs.

**History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225 yup that's di/di
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 - And I even think (if things continue as they look) that one will have anterior placenta and the other won't. But we'll see.

Is anyone else being overwhelmed by all the water your body is demanding? I make a conscious effort to get at least 100 oz a day, but it's exhausting and I feel like all I do is drink water and pee. I can't remember when your increased blood supply stabilizes, but DAMN, I'm having a harder time this go-round than with my first.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 I’m struggling to get 55-60 oz!!  I’ve never been a drinker (I’d drink maybe 20 oz a day).  I keep forgetting to drink but when I do, I feel full and gross after.  And water has always made me gag so I’m trying to drink propel & crystal light but I’m already over it (not to mention all the peeing) 
  • @wabash15 Yay for a great u/s. I bet that was reassuring. When is your next one?

@purplg8r I’m with you on the water front. The struggle is real. Once I got to 2L a day, I feel super thirsty if I drop below half. Just remember you get water from other places too and that counts ;) Do you enjoy lemon water? Freshly squeezed lemons in my water helps me get it down. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake not unless I add sugar too lol.  I’ve tried all types of fruit in the water and didn’t like any of it.  And I don’t like any of the sparkling water that’s the trend.  I was hoping once I got pregnant, I would magically like water but no luck. 
  • @purplg8r Just eat a lot of iceberg lettuce and cucumbers :D 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @wabash15 - Well, it looks like one of the babies has stopped growing, so hopefully the other continues to fight like his older sister did. Pretty bummed, but it means I can dial back my food intake (especially all that protein).

Water was a lot harder with my first, but now I just crave it. During the day I stick with just water (though I hate it), and give myself a "treat" of things like La Croix with some added flavor or a sweet iced tea. Most foods have plenty of water in them, so as long as you're getting some fresh fruits or veggies, it should be easy enough to hit sufficient water consumption.
    **History in Spoiler**

• People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake yep PIO for me at least until the end of this month. 
    @MamaK225 so sorry to hear this.

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @suzycupcake my next US will be my NT at the end of the month. 
    @purplg8r do you like coconut water?  I was just thinking I might give it a try. Or have you tried the miho drops? they are different flavors that you just add a few drops of to your water. (my DH loves them)
    @mamak225 oh I am so so sorry. Its such a mixed bag of emotions... so happy you still have one strong growing baby but such loss of the dreams you had in your head. 

get well hug GIF
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @MamaK225 I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you can give yourself space to be blue and not feel it takes away from the excitement of the growing baby. 

This morning we had our ultrasound at the RE, and there is one, on-schedule gummi bear in there. So now I’m being released to my regular OB which like last time feels like a weak fledgling baby bird getting pushed out of the nest. My RE office is so warm and nurturing and understanding and gentle, whereas my regular OB office is this huge industrial organization where you never see the same doctor twice and are treated like a set of walking statistics. BUT it means this pregnancy is for real and progressing, so it’s a positive step. 
  • @suzycupcake I do like those lol!!! 

@MamaK225 I’m so so sorry. Sending you hugs 
  • @cato99 So glad your baby was measuring spot on. I know how you feel about leaving the RE nest.... its weird being a normal pregnant woman!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @cato99 congrats on getting released! Glad to hear baby was looking good. 
    @purplg8r I second @wabash15 on trying coconut water. I drank a lot of coconut water after my ER. Personally, I don't like the plain coconut water but I really like the pineapple. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @cato99 - Yay! Congrats on your "graduation." I know exactly how you feel. That's why I scheduled my OB at 8 weeks so I would only have to wait ~2 weeks between my final RE appt and seeing my OB again :) And then I'll only have 2 more weeks until Tri #2. FX.

I've been sad off-and-on, mixed with happiness and anxiety for Baby B that is thriving. I'm sure it'll get better with time, but for now I'm letting myself feel *something.* We have lost 10 (now 11) embies in the last 18 months, but I didn't allow myself to feel too much for any of those because otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to continue. So a little bit of sadness will do for now :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 big hugs. you get to feel all the feels. I hope B continues to be a fighter and grows well.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx