Babies on the Brain

WRW 12/19

So it looks like our last board was deleted AGAIN! Does anyone know why it was deleted? Every one that I’ve made gets deleted. Am I doing something wrong? 

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY:
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW 12/19

• When do you think you will start TTC? August 2019 at the earliest

What brings you to WRW? Well I wanted to chat and get to know some ladies in a similar position while I wait but I can’t do that if it gets deleted every time 😂

Any R/R? Rant: I’m definitely coming down with some sort of cold or something :( boo 
    Rave: today at work is “cheese and wine” day so hopefully that should be fun. I also bring home my puppy this weekend! 

GTKY: (forgot to choose one before I posted the discussion so): What is your favourite animal? 
    I have three. I’ve always loved zebras but I also really love elephants and pandas! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunsford Someone came from another section seemingly with the intention of starting drama. I tried to resist, but they were adamant and I eventually posted a single response. (If you want more details, feel free to PM me.) Next thing I know, the thread was gone. If they come back, I will be completely ignoring them this time. I really want to keep this on topic because it isn't fair for you girls to have this section constantly torn apart over drama. It definitely has nothing to do with you being the one to start the threads, so no worries there.

Sorry you are getting a cold :( those suck. Luckily you are in the UK so it should be easy to find and consume a large quantity of tea with honey :) Wine at work sounds awesome too.

AFM:

When do you think you will start TTC?

Some time between when my period becomes regular again and the end of 2022.

What brings you to WRW?

Looking for a bit of company while I wait. Still lurking the other parts of this forum, but only posting here for now.

And R/R?

Rant: Someone texted me at 4am today, then when he disnt get the response he wanted (I basically said no, I'm going back to bed) he decided to call me at 7am. I was planning on sleeping until 9 because work doesnt start until 11.

Rave: I have 2 fun plans this weekend :) going to a niche special interest social group on Friday, then meeting up with a friend Saturday night.

GTKY: What is your favorite animal?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It used to be the platypus. Before that, it was the manatee. Right now I'm really loving wolves and foxes. We have a lot of foxes around here and I particularly enjoy catching random glimpses of them. Snakes and tortoises are pretty cool too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @hopeful207 unfortunately I did see what the other user had said. It was disturbing to learn that you had said having a dead child is better than one with Down’s syndrome. Especially given the context. I don’t want to stir anything back up but this doesn’t sit right with me. I’m not sure if I can continue associating with you. Of course there are two sides to every story but after the last thread that blew up, learning there was drama elsewhere doesn’t surprise me. 
    That is a slight misquote, and taken out of context. It was also in the same thread you were referencing. I tried to explain what I meant the other day, but then the thread got deleted. If you dont want to associate with me anymore, that is fine. I will stop posting here. Oh well, it was worth a try.
  • @jackie_dunsford I'm sorry your posts keep getting deleted! I'm also okay with not stirring anything else up considering this board is quiet enough and with deleted posts it's not even worth trying. I don't like to be the mean/cliquey type person, but considering the circumstances I'm in agreement with non-association with our other board member. 

I'm sorry you're coming down with a cold! That's the absolute worst feeling when you know it's coming. Also what a WONDERFUL Christmas present to bring home your puppy! I hope you share some adorable puppy pictures here so I can see how adorable he/she is. I forget, does the puppy have a name already?

*TW kids discussed, non-emergency ER trip discussed*

When do you think you will start TTC? soon-ish? maybe? DH looked at me the other day and said at dinner "you know... we have to decide after the holidays if we're going to make another one of these" and left it at that. men. lol. 

What brings you to WRW? Same as you Jackie, trying to keep my mind occupied while I wait! And this is the only appropriate board to do so. I still hope others feel comfortable to join so we can get to know a few people. 

Any R/R?
    Rant: We've had 3 injuries this past week. My littlest took a tumble when my BIL was holding his hand, and it put a gash on his cheek. It needed stitches, so DH brought him to the ER while I stayed home with my other boy. He ended up with 2 stitches on his cheekbone area! my poor baby. DH also dislocated his finger playing basketball, and I had to get a biopsy for a spot on my ear (uncomfortable!!). So I'm hoping we're done for now!

Rave: I'm pretty much done with shopping & wrapping for Christmas! Looking forward to not being stressed out this weekend. 

GTKY: (forgot to choose one before I posted the discussion so): What is your favourite animal? Sea turtles and koala bears are my favorite. Not sure why, just love them. Although i've heard Koala bears while cute are actually not very nice!!

• @mamaqdubu thanks (: I’m feeling better but this bus commute (two hours to work, two hours home) is absolutely killing me. Thank goodness it’s over on 6 January! Today is also the las day of work until the new year and we are closing early so woop woop 🙌🏻

The puppy does have a name, it’s Frank (: I’ll be sure to post pictures! 

*TW discussion of kids and non-emergency ER trip*

thats so exciting that you’re going to be discussing it soon! The way he said it so bluntly and then left it made me laugh 😂 I feel like MH would do the same lol

Im hoping others will join, too! I know a couple more posted in the introduction board not too long ago so hopefully they’ll join in.

Your poor LO! Ouch! I hope he’s feeling better! What a chaotic and annoying week that must have been. I bet you’re looking forward to the weekend  

I think sea turtles are so majestic! Never heard that about koala bears, oh no! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• The puppy is home! And he’s sooo well behaved! How’s everyone’s break been? Or are you back to work? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• *lurking*
    @jackie_dunsford I've been lurking this board and I just wanted to tell you that your puppy is sooooooooooooo cute!!  I just want to snuggle him!  Enjoy the puppy phase, it's so much fun!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • *also lurking*
    @jackie_dunsford your new puppy is so adorable!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @jackie_dunsford omg your puppy is the cutest!!! how is he doing?

My Christmas/New Years was fun but exhausting. Somehow being back at work seems more relaxing haha! 
  • Thanks everyone! He’s doing so well! 

Im just glad this week going back to work was a short one! I’m already absolutely hanging. I keep falling asleep on the bus. Last day of this bus commute though! Then on Monday the new (hopefully much faster) bus comes out! FX it’s not another 2 hour commute still 😂
    PitaPata Dog tickers