June 2019 Moms

Appointments Thread for January

Who's ringing in the new year with some good ol Doctor appointments?

Re: Appointments Thread for January

• 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️

Bloods taken today for liver function and follow up with OB on Friday for results and path forward.

All going well, that’ll be it until my anatomy scan on the 19th and follow up with OB on 23rd. 
  • @wiseh Fingers crossed you get good news! You definitely deserve a break.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t have anything until my OB appointment Jan 24th followed an hour later with the anatomy scan. Excited about that but I know I’ll start to get super nervous the closer it gets, especially if they can’t get a good view of something. 
  • I have my anatomy scan on the 14th and my OB appt the 17th when we will do the second trimester screening.
  • Just left the midwife's office 😊
    She asked me where I thought baby would be hanging out and I showed her exactly where to put the wand, heartbeat instantly! 136 and very loud, lovely to hear as always <3
    Otherwise things went well, I've run out of dicletin so I'm going to try vitamin B6 for awhile and see if that helps the nausea. If not I'll definitely ask for a refill because even occasional nausea is no fun lol
    I'll schedule the 20 week scan for the end of the month but other than that nothing much going on. 

• Anatomy scan and ob appointment on January 31st, which feels like forever from now. 
  • Just left my appt, little guy was being stubborn for doppler so I got a bonus US, chilling in the corner with 150 bpm, go back in 4 weeks which also happens to be January. Started paying my portion of the delivery today so that was fun 😜
  • @wiseh hoping that everything goes well and you just have to have your normal appt!

im still on vacay which is totally awesome! But when I get back we have our AS on the 8th and then I have an OB check up Jan 14th. By then I will be 20 weeks! Can’t believe that I’m almost halfway there!
  • Jan 4th for my weekly high-risk check in at the OB and Jan 11th for my early anatomy scan. I joked that my OB is my new bff since I see her every week now. 
  • January 11 for my monthly/results visit. No clue about anatomy scan since my doctors like to schedule two stinking appointments IF THAT but we’ll see what we see 
  • @wiseh I'm praying for good news for you, I agree you definitely need a break! 

Regular OB appt today and I'm hoping to schedule AS today too
  • @wiseh praying for some good news for you.

I have a regular appointment today. Hoping to figure out when our AS will be scheduled. I'll be 20 weeks the week of Valentine's Day, but my next appt will be 2 weeks before that. Praying I don't have to wait until my 22 week appt for the anatomy scan. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my amniocentesis tomorrow and I’m a little nervous about it. I’d love to hear what it was like for others! Do you think there are enough of us getting Amnios to justify a separate thread? 
  • I’m not much help on that topic @laura_pdx but all of my fingers and toes crossed that it goes well 🤞🏼❤️
  • @laura_pdx I don’t know if many active posters here getting anmios but there is an “abnormal NIPT” thread here where some are getting additional testing, that might be a good place for you to discuss
  • I had an appointment this morning for a monthly check in. I am 15 wks 4 days and my OB said I’m measuring more like 19 weeks! I am 100% about my dates. We were lucky enough to get pregnant the first time we tried and we were super careful before that. He said we might have a surprise at my anatomy scan and also commented that me running 5 days a week is great unless we find out there’s 2 in there.😳 I’m kinda freaking out! Could it be possible that I’m having twins?! I have had worse morning sickness this pregnancy vs my previous 2. I’ve also been feeling movements since about 9-10 weeks. He found the heartbeat right away just like my last appointment 5 weeks ago and it was strong and fast but he didn’t try to search around or find another heartbeat just in case. They didn’t schedule my ultrasound until I’m 20 weeks which is February 4th. This is going to be the longest month of my life! Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Next check in with my OB is January 31st. I guess I have to just wait and see! Maybe I’m just freaking out for nothing...I tend to be a worrier 😬
  • I had an my appt today and everything looked good. I got to actually hear the heartbeat for the first time and it was the most beautiful sound, 145 bpm which is slower than with the 2 previous sonograms but she said everything looked good. They set my AS for Jan 29th, that's also more than likely when we'll find out the sex. DHs bday is that weekend so my sister and niece are planning a gender reveal for us that weekend.

@flutterjen 🤯omg that would freak me out a little too. hopefully this month flies by so you can find out soon.
  • @flutterjen
    Have you not had a dating scan? How had your doctor been able to tell you have measured on time as you have indicated in previous posts? Usually fundal heights aren't started until week 20 because of accuracy. To answer your question about anyone experiencing this before, I have been pregnant with twins before (it was my second pregnancy). I didn't feel them until week 14, so at 9 weeks...yeah probably just gas. And my symptoms were actually my mildest with them out of all 3 of my pregnancies...

flutterjen said:
    I had an appointment this morning for a monthly check in. I am 15 wks 4 days and my OB said I’m measuring more like 19 weeks! I am 100% about my dates. We were lucky enough to get pregnant the first time we tried and we were super careful before that. He said we might have a surprise at my anatomy scan and also commented that me running 5 days a week is great unless we find out there’s 2 in there.😳 I’m kinda freaking out! Could it be possible that I’m having twins?! I have had worse morning sickness this pregnancy vs my previous 2. I’ve also been feeling movements since about 9-10 weeks. He found the heartbeat right away just like my last appointment 5 weeks ago and it was strong and fast but he didn’t try to search around or find another heartbeat just in case. They didn’t schedule my ultrasound until I’m 20 weeks which is February 4th. This is going to be the longest month of my life! Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Next check in with my OB is January 31st. I guess I have to just wait and see! Maybe I’m just freaking out for nothing...I tend to be a worrier 😬

*TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @flutterjen Twins or not, at 9-10 weeks a baby is only about an inch long, there is no way anything you felt at that point was fetal movement.

If you’re legit worried about twins I would insist on an ultrasound much sooner as twin pregnancies are obviously susceptible to more complications and you also need to be taking in extra liquid and nutrients.  I don’t know why your doctor would even mention twins if he wasn’t even willing to do a scan or look for a 2nd HB.  Also, if this is your 3rd pregnancy it’s pretty normal to be larger sooner since things are already stretched out. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @ballofmeat @coco2787 I know all pregnancies are different and my other 2 were 10 and 13 years ago, so I’m sure my body is handling it all a bit harder this time around. And like I said, I tend to be a worrier and over thinker really, so of course I’m running through all of my symptoms over the past few weeks like crazy. He was measuring fundal height. That’s what I meant when I asked if anyone else had ever experienced this...has anyone else measured almost 4 weeks ahead. I get one or 2 because it’s not very accurate but 4 had me a little shocked I guess lol I’m sure it’s nothing to be concerned about.
  • nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited January 2019
    @flutterjen couple of questions....in your intro you mentioned you were “measuring right on track at 8 weeks”, how did your dr measure you if it wasn’t via US?
    As for now, At 15 weeks I didn’t think fundal height was accurate but if your dr does and you measured 4 weeks ahead of where you actually think you are then why didn’t your dr order a US to confirm there weren’t any issues (either good or bad). I don’t know maybe you trust your dr but from what your telling us today and your past posts (TW* spotting) I’m surprised your dr wouldn’t order a US. Maybe you are just over-worrying but you could easily get a 2nd opinion from another dr or there are even “boutique-y” US places that I wouldn’t trust for medical advice but they could at least confirm 1 or 2 babies at this point. 
  • @flutterjen to be honest something doesn’t sound quite right here. If your OB is that flippant about waiting to see if it’s twins until 20 weeks, I would find a new OB. Twin pregnancies should be seen by an MFM starting no later than the start of 2nd trimester because of the high risk. They should have had you in for a scan after measuring ahead by fundal height. Which I’m still confused they even did at 15 weeks...
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @flutterjen Maybe he was joking around? Not that that’s terribly appropriate but maybe it was like a “oh wow, you’re bigger than we’d expect at 15 weeks, maybe it’s twins ha ha.” Again, not saying that’s appropriate but I can’t imagine why else they wouldn’t suggest more testing/imaging. Does your doctor have a secure message system or a nurse line? Maybe email/call and ask for clarification on that comment. I personally wouldn’t just wait and see!
  • Hi @flutterjen - how exciting! Agree with the other ladies here - if you think your OB might be serious about having twins, you really should try to get an ultrasound soon, for babies’ sake. With two, your nutritional needs and recommended vitamins and supplements will likely change, as will your weight gain targets and timeline. As others noted, different types of twins require different monitoring. I have the lowest risk type and no preexisting health conditions, and my very laid back OB still wants me to see an MFM at 16 weeks to make sure all is well. All that to say, with twins there are things you’d likely want to do differently for your babies now, not a month from now, so don’t feel bad about insisting on a scan now if that’s what you want to do. 
  • edited January 2019
    I’m not going to beat a dead horse here - these ladies know what they’re talking about and if definitely be side eyeing your OB if he is suggesting this seriously and isn’t willing to pursue finding out because, like these other ladies have said, twins would require specialized care. I have fraternal twins (di/di, lowest risk) and I was still seen by an MFM as soon as they were detected around 12 weeks. I had no morning sickness, no major symptoms, and I didn’t feel movement until maybe 18-20 weeks, especially since Baby A had an anterior placenta.

With that said: at 12 weeks, my fundal height was measuring 16 (which is actually why they ordered the 12 week scan, since my dating scan at 7 weeks missed Baby B, somehow) and consistently continued to measure about a month ahead until the third trimester when I just got huge overnight, so yes, fundal height can be an indicator this early of there being more than one. If I were you, if your doctor was being serious, I would be scheduling an appointment to investigate, because something definitely does not sound right, and you have a right to proper care if this is a twin pregnancy. Ultimately, your doctor works for you. You have a right to demand appropriate testing.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2019
    Double post, because the bump interface glitches sometimes. 😒
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just had my follow up for the last liver function test and the two that were high have increased. I had a liver function test done in my pre-pregnancy bloods and it was normal, so something has definitely changed. Nausea and fatigue have increased and I’m now vomiting on the regular and sleeping for 16+ hours a day. No abdominal tenderness and no other symptoms apart from some itching that comes and goes. 

Have to do fasting tests tomorrow for blood bile acids, another LFT, a kidney function test and a urine cutlure. Heading back in again on Tuesday next week for more results. 
  • @wiseh ugh I’m so sorry to hear this and that you are feeling so crappy. I hope they can get this figured out quickly so you can feel better soon! 
  • @wiseh lurking from July... are you being tested for ICP? I've had it with both of my past pregnancies. Happy to answer any questions you might have, feel free to PM. Hope your appts go well! 
  • Thanks @chrssyms

Yeah @ccmama3 ICP and from the tests he’s requested it looks like he’s checking for HELLP also. Apparently you can get HELLP without hypertension! Really hoping that if it is anything that it’s ICP.
  • @wiseh I’m sorry that you’re going through all that! How scary and also a time suck! I hope they figure out what’s up and have a good solution for you!
  • @wiseh I'm sorry you've been through so much! I hope you get answers soon!
  • @BlondePeanut So happy to see your update! Glad that things are looking good. I hope the AS goes good as well.
  • @BlondePeanut That is wonderful news! What a much more relaxing way to go into the new year, than with all the concern and uncertainty you had after the NT. I’m mostly just curious—do they know why the measurement might be high and then go to normal? Just a fluke? Anyway, so happy to hear this great news!
  • @wearyfuzzball Thank you! <3

@Bababatty There is still a chance there is a heart or anatomy defect but it could be that there was a minor blockage that resolved. Especially since the fluid when from 6 to under 3 in less than 3 weeks. Her position also changed, the first few checks she was laying on her neck, and then she moved to an upright position and the fluid started resolving shortly after. 

• @BlondePeanut I'm sooooo happy to hear that news! Keeping everything crossed for you for Friday  <3
  • My bile acids came back normal so no ICP. My platelettes are also normal so not HELLP. My urine is also fine. Unfortunately though my liver enzymes have doubled since the blood test done 3 days before, which means the rate of increase has also gone up 😞 going in for an ultrasound on my liver tomorrow. 
  • @wiseh I was going to ask this morning how your appointment went today. While I’m glad you don’t have ICP or HELLP, I’m sorry that you still don’t have an answer and that it looks like it might be something with your liver. I know nothing about livers or liver enzymes, but have they given you an idea yet of what may be causing that issue and how they might address it? And it sounds like once they nail down the issue that will hopefully help your sudden onset of MS?

Also, how did the drive home go this weekend? Did the towel help?